• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

jamboinglasgow

seen the window shuts at Midnight on Thursday 1st February 2022.

So almost 3 weeks left. Should be interesting to see who comes and goes.

37 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I'm hoping we increase our number of squad players, but not by signing players to big up the squad, but by signing players so good some of our current 'favourites' become the increase in squad players.

This.

Wilson Wood, Would You?
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Is that the Julien or Gregorian calendar your using?

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

February?! 😨

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Nah I don’t think we’re gonna go until January this short.

No chance we do that.  Might do for a specific player, and Ive no doubt we do business in Jan, but we'll sign at least 2 players this window (or the day after)

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Heard we're signing Emmett Brown

This time last year we'd signed Stewart, Ginnelly, Cochrane and Beni.

Woodburn, Moore, Devlin, McKay, Atkinson, Simms and Sibbick all still to follow.

We can't just force good players to become available before their clubs are ready to let them go.

It's how things work, simmer down.

20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Have you had a stroke?🤣

1 minute ago, Tour22 said:

Wonder if we will be in for Jack Hendry. He has been told to find a new club.

Actually does fit the profile but likely out with our reach at the moment.

Berra than you

Would certainly take him but I imagine he is out of our reach at the moment.

He's going to Burnley, considering they just got a £150 million parachute payment, I doubt it

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

They’re not going to let someone they paid millions for just leave for nothing. Burnley apparently interested in him anyway.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

TBH I think he might be. Simms was great for us but he was also frustrating in that the ball often didn't stick to him. He did great work pushing the CHs around and his finish was pretty good, of course. Shankland puts himself about a lot more than I expected and moves the defence around. Maybe not as well as Simms did but he's much more than a guy who pops up every now and then to poke a goal in and then disappears. His control, touch, and shot quickness are much better than Simms.

Alas he will never beat Simms' hair, which was perfect. :sadrobbo:

Glad I was not the only one who will miss Ellis for his hair as much as his goals. As you say perfect

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Got to laugh when people say we haven’t replaced souttar or Simms. Would take millions of pounds to replace them 😂

Yeah, we cant replace them, but yet we found them once, and now we must try and do it again

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

image.png.dfdb8ebcac55b4dac701ab28b53d71ef.png

Not bad when you look at it there. 9 in 6 out (actually 7, you missed Damour - who could blame you) and only really Souttar that is of any consequence. Also makes sense with numbers to lose 2, and add 4, 2 have to be a choice of GMS, Gino and Hendo, though unlikely to be Hendo for homegrowns, Gino firmly in the ejector seat

Edited by Lord Beni of Gorgie

RustyRightPeg

Nathan Broadhead signs on loan for Wigan. Everton player mentioned in here earlier in the window.

17 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Not bad when you look at it there. 9 in 6 out (actually 7, you missed Damour - who could blame you) and only really Souttar that is of any consequence. Also makes sense with numbers to lose 2, and add 4, 2 have to be a choice of GMS, Gino and Hendo, though unlikely to be Hendo for homegrowns, Gino firmly in the ejector seat

Yeah, Damour had gone out on loan by this point last year so wasn't technically part of the squad.  So although a Hearts player, no point in including him in squad comparison.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Ah, but which screens??

The smoke ones for new signings 💨 💨 💨 💨 

55 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

That shoots down any argument that we have not improved the squad.

8 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Don’t think so either

Surprised nobody has attributed Sunday’s poor result to lack of personnel yet

Can an argument be made against such a statement?

Maybe.

But the tactic more often employed here is either to dismiss/ignore the point being made and/or to attack the poster. 
Playing the man, not the ball, you might say.

12 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Doesnt make him an improvement though.  He is still a very good player and signing. 

It is way too early to tell if he’s an improvement or not. 

They both scored on their second league start. Shankland gave his CB a horrible time vs Hibs in a very Simmsy way. I don’t think Simms takes the chance Shanks scored. 

Simms scored 3 in his first 12 league games for us. I think Shankland will beat that. 

Simms got 2 from 5 in the split. He got 2 from 4 in the cup. I’d except Shankland to match that. 

Simms got one assist in 21 games. Shankland will beat that. 

Ellis managed 3 key passes and no assists in his first 12 games. I would expect Shankland to beat that. (He’s on 1/0 after two games). 

I doubt Shankland will win as many headers (Ellis won 4 per game, which was excellent - Shankland currently on 1pg - although I think we are playing far less direct at the moment compared to last season). 

Early signs are Shankland is running the channels better than expected.

