*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

If we signed a forward that had scored 23 in 44 games i would be delighted. 

in League 2 ?

I would be cautiously optimistic at best 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Mate you take this place a bit too seriously 

It is only a message board and I seriously doubt any one went to bed last night even giving your posts a second thought and you should probably not dwell on any one elses either

Actually, I would say it’s others that take this place too seriously, since it is them who are the overreacting types to what is effectively reasoned posts being made by myself and others.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

To be fair Simms told us he didnt feel he had anything to prove up here after last season and wanted a new challenge.

Unless Joe was lying about that it wasn’t particularly to do with cash. He didn’t want to come back. His perogative.

Bob iirc said early on he wasn't coming back and we couldn't afford him. 

Either eay- same result. 

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Mate you take this place a bit too seriously 

It is only a message board and I seriously doubt any one went to bed last night even giving your posts a second thought and you should probably not dwell on any one elses either

Spot on. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Quite a fair take on things. You’re a good poster put you really seem to take things to heart at times. Just let it slide off you bud, it’s only folk talking shit on a football forum. 

I’m really not taking it seriously, when I get into work this morning this board will not exist in my mind until maybe I’m on the shitter checking my phone. But I’m not a fan of illogical things. And a lot of what people were saying last night (and today) has been illogical, so it’s mildly irritating it anything. And it was being directed at a few of us, so I was reacting to others being pious and snidey. That’s all.

32 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Went to bed last night,knew we wouldn't sign anybody else.

"Thanks to the sterling job our recruitment team do"

Aye nae bother Joe,keep talking.

Shame you didn't stay in bed really.

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Honestly, I don’t. This is how I type, text, write. Always has been, no matter the medium. Just because I don’t keep my posts to a tweet length or use laughing emojis doesn’t mean I’m being serious all the time. I just like to construct proper sentences.

I do not mean how you construct your sentences mate ……….. that is not some thing I would criticise any one for for obvious reasons

I just mean that you seemed to take a lot of what was said to you last night to heart judging by your first paragraph 

ScandinavianJambo
7 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I have no opinion on the player because I know absolutely nothing about him. He could be class. I just don't believe for a second he's one we've been tracking for a while.

You have made up your mind, like so many on here, it is s bit boring.

Need to keep an eye on Aberdeen Twitter for news on Ramirez. If the rumours are true that he's been released then we might end up signing him today. 

Very strange ongoings last night with him, it might be the case he was pushing to come to us and was told no.

Edited by Sertse

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Really? You don't think that nearly everyone we sign is someone we've been tracking for a while?

No, I think our latest signing is one that feels a bit rushed and a bit of a panic loan. I'm probably wrong but that's just the feeling I get from it.

Never mentioned anything about any other players.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m really not taking it seriously, when I get into work this morning this board will not exist in my mind until maybe I’m on the shitter checking my phone. But I’m not a fan of illogical things. And a lot of what people were saying last night (and today) has been illogical, so it’s mildly irritating it anything. And it was being directed at a few of us, so I was reacting to others being pious and snidey. That’s all.

What do you work as out of interest? Or what industry at least?

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Fair do’s. You’ve got to bear in mind that some posters are happy with absolutely anything the club does, right up until the moment they do a u turn. Evidenced by folk wanting Levein to stay one day then literally the following day being glad he was removed. These guys should be taken no more seriously than the moaning minnies. 

46 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Thats not really true though, is it? Maybe at the top end of football but not a general rule 

Whats not true? If a club has a player on their books that they don't want (lets call him Damour) that's on lets say 5k a week for the next 2 years, Hearts come calling, the players club will probably deal at 50% of their wages for a year loan. 

If a player is unattached, and in demand, player will say well your not paying a transfer fee), so I'll take 100k signing on bonus and wages of 4k a week please, otherwise I'll sign for that other club. 

This obviously depends on the demand of the player but going by Savage comments of quality I would assume we will be targeting players in demand.

1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

No, I think our latest signing is one that feels a bit rushed and a bit of a panic loan. I'm probably wrong but that's just the feeling I get from it.

Agree with this, Savage says in his announcement it was a deal we moved quickly on 

"We’ve been aware of Stephen for a while thanks to the sterling job our recruitment team do in identifying talent.

“Because of this, we were able to move quickly to bring him in and we’re very happy to be able to call Stephen a Hearts player"

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Need to keep an eye on Aberdeen Twitter for news on Ramirez. If the rumours are true that he's been released then we might end up signing him today. 

Very strange ongoings last night with him, it might be the case he was pushing to come to us and was told no.

There’s something about that whole situation that makes me think it has legs. The thing niggling me is Aberdeen won’t want to release him if they think he’s going to come to us. I’ve no doubt they fancy third and equally no doubt they see us as their main rivals for it. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

There’s something about that whole situation that makes me think it has legs. The thing niggling me is Aberdeen won’t want to release him if they think he’s going to come to us. I’ve no doubt they fancy third and equally no doubt they see us as their main rivals for it. 

