*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Lone Striker
16 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Henderson has yet to impress for Hearts ever,he's Clearly not good enough and the manager doesn't rate him.

3 goalscorers? The two strikers were knackered. 

We need another striker or number 10.

Forrest, Boyce & SHankland.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Don't make me block you two. 

Sorry, Can't help it mate..someone sets them up, I just hit them out the park 😂

I expect movement this week, 4 in and 1 maybe 2 out before the deadline is what I was told is the aim. Patience the club is working hard 👍🏻

Hearts of Vladland
3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I expect movement this week, 4 in and 1 maybe 2 out before the deadline is what I was told is the aim. Patience the club is working hard 👍🏻

Deadline being Thursday? Anyone know what time? I’m guessing two or three loans.

Just now, Hearts of Vladland said:

Deadline being Thursday? Anyone know what time? I’m guessing two or three loans.

Sorry no 4 more this window, European deadline I believe we can sub a player in until the start of next week 

5 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Thanks for the info, here's hoping we get who we really want 🤞

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

cheers, is there still a belief that we are aiming high with our targets?

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

cheers, is there still a belief that we are aiming high with our targets?

Only interested in players they believe are better than we currently have 

BackOfTheNet
34 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Movement this week, unless it’s Lee Seung-woo, will be something completely out the blue. Which I’d love to see, but I have my doubts it has to be said.

Arthur Morgan

Is the squad really big enough with a net gain so to speak, of 2 players? 4 players in and 2 out for me means the squad won't be big enough imo. 

Churchill Barrier
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Only interested in players they believe are better than we currently have 

That would be what any team would want. So far questionable we have achieved that . 

16 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

That would be what any team would want. So far questionable we have achieved that . 

Surely teams sign young players with potential, cover for positions where an injury might be costly and project players who can be coached.

I think he means no more squad players and guys who will go straight into the starting lineup.

I hope that's what we're trying to sign.

Churchill Barrier
16 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Surely teams sign young players with potential, cover for positions where an injury might be costly and project players who can be coached.

I think he means no more squad players and guys who will go straight into the starting lineup.

I hope that's what we're trying to sign.

Thats what we need if we want to close gap on weegies.

Just now, Churchill Barrier said:

Thats what we need if we want to close gap on weegies.

Maintaining any sort of gap over the non-OF teams while playing in Europe is going to be a colossal challenge this year. We've got injuries to two of our best players and we've not signed a demonstrably higher quality of players so far. Finishing 3rd will not be easy.

Ricardo Quaresma
20 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Maintaining any sort of gap over the non-OF teams while playing in Europe is going to be a colossal challenge this year. We've got injuries to two of our best players and we've not signed a demonstrably higher quality of players so far. Finishing 3rd will not be easy.

Don’t think so either

Surprised nobody has attributed Sunday’s poor result to lack of personnel yet

Can an argument be made against such a statement?

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Doesnt make him an improvement though.  He is still a very good player and signing. 

TBH I think he might be. Simms was great for us but he was also frustrating in that the ball often didn't stick to him. He did great work pushing the CHs around and his finish was pretty good, of course. Shankland puts himself about a lot more than I expected and moves the defence around. Maybe not as well as Simms did but he's much more than a guy who pops up every now and then to poke a goal in and then disappears. His control, touch, and shot quickness are much better than Simms.

Alas he will never beat Simms' hair, which was perfect. :sadrobbo:

colinmorewasgash
7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Or we are waiting for a scrag end that is released at the end of the window. Great!

