*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

At a time when they should be flying?

Preseason started at the end of June, I'd expect all the players to be ready by now.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

john thomas
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

For those who’s link isn’t working 

2E1591D4-DE89-4E24-AFD8-EBD35A2B9B3A.png

324CE0D7-4FC0-4E51-8501-E9DFA8AA3B5D.png

1FFDE2A5-8663-4217-B4B1-C247D583D0C2.png

Might be wrong but that seems to be based on information from EEN ?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Mirror said:

Preseason started at the end of June, I'd expect all the players to be ready by now.

Exactly, so why were some struggling for fitness near the end? If you’re going to sit back and play on the break you need a bit of pace up front. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

For those who’s link isn’t working 

2E1591D4-DE89-4E24-AFD8-EBD35A2B9B3A.png

324CE0D7-4FC0-4E51-8501-E9DFA8AA3B5D.png

1FFDE2A5-8663-4217-B4B1-C247D583D0C2.png

The league there finishes on October 30th, he will need a break so about Xmas time before we see him. 

Strange that Zander Clark is still without a club, he'd make an excellent backup to Gordon if he wasn't after too much money.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, andrew said:

Strange that Zander Clark is still without a club, he'd make an excellent backup to Gordon if he wasn't after too much money.

Agree, thought he would have found a club by now. Imagine he will still find one, probably too good to be an understudy, but would be more than happy to have him

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, andrew said:

Probably why he’s not got a club, makes a lot of mistakes. 

gorgieheart
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The league there finishes on October 30th, he will need a break so about Xmas time before we see him. 

refreshing.....some actual transfer speculation....

beats trying to pick the bones out of the goings on at Easter Road......  :jj_facepalm:

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unless he does what the Celtic lads did and come straight in. Although if you look at Hatate towards the end of the season he looked like he had cement legs 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, so why were some struggling for fitness near the end? If you’re going to sit back and play on the break you need a bit of pace up front. 

I can't answer why some of them were struggling and I completely agree with you about pace up front, we made 4 subs and all were negative. I was expecting Gino or GMS to come on to do a bit of chasing and provide some support for Shankland near the end but it didn't happen. This is why we need more players in order to get us through the busy schedule that we have coming up. 

If we don't bring in more players then we need to prioritise a completion, probably the league and aim for another 3rd place finish. 

Stendelnator
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Our league also stops though. 

He might also be playing at the World Cup?

Pasquale for King

Unless he does what the Celtic lads did and come straight in. Although if you look at Hatate towards the end of the season he looked like he had cement legs 

I suppose he would get a break after the November games, he’s not in the International team at the minute.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Mirror said:

I can't answer why some of them were struggling and I completely agree with you about pace up front, we made 4 subs and all were negative. I was expecting Gino or GMS to come on to do a bit of chasing and provide some support for Shankland near the end but it didn't happen. This is why we need more players in order to get us through the busy schedule that we have coming up. 

If we don't bring in more players then we need to prioritise a completion, probably the league and aim for another 3rd place finish. 

I think he needs to trust the players he has to make a difference, if he can’t make the right changes, he hasn’t in the two games so far, how is he going to manage the squad until the break for the WC? Or keep their fitness at the required level. I’m not sure if three more players make that much of a difference. 

gorgieheart
Just now, Jean Louis Valois said:

Jack Hendry been told he can move on, I'd take him at Hearts .

linked with burnley recently, can see him ending up in english championship

JamboCampbell
1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Agreed but unfortunately zero chance due to wages

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Definitely but wages and a fee might be an issue, a loan to start with could work. 

1 hour ago, Chillidigits said:

The big Livvy striker looked handy against Utd at weekend. Big but quite nimble footed.

59 minutes ago, savage said:

Nouble is like uche with a bit of finesse.  Certainly need someone like him

56 minutes ago, Carter said:

Joel Nouble. Had a spell with Campbell at Arbroath last season. Done well by all accounts. 

Spent most of his career at a very low level in England. Martindale does seem to be able to source players from quite obscure places. Someone who plays under Martindale is always going to have hardworking attributes and a decent attitude.

49 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Tin Hat on but I like him,the type of guy that would have cult hero status.😂

Was impressed with him from watching the Livi-Rangers game in the 1874 before the Ross County game.  Looked a bit of a handful but had a decent touch, too.

Edited by Haken

3 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Going to Brugge this weekend, I'll ask him :)

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Our league also stops though. 

He might also be playing at the World Cup?

Indeed, not been in a squad for three years.  SK qualified for their tenth WC on the trot, definitely a market we should be looking at. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

refreshing.....some actual transfer speculation....

beats trying to pick the bones out of the goings on at Easter Road......  :jj_facepalm:

Unfortunately it’s relevant to what we still need in the transfer market.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Might be worth taking a loan for 12 months (decent standard) and Lee in January, let him come in quietly and acclimatise for next season. If our benefactors could see their way to an extra mouth to feed.