They could release him, but I imagine it won’t be until later. They’re more likely hoping he’ll go back to the US than play for a rival. And US clubs won’t look to sign anyone until early next year.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

They could release him, but I imagine it won’t be until later. They’re more likely hoping he’ll go back to the US than play for a rival. And US clubs won’t look to sign anyone until early next year.

Is their season at different times?

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

If he's released he will be going back to America. He was begging aberdeen to allow it.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A bit like dumping some one and then jealously trying to stop them dating some one else 

The window has been fine. Not spectacular but fine. The players we’ve brought in are overall better than the ones that’ve left & I’d say our first xi is looking strong.

Depth in certain positions (RB/ST) is an issue but can be sorted with loans & free agents. CB looks a bit bare right now but that’s about to ease up with Halkett & Kingsley returning. Rowles injury is brutal timing but he’ll be back before we know it.

Guys like Connor Smith, Henderson, Pollock etc will need to be ready for there chances because they’re going to come with the fixture congestion.

Glad we didn’t need to resort to bringing in 16 ****ing signings that almost all look dugmeat anyway.

Captain Lithuania
2 minutes ago, bazman said:

If we are going to sign free agents you would have to imagine it will be today so that they can play in Europe so let's see what today brings. 

Thinking that too. I think we’ll see at least another one today. 

Has anybody posted the list of free agents that might be within our reach?

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Pretty sure he’s on about £10k a week tho and a couple of years left right?? so with that in mind, keeping him would be cutting their nose to spite their face if they’ve no intentions of playing him

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

6 hours ago, DB-14 said:

Any form of criticism in this place is met with derision. It’s been a disgrace of a window IMO. People can disagree of course and justify things but that’s the joy of opinions.

If you'd said it was a disappointing window, that would be an opinion.  Calling it a disgrace is patently nonsense though, isn't it.

I think we're at least 1 player short,probably 2 - but the season is a lot longer than the European games, so if we get a couple of good free agents in to help with the long haul then fair enough

21 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

If we signed a forward that had scored 23 in 44 games i would be delighted. 

In League 2? Cole Stockton has the same goals to games but a league higher.

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Pretty sure he’s on about £10k a week tho and a couple of years left right?? so with that in mind, keeping him would be cutting their nose to spite their face if they’ve no intentions of playing him

Never realised he was on such a high wage. 

I’d like us to go for Keanan Bennets. Released from Gladbach, kind of lost his way after a Going to Galdbsch for 2 million from spurs a few years ago. Left winger, good age and probably needs a place to call home.

A lot of people mentioning Rogic. I may be wrong but im pretty sure Celtic offered him a new deal but he wanted to look at going back to Australia. So I highly doubt we will see him in a maroon jersey. Zander Clark would be an interesting one, though would he want to come knowing that he won’t be number 1? I believe he had a few clubs sniffing about him from down south, though if nothing were to materialise, then maybe a good shout. 

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

In League 2? Cole Stockton has the same goals to games but a league higher.

Let’s see how his goals stack up against Shanklands at the end of the season too

August Landmesser
7 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

The window has been fine. Not spectacular but fine. The players we’ve brought in are overall better than the ones that’ve left & I’d say our first xi is looking strong.

Depth in certain positions (RB/ST) is an issue but can be sorted with loans & free agents. CB looks a bit bare right now but that’s about to ease up with Halkett & Kingsley returning. Rowles injury is brutal timing but he’ll be back before we know it.

Guys like Connor Smith, Henderson, Pollock etc will need to be ready for there chances because they’re going to come with the fixture congestion.

Glad we didn’t need to resort to bringing in 16 ****ing signings that almost all look dugmeat anyway.

We also have Beni coming back in a few months, which will be like another new signing 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

And a RCB, and a backup keeper, and perhaps a no.10. But apparently pointing that out makes you a Hibee infiltrating, pant wetting drama queen.

Tbf, it seemed like you were going to have a stroke over our number 2 a few weeks ago. 

You pick up a baw and run With it, I'll give you that. 

Calling you hibs is too much tho... 

Just now, August Landmesser said:

We also have Beni coming back in a few months, which will be like another new signing 

Absolutely will 

7 minutes ago, bazman said:

If we are going to sign free agents you would have to imagine it will be today so that they can play in Europe so let's see what today brings. 

You would hope so, yeah. But as we've already seen, just because we want something to happen doesn't mean it will. Unless we already had something lined up, I'm not optimistic we'll see anyone today.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Robbo Is God said:

A lot of people mentioning Rogic. I may be wrong but im pretty sure Celtic offered him a new deal but he wanted to look at going back to Australia. So I highly doubt we will see him in a maroon jersey. Zander Clark would be an interesting one, though would he want to come knowing that he won’t be number 1? I believe he had a few clubs sniffing about him from down south, though if nothing were to materialise, then maybe a good shout. 

He actually said he wasn't wanting to go back home. 

Stoke were after Clarke but it fell through. 

Both are doing he haw atm. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:ke Lee) that we'd hoped, but it was a good, robust window.

Shankland is on current evidence an improvement on Simms. I think folk got a bit starry-eyed by the big man's admittedly flawless hair, but Shankland frankly does more for the team and his strike rate per game is well above Simms'. No shade on Simms, a guy I loved and wanted to keep, but Shanks is better.

