*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Whelan and Damour were playing Premiership football not long before we signed them!

That said, I think Snodgrass would be a helpful acquisition.

Yeah can see where your coming from but I don't see Snodgrass in the same mould as those 2. Whelan wasn't even here full time training and well Damour was just so poor. I think he would be worthwhile having on board until the end of the season on a short term deal he is a very good player.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You can't really blame the board,the budget is the budget its upto the recruitment department to source within that budget.

But has the money from 3rd, Scottish cup final,europe and FOH been factored in?

I would have thought that would allow the budget to be reviewed in the light of a) our perceived ambitions and b) our injury list.

Looking at that senorio, I don't think we have done enough.

However, the issue may not be the players but the way we play!

7 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Could we not just get Steven Naismith out of retirement 

A novel thought.

35 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Indeed. We have made slightly above average signings at best I would say. We aren't signing current international footballers (at any ranking) this window bar Rowles, who is only just in that sphere. Though as per Waterboy graphics, we are steadily improving the squad which is good.

I would question quality over quantity, are they really quality signings, I'm not sure. Again not to diss these boys, all perfectly capable of coming in and being part of the squad, I thought we would sign 3 guaranteed starters, undroppables. However the week gone by, nobody has really showed they can be the differentiator against awkward, well organised opposition.

With exception of Rowles, I'm not seeing the superstars. Shankland will score goals and will be popular, but he needs the help to do it, unlike Simms, he is not going to barge past 3 or 4 defenders and score or tee someone up, Forrest will have good games and bad games, we need to accept that and hope he can get his level to 75% good rather than 50%. Grant is new to our game, it takes some getting used to it, and he clearly needs to get his head together.

Long season ahead, everyone will be needed, its how much game time you actually want to give each player in your group, for me, missing 3 very vital parts still, RCB, playmaker and a quick forward

I don't know where I'm at with the signings tbh. If I had to give an opinion I'd say - Clark and Rowles really good signings. Neilson, great prospect but too early for him to cement a first team place. All the rest, too early to tell.

I do think RN may have made a bit of a rod for his own back by constantly mentioning quality over quantity though. 

52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fans have always questioned signings, tactics and individual players at every club. Why should Hearts fans be different?

We signed 8 players.

1 backup keeper. Needed.

1 striker. Needed however last minute due to Boyce injury.

Alex Cochrane. Quality and proven.

Grant. Now being written off after 2 games.

Rowles. Needed. Appears quality.

Forrest. Needed. Appears quality.

Neilson. Future however needed first team now.

Kio. Hasn’t even played yet.

8 players and it’s been a shite window. Savage hasn’t a clue. Neilson and Savage can GTF. Clubs recruitment policy is shite. I put money into the club and it’s not good enough.

Blah blah ****in blah.

8 on the back of the previous window where McKay arguably our best midfield player in 10 + years came in.

Aye our recruitment has been shite right enough and we should all have a right good moan about it and threaten to cancel our FOH contributions on the back of it even though FOH money doesn’t go towards recruitment.

feedtheroman2
18 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Could we not just get Steven Naismith out of retirement 

I'd like to think we're lining him up to take over from Robbie 

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

We signed 8 players.

1 backup keeper. Needed.

8 players and it’s been a shite window. Savage hasn’t a clue. Neilson and Savage can GTF. Clubs recruitment policy is shite. I put money into the club and it’s not good enough.

Blah blah ****in blah.

8 on the back of the previous window where McKay arguably our best midfield player in 10 + years came in.

Aye our recruitment has been shite right enough and we should all have a right good moan about it and threaten to cancel our FOH contributions on the back of it even though FOH money doesn’t go towards recruitment.

I know who we signed. Nobody really knows how our recruitment has gone yet, all you've got is folk giving an opinion on it, you're hardly going to get a load of posters praising recruitment after the last two results

Edited by GinRummy

44 minutes ago, Gav M said:

was it not Warnock? threatened to fine him if he dropped back in to has own half and also threatened to fine his defenders if they passed to him in his own half 😂 in so doing managed to cut out 90% of his pissing about out of position and not doing anything helpful. 

