• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Big difference throwing guys in against Bassey, Tavernier, Goodson etc. We were playing against Rocky & Porteous 

And Porteous had been booked. 
Someone running at him would have seen him off.

After going two up at home to Forest, Newcastle made 5 subs. Anderson remained on the bench. Only one of three outfield players to do so.

You’d expect Newcastle to buy a couple more and they had 4 players out injured.

Surely for his development a loan move would be better. If I was Joe I’d be checking back in this morning

Tom Hardy’s Dug
43 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Well last I read was his agent said he was happy there just now and would be happy to stay until the end of the season

Exactly the same wording as for the Japanese lad last year. Is it the same agent??

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

And Porteous had been booked. 
Someone running at him would have seen him off.

So had their LB early doors.  Yet we decided at no point to play with width and make them challenge again. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

After going two up at home to Forest, Newcastle made 5 subs. Anderson remained on the bench. Only one of three outfield players to do so.

Surely for his development a loan move would be better. If I was Joe I’d be checking back in this morning

Wishful thinking mate. The guy is more talented than Billy Gilmour (who I rate) but he got an EPL loan.

Lets not set ourselves up for yet another fall.

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Boro have had a loan and a £4m bid turned down for him recently. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Exactly the same wording as for the Japanese lad last year. Is it the same agent??

no idea mate 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Boro have had a loan and a £4m bid turned down for him recently. 

That might be because it’s Boro though, it’s not quite Sunderland but it isn’t far off rivalry wise. 

They rate the lad. Newcastle Social media team were gushing over him in pre season. 

If I was to put a percentage on it I’d guess less than 20% chance we’re gonna get him. 

I've no idea if there's a chance of getting Anderson, but this time last year Woodburn had "impressed in pre-season". He was also making the bench in EPL games, and we were getting stories that Klopp wanted to keep him in the squad.

I think he'll most likely go on loan to a Championship team once Newcastle have sorted their incoming business.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
36 minutes ago, ramrod said:

As it pushes towards the end of the window players will start commiting to clubs.

It's inevitable that the quality of player we are now after will have options 

It's just a case of being patient and I've no doubt Savage and the rest of the team will be working round the clock on getting deals over the line 

Forrest, Shankland, Grant and Knowles are all evidence of the quality Savage has been able to attract , I have zero worries he will deliver another couple , its just a case of being patient  till the right players are ready to commit.

But what of every other team that have got obviously key players in by now?

Why are we the only ones waiting for their “major” signings?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

17 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Wishful thinking mate. The guy is more talented than Billy Gilmour (who I rate) but he got an EPL loan.

Lets not set ourselves up for yet another fall.

That is a wild, wild shout.:lol:

He's played 3 minutes of first team football above League Two level. Have you even seen him play?

Gilmour had played 22 times for Chelsea and won man of the match at the Euros against England before getting an EPL loan.

BackOfTheNet

I’m starting to think our remaining signings are going to be loans, with our permanent transfer business (inbound at least) being done. That we’re waiting late into the window because we have to be patient on other team’s doing their business. As if it was us going for a player on a permanent, the need to wait is less for all parties involved, dependent on the circumstances of course.

Naisys Tackle
29 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That might be because it’s Boro though, it’s not quite Sunderland but it isn’t far off rivalry wise. 

They rate the lad. Newcastle Social media team were gushing over him in pre season. 

If I was to put a percentage on it I’d guess less than 20% chance we’re gonna get him. 

While I of course hope you would be correct I would have to argue in terms of location, league and club Middlesbrough would be ideal for the guy if out on loan.  We are more likely to get a Boro loan player not going to play because of Anderson. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
21 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He's played 3 minutes of first team football above League Two level. Have you even seen him play?

Gilmour had played 22 times for Chelsea and won man of the match at the Euros against England before getting an EPL loan.

