*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Apologies if mentioned as not read through the last few pages but we need 2 strikers in.

Shankland, Boyce ran themselves into the ground as expected and none of Henderson, Ginnelly, Mackay-Steven trusted to come on and run channels to see out game or get 2nd goal, needs addressing.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Don't really understand why we gave him another deal (only one year) as it seems obvious he is not going to feature much if at all.

Last29 minutes yesterday would have been perfect time for some minutes on pitch. Shankland & Boyce we’re done and we were crying out for someone with pace to stretch Hibs. No point in him or Ginnelly sitting on bench if not trusted to do a job. 

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Apologies if mentioned as not read through the last few pages but we need 2 strikers in.

Shankland, Boyce ran themselves into the ground as expected and none of Henderson, Ginnelly, Mackay-Steven trusted to come on and run channels to see out game or get 2nd goal, needs addressing.

We found ourselves in the same problem as the cup final where we did throw some on and got no return.

At the moment the squad is far too weak outside our best starting XI.

Just now, stevie1874 said:

Last29 minutes yesterday would have been perfect time for some minutes on pitch. Shankland & Boyce we’re done and we were crying out for someone with pace to stretch Hibs. No point in him or Ginnelly sitting on bench if not trusted to do a job. 

Should be 20 mins 

Just now, frankblack said:

We found ourselves in the same problem as the cup final where we did throw some on and got no return.

Big difference throwing guys in against Bassey, Tavernier, Goodson etc. We were playing against Rocky & Porteous 

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I know. We can say it was a quote. :lol:

:lol: just a bit. 

Confirmed, not only Hearts picking up a point this week

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yep.

KyleLafferty
3 minutes ago, Imaman said:

What’s the blockage in signings? Finance? 

I’d imagine it’s players making their mind up.

Leveins Battalion

The whole players waiting to decide whether they want to come to us is contrary to the mantra Savage has been preaching.

Who knows why it is taking so long to get players in,but we have a Sporting Director,a manager,a Head of Recruitment and a recruitment analyst.

Now I am sure between them all they must know off hundreds if players if not thousands however the longer we go the more frustrating it gets.Especially after seeing yesterdays game and having nothing on the bench to bring on in an attacking sense.

I know it is frustrating, but I would rather we passed up on guys the management team don't think will take us forward to the next step like Davenport and the likes as opposed to just bringing them in - I see this as a real positive. 

We must be pretty confident of others joining the club before the deadline window shuts given we all know the aims this season and the demands on the whole squad. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The whole players waiting to decide whether they want to come to us is contrary to the mantra Savage has been preaching.

Who knows why it is taking so long to get players in,but we have a Sporting Director,a manager,a Head of Recruitment and a recruitment analyst.

Now I am sure between them all they must know off hundreds if players if not thousands however the longer we go the more frustrating it gets.Especially after seeing yesterdays game and having nothing on the bench to bring on in an attacking sense.

We generally sign players on 2 or three year contracts or on 6/12 month loans, not just for 2 fixtures. The strategy didn’t work out too badly last season. 

6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I love seeing youngsters being bred into a team but unfortunately in Henderson’s case I think he is short of the standard required. Once the rumoured striker comes in I reckon he’ll be off, although we do need him for homegrown contingent. 

What amazes me is why did we renew his contract when it’s pretty clear robbie will never give him a chance to prove if he’s good enough. 

Berra than you

I assume (hope) that if we are signing another sitting/holding type midfielder it frees Grant up to compete with McKay, Forrest and Boyce for the attackers in behind Shankland.

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I assume (hope) that if we are signing another sitting/holding type midfielder it frees Grant up to compete with McKay, Forrest and Boyce for the attackers in behind Shankland.

Was thinking thats why we gave Halliday a new contract. 

RustyRightPeg

Frustrating that the last 3 names to make the press appear to all be No goers in Anderson, the Korean and Davenport. 

7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

A bit of fun….what country do you think our next signing will come from??

Ask your contact, he should know.

14 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Frustrating that the last 3 names to make the press appear to all be No goers in Anderson, the Korean and Davenport. 

Is there an update on Lee?

16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Forgot slow Joe wright 

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Well last I read was his agent said he was happy there just now and would be happy to stay until the end of the season

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Came off the bench to set one up Saturday. 4-2 win.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Well last I read was his agent said he was happy there just now and would be happy to stay until the end of the season

Seoul destroying :( 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sorry, but this is nonsense. Savage has always been clear that we will only sign players who fit into our system. And for the most part, that has been successful.  So I think he and his staff deserve some patience.

