*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

We have Beni coming back remember . A class act and one that too many seem to of forgotten about.  

He's a long way off from coming back though 😕

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

No we didn't.  We got it from finishing runners up in the Scottish Cup, hence why we are in the group stages.

Nope.

Just now, WageThief said:

No we didn't.  We got it from finishing runners up in the Scottish Cup, hence why we are in the group stages.

No we didn’t.  Cup winners get the spot but not runners-up. If cup winners have already qualified for Europe through league position then third in league gets third UEFA place ie Europa League play-off place. 

The Future's Maroon
5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I agree, but Robbie's comment that we should be a bit more aggressive in the market, was an interesting one. Maybe nothing in it, maybe a disagreement with recruitment efforts. Who knows, it is what it is. I'm away for another whisky, have a good night bud.

Personally, I took as him saying something along the lines of ‘instead of playing back n forward with a club/player, we just say - right that’s our offer, take it or leave it’

I didn’t take it that he is frustrated or anything as previously mentioned.

I could be completely wrong too though!

Nelly Terraces

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And Craig Gordon.  Not to mention Djoum. 

Well, shows there's decent players out there & deals to be done after tonight. We need reinforcements fairly quickly though.

Holyrood_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If we’re relying on McKay being a regular goal scorer then I’m afraid we’re going to be disappointed.  

That wasn’t your point though 

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Do you really believe that Halkett can go from being injured to training and then playing on Saturday. If that’s the case then it’s obvious Robbie is taking great risks with players fitness. 

Thought you were joking previously. No idea if Halkett will be back Saturday or not but injured/training/playing is generally what happens.

Is there some missing , magical thing none of us know about?

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Let's wait until he has some decent back up before making a hasty observation.

I'm not making a hasty observation. I'm making an observation on what I've seen so far. For anyone to say that all he has done so far is to score a couple of penalties and a couple of easy goals is at it! 😂😂

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Neilson no perspective either ?

Do you mean does our Robbie have perspective?

Hard to say from his post match ramblings whether he knows the meaning of the word. But that goes for many managers 

... Including many successful ones!

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I say ‘years time come’ and you say ‘til the sun explodes’, Christ on a bike. 

Aye let’s not bother with 3rd though if European football isn’t guaranteed. 

Did anyone even suggest that? Christ on a bike. 

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Personally, I took as him saying something along the lines of ‘instead of playing back n forward with a club/player, we just say - right that’s our offer, take it or leave it’

I didn’t take it that he is frustrated or anything as previously mentioned.

I could be completely wrong too though!

I'm on my 2nd whisky now, I don't care anymore 🤣

10 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

12pm tomorrow I believe 

Sorry to be pedantic, but there's no such thing as 12pm. It's either noon or midnight (the latter, in this case). 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm not making a hasty observation. I'm making an observation on what I've seen so far. For anyone to say that all he has done so far is to score a couple of penalties and a couple of easy goals is at it! 😂😂

I'm actually agreeing with you.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No we didn’t.  Cup winners get the spot but not runners-up. If cup winners have already qualified for Europe through league position then third in league gets third UEFA place ie Europa League play-off place. 

Yes, I have corrected the error now.  Well, compounded it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

People can try and dress it up all they want if they think this is how the club wanted the window to finish they are having a laugh:

1. Robbie clearly wanted signings plural as recently as yesterday.

2.  Even before the injuries he wanted at least 3 key positions filled.

3. We are consistently told the market’s real quality opens up towards the end of the window when there are opportunities for real quality - not this time for us.

4. Humphry’s might be decent but he was very late to our radar and wasnt a work in progress until the last day or so.

5. We have in the past signed -and still can sign - decent quality after tonight but not much good for Europe. Maybe the club is happy with scraping two results against the Latvian’s?

6. We have added some good quality this window but at present it has fallen short of our stated aims/requirements and feels to me like we have been wasting time in the wrong markets.

7. I don’t think most would suggest we have hit our key recruitment targets for this window.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Did anyone even suggest that? Christ on a bike. 

3rd did guarantee us European football though right? 

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And Craig Gordon.  Not to mention Djoum. 

Eh?  Craig signed and was captain well before the season started.  June I think. 

1 minute ago, DB-14 said:

An absolute disgrace this window. Savage and co should be ashamed.

Savage and Neilson do not control the budget. Not sure why that's proving difficult to comprehend. Managers and SD's will always look to sign players. Board have quite clearly overruled or restricted the budget. 

Not sure we can pin this on RN or JS. Look at the money people and ask questions.

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Assume folk have just forgotten Ze German as nobody can say or write his name? Just doesn't exist on here ...

Can he play centre half or in behind the strikers?

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Tonight tells me the club views Europe as a bonus and unimportant, and if that’s the case why would we bother going to watch 

Don’t then. I’m going to all 3 home games and Florence and I’m absolutely buzzing for it. You enjoy Corrie 👍

3 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

An absolute disgrace this window. Savage and co should be ashamed.

That would be letting them off lightly.  They should be put to death I think, or sent to Bradford to play with Jamie Walker.

August Landmesser
15 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Haha. I think you’ve revealed what type of character you are, so we’ll leave it there. 

Hehe, fair enough, sorry about that, just got carried away with all the Deadline Day stress monkeys losing their minds. Got a bit indiscriminate in my responses. 'pologies!

