*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Utter rubbish

Mikey Johnson’s problems are 1. Lack of consistency 2. Unable to get near a start in a very good side. 3. Match fitness as a result of 2.

A fit and focussed Mikey Johnston playing first team regular football would be our best midfielder since Skacel.

So better than Barrie McKay ?

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

And that’s the reason Watt isn’t good enough for our current squad

I never said once that I wanted Tony Watt. I said I wouldn’t mind Snodgrass for 1 year due to the current circumstances. 

17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Would you have signed Forrest before Johnston if offered both in the summer? 

Absolutely. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Utter rubbish

Mikey Johnson’s problems are 1. Lack of consistency 2. Unable to get near a start in a very good side. 3. Match fitness as a result of 2.

A fit and focussed Mikey Johnston playing first team regular football would be our best midfielder since Skacel.

:rofl:

Naisys Tackle
40 minutes ago, Hansel said:

I see where you're coming from mate. Can't see a lot of fans agreeing though. 

True. 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that nobody else is coming in. Hopefully I'm just being pessimistic (oxymoron?) but we are getting too close to the line without any rumours for my liking. If we didn't have all the injuries i wouldn't feel so bad. 

Remarkably negative mindset.  

Particularly because someone said in here last night ( @Batistuta87? ) that the recruitment side of the club is in lockdown so next to nothing would come out until it’s more or less done. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Mackay is a midfielder suddenly ? Since when ?

Shows how much you know, Johnston plays the same position as McKay. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Utter rubbish

I think the Skacel comment is certainly debatable (and frankly no need to debate that!) but if he was getting game time I tend to agree with the idea that he would be a terrific signing for us and would thrive in a Hearts shirt when getting regular game time. The reason I posed the question above about Forrest is that I believe Johnston to be significantly more talented than Forrest. That is not to say I am disappointed with his early contribution, I think he has done well but in terms of goals and assists I would predict Johnston to have a McKay like impact once he was up and running. Forrest's end product remains a massive question mark. 

Naisys Tackle
54 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

English transfer window closes Thursday 11pm.

55 minutes ago, One five said:

11 pm I think .

Cheers guys.  Do see the 2 days left thing on SSN. 

So England/Eufa deadline Thursday 11pm Scotland Friday 11pm?   

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Utter rubbish

🤭🤭

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I never said once that I wanted Tony Watt. I said I wouldn’t mind Snodgrass for 1 year due to the current circumstances. 

Apologies, but I would put Snodgrass in the same category 

His career has been on a downward spiral for years now

Bazzas right boot

Celtic could lend us a few players and sit back and laugh if they help us take points of rangers while they can't play v them.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Celtic could lend us a few players and sit back and laugh if they help us take points of rangers while they can't play v them.

I would take a chance on mikey Johnston on loan only if was a buy option at the end

I think the solution here could be to get the cheque-book out now for Woo. I'm guessing we are waiting until January for Woo because that's the cheaper option. Well injuries have surely changed that time line. We need him in now! 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Utter rubbish

I've mentioned Forrest and Johnston for a while on here, particularly Johnston. 

Both would be very good for us. 

Johnston could develop like McKay 

However, you've taken it a bit far and Johnston is a left winger 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

I would take a chance on mikey Johnston on loan only if was a buy option at the end

100%.

Funny enough I think Forrest next season is more likley. 

Johnston has hibs all over him. 

PaulHartley10

The most obvious option to replace Boycey is Connor Ronan on loan, if they won't do a permanent deal.

Anderson would have been great but no chance now.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

100%.

Funny enough I think Forrest next season is more likley. 

Johnston has hibs all over him. 

Forrest signed a 3 year extension at Celtic in the summer. No chance were paying money for him when we have his clone already playing for us. 

The B squad was quite light on numbers too. If we're filling out our bench with Denholm, Tait, Rathie etc or the ones close to the first team level that will also impact them.

Priority is always the first team but I wonder if any lads will step up for a few games and if the B team will need a few more players on short term deals as a result 

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Apologies, but I would put Snodgrass in the same category 

His career has been on a downward spiral for years now

Downward in your eyes is playing for West Ham, Aston Villa, West Brom and Luton (who were one game away from the Championship play off final last season) in the last 3 years? 

He doesn’t have to be a lock on starter for us, rather a squad player and he’d be an invaluable member of the squad both on and off the field. Also has outstanding dead ball quality. 

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They could and the other lot could also. I’d rather not take any player on loan from either or any Scottish club to be honest. Really can’t see that being an option for our recruitment team either. We seem to have plenty connections down south with a bigger & better  talent pool to do loan deals on. 

11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I think Scotland is the same as England Thursday 11pm mate I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong tho 🥴

5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I’d rather us sign nobody than take a loan player from Celtic. 🤮

get that idea to ****. 

Disagree.

Dick Dastardly
28 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

There was no rumours on the signing we made on Sunday until the day before so I wouldn’t read too much into it. We will be going hell for leather I think to get at least 2 in.

I've no doubt that Savage and co will be trying their hardest, I've just got a bad feeling that nothing is going to materialise. I get what you are saying about everything being kept tight. Lets hope I'm wrong, like most times 😂🤣

1 minute ago, One five said:

I think Scotland is the same as England Thursday 11pm mate I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong tho 🥴

Think Scotland is now Friday.

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

I’d rather us sign nobody than take a loan player from Celtic. 🤮

get that idea to ****. 