Yep got to admit for all promises tht were made about better standard off player  we needed 8 players even if we kept the squad from cup final minus souttar we were told who was leaving. Have we replaced souttar no  have we replaced simms no have we replaced woodburn or is that forrest or grant defo need out for attacking midfielder a pacy striker or winger. Wright no ta we are after better still waiting. Davenport no ta we arent interested now. 4 in 2 out now so we add 2 to a squad already struggling with injuries and season just started what is this obsession with having a certain number of players only in squad when we are short as soon as we lose a few. Any person can see u need bigger squad for europe which is what utd have done  bolatered the options from resigning levitt bringing guys like fletcher middleton mcgrath etc into same squad as last year minus goalie and the kid we picked up.When neilson started talk of rotating squad cause squad isnt big enough that too me was warning sign we arent getting targets we wanted. Every team keeps bringing in players in day by day whats the hold up with us. Are we still going to go down the we are still waiting on Ronan nonsense like Simms who cd end up at Utd Hibs Sheep. Wheres this other striker we were promised. Just for record for anyone blaming Savage he gives Neilson options names of guys available or guys to come for trial its up to neilson if he wants these guys clearly in case of wright and davenport he didnt. It looks like he will come out with usual happy with squad crap if we dont bring in anymore. Henderson should leave he will nvr play him and seems obvious who 2 out are as they arent quoted either also pollock and smith now playing in B team. Most teams in europe name 25 players do we have 25 ready to be named. Record season tickets almost double sheep yet we are dithering again over what the manager wants.Loan signings havent always worked either Woodburn didnt though looks decent for preston. Simms did in january but hes been exception to the strikers we have brought in if we are honest. Boyce was decent option for a while but seems to be going backwards now and gets injured a lot so tht wd leave us with Shankland only but he likes 1 only normally anyway. Ginnelly and GMS defo leaving and Henderson prob go bk out on loan again by august 31 leaves us light in attack again. Do savage and neilson share the same ambitions they certainly talk differently about winning games and trophies, no danger we will win any major trophy under neilson thats a fact hes had his best chance in pen shoot out v tims. Hes good bloke, ive met him a few times, steady eddy top 6 type manager but I can't see us close too winning anything for next few seasons he is too much like his mentor, however without the wins at san giro.

Arthur Morgan
25 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Yep got to admit for all promises tht were made about better standard off player  we needed 8 players even if we kept the squad from cup final minus souttar we were told who was leaving. Have we replaced souttar no  have we replaced simms no have we replaced woodburn or is that forrest or grant defo need out for attacking midfielder a pacy striker or winger. Wright no ta we are after better still waiting. Davenport no ta we arent interested now. 4 in 2 out now so we add 2 to a squad already struggling with injuries and season just started what is this obsession with having a certain number of players only in squad when we are short as soon as we lose a few. Any person can see u need bigger squad for europe which is what utd have done  bolatered the options from resigning levitt bringing guys like fletcher middleton mcgrath etc into same squad as last year minus goalie and the kid we picked up.When neilson started talk of rotating squad cause squad isnt big enough that too me was warning sign we arent getting targets we wanted. Every team keeps bringing in players in day by day whats the hold up with us. Are we still going to go down the we are still waiting on Ronan nonsense like Simms who cd end up at Utd Hibs Sheep. Wheres this other striker we were promised. Just for record for anyone blaming Savage he gives Neilson options names of guys available or guys to come for trial its up to neilson if he wants these guys clearly in case of wright and davenport he didnt. It looks like he will come out with usual happy with squad crap if we dont bring in anymore. Henderson should leave he will nvr play him and seems obvious who 2 out are as they arent quoted either also pollock and smith now playing in B team. Most teams in europe name 25 players do we have 25 ready to be named. Record season tickets almost double sheep yet we are dithering again over what the manager wants.Loan signings havent always worked either Woodburn didnt though looks decent for preston. Simms did in january but hes been exception to the strikers we have brought in if we are honest. Boyce was decent option for a while but seems to be going backwards now and gets injured a lot so tht wd leave us with Shankland only but he likes 1 only normally anyway. Ginnelly and GMS defo leaving and Henderson prob go bk out on loan again by august 31 leaves us light in attack again. Do savage and neilson share the same ambitions they certainly talk differently about winning games and trophies, no danger we will win any major trophy under neilson thats a fact hes had his best chance in pen shoot out v tims. Hes good bloke, ive met him a few times, steady eddy top 6 type manager but I can't see us close too winning anything for next few seasons he is too much like his mentor, however without the wins at san giro.

Pretty much agree with this tbh.

6 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Better be. :lol:

7 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Have you been saying something similar every week for about the last 4 ? Coming up for euro deadline I think this could be your lucky week. 😂

Leveins Battalion

The rhetoric of "quality over quantity" " better than we currently have" is not some new groundbreaking vision that Joe Savage has invented.