I also think we are often comparing Simms at the end of a 21 game run with us to Shankland two games in. Simms last 7 games for us were much better than the previous 14. It will be interesting to see where Shankland is by January. 

It is way too early to compare. We saw Simms for five months during the most rapid acceleration of development in his professional career. If he maintains that trajectory, he will be better. That’s not guaranteed though. 

55 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

The graphic misses out Simms (I know he came in Jan) and that’s where we’re weak. It showed on Sunday Boyce and Shankland gave their all both had good games but once they were done there’s nothing. 

I know there’s plenty saying calm down and the business is yet to come but finding strikers isn’t easy and I’m a little worried we end up with a Nando rather than a Simms. 

2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

That shoots down any argument that we have not improved the squad.

John Souttar is probably the only real loss from last season and even then he is missing for large chunks of the season anyway.

Good point but then this is on paper. The game is played on the pitch and these guys need to show up on match day.

When we bring subs on they need to help the team not hinder it which is what happened on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The graphic misses out Simms (I know he came in Jan) and that’s where we’re weak. It showed on Sunday Boyce and Shankland gave their all both had good games but once they were done there’s nothing. 

I know there’s plenty saying calm down and the business is yet to come but finding strikers isn’t easy and I’m a little worried we end up with a Nando rather than a Simms. 

I'd argue we should be playing Henderson until we get someone in

Just now, Sertse said:

I think some fresh pace on Sunday would've given Hibs problems. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I'm a little worried we end up with Henderson as the only other option from the bench. Still don't get why we give him a new one year deal to sit on the bench.

If we give him a deal then surely he is worth giving a go. Personally I don't think he will make it certainly with us and will rpobably end up dropping down a division.

I know it has been said about having to have four home developed players for Europe but I feel sorry for him if that is the only reason they gave him another contract.

Just now, Sertse said:

I was going to say but thought it a bit of topic I didn’t agree with the subs and thought he should’ve been on, but if the management don’t trust him or rate him to do so he’s just filling a seat and needs to go for his own sake if nothing else. Not getting on the pitch on Sunday can be doing nothing for the lads confidence. Neilson said you have to earn the right to play and I’d argue he’s done all that’s been asked of him and at least he deserved was the last 10 on Sunday. He’s got pace and that’s what we needed in the last 10 minutes.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We don't have many option in that department, pace I mean. This is what we are sadly lacking in our team. Our three quickest players are all bench warmers.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agreed.  When Boycie cramped up, we had Gino and Hendo both waiting in the wings and brought on Halliday.  I'm really not having a dig, but I think it was the wrong decision, both from an attacking and defending a lead point of view.  Stretch them - run at those two huddies.  Hit the corners if we want and chase them down.  Instead we had zero out ball.  Didn't get it.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We don't have many option in that department, pace I mean. This is what we are sadly lacking in our team. Our three quickest players are all bench warmers.

Ginnelly is rapid, just a shame he's not really lived up to the potential. If I saw him be moved this window I wouldn't be surprised.

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed.  When Boycie cramped up, we had Gino and Hendo both waiting in the wings and brought on Halliday.  I'm really not having a dig, but I think it was the wrong decision, both from an attacking and defending a lead point of view.  Stretch them - run at those two huddies.  Hit the corners if we want and chase them down.  Instead we had zero out ball.  Didn't get it.

My thoughts exactly,a bit baffled by the Haliday sub TBH.

7 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Yep got to admit for all promises tht were made about better standard off player  we needed 8 players even if we kept the squad from cup final minus souttar we were told who was leaving. Have we replaced souttar no  have we replaced simms no have we replaced woodburn or is that forrest or grant defo need out for attacking midfielder a pacy striker or winger. Wright no ta we are after better still waiting. Davenport no ta we arent interested now. 4 in 2 out now so we add 2 to a squad already struggling with injuries and season just started what is this obsession with having a certain number of players only in squad when we are short as soon as we lose a few. Any person can see u need bigger squad for europe which is what utd have done  bolatered the options from resigning levitt bringing guys like fletcher middleton mcgrath etc into same squad as last year minus goalie and the kid we picked up.When neilson started talk of rotating squad cause squad isnt big enough that too me was warning sign we arent getting targets we wanted. Every team keeps bringing in players in day by day whats the hold up with us. Are we still going to go down the we are still waiting on Ronan nonsense like Simms who cd end up at Utd Hibs Sheep. Wheres this other striker we were promised. Just for record for anyone blaming Savage he gives Neilson options names of guys available or guys to come for trial its up to neilson if he wants these guys clearly in case of wright and davenport he didnt. It looks like he will come out with usual happy with squad crap if we dont bring in anymore. Henderson should leave he will nvr play him and seems obvious who 2 out are as they arent quoted either also pollock and smith now playing in B team. Most teams in europe name 25 players do we have 25 ready to be named. Record season tickets almost double sheep yet we are dithering again over what the manager wants.Loan signings havent always worked either Woodburn didnt though looks decent for preston. Simms did in january but hes been exception to the strikers we have brought in if we are honest. Boyce was decent option for a while but seems to be going backwards now and gets injured a lot so tht wd leave us with Shankland only but he likes 1 only normally anyway. Ginnelly and GMS defo leaving and Henderson prob go bk out on loan again by august 31 leaves us light in attack again. Do savage and neilson share the same ambitions they certainly talk differently about winning games and trophies, no danger we will win any major trophy under neilson thats a fact hes had his best chance in pen shoot out v tims. Hes good bloke, ive met him a few times, steady eddy top 6 type manager but I can't see us close too winning anything for next few seasons he is too much like his mentor, however without the wins at san giro.