I think it was. Warnock and Redknapp called him the worst professional footballer they'd ever worked with. 

lost in space
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Far to many greetin faced bairns on this thread.

I wanted this. I didn’t get what I wanted so I’m going to throw my toys out the pram and scream and scream until I’m sick.

Grow up.

As for those saying you pump your money in so should be able to question this. No. Doesn’t work like that. You know it doesn’t work like that so give up trying to drive a narrative.

FOH money does not go towards recruitment. If it is ever is directed towards recruitment then it may be possible for a system to be put in place however that would be unlikely.

We know the FoH money does not go directly to transfer funds BUT it does go to other areas that Hearts would need to spend on - thereby allowing more income to go to the transfer/wages "pot".

And YES, we can question what is going on - or in this case, what ISNT going on.

The manager said he wanted more signings….

One of our players says the squad expected more signings….

But supporters get called silly little names for saying the same things 🤷🏻‍♂️

We are definitely short in key areas and the people at the club are openly admitting the fact…..are those who say we aren’t in need of more players now saying the club is wrong ?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The manager said he wanted more signings….

One of our players says the squad expected more signings….

But supporters get called silly little names for saying the same things 🤷🏻‍♂️

We are definitely short in key areas and the people at the club are openly admitting the fact…..are those who say we aren’t in need of more players now saying the club is wrong ?

Spot on

It isn’t fans being spoiled and mouthy.

Its the fact that the manager/squad/club didn’t get what was stated as a minimum requirement at the start of the window - even ignoring injuries.

This argument is like parallel universe stuff.

As an aside I presume the 8 jersey is still empty?

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Spot on

It isn’t fans being spoiled and mouthy.

Its the fact that the manager/squad/club didn’t get what was stated as a minimum requirement at the start of the window - even ignoring injuries.

This argument is like parallel universe stuff.

As an aside I presume the 8 jersey is still empty?

Unless the new German boy has got it. Not seen a squad number for him yet so could be wrong. 

I think although we are still short, recruitment has been pretty decent in regards to who we have brought in.

I would give pass marks so far to

Forrest (been good so far imo)

Cochrane (one of our most consistent players this season)

Rowles (looks class)

Shankland (has scored goals and looked a handful up front)

Potentially good Signings

Kio (played at a good level)

Clark (solid Spl goalie)

Neilson (only young and think he will develop into a good player, maybe needs a loan to get games under his belt after we bring in another centre half)

Unsure about 

Grant (from what I have seen he doesn't look as good as what we would have hoped for, he could turn it around of course but he doesn't look as good as Boyce for me.

Humphrys (not seen enough of him to judge tbf, but I don't like how his signing came about, it really did smack of a desperate loan type deal, I hope he is decent.

Hearts are really lacking somebody that excites the fans.Other than McKay there is nobody really.Hope we go back in and get the Korean lad in January.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Fans have always questioned signings, tactics and individual players at every club. Why should Hearts fans be different?

Correct you should be able to voice your concerns if you pump good money into the club  What the club have to understand if you pis off the FOH  they can oull out any time if they feel they are getting short changed because I do ,

1 minute ago, gar jambo said:

Correct you should be able to voice your concerns if you pump good money into the club  What the club have to understand if you pis off the FOH  they can oull out any time if they feel they are getting short changed because I do ,

Cool story !

Cancel your direct debit

cheeerio !

15 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Has Kio got his work permit yet ?

Not heard today but Robbie did say it's sitting with the Government so could be anything from a day to a month! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I don't know where I'm at with the signings tbh. If I had to give an opinion I'd say - Clark and Rowles really good signings. Neilson, great prospect but too early for him to cement a first team place. All the rest, too early to tell.

I do think RN may have made a bit of a rod for his own back by constantly mentioning quality over quantity though. 