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

But we were third with 4 points taken off the OF with just Gnando and Boyce before Simms came in, and now we have Shanks. That’s a huge upgrade.

I repeat that our biggest problem is RCB. That’s the glaring hole we haven’t filled.

Its a fair point my only thought is the league looks stronger this season, but that’s on limited evidence admittedly. 

I would say Right wing/back is a bigger hole. Halkett Rowles Kingsley will be able to work out a back 3. But as we’ve seen Sibbick and Atkinson cannot fill in together. One I think we get away with but not both on the right. For me the jury is still out on Atkinson, he’s decent but there’s so much he needs coached on.

The only relevance of the Hibs game to this thread is that it showed why our manager and sporting director want the players they have been talking about for some time. If we fail to get them our squad is not as strong as we need. If we get them and don't improve there will doubtless be multiple threads to blame our coaches..Also time to move on from Simms and maybe Souttar, despite some calling him irreplaceable, will flop at Rangers and we can get him back?

57 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Opens alright for me lads. Not missing much but the reporter says Lee wants to join in January.

Cheers, bud.

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Its a fair point my only thought is the league looks stronger this season, but that’s on limited evidence admittedly. 

I would say Right wing/back is a bigger hole. Halkett Rowles Kingsley will be able to work out a back 3. But as we’ve seen Sibbick and Atkinson cannot fill in together. One I think we get away with but not both on the right. For me the jury is still out on Atkinson, he’s decent but there’s so much he needs coached on.

What's the Aussie equivalent of "rabbit in a headlight"?

7 minutes ago, deejtee said:

The only relevance of the Hibs game to this thread is that it showed why our manager and sporting director want the players they have been talking about for some time. If we fail to get them our squad is not as strong as we need. If we get them and don't improve there will doubtless be multiple threads to blame our coaches..Also time to move on from Simms and maybe Souttar, despite some calling him irreplaceable, will flop at Rangers and we can get him back?

Regarding Souttar I think we’ve found a gem in Rowles I’ve no worries about Souttar going let’s be honest he probably be on the treatment table with us as well.

5 minutes ago, deejtee said:

What's the Aussie equivalent of "rabbit in a headlight"?

whatever it is that’s exactly what he’s looked like so far this season.

Been away all day and log in to see some want JET 😆 This place can be bonkers. We've said repeatedly we want quality and that boy is certainly not quality!

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Regarding Souttar I think we’ve found a gem in Rowles I’ve no worries about Souttar going let’s be honest he probably be on the treatment table with us as well.

whatever it is that’s exactly what he’s looked like so far this season.

I like Rowles from what I have seen, he maybe needs to work on his distribution as he looks very strong and confident stepping out with it, just needs to work on finding a team mate. We were spoiled a bit with Souttar as he had it in his locker to ping great diagonal balls that hit their mark most of the time. He's still young and if he was the finished article wouldn't be here. Hopefully we see some movement this week to freshen this thread up if nothing else.  

Watt-Zeefuik
13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Yeah, potayto potahto. With a stout RCB Atkinson is perfectly fine. And to me Sibbick has been perfectly fine at MCB when he's covered for Halkett. Similarly, I ****ing love Halkett but I think he loses a lot of his stoutness when he moves to the side of the back three.

If we found a rock solid season long loanee at RCB, we'd be set.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Been away all day and log in to see some want JET 😆 This place can be bonkers. We've said repeatedly we want quality and that boy is certainly not quality!

Who said they wanted him? 

A few posters were talking about Nouble from Livi. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, deejtee said:

I wouldn’t take him back, we need players that can play every week, not some crock who’s one injury away from retirement. 

BackOfTheNet

I’m unsure about the contract situation at Suwon, if he’s out of contract after their season ends in October, does that mean we can get him on a pre-contract and he can join us in November/December? Or does it go until the end of the year? Or do they have clauses which mean an extension can happen so the only way to ensure he signs before contract expiry is paying a fee? And if this is the case, then could we offer to pay a small fee now and loan back until end of season in October - or is that not possible as they’re outside their window?

I see why it gets confusing…

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

They wouldn't have been required to hold it up. Their pace alone would've provided a threat in behind and they could've chased loose balls. With zero pace and a knackered Shankland it allowed Hibs to know there was no threat in behind and allowed them to move 10 yards further up the park in the last 5 plus injury time, safe in the knowledge Andy Halliday wasn't going to cause them issues.

Whoa whoa whoa. Lets not all get misty-eyed about shite here.

When was the last time that Ginnelly or GMS being subbed on helped us close out a game FFS.

The answer is never.