Every SD worth his salt will talk this game,some fans writing the Sheep's signings off because they have gone further afield but in Darren Mowbray they have a decent recruitment department now.

Hibs are chucking cash at this season,they have a massive squad that is reminiscent of Leveins last transfer window before he got his jotters,now whilst they maybe don't have as good a starting 11 as us they will be able to cope with a few injuries.

We have lost Benni and Kingsley, arguably 2 of the best players in Scottish Football,added to that Simms is gone and not been replaced and Souttars level of quality is missing also.

Our recruitment team have a massive job on their hands to kick us on and with our finance it's remains to be seen whether they can fulfill some Hearts fans expectations.

5 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Don’t think so either

Slight argument that had Kingsley, Devlin and Beni been fit to start it would have made a difference both in terms of starting 11 and the bench. Every team carries injured players in their squad though so yes squad still need to be enlarged. I think the issue is that players like GMS, Neilson, Sibbick are all ok as squad players for this season and beyond but what we really need is to bring in 3/4 players that are at a higher level than them as starters.  Then the squad would look big enough and good enough. 

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The rhetoric of "quality over quantity" " better than we currently have" is not some new groundbreaking vision that Joe Savage has invented.

Every SD worth his salt will talk this game,some fans writing the Sheep's signings off because they have gone further afield but in Darren Mowbray they have a decent recruitment department now.

Hibs are chucking cash at this season,they have a massive squad that is reminiscent of Leveins last transfer window before he got his jotters,now whilst they maybe don't have as good a starting 11 as us they will be able to cope with a few injuries.

We have lost Benni and Kingsley, arguably 2 of the best players in Scottish Football,added to that Simms is gone and not been replaced and Souttars level of quality is missing also.

Our recruitment team have a massive job on their hands to kick us on and with our finance it's remains to be seen whether they can fulfill some Hearts fans expectations.

True, it all sounds great “only sign better or equal to our best players”.

In the mix you’ll always have squad players, players who “can do a job”.  This is where management comes in. 

I like how we work on the theory but you have to make sure you have the numbers and if a few players in the squad are a mix of experienced, even young, but handy players, it’s about getting the chemistry right come the day of the match.  

Also, I’d have thought we’d have seen a couple of the younger, rated players who’ve been around the first team squad get a look in, even trusted as a sub to come on and take confidence from that?  We may have to turn to these lads at some point, who knows?

Mind you, we could be sitting here in a couple of weeks with our tails between our legs if Hearts sign a couple of quality players. 😬🙂

7 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Hope so 🙏 

We need them,  I just hope the wait is worth it 

Don’t think so either

Easily, All teams will lose last minute goals despite having plenty of personnel and quality. That’s football, lack of numbers didn’t stop us creating game winning chances at the start of the 2nd half. Hard as it was to see far too much is being made of this. 

KyleLafferty

Got to laugh when people say we haven’t replaced souttar or Simms. Would take millions of pounds to replace them 😂

Don’t think so either

There’s been a fair bit of chat about the bench lacking options. 

I think being short of forwards and midfielders 100% contributed. 

I guess the counter argument would be individual and collective errors also played a huge part. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Easily, All teams will lose last minute goals despite having plenty of personnel and quality. That’s football, lack of numbers didn’t stop us creating game winning chances at the start of the 2nd half. Hard as it was to see far too much is being made of this. 

Far too sensible a post for too many on here. Let them have their wee party at actually managing to scrape a home draw against us. I have a feeling they’ll pay for it in January. Time for us to move on.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That is true; just surprised nobody cited it as a reason for not winning, or scoring more

They seemed to blame various individuals until some suggested we should have been out of sight by 60 minutes

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Autocorrect correction

KyleLafferty

Anyone who signs now Will be totally out the blue, no names for weeks on end except Lee. Could be interesting. 

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Anyone who signs now Will be totally out the blue, no names for weeks on end except Lee. Could be interesting. 

Or not.

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Parklife!

