*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

AlphonseCapone
18 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

You're supposed to quote the other poster not yourself.

That's no how we done it in the 70s, you snowflakes don't know the first thing about quoting yourself. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

31 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just becasue they cant play in Europe, doesn't mean that there is no point signing players. Players we will sign will play about 11 games between now and the world cup when its our busiest time. While they miss 6 european games, they will be fresh for league games which is our problem at the moment.

There was the opportunity to push the boat out, sign players on a higher wage than we could afford and make the money back in Europe. Half a million pounds per win in Europe. It's a chance missed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Costa work permit rejected 😢 

Take that as a positive, they got no very quickly, suggests we are simply waiting for processing, been very slow this year

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

There was the opportunity to push the boat out, sign players on a higher wage than we could afford and make the money back in Europe. Half a million pounds per win in Europe. It's a chance missed.

Thats not going to happen because if we start bringing in players on a much higher wage, then the current high earners in the team will start demanding similar wages, then the other players want the wages increased too. So you quickly have an inflated wage bill. Of course you could tell the current players that you are not going to give them a new contract (unless they have terms in the contract that their wages match highest wage, so automatically increases) but most likely you will get an unhappy squad. 

Its needs to be done carefully, not gambled like you have suggested.

8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Take that as a positive, they got no very quickly, suggests we are simply waiting for processing, been very slow this year

A whole raft of mediocre foreign players with CVs worse than Kios have been signed by Scottish clubs this summer. I can't think of anyone who's been rejected.

57 minutes ago, Sertse said:

A hearts page said we're looking at 2 free agents. Is it true? Who knows.

Does it even matter considering they can't play in Europe because we missed the registration deadline to bring in players we've known we needed for MONTHS and had the money to bring in a higher standard of player?

Am I annoyed? Yes

Well aye, because we still want enough players to have a strong domestic campaign. 

You'd be the first one on here moaning if we got pumped because of a lack of cover in one position or another. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

A whole raft of mediocre foreign players with CVs worse than Kios have been signed by Scottish clubs this summer. I can't think of anyone who's been rejected.

I wonder if Costa has had his rejected to a poor recent record of games played? Agree, not many rejected here and he would be considerably better than a good few

8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

1 hour ago, gar jambo said:

Don't go there pal you know nothing 

So much anger, you quoted me twice....  70's child... 

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I wonder if Costa has had his rejected to a poor recent record of games played? Agree, not many rejected here and he would be considerably better than a good few

I think I've seen the process in Scotland is different/less stringent to England. Different assessment criteria maybe?

6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Tightening up the points system. 👉 

Just now, DC_92 said:

I think I've seen the process in Scotland is different/less stringent to England. Different assessment criteria maybe?

sure i read that Costa hasnt kicked a ball since janurary  ?  maybe there is  criteria involving actively taking part that has vetoed his application  ? 

36 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Maybe not enough points. 

Mate Bojang gets one then anybody should get one in Scotland.6 games in the third tier Portuguese football and doesn't even play for a club 😂

6 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

sure i read that Costa hasnt kicked a ball since janurary  ?  maybe there is  criteria involving actively taking part that has vetoed his application  ? 

Its because of his age (33 - nearing retirement) and lack of recent international appearances. Its pretty easy to get an international footballer a WP but there's some red tape if not - especially if they've been a regular international and now aren't. If it gets turned down through the automatic points system they'll probably be successful with an appeal through the exceptional talent thing. 

Edited by Batistuta87

8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

There is no criteria from what I have seen this season.Certainly no scrutiny or Hibs would be short by about 4 signings

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Its because of his age (33 - nearing retirement) and lack of international appearances. Its pretty easy to get an international footballer a WP but there's some red tape if not. If it gets turned down through the automatic points system they'll probably be successful with an appeal through the exceptional talent loophole. 

What about Kluivert did he get his in the end for Fulham.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

What about Kluivert did he get his in the end for Fulham.

Not yet. No sign of an appeal either. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Ricardo Quaresma

I find it curious that Kio's UEFA page was updated 18 hours ago, with shirt number 8

Maybe something, maybe nothing

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I find it curious that Kio's UEFA page was updated 18 hours ago, with shirt number 8

Maybe something, maybe nothing

Robbie said they had registered him for Europe so he was good to go whenever the application comes through

EXCL: Robert Snodgrass is on the verge of joining Hearts. The former Scotland international is in Edinburgh finalising a move to the capital. The 34-year-old winger is a free agent after leaving Luton Town #HMFC

jamboinglasgow
30 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Well aye, because we still want enough players to have a strong domestic campaign. 

You'd be the first one on here moaning if we got pumped because of a lack of cover in one position or another. 

And we could sign a great player as a free agent, and the complaint would be why did we not get him quicker for Europe (where the truth could be the player has only signed for us after looking around at their options and that was going to take longer than 1 day of being a free agent.

Its damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Truth is, from what Robbie at the weekend, we will probably sign someone next week as players realise they are not getting the deals they want and want to secure a club. Has been common from players in Europe this summer where they have left clubs expecting huge wages, but they have not come so have to settle for less.

Just now, SuperAustin said:

EXCL: Robert Snodgrass is on the verge of joining Hearts. The former Scotland international is in Edinburgh finalising a move to the capital. The 34-year-old winger is a free agent after leaving Luton Town #HMFC

Not too sure how to feel about this. Brings experience and assuming he hasn't lost all ability he had at one point. But, has the feeling of a pro on the way down the way looking for a last pay day. Happily eat my words if he does a trick.

Am I correct in saying he can't be registered for the European games?

I don’t think it’s a guarantee that Kio will get his work permit.

There seems to be a change of approach in the past couple of weeks which differs the approach at the start of the window. Why that is I’m not sure but players like Justin Kluivert and Diego Costa will surely meet more criteria for a work permit than Kio.

August Landmesser

Snodgrass seems fine for SPFL games, gives Forrest and McKay a chance to test, adds some experience.

Hopefully has stayed as fit as Johnny Hayes seems to have!

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Snodgrass signing. Could be a decent short term replacement for Boyce. 

Why he's not even the same position 

The_razors_edge

Nothing against Snodgrass, he’s had a pretty good career but this does smack of desperation stuff now from the recruitment team. Will happily eat my words if he turns out to be a revelation 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I don’t think it’s a guarantee that Kio will get his work permit.

There seems to be a change of approach in the past couple of weeks which differs the approach at the start of the window. Why that is I’m not sure but players like Justin Kluivert and Diego Costa will surely meet more criteria for a work permit than Kio.

English football have a stricter work permit rule then Scottish football. In England it is really by the points system and the appeal system is really tough to get past. In Scotland most go to the panel (something Scotland agreed with the home office) and so it is a lot more open for players to come in.

From what I have read, I do think Kio has had his work permit accepted, the problem is the same as it was for Rowles and Devlin, the actually physical work permit being handed over takes forever due to the bureaucracy. 

3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Just what we were crying our for another midfielder..... 

He is completely different to the others we have though and has a fantastic left foot. I'm fairly confident he will be a decent signing for the domestic games. 

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Surely a striker has to be top priority. 🤷‍♂️

You are just completely writing of Humphrys after one game then

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Sooks said:

You are just completely writing of Humphrys after one game then

I am yes,he looked absolutely shite.😂

August Landmesser

This place is brilliant.

'sign someone to cover for injuries' 

*Hearts sign someone to cover for injuries*

'naw, no him, sign somebody else and sign them last week!'

6 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Nothing against Snodgrass, he’s had a pretty good career but this does smack of desperation stuff now from the recruitment team. Will happily eat my words if he turns out to be a revelation 

You betcha. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***