*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Brian McLaughlin got pelters for saying business done for the day but was spot on

He’s normally spot on but people don’t like hearing bad news so slag him of for sake of it 

I was hoping he was wrong earlier but more times than not he’s spot on 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

I liked the reply to a post on Hibs Bounce about Aberdeen not wanting to loan Ramirez to a rival (Hearts):

"Maybe they'll loan him to Hibs, then". 

😁 

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Then it was reported we'd made no contact, Aberdeen didn't want to give him to a rival and we signed a striker.

Yeah I know all that. . Neilson said he wanted a forward before Boyce injury. Now runouts going about ramirez negotiating his contract to end. 

Bungalow Bill
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Well difficult to know what to make of this to be honest. 

I believe the players we have brought in are good signings. However, injuries plus certain  players disappointing immensely so far this season has left it very much a “meh” transfer window. 

It is certainly a missed opportunity to kick us on above the rest outside the OF. 

When you think we lost Simms and Souttar and did not do enough to sign quality in those areas I am somewhat puzzled and surprised. 

Anyway it is what it is. Players and Robbie need to step up now. Let’s start by binning the 3 at the back please. 

This was a massive window for us. An opportunity to cement third for years to come. I’m concerned we’ve blown it. Like you say, everyone needs to step up now. 

11 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Trust me, it's decent, but it's not enough. Too little to late, for this window. And a massive opportunity missed.

Aye Ronaldo ended up staying at Man Utd cos nobody wanted him, what opportunity have we missed?

People acting like we've finished signing players.

Transfer deadline day is a circus for clubs to spend stupid money.

That's not us and never will be.

More players will be coming in within our budget.

Calm the **** down.

Team for Saturday providing everyone who has been training is fit -

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin 

Haring

Forrwst 

Grant

McKay

Shankland

Bench - Kio (new guy), Humphrys,

Gino, GMS, Halliday, Neilson, Sibbick, Stewart, C Smith

it could be worse, and with hopefully 1 or 2 additions still to come in. 

Edited by karipidis

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Other than maybe Aberdeen who? 

County have signed players like Dhanda and Edwards. Dundee Utd have signed Levitt, McGrath and Fletcher (and the LB they have had decent pedigree) Livingston have signed a decent keeper. Hibs have signed Marshall, Cabraja and Kenneh (say what you want about them, but they’re decent players) Motherwell have Aarons.

Now, I’m not suggesting that those players (in addition to Miovski, Clarkson and maybe one or two others at Aberdeen) should replace players in our team. But maybe a few of them could’ve supplemented what we already have.

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Bungalow Bill said:

This was a massive window for us. An opportunity to cement third for years to come. I’m concerned we’ve blown it. Like you say, everyone needs to step up now. 

Just a little bit over the top there! 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Did you?  Completely missed the point but bash on.

Comparing a loan player massively out with our budget to a current in budget player is like getting an autograph on the red carpet from Margot Robbie and then claiming you shagged her.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bauld said:

Calm the **** down.

Yip.

So is Ramirez a free agent now?

add Rogic and Barkley, would be an interesting mix, not gonna happen of course, "canny afford thum" n a' that.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Well difficult to know what to make of this to be honest. 

I believe the players we have brought in are good signings. However, injuries plus certain  players disappointing immensely so far this season has left it very much a “meh” transfer window. 

It is certainly a missed opportunity to kick us on above the rest outside the OF. 

When you think we lost Simms and Souttar and did not do enough to sign quality in those areas I am somewhat puzzled and surprised. 

Anyway it is what it is. Players and Robbie need to step up now. Let’s start by binning the 3 at the back please. 

So, are they good signings or disappointing? 

Is it injuries or Robbie's fault?

When we lost Simms, and replaced him with Shankland, and lost Souttar and replaced him with Rowles and/or Neilson, what's puzzling or surprising?

If we bin 3 at the back (which we only play every now and then) what would you suggest instead?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Yeah I know all that. . Neilson said he wanted a forward before Boyce injury. Now runouts going about ramirez negotiating his contract to end. 

He said he wanted a number 10 type and a CB. Ramirez is an out and out striker. Don't see it at all after we signed Humphrys tbh.

A bit of an anticlimax to be fair. Not sure the squad Joe has put together is quite strong enough to meet his target of winning the league. 🤔

Bungalow Bill
Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Just a little bit over the top there! 

You reckon? European football cash, FoH cash, season ticket cash. That money keeps us above the rest. No European football and it gives another team a chance to pull away. 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, graygo said:

And there we are, sitting in third right now.

well observed. Means naff all after 5 games though. 

