*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How about a year ago when Ginnelly came on against the dominant future champions at Celtic away in the LC and turned the game, on a big pitch using his pace to stretch the game? Or the goals he scored against St Johnstone and Dundee Utd (and an assist coming off the bench). GMS also did well in some games off the bench, Celtic away I think in the league when they scored an offside winner. Don’t let the facts get in the way now. 
Why didn’t he put Henderson on then if he doesn’t rate Gino or GMS?

I like Ginnelly. Has his place but obviously the management see his place differently to what he does.  

While others tailed last season, he came on fresh, scored goals and looked dangerous.  Was very good up at Tannadice. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think your lack of respect for a person who has just lost a loved one, reflects particularly badly on yourself, don't usually bother getting involved in this sort of stuff, but find it disappointing anyone would continue down that line.

Everyone reacts to death differently

We all lose loved ones, some take it differently, we all have to get on with it unfortunately. His old boss thought it would be a good idea to reveal this as an excuse for his move, I would say that’s disrespectful to the actual person dying. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I like Ginnelly. Has his place but obviously the management see his place differently to what he does.  

While others tailed last season, he came on fresh, scored goals and looked dangerous.  Was very good up at Tannadice. 

I don’t think we use his pace well, balls into the channel for him especially when we are pinned back. As you say the management don’t see it that way so get on with replacing him. 

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Step brother, a month ago, have you ever lost a loved one and went back to work days later? It seems they took him off after 67 minutes because he was injured, not because he was rag dolled by a guy on loan at Arbroath last year. Defensively poor, slow to turn and a ball watcher, didn’t play 20 games on a trot once in 6 years for us, but played a few nice passes now and then. ****ed us over and now a Hun, excuse me if I’m not that impressed. 

No I’ve not actually lost anyone in my family yet. And long may that continue. 

I think your comments are completely disrespectful if I’m completely honest. 

Some things are bigger than football, and if you live your life in such a way that you can’t differentiate between supporting a football club and being a genuine human being then I think you should probably seek help. Weird, creepy behaviour. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think we use his pace well, balls into the channel for him especially when we are pinned back. As you say the management don’t see it that way so get on with replacing him. 

You always need runners, you need variety.  There’ll be days the likes of Mackay and Forrest will get bogged down and you just need to change the dynamic.  

That dynamic gives the opposition something fresh to worry about too. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We all lose loved ones, some take it differently, we all have to get on with it unfortunately. His old boss thought it would be a good idea to reveal this as an excuse for his move, I would say that’s disrespectful to the actual person dying. 

Please dont deflect and make matters worse.

Watt-Zeefuik
20 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We all know that if GMS had come on and not chased every blade of grass (which he has never done) or had Ginnelly not skinned somebody and scored (which he has rarely done, especially as a sub) that Neilson would have been slated for subbing on lightweights in a derby when Hibs equalised (as they would have still made the plays they did that allowed them to equalise).

Its utter pony bullshit being spouted. Particularly when set against the really attacking starting line up that Neilson started with, which every fan was pining for.

The truth is that we played all our best attackers from the start, which meant that we didnt have very good attackers left to sub on towards the end of the game...

Mind-numbing.

I've just cut and pasted this from JKB in an alternate reality where Ginnelly was put on.

"Why does Neilson go for Ginnelly who looks disinterested and wants out over Halliday a proven derby hero who knows how to get stuck in?  I see all these Robbie apologists saying that he wanted a bit of attacking threat to put pressure on, but it's a derby FFS you only have to protect a lead for 6 minutes. The tinkerer strikes again, and it cost us three points. I guarantee you that if Halliday gets on he gets onto the end of one of Gordon's punts and either takes it into the corner or more likely thunder****s it past Marshall and the Hibs are greetin into their pints.

The tinkerer has yet again cost us two points. Neilson out."

54 minutes ago, deejtee said:

What's the Aussie equivalent of "rabbit in a headlight"?

A kangaroo? In a headlight of course 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SMJ_1874

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

I've just cut and pasted this from JKB in an alternate reality where Ginnelly was put on.

"Why does Neilson go for Ginnelly who looks disinterested and wants out over Halliday a proven derby hero who knows how to get stuck in?  I see all these Robbie apologists saying that he wanted a bit of attacking threat to put pressure on, but it's a derby FFS you only have to protect a lead for 6 minutes. The tinkerer strikes again, and it cost us three points. I guarantee you that if Halliday gets on he gets onto the end of one of Gordon's punts and either takes it into the corner or more likely thunder****s it past Marshall and the Hibs are greetin into their pints.

The tinkerer has yet again cost us two points. Neilson out."

Absolutely true.

Gino has pace but his decision making and quality at times is piss poor. If he had Mackay's quality with that pace it would be a different story. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don't think Ginnelly uses his pace effectively. There have been games where he's been very effective. Home and away to United and St Johnstone last season spring to mind. Others where he's been anonymous. 

Management see him up close and seem to have decided he's not what is required. If Ginnelly, GMS and Hendo are to go we'll need another 5 or 6 to get to the numbers required.

