*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Nothing against Snodgrass, he’s had a pretty good career but this does smack of desperation stuff now from the recruitment team. Will happily eat my words if he turns out to be a revelation 

Yip probably the one area of the pitch we have plenty of cover

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Said before that before the window closed I would think we should be nowhere near him. But we didn’t get what we needed in, so we still need numbers so I’ll take him.

I also said to those who were talking about free transfers from all over Europe we’d most likely get someone in who has family/connections within a 70 mile radius of Tynecastle. And so it proves. Hey, Halliday can have him on the podcast too, so there’s that.

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Wonder if hes mates with Glen Whelan. 

I’m not too chuffed at this signing tbh. I’ll of course give him a chance but I’m not going to say much else about it. Don’t want to dampen the mood. 

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Why are people not happy with this?

Because they want to be annoyed at the club, and will use absolutely anything the club does as a way to get themselves frothed up

1 minute ago, Mac80 said:

Because he’ll turn 35 tomorrow and we would need him to play like he did 10 years ago as a no.10 behind the striker and his legs may not let him do that anymore and he’ll need to drop deeper? For what it’s worth, with the squad as it is I’ll take him and I actually think he’ll contribute. Not the worst signing in the world. But not whelming. (That’s right, I said it)

Snodgrass would be a class signing. 

He's not just got a great left foot but his work rate was always outstanding. 

He's exactly the type of player we need.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Because he’ll turn 35 tomorrow and we would need him to play like he did 10 years ago as a no.10 behind the striker and his legs may not let him do that anymore and he’ll need to drop deeper? For what it’s worth, with the squad as it is I’ll take him and I actually think he’ll contribute. Not the worst signing in the world. But not whelming. (That’s right, I said it)

Very good squad player to have, Doesnt need to be whelming in my opinion.

Snodgrass from a few years ago…great signing.

Snodgrass now…I can’t see how he will have the legs to perform as a winger/number 10?

We’ve gone into full panic/Levein-esque scattergun signing mode now.

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not too chuffed at this signing tbh. I’ll of course give him a chance but I’m not going to say much else about it. Don’t want to dampen the mood. 

Feeling the same can't help but think what we will be paying him could be better spent elsewhere 

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You are just completely writing of Humphrys after one game then

Yes, the guy was towing caravans and he doesn’t fill me with confidence. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Glass half full, well rested quality player with something left to give, glass half empty, has been wage thief picking up one last pay cheque

Just now, Goldstone Wonder said:

I never thought of Snodgrass as a winger. Always thought he was an all-action attacking midfielder. 

it will be interesting to see how ‘all action’ he is now he’s nearly 35.

20 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Snodgrass signing. Could be a decent short term replacement for Boyce. 

Great short term signing. Very happy with this. He'll probably sit more central now that he's older and I can't see him bombing up and down the wing any more, but a very very classy player with a tremendous work rate. His left peg is an absolute wand and he's some laugh so will be great to have around. Mentioned him right at the beginning of the window but never thought we'd be able to pull it off if I'm honest because he could probably still play in the English Championship or top end of L1. 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Snodgrass from a few years ago…great signing.

Snodgrass now…I can’t see how he will have the legs to perform as a winger/number 10?

We’ve gone into full panic/Levein-esque scattergun signing mode now.

I don't agree, just because he's 34 doesn't mean he doesn't have something to offer. We will badly miss Boyce, not just because of his footballing ability but because of his experience and talking the youngsters through games. I don't think we should be comparing this to Whelan, who couldn't even be bothered training here full time. Snodgrass doesn't strike me as anything other than professional. We might finally get a decent corner delivery as well! 

16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

English football have a stricter work permit rule then Scottish football. In England it is really by the points system and the appeal system is really tough to get past. In Scotland most go to the panel (something Scotland agreed with the home office) and so it is a lot more open for players to come in.

From what I have read, I do think Kio has had his work permit accepted, the problem is the same as it was for Rowles and Devlin, the actually physical work permit being handed over takes forever due to the bureaucracy. 