I think so, I was expecting perhaps more fringe internationals or Olympic standard, Under 23, Under 21 kind of thing, not really players that have spent most of their days in League 1 or bottom 6 SPFL. I don't want to appear unkind to these players, they have a place in the squad, but when you rely on them as a group with these injuries, they look ordinary, as a group

jamboinglasgow

Have been off kickback for a few days and seeing this thread jump about 10 pages since then not going to go through all that.

Has there been any credible rumours on here?

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Have been off kickback for a few days and seeing this thread jump about 10 pages since then not going to go through all that.

No

17 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Cool story !

Cancel your direct debit

cheeerio !

Don't go there!  your probably hen pecked and get your anger out when you are allowed out once a week! Shan man 

Captain Sausage
Just now, gar jambo said:

Don't go there pal you know nothing 

:lol: what an angry man. 

you just lost a couple of games on fifa or something?

Just now, gar jambo said:

I don't play what the snowflakes play pal!  being brought up in the 70s helps me face most things in life including a trumpet like you all blow! 

Now away and drink your monster drinks and go to bed about now after being up all night .

Captain Sausage

That’s some Brexit bingo there. 

Refer to 70s

Snowflake

Bizarre insult

Borderline illiterate

Back on topic, no real rush now for a signing as they won’t make the Euro squad. Guess we sit tight and see what comes. 

15 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Don't go there pal you know nothing 

It's not up to him if you cancel you're direct debit. He doesn't speak for Hearts or FoH.

32 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hahahaha do you have any other funny jokes? :)

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It's not up to him if you cancel you're direct debit. He doesn't speak for Hearts or FoH.

Thanks pal he probably does not go to the games! 😂😂

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

We signed 8 players.

1 backup keeper. Needed.

Blah blah ****in blah.

And Shankland?

49 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Not heard today but Robbie did say it's sitting with the Government so could be anything from a day to a month! 

What a shambles our country is **** ourselves and others careers up so much for nothing 

54 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Costa work permit rejected 😢 

6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've never seen someone use being born in the 70s as a brag. What a snowflake. 

Maybe 70s Da's are bigger than 80s and 90s Da's. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

That’s some Brexit bingo there. 

Refer to 70s

Snowflake

Bizarre insult

Borderline illiterate

Back on topic, no real rush now for a signing as they won’t make the Euro squad. Guess we sit tight and see what comes. 

Ah so we are no good enough now!but is that's acceptable, your probably the same as Robbie no fight no character 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Hahahaha do you have any other funny jokes? :)

Yeah realised after I posted that I am setting the bar to high.

Is there any rumours at all?

10 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've never seen someone use being born in the 70s as a brag. What a snowflake. 

And your as cardboard as your photo you need whacked! 

37 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

A hearts page said we're looking at 2 free agents. Is it true? Who knows.

Does it even matter considering they can't play in Europe because we missed the registration deadline to bring in players we've known we needed for MONTHS and had the money to bring in a higher standard of player?

Am I annoyed? Yes

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Does it even matter considering they can't play in Europe because we missed the registration deadline to bring in players we've known we needed for MONTHS and had the money to bring in a higher standard of player?

Am I annoyed? Yes

Two free agents, Boris J and Priti Patel?

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Am I annoyed? Yes

Just becasue they cant play in Europe, doesn't mean that there is no point signing players. Players we will sign will play about 11 games between now and the world cup when its our busiest time. While they miss 6 european games, they will be fresh for league games which is our problem at the moment.

17 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Ah so we are no good enough now!but is that's acceptable, your probably the same as Robbie no fight no character 

Captain sausage 😂😂😂😂

47 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Now away and drink your monster drinks and go to bed about now after being up all night .

😂😂😂😂 Can I just say FTH

4 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

You're supposed to quote the other poster not yourself.

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

Cool story !

Cancel your direct debit

cheeerio !

4 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

You're supposed to quote the other poster not yourself.

Silly sausage oops I've did it again but you found it ehhh 😂

34 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Am I annoyed? Yes

ditto totally agree....👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦& fth....

AlphonseCapone
36 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

And your as cardboard as your photo you need whacked! 

I like that you think my photo is made of cardboard.  

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***