• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You cant be serious. There is an argument about first XI, but not the squad.

From the first team squad at the end of last season we lost: Souttar, Simms, McEneff, Woodburn, Moore.

We have signed: Rowes, Forrest, Shankland, Grant, Neilson, Kiomourtzoglou, Humphrys.

From that list, Souttar is better than Rowes (but not by much,) Simms better than Shankland (but again its close,) Grant is better than Woodburn, Kio looks better than McEneff, I think Neilson will contribute more than Moore over the season, Forrest has really improved our attacking options, Humphrys looks to be potentially a good signing. As much as anything we have two more players in our squad than last season,  

Right. We have now an enormous amount of injuries. Yes they’re unpredictable clearly but how can you honestly say it’s been a positive window.

Several players have not been replaced Simms being the prime example.

4 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Excited to hear how we are better positioned than the need of last season.

you don’t think we have a better squad ? Seriously ?  In that case I can’t help you. No answer will help 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Bazzas right boot
Just now, DB-14 said:

Right. We have now an enormous amount of injuries. Yes they’re unpredictable clearly but how can you honestly say it’s been a positive window.

Shankland replaced Simms in the summer. 

Do keep up. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Shankland replaced Simms in the summer. 

Do keep up. 

What a replacement he’s been.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

you don’t think we have a better squad ? Seriously ? 

Compared to May? It’s not much better really :rofl: 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, DB-14 said:

You must have missed the last few months of last season when players were dropping like flies. Part of the problem at the cup final was most of the team had only played 1 game in weeks due to injury.

Any form of criticism in this place is met with derision. It’s been a disgrace of a window IMO. People can disagree of course and justify things but that’s the joy of opinions.

Just now, DB-14 said:

Any form of criticism in this place is met with derision. It’s been a disgrace of a window IMO. People can disagree of course and justify things but that’s the joy of opinions.

You not gone to bed yet?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

What a replacement he’s been.

We tried for Simms and failed, out of our price range. 

Do keep up. 

Shankland has also been fine, if you're hinting Shankland is poor or will be poor, then that's your problem. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

A disgrace!

🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

A disgrace!

🤣🤣🤣

Come January we will see. I’ll apologise if it turns out to have been a sterling window and the players we’ve signed have contributed enormously.

colinmorewasgash
39 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Okay if even if so we’ve 24 hours to register players or they can’t play in Europe.

Personally I am immensely disappointed in this window.

I get impression it will go quiet again we say we are looking at free agents then say there wasn't enough time to register anyone for europe anyway or there is nothing better than what we have so we will stick with what he have got players coming back for saturday etc more spin.

6 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

I get impression it will go quiet again we say we are looking at free agents then say there wasn't enough time to register anyone for europe anyway or there is nothing better than what we have so we will stick with what he have got players coming back for saturday etc more spin.

What size is our squad?

22 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

I think you should send a strongly worded letter to the Board. Always good to share your feelings. 

7 minutes ago, Pagey said:

I think you should send a strongly worded letter to the Board. Always good to share your feelings. 

Great patter.

33 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

100% where is the money?

1968 Done over

We are where we are as far the other footbal leagues are corncered there are only 2 teams in scotland and that is the glasgow based magots how they have screwed us all over we are looked on as backwater league think about it looking at nott forest owner over riding the notts management stopping a loan how many times has this happened regarding transfer targets over the last few months we have to use what we have and move forward not ideal but life sucks lets prove them wrong and shove it up them...

Thw window has been a disappointment for me but I'd rather we signed nobody than a no-hoper.

We may have picked up a diamond in Neilson.  Kio might be a strong addition.  So might Humphrys.

Glass half full for me.  Let's see how we look at the end of this month.  Very much hope Rowles is back in training by then and Beni is making good progress.

38 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A disgrace!

🤣🤣🤣

OK far less than we should be able to afford and the paying fans deserve.

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

Surely there's a few decent players we can sign up on a free transfer? Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Where is the money? FREE TRANSFER?

Arthur Morgan
Just now, bawheed said:

You do realise 'free transfers' require a sign on fee and wages right? Sometimes a 'free transfer' can end up costing quite a bit of money. McKay was a 'free transfer', so was Kingsley, 2 of our best players! 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

You do realise 'free transfers' require a sign on fee and wages right? Sometimes a 'free transfer' can end up costing quite a bit of money. McKay was a 'free transfer', so was Kingsley, 2 of our best players! 

Yes but peanuts, with the cash Hearts are generating, you think that's our best option?

1 minute ago, bawheed said:

Yes but peanuts, with the cash Hearts are generating, you think that's our best option?

Well right now it's our only option given the window is closed. Besides, we've likely spent well over £1m on transfer fees this Summer, far more than we've spent since the Romanov days. Say what you like about who we've actually spent the money on but we have spent it. 

Just now, bawheed said:

I think we still have to watch our pennies. We've got a bonus income this year and might not have it next year, but still have to maintain a wage bill which has increased quite a bit because of our present recruitment policy. Third place is important if we're to maintain that.