You’re not being serious surely?!  Simms brings way more to the team than Shankland. Shankland may score more goals (although early signs are that Simms might bang them in in a better league this season) but Simms is a far better and more effective all round player. We’re missing him hugely.  Shankland has been completely anonymous in some games  (like Wednesday night) and we’ll get a lot of that with him.

Is it possible that we have actually signed someone before the window closed but we're just going to announce him today? Signed the deal online and is on his way here, today.

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is their season at different times?

They have calendar year seasons, starts in March I think. Contract expiry tends to be the last day of the year.

Leveins Battalion

The fans on here pointing out their concerns are only amplifying what the manager has been saying... 

''You can see we need a few'' only 24 hours ago

''We've had dialogue,we know what we need,we maybe need to be more aggessive'' less than 24 hours ago

''We've targeted a couple,we'd like them to be permanents but if not we'll go down the loan route although not ideal'' last week

Now either Robbie was talking pish and only wanted 1 striker on loan or the recruitment team have failed to get any over the line,but the manager has literally just used the ''exhausted'' and ''short on numbers'' excuse already this season and it's only September.

I don't think we can rely on Michael Smith to play a couple of games a week, 34 shortly and seems to be carrying an injury, Atkinson and Sibbick are not convincing so I would think we would still be looking for another in that area.

Edited by feej

5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Goodness sakes. We haven't seen quite the lucky strikes (like Lee) that we'd hoped, but it was a good, robust window.

Shankland is on current evidence an improvement on Simms. I think folk got a bit starry-eyed by the big man's admittedly flawless hair, but Shankland frankly does more for the team and his strike rate per game is well above Simms'. No shade on Simms, a guy I loved and wanted to keep, but Shanks is better.

Forrest has been good to outstanding every time he's played. Neilson looks a real find. We're all pissed at Grant for the his flop against Zurich but aside from that he's been generally positive. Rowles looks like he could make us forget Souttar very fast, even if he's not a natural right sider.

We haven't seen Zog or Humphries yet so it's impossible to know but they have a good look about them at first.

Our post-window signing last year was Barrie McKay, now arguably our best outfield player. I have no idea if we could get in a Rogic or Snodgrass level player, but they could easily have a similar impact for us and would be a fine capstone to this summer's signings.

We don't look very good right now because our defence has been shredded by injuries, but several of our cornerstones are coming back. We have the closest competition to McKay for best outfield player in Baningime coming back some time late fall. Boyce is far and away the biggest blow, because even though his scoring touch has been off he's still given so much positive to the squad. Hopefully Grant can fill in at the #10 role in the 4-2-3-1 but if not it's possible Devlin, who's been playing his absolute best for us recently, moves up there.

Neilson's progression has almost certainly eased the pressure on getting an RCB in, and Stewart may have shown in training what we saw at Parkhead, that he's progressed and makes a fine backup.

It's been a very good window. It's disappointing because we were all salivating for an exceptional window, which hasn't appeared (yet

You're going over the top about how good Forrest is.

Devlin as a 10 is madness. 

22 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I never said you mentioned anything about other players, I'm just saying that it's very, very unlikely that we haven't been tracking the guy.

7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

If he comes back the same player. He’s been out a long time. 

2 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Jason Denayer is a free agent. He can cover right Centre Back and right back.  Probably way beyond our limits in terms of salary but it would be worth asking the question.

Jesus christ. I know I might have suggested a few that might have been out of our league but this takes the absolute piss.

Jason Denayer is the highest valued free agent in world football with an estimated market value of £12.6M. Our entire squad's market value is an estimated £12.8M. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, feej said:

I don't think we can rely on Michael Smith two play a couple of games a week, 34 shortly and seems to be carrying an injury, Atkinson and Sibbick are not convincing so I would think we would still be looking for another in that area.

No chance imo. We’ll run with what we have. Anybody coming in will be an attacking player I think. 

Had to remind myself who we have signed this window.  Cochrane, Neilson, Rowles, Shankland, Grant, Forrest, Kio and Humphrys.  8 Signings.  I get that due to injuries we could perhaps have done with one or two more but some of the reactions on this thread have been frankly embarrassing.  

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’re not being serious surely?!  Simms brings way more to the team than Shankland. Shankland may score more goals (although early signs are that Simms might bang them in in a better league this season) but Simms is a far better and more effective all round player. We’re missing him hugely.  Shankland has been completely anonymous in some games  (like Wednesday night) and we’ll get a lot of that with him.

More to do with Boyce being out. 

We miss that link between midfield and attack. 

Simms although effective at times wasn't a superstar. 

He missed some easy chances and had a poor first touch when back to goal. 

I watched him for Sunderland last week and although not poor he wasn't great. 

Give Shankland a chance he's scored 3 goals in 5 league games and hasn't had too many opportunities. 

Tantrums. If we didn't have the injuries we would be fine. You cant go and buy new players everytime someone is injured for a few weeks.

We bought in 8 players and paid decent fees for a few. A couple more would have been nice but there is no point in replacing woodburn with another woodburn, Connor Smith will contribute just as much.

Tantrums.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***