Ok. You think we’ll get him?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m starting to think our remaining signings are going to be loans, with our permanent transfer business (inbound at least) being done. That we’re waiting late into the window because we have to be patient on other team’s doing their business. As if it was us going for a player on a permanent, the need to wait is less for all parties involved, dependent on the circumstances of course.

Or we are waiting for a scrag end that is released at the end of the window. Great!

Malinga the Swinga
23 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Of course he hasn't. It's a nonsensical post.

Malinga the Swinga

Ok. You think we’ll get him?

Maybe we will, maybe we won't. Why are you panicking about signings when we have professionals who are actually paid to perform this task?

Just relax and leave it to them instead of constantly worrying over something you can't change.

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I would imagine that the club believe Shankland to be a ‘major’ signing. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Maybe we will, maybe we won't. Why are you panicking about signings when we have professionals who are actually paid to perform this task?

Just relax and leave it to them instead of constantly worrying over something you can't change.

I’m not worried.

If the club choose not to really push on with signings this summer I will accept that that’s our model and that we can’t spend decent money on the players they want in time for the early stages of the season.

I will therefore accept that we aren’t capable of really pushing forward as we have been told. 

If we all know the score then worry or hope disappears and you accept your position.

We’d have to accept that we don’t have the money to spend like our rivals - but that would be disappointing given what we have been told to date about ambitions.

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Probably get the “we are happy with what we’ve got”patter in the next week or two.

We’ll be signing more players. That ‘patter’ will happen after they sign. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s a good signing, agreed.

He doesn’t take us to the next level though. He just replaces the goals we all thought Boyce would be scoring but can’t anymore.

Thats my point. He isn’t of a standard we couldn’t have got in last season. Doesn’t mean I think he is bad but it feels as if our player signings/targets this summer are stuck in or left overs from our 2021 basket not our “next level” 2022 campaign.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Loans are most likely, but there are still quite a few free agents with decent pedigrees and there'll also be players in the last year of their contracts that clubs will most likely be looking to cash in on (Paddy Lane?).

Basically, I think it's a bit early to draw that conclusion. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Yes, and then we can finally open the Bucks Fizz 

Not sure, far too many still be living in the land of make believe here

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Of course.  But he isn't an improvement on Simms.

davemclaren

He’s a good signing, agreed.

He doesn’t take us to the next level though. He just replaces the goals we all thought Boyce would be scoring but can’t anymore.

Thats my point. He isn’t of a standard we couldn’t have got in last season. Doesn’t mean I think he is bad but it feels as if our player signings/targets this summer are stuck in or left overs from our 2021 basket not our “next level” 2022 campaign.

This mythical ‘next level’ is, for me, maintaining out third place regularly. Something we haven’t achieved very often in our history. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It’s almost unfortunate that Simms turned out so good for us. 😄

I don’t know how anyone can reach that conclusion after 2 games. If he continued to score a goal every two games will you change your mind? Totally different players but they both bring important things to the side. Comparing them isn’t simple imo. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, davemclaren said:

This mythical ‘next level’ is, for me, maintaining out third place regularly. Something we haven’t achieved very often in our history. 

The next level for me is incrementally increasing the quality of players we sign as we bring in more income.

We haven’t done that this season. we are shopping from the same if not a lower standard than last year. SPL level players (Shankland, Forest, Neilson), token Aussie, and Grant who I like but the most positive noises about him I have read are that he is like Ollie Lee but more mobile (and I liked Ollie Lee)

Even one of our marquee targets - Lee. Is he of a higher standard than the Japanese lad we were after last year? Not obviously from what I can see.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t know how anyone can reach that conclusion after 2 games. If he continued to score a goal every two games will you change your mind? Totally different players but they both bring important things to the side. Comparing them isn’t simple imo. 

It depends how many other goals were scored in each game and by which team.

Since we are after players to make us better, we will be after players who can get a game at English championship level, but we can't compete with them wages wise. I imagine we have to wait for those players who don't get picked up by a team right at the end of the window.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The transfer window is a chain reaction. 