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, bawheed said:

I don't know, but it's not as if we haven't spent any money this window. 350k for Kio, probably around that for Shankland. 6 figure fee for Grant I would imagine, same for Rowles, same for Cochrane. We have spent quite a bit. 

Goodness sakes. We haven't seen quite the lucky strikes (like Lee) that we'd hoped, but it was a good, robust window.

Shankland is on current evidence an improvement on Simms. I think folk got a bit starry-eyed by the big man's admittedly flawless hair, but Shankland frankly does more for the team and his strike rate per game is well above Simms'. No shade on Simms, a guy I loved and wanted to keep, but Shanks is better.

Forrest has been good to outstanding every time he's played. Neilson looks a real find. We're all pissed at Grant for the his flop against Zurich but aside from that he's been generally positive. Rowles looks like he could make us forget Souttar very fast, even if he's not a natural right sider.

We haven't seen Zog or Humphries yet so it's impossible to know but they have a good look about them at first.

Our post-window signing last year was Barrie McKay, now arguably our best outfield player. I have no idea if we could get in a Rogic or Snodgrass level player, but they could easily have a similar impact for us and would be a fine capstone to this summer's signings.

We don't look very good right now because our defence has been shredded by injuries, but several of our cornerstones are coming back. We have the closest competition to McKay for best outfield player in Baningime coming back some time late fall. Boyce is far and away the biggest blow, because even though his scoring touch has been off he's still given so much positive to the squad. Hopefully Grant can fill in at the #10 role in the 4-2-3-1 but if not it's possible Devlin, who's been playing his absolute best for us recently, moves up there.

Neilson's progression has almost certainly eased the pressure on getting an RCB in, and Stewart may have shown in training what we saw at Parkhead, that he's progressed and makes a fine backup.

It's been a very good window. It's disappointing because we were all salivating for an exceptional window, which hasn't appeared (yet

41 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Totally agree 3 million in ticket sales from the 4 European home games plus the hickey windfall and the 120k a month foh plus the money from the conference league wheres it all going 

22 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Totally agree 3 million in ticket sales from the 4 European home games plus the hickey windfall and the 120k a month foh plus the money from the conference league wheres it all going 

Did you copy 👆 from .nut?

2 hours ago, DB-14 said:

And then there is yours 🤣🙈🤣

Edited by 1971fozzy

Too many judgements on here before we have seen the finished product! All the signings on paper appear to have improved the squad and we know already our first eleven are good enough so I cannot understand the negativity of some on here!

A couple of free transfer additions to complete what has been in my opinion a solid transfer window.

Think we might be keeping some coin for January with close on 1 million quid for 2 wins against Riga at least in the conference,beni coming back hopefully then too , I think it’s going to work well to get easily 3rd then go again for Europe.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We tried for Simms and failed, out of our price range. 

Do keep up. 

Shankland has also been fine, if you're hinting Shankland is poor or will be poor, then that's your problem. 

To be fair Simms told us he didnt feel he had anything to prove up here after last season and wanted a new challenge.

Unless Joe was lying about that it wasn’t particularly to do with cash. He didn’t want to come back. His perogative.

5 minutes ago, Macmill said:

Too many judgements on here before we have seen the finished product! All the signings on paper appear to have improved the squad and we know already our first eleven are good enough so I cannot understand the negativity of some on here!

A couple of free transfer additions to complete what has been in my opinion a solid transfer window.

Hopefully some gems in the out of contract market. People are over reacting but yesterday was disappointing. More so, knowing the manager didn’t get the players he wanted. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Think we might be keeping some coin for January with close on 1 million quid for 2 wins against Riga at least in the conference,beni coming back hopefully then too , I think it’s going to work well to get easily 3rd then go again for Europe.

We are constantly told Jan is a difficult and expensive market

Would sound like pretty shite business choosing to do that - no?

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

Some really decent players there. You can search by position, quite a few decent strikers and No. 10's without a club. Once we get all of our CB's back, I'm of the opinion we don't need any tbh. I would be going for another 2 attackers (WF/10) (CF) to really bolster that area of the squad as imo, we need it. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Also Robbie was quoted saying we were willing to wait and see what we could do in the free transfer market. I'm convinced we'll bring another couple in 🤞🏻

When all is said and done I’ll judge the success/failure of this window on what I see on the pitch 

So far I’ve been impressed at times and disappointed at others 

We’re creating more, being a bit careless in front of goal and look a bit shaky at the back at times 

midfield and upfront, even pre Boyce injury needed a change 

Lets see. I’ve never heard of the last two signings so could be diamonds 

Jason Denayer is a free agent. He can cover right Centre Back and right back.  Probably way beyond our limits in terms of salary but it would be worth asking the question.

Theres a pretty good argument that Kingley and McKay are the two best players in the whole league outwith the old firm. 

Kingsley singed a week into October and McKay signed a week into September.

If we can pick up two more of those quality for free then our squad will look very very good, despite these guys missing out on the ECL games.

We're building over seasons, not doing a Romanov.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***