Jesus.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I like Rowles from what I have seen, he maybe needs to work on his distribution as he looks very strong and confident stepping out with it, just needs to work on finding a team mate. We were spoiled a bit with Souttar as he had it in his locker to ping great diagonal balls that hit their mark most of the time. He's still young and if he was the finished article wouldn't be here. Hopefully we see some movement this week to freshen this thread up if nothing else.  

Hahahahaha most of the time hahahahaha, they barely stayed in the confines of the pitch ffs. What an over rated crock, already found out at Rangers and injured. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha most of the time hahahahaha, they barely stayed in the confines of the pitch ffs. What an over rated crock, already found out at Rangers and injured. 

His relative has just died

Naisys Tackle
57 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Difference being the wc is on November. 

49 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Believe we have another target for that position.  Long negotiation process though. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can see you took the news well. 

His younger brother also just died, hence his absence.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Difference being the wc is on November. 

true. 

I’m not sure on the Korean league logistics or if they’re even stopping for it (I’d presume they are if the nation are playing in it) 

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

When was the last time that Ginnelly or GMS being subbed on helped us close out a game FFS.

The answer is never.

Jesus.

Exactly.   The fact is we are trying to offload both of them so no chance they would be involved in a derby.  Only filling the bench because of squad shortage and only to be used as a last resort.  Henderson would have been on before either of them. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

The answer is never.

Jesus.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story I was once told. Hindsight also a wonderful thing, had either come on, it would have been put on Halliday, however we started the game with a very strong attacking 4, which of course is ignored, the relevance to the thread should be how do we add to those 4 without weakening off the bench.

I dont think either are bad players in all honesty, but they are certainly down the pecking order

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m unsure about the contract situation at Suwon, if he’s out of contract after their season ends in October, does that mean we can get him on a pre-contract and he can join us in November/December? Or does it go until the end of the year? Or do they have clauses which mean an extension can happen so the only way to ensure he signs before contract expiry is paying a fee? And if this is the case, then could we offer to pay a small fee now and loan back until end of season in October - or is that not possible as they’re outside their window?

I see why it gets confusing…

From the EEN the club knocked our bid back as it’s the middle of their season. We’ve not offered the player a pre contract offer to come in January. 

Older brother I think 

Pasquale for King

Step brother, a month ago, have you ever lost a loved one and went back to work days later? It seems they took him off after 67 minutes because he was injured, not because he was rag dolled by a guy on loan at Arbroath last year. Defensively poor, slow to turn and a ball watcher, didn’t play 20 games on a trot once in 6 years for us, but played a few nice passes now and then. ****ed us over and now a Hun, excuse me if I’m not that impressed. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story I was once told. Hindsight also a wonderful thing, had either come on, it would have been put on Halliday, however we started the game with a very strong attacking 4, which of course is ignored, the relevance to the thread should be how do we add to those 4 without weakening off the bench.

I dont think either are bad players in all honesty, but they are certainly down the pecking order

We all know that if GMS had come on and not chased every blade of grass (which he has never done) or had Ginnelly not skinned somebody and scored (which he has rarely done, especially as a sub) that Neilson would have been slated for subbing on lightweights in a derby when Hibs equalised (as they would have still made the plays they did that allowed them to equalise).

Its utter pony bullshit being spouted. Particularly when set against the really attacking starting line up that Neilson started with, which every fan was pining for.

The truth is that we played all our best attackers from the start, which meant that we didnt have very good attackers left to sub on towards the end of the game...

Mind-numbing.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

true. 

I’m not sure on the Korean league logistics or if they’re even stopping for it (I’d presume they are if the nation are playing in it) 

I said earlier on their season finishes on October 30th.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Step brother, a month ago, have you ever lost a loved one and went back to work days later? It seems they took him off after 67 minutes because he was injured, not because he was rag dolled by a guy on loan at Arbroath last year. Defensively poor, slow to turn and a ball watcher, didn’t play 20 games on a trot once in 6 years for us, but played a few nice passes now and then. ****ed us over and now a Hun, excuse me if I’m not that impressed. 

I think your lack of respect for a person who has just lost a loved one, reflects particularly badly on yourself, don't usually bother getting involved in this sort of stuff, but find it disappointing anyone would continue down that line.

Everyone reacts to death differently

Edited by Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly.   The fact is we are trying to offload both of them so no chance they would be involved in a derby.  Only filling the bench because of squad shortage and only to be used as a last resort.  Henderson would have been on before either of them. 

How about a year ago when Ginnelly came on against the dominant future champions at Celtic away in the LC and turned the game, on a big pitch using his pace to stretch the game? Or the goals he scored against St Johnstone and Dundee Utd (and an assist coming off the bench). GMS also did well in some games off the bench, Celtic away I think in the league when they scored an offside winner. Don’t let the facts get in the way now. 
Why didn’t he put Henderson on then if he doesn’t rate Gino or GMS?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***