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Id imagine he’ll be gone as soon as we bring someone else in, as soon as Halliday got the nod to go on Gino headed straight to the dressing room, not the kind of attitude you see from players staying at the club

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Sorry, but this is nonsense. Savage has always been clear that we will only sign players who fit into our system. And for the most part, that has been successful.  So I think he and his staff deserve some patience.

Whats the system and where does Grant fit?

7 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Patience is a foreign concept to some on here

lost in space
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Careful Frank, you are in danger of joining us pant wetters with that last comment.

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The comments I have read from his agent were the standard keeping your current team happy not committal ones, i.e. talk about how happy you are with the club but not saying you won't leave. 

The fact he says his client is happy here for now and the agent talks about lots of interest sounds like an agent looking for the right move

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’d imagine it’s players making their mind up.

Yes, and then we can finally open the Bucks Fizz 

KyleLafferty

I’d be worried bringing GMS or Gino on at Easter road when the game is on a knives edge. GMS is too soft sometimes and Gino is infuriating. We need a couple of attackers and I think we’ll get them.

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

It's really not,Savages words were if player x wants too much money or is hanging about that player x will be told to jog on,his words were "I shouldn't have to sell Hearts to anybody,why would you not want to play here"

So that makes me think we are not hanging about waiting for anybody.

1 hour ago, Star24 said:

I know it is frustrating, but I would rather we passed up on guys the management team don't think will take us forward to the next step like Davenport and the likes as opposed to just bringing them in - I see this as a real positive. 

We must be pretty confident of others joining the club before the deadline window shuts given we all know the aims this season and the demands on the whole squad. 

I agree, I think joe and robbie will still have a couple of rabbits to come out the hat in terms of signings in the next week or so of the transfer window and we will all end up very pleased imo.

KyleLafferty
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

It's really not,Savages words were if player x wants too much money or is hanging about that player x will be told to jog on,his words were "I shouldn't have to sell Hearts to anybody,why would you not want to play here"

He also said he didn’t speak to Forrest till his contract was over but that was nonsense as well.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

We literally waited 18 months for shankland.

I trust that the position that need filled will be filled come 1st Sep. 

We are a kick in the backside off a really good squad. Most teams outside the OF would give an arm and a leg for some of our starting 11.

Edited by jambogaza

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’d be worried bringing GMS or Gino on at Easter road when the game is on a knives edge. GMS is too soft sometimes and Gino is infuriating. We need a couple of attackers and I think we’ll get them.

They could have ran the corners and drew fouls. Instead we just gifted the balls back to them about 6 times in the last 5 mins needless launching it. 

As it pushes towards the end of the window players will start commiting to clubs.

It's inevitable that the quality of player we are now after will have options 

It's just a case of being patient and I've no doubt Savage and the rest of the team will be working round the clock on getting deals over the line 

Forrest, Shankland, Grant and Knowles are all evidence of the quality Savage has been able to attract , I have zero worries he will deliver another couple , its just a case of being patient  till the right players are ready to commit.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They could have ran the corners and drew fouls. Instead we just gifted the balls back to them about 6 times in the last 5 mins needless launching it. 

Ive always liked Gino through the middle. He’s a threat. 

Somethings evidently not right. 

He keeps sharing instagram photos of his mates getting moves, wonder if he’s hoping for the same. 

Stendelnator

One of Henderson, Ginnelly or GMS should have been on for Shankland in stoppage time. He was exhausted and it meant Hibs could just keep coming. It was poor management 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Ive always liked Gino through the middle. He’s a threat. 

Somethings evidently not right. 

He keeps sharing instagram photos of his mates getting moves, wonder if he’s hoping for the same. 

Certainly looks the cold treatment to get him to move on.  Both him and GMS.

19 hours ago, gar jambo said:

Listen Dundee its looked like world beaters on Thursday then boom crashing back down to earth today! We will see how the vermin will do against livi next week ehhh. 

Dunno why I’ve been dragged into your reply about “Dundee” 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

One of Henderson, Ginnelly or GMS should have been on for Shankland in stoppage time. He was exhausted and it meant Hibs could just keep coming. It was poor management 

CG was (imo correctly) floating kicks out to the side towards the end and nobody was making any run at all to win the ball.  Granted they are shit and didnt look a threat but it was poor game management.  

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***