Thanks, didn’t know that.

Fingers crossed it gets over the line sooner rather than later.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Snodgrass would be a class signing. 

He's not just got a great left foot but his work rate was always outstanding. 

He's exactly the type of player we need.

I watched a 35 year old pretty much dominate us in the first leg with Zagreb so age isn't a problem.The worry is Snodgrass has been finished for a while.I fear this is our McGeady type signing 

Walter Bishop
20 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Why he's not even the same position 

He’s 35 years old, he won’t be playing on any wing, I’d imagine he’ll play either off Shankland or slightly deeper. 

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Snodgrass of 10 years ago would be nowhere near this team 🤣 it is a very good signing for a year or two.

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I don't agree, just because he's 34 doesn't mean he doesn't have something to offer. We will badly miss Boyce, not just because of his footballing ability but because of his experience and talking the youngsters through games. I don't think we should be comparing this to Whelan, who couldn't even be bothered training here full time. Snodgrass doesn't strike me as anything other than professional. We might finally get a decent corner delivery as well! 

Actually I’ll take it back partially…as he’s a year or so younger than Charlie Adam,

and he had a great impact for Dundee in the SPL didn’t he.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

I watched a 35 year old pretty much dominate us in the first leg with Zagreb so age isn't a problem.The worry is Snodgrass has been finished for a while.I fear this is our McGeady type signing 

That guy was phenomenal. Completely carried their team in the first leg and absolutely dominated us. 

Walter Bishop
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Great short term signing. Very happy with this. He'll probably sit more central now that he's older and I can't see him bombing up and down the wing any more, but a very very classy player with a tremendous work rate. His left peg is an absolute wand and he's some laugh so will be great to have around. Mentioned him right at the beginning of the window but never thought we'd be able to pull it off if I'm honest because he could probably still play in the English Championship or top end of L1. 

This is how I see it, not sure he’s been “winger” for years. Middle of the park, hopefully pulling a few strings, with the danger from set pieces aswell. 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Phil Hay tweeting yes please, Phil a Hearts fan who is a journalist for The Athletic, seems positive enough, maybe something left in the locker

Luton fans were really keen for him to stay which I think is telling, he obviously done enough to impress them. He comes in and offers us experience and another option in an area we are short.  As long as it's not a daft contract length I think it's a sensible signing.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Played 16 games in the championship last season and helped Luton get to the playoffs. Fans were gutted to see him go. On paper this signing makes sense for a year or so.

Ainsley Harriott
14 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Beacuse he's a 34 year old winger. We only have 2 strikers..... 

According to Anderson, we're after snodgrass. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. How disappointing has our recruitment become?

A loan from Wigan and a 35 year old without a club.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Beacuse he's a 34 year old winger. We only have 2 strikers..... 

More of a 10 these days

i reckon he will do well.

Always liked him since he scored a hatrick in Malta in a 5-1 win for Scotland must have been 6 or 7 years ago.

was amusing trying to get Scotland fans of a green persuasion to join in for the 5-1 photos back at the bars!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Negan said:

Surely this means he can't play in europe though?

Maybe better that way, if he can be our Sunday player, not a bad thing

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

According to Anderson, we're after snodgrass. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. How disappointing has our recruitment become?

A loan from Wigan and a 35 year old without a club.

its like the emperors new clothes on this forum at the moment…

A Wigan last minute loan…just what we’d all hoped for up front…and now a 35 year old Snodgrass, sod the ‘quality’ we were told we would get…this is much better!!

5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Snodgrass of 10 years ago would be nowhere near this team 🤣 it is a very good signing for a year or two.

I didn’t imply we would have him 10 years ago. I implied we need a no.10 who will be able to keep up the sort of pace, pressing and acceleration that he would have had at that time. And that it’s understandable that people have doubts over a 35-year-old’s ability to do that. But I also said I’d take him, not sure why that bit was ignored.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***