*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

33 minutes ago, martoon said:

I've never met an English person who hasn't heard of Heart of Midlothian, Hearts or, in more recent times, The Jambos.

1982, aged 14, in a Lake District campsite with a fellow Hearts fan and a Hibby, we played football with a few English lads. Who do you support was asked and those lads knew who Hearts were, where we came from...but had never heard of Hibs. 

My Hearts mate and I ripped the Hibby all week.

We were utter shite at the time, too.

😄

Poor Hibby 😂

All my friends look out for Hearts results and some have been with me to games. 

I work with a lot of Germans and we're even known there.

I refuse to believe we're not a worldwide brand :)

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

So you would prefer us to pay money for someone than wait till the next day and get them for free? Strange. 

How would we paying a transfer fee today for a player that is out of contract tomorrow?

5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

So, are they good signings or disappointing? 

Is it injuries or Robbie's fault?

When we lost Simms, and replaced him with Shankland, and lost Souttar and replaced him with Rowles and/or Neilson, what's puzzling or surprising?

If we bin 3 at the back (which we only play every now and then) what would you suggest instead?

Eh how about 4 at the back. 

And if you were paying attention we have played 3 at the back at some point in 3/4s of our games this season. Every time it being ineffective. 

Clark Griswold
Just now, Homme said:

:rofl:

We will piss third.

It’s not a given dude, we’re struggling already for fitness with the current fit squad numbers and schedule. From next week onwards we’re full on til Xmas. Proof will be in the pudding I guess but I just don’t see us sustaining form with the current numbers. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Players who have ‘to a man’ not been picked up by any other club and/or unceremoniously unwanted and ditched late by their last club

Tbf McKay and before that Djoum were in that boat.

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Nice comment, very helpful. We've missed the opportunity to improve our first 11, and the squad. Everyone has their own opinion of course, and that's mine. It differs from yours, hey ho!!

Maybe so, but don't think it was due to lack of trying

2 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Literally hundreds of players have had their contracts terminated today . Must be a few gems in there . hopefully a couple of agents on phone in morning

I remember sitting up waiting for Andy Webster to be signed on loan from Rangers. Hearts announced no further business. So I went off to bed disappointed, only for us to sign him on a permanent deal next day as a free agent. Worked out pretty well, so I wouldn't be too despondent just yet. 

Bungalow Bill
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We got guaranteed groups stage football from losing to the rangers in the cup final. 

Mate, you’re happy with the window I’m not.  That’s what this boils down to. 

1 minute ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Poor Hibby 😂

Totally agree. I was in a sports shop in Athens in 2012 and the shop assistant asked who I supported. When I mentioned Hearts he smiled and said he knew all about Heart of Midlothian.

6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Team for Saturday providing everyone who has been training is fit -

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin 

Haring

Forrwst 

Grant

McKay

Shankland

Bench - Kio (new guy), Humphrys,

Gino, GMS, Halliday, Neilson, Sibbick, Stewart, C Smith

it could be worse, and with hopefully 1 or 2 additions still to come in. 

I don’t see a lot of goalscorers in that team. Shankland, Mckay and then we’re struggling. Hopefully Kingsley will continue to bang in a few and Grant starts contributing goals.

3 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Poor Hibby 😂

:fonzie:

7 minutes ago, bazman said:

Give it 24 hours until the uefa deadline there will be free agents available 

When's deadline for registering players for next week?

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Potentially yes. You know we got guaranteed European football this season from finishing 3rd?

And because Rangers won the cup.  But it’s based on our coefficient - are we in the same boat for next season or does it depend on European points from our clubs this season (or is it already pre-determined from points up to end of last season?).

7 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Potentially yes. You know we got guaranteed European football this season from finishing 3rd?

And cup final no?

7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Hopefully bums Ozil in the first few minutes and puts the frighteners on him

maybe no, these euro refs love a red card oot...

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Mate, you’re happy with the window I’m not.  That’s what this boils down to. 

I'm happy enough. We could have done better, we could have done worse. That still doesn't mean this window was going to cement 3rd place till the sun explodes. And it doesn't change the fact that 3rd place does not guarantee group stage European football. 

5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

If both clubs want it to happen there is still time though.  Apparently not dead yet. 

I think it'll go through tbf

AlphonseCapone
25 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Brian McLaughlin got pelters for saying business done for the day but was spot on

Your post below suggest he wasn't spot on, that we were trying but it didn't work out. He happened to be right in the end but by luck it seems. 

17 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Clark Griswold

Be interesting to see how many on here, with the current squad, injuries etc included, think we’re going to skoosh  third 

1 minute ago, airthjambo said:

Maybe so, but don't think it was due to lack of trying

I agree, but Robbie's comment that we should be a bit more aggressive in the market, was an interesting one. Maybe nothing in it, maybe a disagreement with recruitment efforts. Who knows, it is what it is. I'm away for another whisky, have a good night bud.

