*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Captain Lithuania
Just now, Midloth_Iain said:

This seasons Don Cowie 

Was a solid player for us for a period. We could use somebody like him right now. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Sometimes there is no pleasing some fans, hearts aren’t at a financial level where they can bring in top talent, every signing we are taking a chance on. 

I can see Snodgrass having a similar impact Naismith did as both have had similar career trajectories (albeit less goals)

33 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That guy was phenomenal. Completely carried their team in the first leg and absolutely dominated us. 

Certainly was great finish for the 2nd goal as well although our defence was all over the place at that point

3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Latterly, aye, he was pants. But the first few months of that 18/19 season he was great.

He was rotten 

2 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Was a solid player for us for a period. We could use somebody like him right now. 

Absolutely.

Hopefully RS is the same, and he is better on dead ball situations than we currently have.

Edited by Midloth_Iain

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Certainly was great finish for the 2nd goal as well although our defence was all over the place at that point

Aye because of him 😂

Given we are very reliant on McKay for creativity and the window is shut feels like a solid signing. He can play 10, wide but cutting inside or deeper. If he's fit can't see how he doesn't improve the squad.

I never have and never will judge a player by what people write on here.  My take on Snodgrass.  I think it's a clever signing which should cover the loss of Boyce.  Some signings are short term some are long term.  He comes under short term category.  If he has a similar impact to Naismith then it's a no brainer.  

colinmorewasgash

Steven Davis was probably sevcos best player on saturday until that balls up with mclaughlin and hes 37 so who knows if it will be good or bad but we do lack experience in squad. Welcome Robert if it happens.

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I don’t think it’s a guarantee that Kio will get his work permit.

There seems to be a change of approach in the past couple of weeks which differs the approach at the start of the window. Why that is I’m not sure but players like Justin Kluivert and Diego Costa will surely meet more criteria for a work permit than Kio.

Different system in England to Scotland.  England is completely factual i.e. not enough pointe = no work permit.  Scotland has a panel that can decide to approve.

August Landmesser
26 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

It appears you’re incapable of reading and digesting a post…as I clearly said if Adam could do it at 36 then maybe Snodgrass will too.

Although they play completely different positions.

Craig Gordon can do it at 38, Johnny Hayes is 35.

Players can remain effective even when they're old

I haven't seen Snodgrass in years but if he gives us 60 good minutes once a week that could be extremely helpful. Even if he just helps us get to the January window.

Snodgrass plus one more would be even better.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GinRummy said:

He was aye. One of the worst signings of that period. 

He started off not too bad, he deteriorated with the loss of Naismith more so than anyone else, fairly obvious why

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He was aye. One of the worst signings of that period. 

I seem to remember him being an important part of the team that started well 2018/19.  He scored goals and linked well.  

45 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Wait til all these folk banging on about him being 34 find out that he’s 35 tomorrow 😆

This is my favourite post in days 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Brick Tamland
3 hours ago, gar jambo said:

Correct you should be able to voice your concerns if you pump good money into the club  What the club have to understand if you pis off the FOH  they can oull out any time if they feel they are getting short changed because I do ,

:facepalm:

:cornette:

Why don't you write a strongly worded letter to the club instead of spaffing your drivel on here. I also highly doubt you pay anything to FOH - you don't even pay £5 to this site!

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

I seem to remember him being an important part of the team that started well 2018/19.  He scored goals and linked well.  

I think he was brought in for cover but landed up playing and benching other strikers that year. 

2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

:facepalm:

:cornette:

Why don't you write a strongly worded letter to the club instead of spaffing your drivel on here. I also highly doubt you pay anything to FOH - you don't even pay £5 to this site!

Now come on, you will just upset the wee cherub and he will get very very angry.......

😡

The negativity posts on here are just daft if we do sign snodgrass let’s see what pans out before putting the boot in 

Kingsley, McKay and now probably Snodgrass. Anyone know any ex-Scotland internationals not getting a game at their clubs who will be out of contract next season and have connections and family in a 70 mile radius of Tynecastle? Might put a bet on.

20 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

This seasons Don Cowie 

winner against hubs...take that !!

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Kingsley, McKay and now probably Snodgrass. Anyone know any ex-Scotland internationals not getting a game at their clubs who will be out of contract next season and have connections and family in a 70 mile radius of Tynecastle? Might put a bet on.

Zander Diamond

Gordon Ramsay

Further proof to me that Savage is a bit of a waffler and didn't really have any grand plan in the transfer window. 

Just scrambling about trying to pick up anything. 

Having said all that I think he could be useful for a season or so. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I am yes,he looked absolutely shite.😂

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

It was Wigan. 

58 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Yes, the guy was towing caravans and he doesn’t fill me with confidence. 

Is one appearance a record for this place or have players been written off before signing too 😄 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Further proof to me that Savage is a bit of a waffler and didn't really have any grand plan in the transfer window. 

Make your mind up?

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Honestly can't see it being anymore than him topping up his pension pot with very little return.

😂 😂 😂 

The guy has made about £14M playing down south. His pension pot is more than sorted. Whatever we're paying him will be rattling about in the cupholder in his car. 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Could be or he could have missed out on a lot of his targets. You can only have so many options before you have none left. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

@dazajmbo was correct back on transfer deadline day as he said we were talking to a former Leeds United player.

No. I'm pretty sure it was a young Leeds player. Snodgrass hasn't played for Leeds for about a decade.

I also seriously doubt he was at Tynecastle on deadline day. If he was at the stadium then it'd be near done deal status and would've been pushed through before the deadline. I think it's an option we've pursued after the window closed.

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mind Chris Burke a few seasons ago, he was ripping teams to bits at 35. Johnny Hayes at Aberdeen is like 35 or something, ran the length of the pitch to make an assist at the weekend. It's not about age, it's about fitness. 

It's possible he is finished but I'm sure we'll have done our due diligence before making a decision. He should have a couple years in him at least at SPL level. 

Exactly. We have a keeper who turn 40 this year and still in the best form of his career. That is all down to fitness.

Then you look at players like Leigh Griffiths who at the age of 30 was burnt out and now at the age of 32 is playing lower league Australian football.

I understand the trepidation when people see age and especially with players who have had injuries in the past. But dont judge a player on seeing what their age is. I dont think is an exciting signing, but that is not the point of it. Its to provide some short term cover and help us with squad depth. Something I feel Snodgrass will do well. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Steven Maclean was mince and never had any intention of scoring against his beloved johnnies

What a ridiculous time that was, waiting on that dick to score

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Could be or he could have missed out on a lot of his targets. You can only have so many options before you have none left. 

Possibly, although I have my doubts about the guy. 

9 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

SO YOU LIKE IT, BUT NOT A LOT  ?

15 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Honestly can't see it being anymore than him topping up his pension pot with very little return.

lol - like his pension pot needs topping up by Hearts.

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, gorgieheart said:

SO YOU LIKE IT, BUT NOT A LOT  ?

😂😂😂

I would accept Snodgrass, yes. 

However, from the interviews given and the ambition Savage was showing in the summer I think most people, myself included, thought we would do better than a 35 year old who played 5 times for Luton last season. 

1 minute ago, HighTimes said:

lol - like his pension pot needs topping up by Hearts.

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

😂 😂 😂 

The guy has made about £14M playing down south. His pension pot is more than sorted. Whatever we're paying him will be rattling about in the cupholder in his car. 

He isn't playing for free, if he plays at all.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***