Literally hundreds of players have had their contracts terminated today . Must be a few gems in there . hopefully a couple of agents on phone in morning

8 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we've had a couple of OOC players earmarked to bring in after the window.

I'd imagine this is what'll happen. Most likely a CH. RN and coaching staff need to get to work with Sibbick and extract some serious improvement otherwise. 

Dick Dastardly
Just now, Bungalow Bill said:

You reckon? European football cash, FoH cash, season ticket cash. That money keeps us above the rest. No European football and it gives another team a chance to pull away. 

Does 3rd give us guaranteed group stage football? 

Clark Griswold
4 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Shhh don’t speak the truth, people will shoot you down on this thread.

Bungalow Bill

Does 3rd give us guaranteed group stage football? 

Potentially yes. You know we got guaranteed European football this season from finishing 3rd?

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Forza Tertz said:

A win against Livi on Saturday and the pantwetting will surely dry up a bit. At least until next Thursday night when Sibbick meets Ozil...

Hopefully bums Ozil in the first few minutes and puts the frighteners on him

3 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

Aye Ronaldo ended up staying at Man Utd cos nobody wanted him, what opportunity have we missed?

Nice comment, very helpful. We've missed the opportunity to improve our first 11, and the squad. Everyone has their own opinion of course, and that's mine. It differs from yours, hey ho!!

Dick Dastardly
11 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I would, no reason to not have them signed already if OOC, or if we are waiting for them to be dumped by their clubs tonight then our suspicions of penny pinching is true.

So you would prefer us to pay money for someone than wait till the next day and get them for free? Strange. 

6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Team for Saturday providing everyone who has been training is fit -

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin 

Haring

Forrwst 

Grant

McKay

Shankland

Bench - Kio (new guy), Humphrys,

Gino, GMS, Halliday, Neilson, Sibbick, Stewart, C Smith

it could be worse, and with hopefully 1 or 2 additions still to come in. 

Were the Cochrane and Sibbick bans for one or two games ?

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Calm the **** down.

Exactly this. Deadline Day is like a 24-hr long match thread, only signed six players by midnight?! ***boooo!!!111!!

We'll still get another one or two in, and we'll be fine.

Fozzyonthefence

So you're basing your assessment of him on last night? Not the other games he has played? 👍🏻 

I was really querying whether you were arguing with the post which said Shankland wasn’t in the same class as Simms.  But the poster made a few points and you just said “that’s not true” so I was querying which point or points you thought weren’t true.

He is primarily a penalty box striker though, that’s certainly true.  He can put him self about and hold the ball up fairly well in some games but in other games like last night and St Johnstone when be came on he can be completely anonymous and have a poor first touch.

You get what you pay for though.  We can afford Shankland, we can’t afford Simms. 

6 players left from last season, two very good ones in Simms and Soutter. 

We’ve brought in 7, one a 19 year old not ready to play regularly we are told. 

We’ve got three long term injuries, all of which were known about before the close of the window. 

My mind keeps going back to the awful cup final when Neilson rightly said “we need more depth and better quality in every position”. 

Hmmm!  

It is clear we have been knocked back several times in the window. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's not been the worst window, personally frustrating we are not speculating a wee bit more. 

I can't help feeling we are looking at other clubs and believe that they have ****ed it up themselves. 

Hibs certainly, Sheep can point to Miovski and Clarkson as good improvement, but they do not look like a team that will dominate. 

Hence for now we stick. Given me a better feeling we might be holding off for Asian market

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Bungalow Bill said:

Potentially yes. You know we got guaranteed European football this season from finishing 3rd?

Nope Scottish Cup winners we only got group stages because huns had already confirmed europa league group 

Dennis Reynolds

It's been a good window but I don't think it's been enough. It's going to be a tough season. Will wait and see if we get in any free agents signed up for conquering Europe tomorrow before pissing my pants.

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Bungalow Bill said:

We got guaranteed groups stage football from losing to the rangers in the cup final. 

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

According to this everything was agreed, photos taken, wages agreed, but hibs tried to restructure the transfer fee to be paid in installments today.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2022/09/01/a-smokescreen-mckirdy-transfer-collapses/

If both clubs want it to happen there is still time though.  Apparently not dead yet. 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Hopefully bums Ozil in the first few minutes and puts the frighteners on him

That would certainly put the frighteners on anyone.

Might get Sibbick red carded right enough, possibly arrested too...

4 minutes ago, Forza Tertz said:

A win against Livi on Saturday and the pantwetting will surely dry up a bit. At least until next Thursday night when Sibbick meets Ozil...

Dinnae ma sides

8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Calm the **** down.

Players who have ‘almost to a man’ not been picked up by any other club and/or unceremoniously unwanted and ditched late by their last club

Edited by JimmyCant

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***