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How would we paying a transfer fee today for a player that is out of contract tomorrow?

How would we be paying a transfer fee? I dunno, bank transfer? 

Why would we be paying a transfer fee? I dunno, you should maybe ask the poster i quoted, it was their suggestion that we are penny pinching if we wait for them to be out of contract. 

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

County have signed players like Dhanda and Edwards. Dundee Utd have signed Levitt, McGrath and Fletcher (and the LB they have had decent pedigree) Livingston have signed a decent keeper. Hibs have signed Marshall, Cabraja and Kenneh (say what you want about them, but they’re decent players) Motherwell have Aarons.

Now, I’m not suggesting that those players (in addition to Miovski, Clarkson and maybe one or two others at Aberdeen) should replace players in our team. But maybe a few of them could’ve supplemented what we already have.

That sums you up.  Never heard of most of them. Uniteds signings have really improved them, I’ll give you that. 😂 Livi signing a keeper to replace a really good keeper doesnt Improve them. Sorry but maybe Levitt and McGrath would have been good for us but United  paid way over the odds to bring them in and now both probably want out. The rest- No thanks. 

1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

And cup final no?

Cup winner gets best europa league spot.  We lost the cup so that spot went to the league, we then got it as in 3rd place.   

The cup runner up stopped getting into europe a few seasons back

6 minutes ago, Homme said:

:rofl:

We will piss third.

Smiling laughing emoji 24 hours after we've been launched out of league cup at home to a promoted side with a fraction of our budget 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Would love another Djoum in midfield. 

We have Beni coming back remember . A class act and one that too many seem to of forgotten about.  

Edited by 1971fozzy

10 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Hopefully bums Ozil in the first few minutes and puts the frighteners on him

I'm all for letting the opposition know you're there early doors, but surprise butseks is probably a yellow at least.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Be interesting to see how many on here, with the current squad, injuries etc included, think we’re going to skoosh  third 

I think we’ll finish third not by a massive amount 

Holyrood_Hearts
3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I don’t see a lot of goalscorers in that team. Shankland, Mckay and then we’re struggling. Hopefully Kingsley will continue to bang in a few and Grant starts contributing goals.

Everyone of them have scored since the start of last season for us, but nevermind eh

1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Didn't we sign Barrie McKay & Stephen Kingsley after the window closed? 

And Craig Gordon.  Not to mention Djoum. 

I think we’ll finish 3rd. Aberdeen the only threat and dont see them being that consistent. 

Beni back and a decent signing in the Jan window and I expect us to be strong in second half of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Me for 1.   

Group stages 

**** sake. Have to hope we have someone in mind for tomorrow then. Feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We got guaranteed groups stage football from losing to the rangers in the cup final. 

No we didn’t.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Spiv said:

Cup winner gets best europa league spot.  We lost the cup so that spot went to the league, we then got it as in 3rd place.   

The cup runner up stopped getting into europe a few seasons back

43 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That's just not true at all. 

Let's wait until he has some decent back up before making a hasty observation.

15 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

No we didn't.  We got it from finishing runners up in the Scottish Cup, hence why we are in the group stages.

EDIT - Well the above is wrong, so I will triple down.

We've never signed anyone decent after the window closed anyway and we'll probably get relegated now because if we lose our best players to injury we are going to be even shiter than we are now.  Look around the other teams in the league and that is just simply not the case.

There we go, 3 for the price of 1.

Edited by WageThief
compounding errors

3 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

I do.

I think we'll stay in third or close enough that once we're done in Europe etc and all focus goes back to the league we'll cruise it.

We'll also have the window in January to add to any areas.

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

We have Beni coming back remember . A class act and one that too many seem to of forgotten about.  

Assume folk have just forgotten Ze German as nobody can say or write his name? Just doesn't exist on here ...

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Everyone of them have scored since the start of last season for us, but nevermind eh

If we’re relying on McKay being a regular goal scorer then I’m afraid we’re going to be disappointed.  

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Smiling laughing emoji 24 hours after we've been launched out of league cup at home to a promoted side with a fraction of our budget 🤦‍♂️

Yeah I'm over it already thanks.

Bungalow Bill
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm happy enough. We could have done better, we could have done worse. That still doesn't mean this window was going to cement 3rd place till the sun explodes. And it doesn't change the fact that 3rd place does not guarantee group stage European football. 

I say ‘years time come’ and you say ‘til the sun explodes’, Christ on a bike. 

Aye let’s not bother with 3rd though if European football isn’t guaranteed. 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, WageThief said:

No we didn't.  We got it from finishing runners up in the Scottish Cup, hence why we are in the group stages.

Nope the lads right cup runners up no longer get that spot 3rd in the league now

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***