Depth every bit as much a requirement as quality between now and WC. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No I’ve not actually lost anyone in my family yet. And long may that continue. 

I think your comments are completely disrespectful if I’m completely honest. 

Some things are bigger than football, and if you live your life in such a way that you can’t differentiate between supporting a football club and being a genuine human being then I think you should probably seek help. Weird, creepy behaviour. 

Well you’re lucky then and when you do you might understand a bit more about life in general. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You always need runners, you need variety.  There’ll be days the likes of Mackay and Forrest will get bogged down and you just need to change the dynamic.  

That dynamic gives the opposition something fresh to worry about too. 

Definitely, Sunday was one of those days.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Well you’re lucky then and when you do you might understand a bit more about life in general. 

And how’s that? 

Bit contradictory don’t you think? Everyone lives different life’s and deals with things differently. Having an open mind might do you a favour. 

Ignore list.  

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gino has pace but his decision making and quality at times is piss poor. If he had Mackay's quality with that pace it would be a different story. 

I know what you're saying here, but Gino's scoring rate is clearly better than McKay's.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Carter said:

I don't think Ginnelly uses his pace effectively. There have been games where he's been very effective. Home and away to United and St Johnstone last season spring to mind. Others where he's been anonymous. 

Management see him up close and seem to have decided he's not what is required. If Ginnelly, GMS and Hendo are to go we'll need another 5 or 6 to get to the numbers required.

Depth every bit as much a requirement as quality between now and WC. 

He’s obviously not the finished article and clearly needs work, like all our players. He would’ve made a bigger difference than the subs put on to replace the forwards we took off. 
We are only after another three so I doubt if any of that three are likely to go. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

And how’s that? 

Bit contradictory don’t you think? Everyone lives different life’s and deals with things differently. Having an open mind might do you a favour. 

Ignore list.  

You have no idea how losing a loved one makes you feel, for your sake I hope it’s a long time before it happens.  
My mind is open as I have the experience you don’t. Bye now.

46 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Whoa whoa whoa. Lets not all get misty-eyed about shite here.

When was the last time that Ginnelly or GMS being subbed on helped us close out a game FFS.

The answer is never.

Jesus.

Misty eyed? 

The fact is either of those two, or Henderson, sitting on the halfway line would have offered a danger in behind with pace. Which wouldn't have let Hibs step up that much further. It's pretty simple stuff.

4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I know what you're saying here, but Gino's scoring rate is clearly better than McKay's.

McKay's a creator. Gino is alright, he's rapid and does alright through the middle but he's clearly not going to get much game time this season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Misty eyed? 

The fact is either of those two, or Henderson, sitting on the halfway line would have offered a danger in behind with pace. Which wouldn't have let Hibs step up that much further. It's pretty simple stuff.

Its easy to say that in any case this is a transfer thread

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

McKay's a creator. Gino is alright, he's rapid and does alright through the middle but he's clearly not going to get much game time this season. 

Shouldn't be letting either Gino or GMS go imo

What if two of Boyce, Forrest or McKay get injured? Gino can play through the middle and on the wing, he's the only cover we've (alongside GMS) got if we lose two upfront to injuries or suspensions.

Just now, Halliphax said:

What if two of Boyce, Forrest or McKay get injured? Gino can play through the middle and on the wing, he's the only cover we've (alongside GMS) got if we lose two upfront to injuries or suspensions.

I'd imagine we'll be signing player(s) in their position otherwise I'd agree. 

26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Having an open mind might do you a favour. 

Ignore list.  

:rofl: 

9 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

I think Grant will play in a front 3 at times this season. Remains to be seen if Connor Smith can get / take a chance to play in the forward area also.

GMS has been a disappointment at Hearts. Given the talent he has and the clubs he's been at he really should've added far more. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think Grant will play in a front 3 at times this season. Remains to be seen if Connor Smith can get / take a chance to play in the forward area also.

GMS has been a disappointment at Hearts. Given the talent he has and the clubs he's been at he really should've added far more. 

I think Grant and McKay feeding Shankland will create lots of chances when all three get used to each other’s games. 
GMS has been a disappointment but has created a few goals, scored a few and gets penalties that dried up when he wasn’t in the team.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Anyone with pace is always worth holding on to. 

It’s one thing our squad isn’t exactly blessed with. 

6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

We don't have many option in that department, pace I mean. This is what we are sadly lacking in our team. Our three quickest players are all bench warmers.

Agree but surely the reason they’re on the bench is to bring on when needed. 

6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed.  When Boycie cramped up, we had Gino and Hendo both waiting in the wings and brought on Halliday.  I'm really not having a dig, but I think it was the wrong decision, both from an attacking and defending a lead point of view.  Stretch them - run at those two huddies.  Hit the corners if we want and chase them down.  Instead we had zero out ball.  Didn't get it.

I’ve completely came round to RN, he’s got a bit of pride back in the side. That said, he’ll try to see games out when the opponents are there for the taking. If it was 1-0 to the vermin when the subs were made then Gino or Hendo would have been on. Hibs are pish and he gave them way too much respect.

buzzbomb1958
29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Grant and McKay feeding Shankland will create lots of chances when all three get used to each other’s games. 
GMS has been a disappointment but has created a few goals, scored a few and gets penalties that dried up when he wasn’t in the team.