Paragraphs. Try them.... please.

We_are_the_Hearts
12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Sadly it’s the manager not learning from mistakes. We let them back in it instead of going for the kill

Rogue Daddy
11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I was going to say but thought it a bit of topic I didn’t agree with the subs and thought he should’ve been on, but if the management don’t trust him or rate him to do so he’s just filling a seat and needs to go for his own sake if nothing else. Not getting on the pitch on Sunday can be doing nothing for the lads confidence. Neilson said you have to earn the right to play and I’d argue he’s done all that’s been asked of him and at least he deserved was the last 10 on Sunday. He’s got pace and that’s what we needed in the last 10 minutes.

Couldn't agree more. I'd like to see him get a chance... if he fails then, as you say, for his own careers sake - time to move on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Sadly it’s the manager not learning from mistakes. We let them back in it instead of going for the kill

Aye and had we put on a striker and they likely still score, you would have used that instead. The manager is by far and a way one of the best in Scotland, sooner you accept that and realise the fantastic work he does for Hearts along with his backroom team and our recruitment team, the better off we will all be. For 90 minutes Hearts more or less breezed the match because the manager has forgotten more in the last 5 minutes than you will ever know about football, and we can trust him to get the correct players in.

Transfer thread

Sadly we still have to listen to the likes of yourself :(

13 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Sunday was the first real time I thought that Robbie does not have enough in his locker to win us one of the cups from now on.

God I hope I am wrong but his subs were god damn awful.

Wonder what the players on the park thought of being told to sit in and hold out for the last 20 when Hibs had offered very little in that 2nd half.

1 minute ago, Australis said:

Sunday was the first real time I thought that Robbie does not have enough in his locker to win us one of the cups from now on.

Wonder what the players on the park thought of being told to sit in and hold out for the last 20 when Hibs had offered very little in that 2nd half.

I would expect/hope there was a full and frank exchange of views in the post match meeting. 

Souttar and Simms, funnily enough, were both signed in the last few days of their windows. As was Boyce, while McKay and Kingsley signed after the window had closed.

In most windows, business is disproportionately concentrated at the end. That's because of a combination of players/clubs considering their options, brinkmanship overs transfer fees, and the domino effect of various deals going through at other clubs.

People talk about "getting the finger out" as if we're starting from zero. The deals that I mentioned above which happened at the end of the window were worked on for weeks beforehand.

Nothing is done until it's done, but I suspect we've laid the groundwork for a lot of potential incomings. Letting Davenport go suggests the opposite of panic to me.

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Aye and had we put on a striker and they likely still score, you would have used that instead. The manager is by far and a way one of the best in Scotland, sooner you accept that and realise the fantastic work he does for Hearts along with his backroom team and our recruitment team, the better off we will all be. For 90 minutes Hearts more or less breezed the match because the manager has forgotten more in the last 5 minutes than you will ever know about football, and we can trust him to get the correct players in.

Transfer thread

Sadly we still have to listen to the likes of yourself :(

👏🏼 

12 minutes ago, Australis said:

The players were told to sit in and hold on for 20 mins ? Did Bob pass you a note ? 

Edited by Dazo

hmfc_liam06

**** off with the Neilson chat in the transfer thread. I'm sure there's about 10 on the go you can take the shite chat to.

8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Ach to an extent, yes, but I think we came out second half and did go for the jugular.  I think when we missed all the chances there was maybe a natural thought that a sucker punch was on the way or something.

My main point isn't even about going for the kill, it's more that I honestly believe having pace up top in the last 10 mins was actually a better defensive option than anything else we could do.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***