Kind of of agree with this unless there was an option to buy at the end.

No problem signing players directly from Celtic on permanent contracts,  all the players (that I  can remember) that we have gotten form them have added value to the team e.g. Roddy McDonald, Mahe, Colquhoun and became fans favourites.

Reckon Celtic would only agree on a loan so they can put players in the shop window with the purpose of selling on for a couple £m 

Dick Dastardly
26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This could have been a possibility but the Boyce injury changes everything. Maybe the priorities have changed now

The fees and wages will definitely have increased, thats for sure. 

19 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Great idea.

Dick Dastardly
25 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Remarkably negative mindset.  

Particularly because someone said in here last night ( @Batistuta87? ) that the recruitment side of the club is in lockdown so next to nothing would come out until it’s more or less done. 

I did say i was probably being pessimistic! As the clock is ticking and the injuries mount up I'm just feeling more and more negative about our chances. 

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Think Scotland is now Friday.

The SPFL have pushed back the deadline for Scottish clubs to complete their last minute deals after pushing back the end of the window to September 1. 

The window has been set to close at midnight on August 31 with the countdown already to the last minute drama in the Scottish Premiership and throughout the divisions. Recent transfer windows haven't been short on blockbuster moves on the final day of the window, with Aaron Ramsey's move to Rangers from Juventus topping the late rush in the January market. Fans across the SPFL will be hoping for more of the same this time around. 

Neil Doncaster has green lit the governing body to push back the deadline for those last second deals this summer, with the Premier Sports Cup taking centre stage at the end of August. There is packed card of last 16 ties pencilled in for August 31 including Hearts welcoming Kilmarnock and Celtictravelling to Dingwall to face Ross County.

I certainly hope we never loan players from celtic...never!

buying or signing ex-celtic players is fine, but even considering loaning current players from that lot just makes me want to get in the shower!

BackOfTheNet

We should not be loaning any player from a team in Scotland unless it includes an option to buy, or it’s part of a deal where another team has offered cash and loan of a player for a season that’s acceptable to us for one of our players. 

28 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shows how much you know, Johnston plays the same position as McKay. 

Brendan played him in centre attacking mid. Lennon wanted him to play wide but he couldn’t cut it. He was better under Brendan than he was under Lennon IMO. He can play in either position if we’re honest 

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

buying or signing ex-celtic players is fine, but even considering loaning current players from that lot just makes me want to get in the shower!

Same with The Rangers.

I'd hate to be a development team for either of the arse cheeks.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Am I the only one that isn’t getting the clamour for Nouble? He’s been played 9 games with a return on 2 goals and 0 assists. He played against Albion, Cove and Kelty and didn’t score a single goal against any of them. 
Yet, some on here are suggesting offering quarter of a million for him.

I never suggested offering £250K, I stated that's the figure they'd topple for, for Nouble

I think Jimmy and most others were merely hinting that the management might scout him deeper and might want him, not that they'd personally want him

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Last line made me laugh 😂 

Always think it's a bit tinpot taking players on loan from the Old Firm. Can understand a Livingston or Ross County but not the larger clubs in the country (Hibs and Aberdeen spring to mind). 

Makes the league look even more second rate. 

33 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

English Deadline : 11pm Thursday. 

Scottish Deadline : Midnight Thursday

Uefa Registation : 11pm UK time Friday.

Scottish teams can still sign from English teams in the one hour between their window closing and ours closing.

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I never suggested offering £250K, I stated that's the figure they'd topple for, for Nouble

I think Jimmy and most others were merely hinting that the management might scout him deeper and might want him, not that they'd personally want him

I actually said I wasn’t convinced by him. my thoughts were that we MIGHT go for him, not necessarily that we should. £250k is the very top end of his value IMO

2 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

Always think it's a bit tinpot taking players on loan from the Old Firm. Can understand a Livingston or Ross County but not the larger clubs in the country (Hibs and Aberdeen spring to mind). 

Makes the league look even more second rate. 

Would hate us to loan a player from either club. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, JimmyCant said:

I actually said I wasn’t convinced by him. my thoughts were that we MIGHT go for him, not necessarily that we should. £250k is the very top end of his value IMO

There you are, Ian, read a bit more carefully, san

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Brendan played him in centre attacking mid. Lennon wanted him to play wide but he couldn’t cut it. He was better under Brendan than he was under Lennon IMO. He can play in either position if we’re honest 

IMG_20220830_165916.thumb.jpg.dcba7c063bf42085d7eb8e54b1e55583.jpg

He played 3 times as an AM. He plays the same position as McKay. I've watched Mikey Johnston plenty of times and aye, he's quick, he plays beside good players but he very rarely beats his man and his final product is awful. 

He's not as good as Barry McKay or Alan Forrest. He's probably not even as good as GMS tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye, that is also fair. He can definitely play the number 10 role, the Boycey role. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

IMG_20220830_165916.thumb.jpg.dcba7c063bf42085d7eb8e54b1e55583.jpg

He played 3 times as an AM. He plays the same position as McKay. I've watched Mikey Johnston plenty of times and aye, he's quick, he plays beside good players but he very rarely beats his man and his final product is awful. 

He's not as good as Barry McKay or Alan Forrest. He's probably not even as good as GMS tbh. 

I'd take him 100%

He'd still be playing beside good players with us. 

😎

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***