Take Obafemi last year. Man United sign Ronaldo, sell Dan James to Leeds, Swansea net 2 million sell on and buy Obafemi. 

It's waiting for players to become spare or penny drops they are not wanted where they are, books getting balanced and so on

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It depends how many other goals were scored in each game and by which team.

😂 that’s a fact. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The next level for me is incrementally increasing the quality of players we sign as we bring in more income.

We haven’t done that this season. we are shopping from the same if not a lower standard than last year. SPL level players (Shankland, Forest, Neilson), token Aussie, and Grant who I like but the most positive noises about him I have read are that he is like Ollie Lee but more mobile (and I liked Ollie Lee)

Even one of our marquee targets - Lee. Is he of a higher standard than the Japanese lad we were after last year? Not obviously from what I can see.

Token Aussie bit clueless mate. If you can't see he is a quality signing you are not going to be happy 

47 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We don't know if that's the case, other clubs could and probably will be still on the look out for players

Aberdeen and particularly Hibs are persuing a scatter gun policy where as  it looks like we are being a bit more selective in our signings. I prefer the way we're going about our business  but i get the frustration from some fans it's understandable  

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good post 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Token Aussie bit clueless mate. If you can't see he is a quality signing you are not going to be happy 

He looks decent. A bit naive but he looks good.

I haven’t said we have signed shite. But we don’t seem to be close to the same market we we’re last season - EPL potential players from their U23 teams for example.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The transfer window is a chain reaction. 

Take Obafemi last year. Man United sign Ronaldo, sell Dan James to Leeds, Swansea net 2 million sell on and buy Obafemi. 

It's waiting for players to become spare or penny drops they are not wanted where they are, books getting balanced and so on

One perfect example. Are we going for players of better quality than Obafemi this year?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We don't know if that's the case, other clubs could and probably will be still on the look out for players

Aberdeen and particularly Hibs are persuing a scatter gun policy where as  it looks like we are being a bit more selective in our signings. I prefer the way we're going about our business  but i get the frustration from some fans it's understandable  

Hibs yes. 

Aberdeen don’t look scattergun to me.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Not too sure how accurate this is,Aberdeen have signed few internationalists including a striker who got a brace at the weekend and another striker who scored on his full debut.

Hibs have just signed an international winger who won them a point against us,we need to get the finger out imo.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not too sure how accurate this is,Aberdeen have signed few internationalists including a striker who got a brace at the weekend and another striker who scored on his full debut.

Hibs have just signed an international winger who won them a point against us,we need to get the finger out imo.

Hibs we’re lucky with Boyle.

I don’t think any of us would have complained about signing Miovski though. We’d have been delighted.

Naisys Tackle
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Of course if he does so but as it stands we have downgraded up top and in defence. 

We definitely need more bodies even to compliment Shankland.  Especially with all the games we are to play coming up. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

One perfect example. Are we going for players of better quality than Obafemi this year?

I agree with you to a certain extent, but you have to look at the perspective that the squad was also thin last year, these players theoretically give us better cover. 

I agree we need better players, Rowles I think fits the bill, we do want 2 preferably 3 bits of quality, but they cost and often wait very late because they do have options 

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s almost unfortunate that Simms turned out so good for us. 😄

Thems the breaks of a loan deal sadly eh?

Of course if he does so but as it stands we have downgraded up top and in defence. 

We definitely need more bodies even to compliment Shankland.  Especially with all the games we are to play coming up. 

As it stands we don’t know if we’ve downgraded. The two players in question have only played two games. Give them a chance. 

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Obv but they have signed some utter shite aswell .Boyle isn't up for debate but their other signings wouldn't get anywhere near our starting 11, infact only Boyle and Cadden look anywhere near the required standard .

Our transfer budget this season is no different to last years.

Hence why we are signing players of similar budget and “funnily enough”ability to last year.

Our budget next season will be healthier.

9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

In the same way it's impossible to write someone off after two games, the opposite is also true. It's far too soon to know the quality, or not, of any of our new signings yet.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***