I think looking at the extra games with Europe and cup games we need to get more players in tuit sweet if we get any injuries we will struggle

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Yeah, potayto potahto. With a stout RCB Atkinson is perfectly fine. And to me Sibbick has been perfectly fine at MCB when he's covered for Halkett. Similarly, I ****ing love Halkett but I think he loses a lot of his stoutness when he moves to the side of the back three.

If we found a rock solid season long loanee at RCB, we'd be set.

I wouldn’t be moving Halkett. He’s either centre of a 3 or right of a 2. Kingsley LCB or left back but that’s harsh on Cochrane. I’m not sure about Atkinson even with a different RCB, I think we’ll see a lot of teams target him this year. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

How about a year ago when Ginnelly came on against the dominant future champions at Celtic away in the LC and turned the game, on a big pitch using his pace to stretch the game? Or the goals he scored against St Johnstone and Dundee Utd (and an assist coming off the bench). GMS also did well in some games off the bench, Celtic away I think in the league when they scored an offside winner. Don’t let the facts get in the way now. 
Why didn’t he put Henderson on then if he doesn’t rate Gino or GMS?

That's pathetic

You want Ginelly and GMS to be our impact subs this season do you?

(admin delete)

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I wouldn’t be moving Halkett. He’s either centre of a 3 or right of a 2. Kingsley LCB or left back but that’s harsh on Cochrane. I’m not sure about Atkinson even with a different RCB, I think we’ll see a lot of teams target him this year. 

Likewise. He showed his weakness on Sunday if he was to be played at a side, pace on the turn. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

He has done alright through the middle 3 or 4 times in 2 years mate. Jesus - we need better than him, dont you agree?

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

That's pathetic

Don't be a moron

We needed fresh legs in attack on Sunday. Those three shouldn’t have been on the bench if they weren’t going to be  used. RN got it wrong. 

Watt-Zeefuik
12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Nor would I. I thought Atkinson did extremely well last season pairing with Souttar.

I'd prefer to see him and Smith together.

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We needed fresh legs in attack on Sunday. Those three shouldn’t have been on the bench if they weren’t going to be  used. RN got it wrong. 

Why did we need fresh legs in attack? We were losing?

19 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

He has done alright through the middle 3 or 4 times in 2 years mate. Jesus - we need better than him, dont you agree?

If you had read the previous posts you'll know that I do. 👍

26 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I'd imagine when Kingsley is fit, we will play 3-4-3. Cochrane and Kingsley are first picks 100%. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Totally agree re Ginnelly, we also have in MacKay the perfect player who can deliver balls in behind defences for him to run onto. 

I still think Ryan McGowan was a signing that made a lot of sense. Experienced well travelled CB, no world beater, but someone who Lewis Neilson could compete with. Instead we're in a bit of a pickle about needing a RCB as Sibbick seems to be a bit too inexperienced for what we need and the level we aspire to compete at and I'm not really seeing any other viable options on a free. We're stuck with a bit of an awkward defence as Cochrane is doing really well at LWB, Kingsley has excelled at LCB but Rowles has done really well so far too. Halkett is the centre of a back 3, which means we're pretty weak down that right side. Smith can probably step in which might be a good short term solution but we need a RCB sorted soon. 

Really hope Savage has someone in the works with a bit of a wow factor about them.  

3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

With nearly 30 games before November, coming in the winter not much use for this season, depends how good they really believe he is, and if its worth the wait, or what other options available now.

Ange of course did tell everyone last year, the Asian market was a January window thing, and he would know that well

TBF. Simms came in January and the board reads like he single-handedly turned our season round. 

We would still need another body in, but knowing we had him tipping up in January would allow us to be bold with minutes for Boyce and Shankland. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Totally agree re Ginnelly, we also have in MacKay the perfect player who can deliver balls in behind defences for him to run onto. 

We had that all last season without much success though?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I think looking at the extra games with Europe and cup games we need to get more players in tuit sweet if we get any injuries we will struggle

Definitely but we’re only looking at 3 more apparently. 

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Maybe.

But the tactic more often employed here is either to dismiss/ignore the point being made and/or to attack the poster. 
Playing the man, not the ball, you might say.

The main thing that annoyed me was that the 100% was gone already, 2 games in; not even so relevant who we were playing & where

7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed.  When Boycie cramped up, we had Gino and Hendo both waiting in the wings and brought on Halliday.  I'm really not having a dig, but I think it was the wrong decision, both from an attacking and defending a lead point of view.  Stretch them - run at those two huddies.  Hit the corners if we want and chase them down.  Instead we had zero out ball.  Didn't get it.

Was wanting Henderson on too, maybe someone else too; did we actually use 5 subs?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

That's pathetic

(admin edit)

I didn’t say that ffs, I said they have proven they can do it abs you and that slaver I answered were wrong. They could’ve made a difference on Sunday, the subs once again weakened us.

As for the name calling I got a ban for that, be careful. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***