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Don’t then. I’m going to all 3 home games and Florence and I’m absolutely buzzing for it. You enjoy Corrie 👍

“Just there for a jolly” type attitude is why we’ll be perennial losers in Scottish football mate 

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

People can try and dress it up all they eat it if they think this is how the club wanted the world Dow to finish they are having a laugh:

1. Robbie clearly wanted signings plural as recently as yesterday.

2.  Even before the injuries he wanted at least 3 key positions filled.

3. We are consistently told the market’s real quality opens up towards the end of the window when there are opportunities for real quality - not this time for us.

4. Humphry’s might be decent but he was very late to our radar and wasnt a work in progress until the last day or so.

5. We have in the past signed -and still can sign - decent quality after tonight but not much good for Europe. Maybe the club is happy with scraping two results against the Latvian’s?

6. We have added some good quality this window but at present it has fallen short of our stated aims/requirements and feels to me like we have been wasting time in the wrong markets.

7. I don’t think most would suggest we have hit our key recruitment targets for this window.

👖 💧 

51 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I get that. I’m not being a dick just for the case of being a dick.

The vast majority of our European adventure remains as yet in wazi land ie unpaid.

People should research how businesses operate their budgets versus turnover projections.

The game wasn't a sell-out in the sense of all seats taken.  It was restricted to 17000 plus due to having to allow a wider area between us and them as directed by Uefa.  I assume the same will apply for our next home games.  Revenu lost because of stupid rules.

People are missing that when Neilson said we needed a few more, he also said if it had to be free agents after the window then it will be. I don't think he expected to bring a few in today.

Still, I think this window has proven more difficult than anticipated. I don't know what they are, but hopefully valuable lessons have been learned.

Holyrood_Hearts
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It wasn’t my post you were replying to! 

Apologies 🤦🏼‍♂️

The Future's Maroon
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I'm on my 2nd whisky now, I don't care anymore 🤣

Fair enough lol, I’m about to crack on to vodka no 5 (watched Man U game - not an alcoholic).

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Cheeky 1 year, with 1 year extension deal...?

Screenshot_20220901_225657.jpg

I'd take him in a heartbeat 

5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Dito mate I think we're going to have a good season and the memories of Zurich, Florence, Istanbul and Riga to look forward to. HHGH

15 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

He's a long way off from coming back though 😕

Meant to be back after the World Cup ? 11 league games missing. Point is he should be back for the 2nd half of the season.  Get what you’re saying but we have Keo in now so hopefully he will help in that area

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That sums you up.  Never heard of most of them. Uniteds signings have really improved them, I’ll give you that. 😂 Livi signing a keeper to replace a really good keeper doesnt Improve them. Sorry but maybe Levitt and McGrath would have been good for us but United  paid way over the odds to bring them in and now both probably want out. The rest- No thanks. 

Didn’t read past the names did you?

We are a keeper short, not saying we should have paid what Livi did for theirs, but there’s keepers out there we could’ve went for that would have made that position depth stronger. We could’ve got someone like Miovski and had him, Shankland and Boyce (now Humphrys) as our striker options. We could’ve gotten Edwards or Dhanda as an additional wide forward option (or even replace GMS). It’s about adding squad depth. I would prefer we were able to go out there and buy/loan better than what we have, but if we can’t then we need the numbers in and the players mentioned in my post are just that, squad fillers (for the most part). 

What “sums you up” is that you fail to see this, missing the point entirely.

2 minutes ago, clark963 said:

👖 💧 

Can't argue with that.  All a bit of a damp squib.  What does it actually say about our ambitions?

Competing with the old firm and eventually winning the league - bull shit.  Never going to happen.  But we should be guaranteeing 3rd place and competing reasonably well in europe. With the right squad.

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That sums you up.  Never heard of most of them. Uniteds signings have really improved them, I’ll give you that. 😂 Livi signing a keeper to replace a really good keeper doesnt Improve them. Sorry but maybe Levitt and McGrath would have been good for us but United  paid way over the odds to bring them in and now both probably want out. The rest- No thanks. 

These players are with sides who are currently bottom, second bottom and 5th bottom of the league. Great signings and ones who have obviously made a huge difference and added to the quality of the afore mentioned teams 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

These players are with sides who are currently bottom, second bottom and 5th bottom of the league. Great signings and ones who have obviously made a huge difference and added to the quality of the afore mentioned teams 

I never even bothered checking where livi are in the table. Stopped reading at that point. 

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

People are missing that when Neilson said we needed a few more, he also said if it had to be free agents after the window then it will be. I don't think he expected to bring a few in today.

Still, I think this window has proven more difficult than anticipated. I don't know what they are, but hopefully valuable lessons have been learned.

RN pished off the board spent less than Hibs, and should have more than enough cash WTF. 

2 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Can't argue with that.  All a bit of a damp squib.  What does it actually say about our ambitions?

Competing with the old firm and eventually winning the league - bull shit.  Never going to happen.  But we should be guaranteeing 3rd place and competing reasonably well in europe. With the right squad.

I mean the idea of competing with the Old Firm is that far off that surely no one really considered it a go this season. Calm yourself 😂

8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

May well be players we’ve been looking at for a while but have had to wait until their club signed players today before releasing them, could be all set to sign them first thing tomorrow 

8 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

“Just there for a jolly” type attitude is why we’ll be perennial losers in Scottish football mate 

🤣

I love it when folk spout the line about fans attitude having any baring whatsoever on the team’s performances. Brilliant.

And perennial losers? Hearts ain’t for you bud. Nor any other Scottish team outside the uglies.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Be interesting to see how many on here, with the current squad, injuries etc included, think we’re going to skoosh  third 

+1

August Landmesser
11 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I think the injuries to Rowles and Boyce have skewed the view. If they were still fit we'd be a lot happier having just got a third forward in, with the prospect of free agents tomorrow 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***