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That is true; just surprised nobody cited it as a reason for not winning, or scoring more

They seemed to blame various individuals until some suggested we should have been out of site by 60 minutes

Not sure about out of sight but we should have won comfortably. If you listen to half the dafties on here and depending on how much you hate RN we need better to replace McKay and Shankland for not scoring, 3 of the back 3 for not defending the goal better and the manager. It’s crazy to think some of these people actually watch football every week. 😂

It was a sore one no doubt but they were lucky *****. That’s it. 

6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

If anyone is signing now with that European game in mind will be a loan or transfer fee involved so you’d think the quality will be decent. Can’t see any other scenario where the player will be match fit for that game. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

It was a sore one no doubt but they were lucky *****. That’s it. 

Well, we asked for it, they duly got it, in the last 5 seconds, a sore one indeed

Things were thrown in my house

Amazing, no wall damage

9 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

I think that our squad is at about the same level as it was a year ago. Not noticeably worse but not better, either.

Everyone is frustrated because we wanted a couple of ‘big’ signings, a statement of intent to consolidate our hold on 3rd. Although I have high hopes for Shankland, he still has it all to prove at SPL level and wasn’t a signing to get everyone excited.

Hopefully we will see a couple of signings in the next fortnight, but I’m a bit worried. Partly that although I’m sure we are targeting quality, I suspect we are going for players we are unlikely to get and getting rejected, without sufficient backup options available. Partly because our first European game is in 10 days and I don’t think the squad is ready. I also think that the players we get in late in the window are more likely to be loan deals (not necessarily, but more likely) and I would prefer permanent deals.

Not sure I agree, Doc, though possibly talking margins here.  I think a simple Shankland for Gnando upgrades our squad by quite some distance.  We have better depth at the baclk and at RB, though do I think need one more good RCB (or stick to 4 at back).

Pedentry here, but McKay hadn't signed by this point last season either.  That's not to say "so on this date last year, etc" more to show the quality available this late and later.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Slight argument that had Kingsley, Devlin and Beni been fit to start it would have made a difference both in terms of starting 11 and the bench. Every team carries injured players in their squad though so yes squad still need to be enlarged. I think the issue is that players like GMS, Neilson, Sibbick are all ok as squad players for this season and beyond but what we really need is to bring in 3/4 players that are at a higher level than them as starters.  Then the squad would look big enough and good enough. 

I'm hoping we increase our number of squad players, but not by signing players to big up the squad, but by signing players so good some of our current 'favourites' become the increase in squad players.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

How long until the window slams shut?

What's the chances we may just wait until the January window?

Friday 2nd September I believe. Bit early and dramatic to think we’re finished 🤣

5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

The window shuts at end of August.  This time last year we didn't have Barrie McKay or Simms or Devlin or Atkinson.  Because we are trying to sign better quality we need to play a waiting game as these players are doing the same with their options.  I am confident Robbie and Joe will have a list of potentials.  Confident we will see another two in this window.  

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I’m starting to think you have a slightly negative perspective. 😄

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Friday 2nd September I believe. Bit early and dramatic to think we’re finished 🤣

Never said I think we're finished, asking what people think the likelihood is that we wait if we can't get our top targets.

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m starting to think you have a slightly negative perspective. 😄

Not at all, just wondering how imminent the slamming shut is

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Never said I think we're finished, asking what people think the likelihood is that we wait if we can't get our top targets.

Nah I don’t think we’re gonna go until January this short.

FarmerTweedy
On 07/08/2022 at 18:26, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

There is a subtlety to the point.

Ate the players mentioned above the quality of player we could or did sign last season. 

The answer quite clearly is no. 

Look, I think they are decent players. But if you think we couldn’t have signed a player like Forrest last season you are having a laugh. 

For example Woodburn was, in theory, head an shoulders above Forrest. But we haven’t signed a player of that sort of level this summer.

So i am not slagging our signings this summer I am just saying they are not a level up from who we signed last summer. I don’t know how that can be denied to be honest.

The question is, why are you banging on about it? We haven’t suddenly come into vast amounts of money, it's not the Champions League we've qualified for, so there's not really any reason to be expecting signings a level up from who we signed last summer. We have spent money, tieing up some key players to new contracts, and bringing some new players in who have improved squad depth overall, and we're not finished yet. You seem to have had rather unrealistic expectations for this window, which is entirely your own fault! 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***