• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet

Was hoping to log on for a wee rumour at least. August 30th and we’re just rehashing old ‘could do a job’ names and the like?

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bumcmmzsat3ll276pyt

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Ryan Christie on loan….

The same Ryan Christie that has played every game for Bournemouth in the EPL this year?

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

IMG_20220830_165916.thumb.jpg.dcba7c063bf42085d7eb8e54b1e55583.jpg

He played 3 times as an AM. He plays the same position as McKay. I've watched Mikey Johnston plenty of times and aye, he's quick, he plays beside good players but he very rarely beats his man and his final product is awful. 

He's not as good as Barry McKay or Alan Forrest. He's probably not even as good as GMS tbh. 

13 goals and 11 assists in 50 games but no final product and not as good as GMS ? I think we’ll leave it there.

Quick question:

Given that Keo came out of the blue a few days ago after working on the deal for a month, why are folk acting as though radio silence means we haven’t started work on a striker or winger yet?

Folk know we can work on more than one deal at a time, right?

Also, we always seem to at least twin track for each target position. Why are folk acting like it is unlikely we are working on deals for strikers? Yes the injuries suck, but we are probably fairly down the line with more than one player. 

adambraejambo
4 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Ryan Christie on loan….

They sacked their manager today. I doubt anyone will be leaving them until next window to give whoever takes over a chance to look at squad. 

south morocco
3 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

They sacked their manager today. I doubt anyone will be leaving them until next window to give whoever takes over a chance to look at squad. 

Aye I know. Just wishful thinking. Always thought he was a good wee player.

7 minutes ago, CMc said:

Quick question:

Given that Keo came out of the blue a few days ago after working on the deal for a month, why are folk acting as though radio silence means we haven’t started work on a striker or winger yet?

Also, we always seem to at least twin track for each target position. Why are folk acting like it is unlikely we are working on deals for strikers? Yes the injuries suck, but we are probably fairly down the line with more than one player. 

Imagine we’re a submarine. Moving along sleekly undetected for months.

Now is the time to launch the torpedoes and avoid the depth charges.

Doesn’t matter who knows our business now. Our needs are clear and in sharp focus and everybody knows we’ve got dosh so we just need to get the job done now and take the hit.

I think we’ve avoided splashing cash up to now. Circumstances have changed somewhat and we’ll have to go back to the board for more.

Edited by JimmyCant

22 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I never suggested offering £250K, I stated that's the figure they'd topple for, for Nouble

I think Jimmy and most others were merely hinting that the management might scout him deeper and might want him, not that they'd personally want him

19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I actually said I wasn’t convinced by him. my thoughts were that we MIGHT go for him, not necessarily that we should. £250k is the very top end of his value IMO

Fair enough lads. I grabbed the wrong end of the stick with the suggestion of  offering 250k.

55 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Celtic could lend us a few players and sit back and laugh if they help us take points of rangers while they can't play v them.

Exactly why loans in the same division should be banned

7 minutes ago, CMc said:

Quick question:

For the love of God will you stop bringing logic and reason to this thread. 😖

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

His German club told him he had to go to Hibs who had made a better financial offer. 

He’d be brilliant for us. His grandad is a huge Hearts fan and when Jamie called him to tell him he was signing for Hibs he hung up and wouldn’t talk to him  😂

Can’t be messing with the patriarchy of the family like that…

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Exactly why loans in the same division should be banned

Should loans be scrapped full stop? Same logic would apply if you go

large scale, say Man City loaned a striker to Napoli in the hope of harming Liverpool in the Champions League?

Some sense in that. Maybe stop over 20’s going on loan ? Clubs would just get round it by ‘selling’ with a buy back clause though

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Should loans be scrapped full stop? Same logic would apply if you go

large scale, say Man City loaned a striker to Napoli in the hope of harming Liverpool in the Champions League?

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, Dayman said:

He’d be brilliant for us. His grandad is a huge Hearts fan and when Jamie called him to tell him he was signing for Hibs he hung up and wouldn’t talk to him  😂

Can’t be messing with the patriarchy of the family like that…

wasn’t great with Hibs. However we’re a different kettle of fish and maybe his heart wasn’t in it. He wanted a move away from Germany and it was any port in a storm at the time

18 minutes ago, CMc said:

Quick question:

Would much rather some out of the blue signings than the names being banded about

1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

Neilson has a long way before he gets infront of Halkett or Rowles. He's one for the future though. Ita funny how we all thought we would miss Souttar 😄 

We do miss Souttar imo, big time. We've no RCB yet play 3 at the back regularly.

We needed a RCB before injuries, and we still need one now. Same as a striker.

I don't think our position has really changed. What we needed before the weekend, is the same as it is now.

38 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

13 goals and 11 assists in 50 games but no final product and not as good as GMS ? I think we’ll leave it there.

I think you probably should. Slagging off a Hearts player with infinitely better stats to make yourself feel better for talking nonsense. 

Ford Prentice
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We do miss Souttar imo, big time. We've no RCB yet play 3 at the back regularly.

We needed a RCB before injuries, and we still need one now. Same as a striker.

I don't think our position has really changed. What we needed before the weekend, is the same as it is now.

According to this guy Kio can cover RCB.

Screenshot_20220830-150932-902.png

I know tony watt isn’t a genuine option but don’t need someone like him to disrupt the dressing room. Seems to be a good settled squad we have and no ructions 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

English Deadline : 11pm Thursday. 

Scottish Deadline : Midnight Thursday

Uefa Registation : 11pm UK time Friday.

Scottish teams can still sign from English teams in the one hour between their window closing and ours closing.

Think its slightly longer too, so long as you submit a form notification of intent to do the deal in the next hour 

49 minutes ago, CMc said:

Quick question:

You'd think that would be common sense and everyone would realise this but you're on JKB

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Ryan Christie 😂 

this place is nuts, boys probably on 30k a week or something .

Don’t think people realise the genuine financial gap that exists. 

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Cheers guys.  Do see the 2 days left thing on SSN. 

So England/Eufa deadline Thursday 11pm Scotland Friday 11pm?   

No, Scotland and England Thursday at midnight, uefa Friday at 11pm our time 

36 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Yeah I know, Cumdog is the guy we need…

Has to be someone who mentions him every window. You get the prize thus time. 

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, Scotland and England Thursday at midnight, uefa Friday at 11pm our time 

Isn't it midnight Friday that the window closes? I'm confused now. Either 30hrs or 54hrs left? 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, CMc said:

Quick question:

Yes, this is all accurate. But at the same time, it’s the end of the window and we have nothing to talk about. So, quite frankly, blind panic is the only viable option at this point.

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Isn't it midnight Friday that the window closes? I'm confused now. Either 30hrs or 54hrs left? 

Scottish window closes on Thursday night - one hour after England. 

16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Don’t think people realise the genuine financial gap that exists. 

But but but Bournemouth are a wee pissy club that only have a 10k stadium

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Only if it's permanent though - not the slightest bit interested in loaning him. Have a feeling he's on silly money though despite only being a fringe player, so doubtful he would move. 

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Scottish window closes on Thursday night - one hour after England. 

Cheers, that stopped my brain hurting! 

are-you-stupid-my-brain-hurts.gif

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

But but but Bournemouth are a wee pissy club that only have a 10k stadium

Exactly 😂 someone like Ryan Christie is probably on more a week than we pay our entire squad 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***