*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Ginnelly is rapid, just a shame he's not really lived up to the potential. If I saw him be moved this window I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes I know that why I said our quickest players are bench warmers. I believe he has asked to move on and he won't really be missed. He is one of those players who seems to have potential but never quite lives up to it.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

section s heart
2 hours ago, Waterboy said:

image.png.dfdb8ebcac55b4dac701ab28b53d71ef.png

Always a good graphic to see. 

Only one red player (Souttar) who we'll miss at first 11 level. Hard to replace directly, unless we've got £3m or so to spend in the transfer market. 

The counterbalance is the quality of some of the green players, which improve the first 11. 

Also, worth a look at who of the white has improved or not in the last year. I'd say Halkett Kingsley Cochrane and Haring are all better than 12 months ago, flip side that fitness and injuries may have diminished Smith and Boycie a bit.

But overall still looking better year on year as it stands. 

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ach to an extent, yes, but I think we came out second half and did go for the jugular.  I think when we missed all the chances there was maybe a natural thought that a sucker punch was on the way or something.

My main point isn't even about going for the kill, it's more that I honestly believe having pace up top in the last 10 mins was actually a better defensive option than anything else we could do.

I agree totally. This is the one area of Robbie's tactics where he still hasn't changed with the safety first approach which often comes back to bite him like it did on Sunday.

If we had put someone on with pace up front as you said it makes them think twice about pushing forward so much and gives us a bit of respite at the back.

The outcome might still have ended up the same but at least we would have had a go.

5 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Always a good graphic to see. 

Only one red player (Souttar) who we'll miss at first 11 level. Hard to replace directly, unless we've got £3m or so to spend in the transfer market. 

The counterbalance is the quality of some of the green players, which improve the first 11. 

Also, worth a look at who of the white has improved or not in the last year. I'd say Halkett Kingsley Cochrane and Haring are all better than 12 months ago, flip side that fitness and injuries may have diminished Smith and Boycie a bit.

But overall still looking better year on year as it stands. 

Don't think any really. Haring is more or less the same and Halliday is more of a bit part player now although that may change once we start getting more games. GMS, Ginnelly and Henderson are all bench warmers and might get the odd game here and there.

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ach to an extent, yes, but I think we came out second half and did go for the jugular.  I think when we missed all the chances there was maybe a natural thought that a sucker punch was on the way or something.

My main point isn't even about going for the kill, it's more that I honestly believe having pace up top in the last 10 mins was actually a better defensive option than anything else we could do.

I agree with everything you said. It’s one of those games where we rued our missed chances, and it could’ve been worse, we could’ve lost but the draw happened in the worst way possible. 

If Gino was in the mood to give us one of his Celtic Park performances where he just ran and ran and ran, we probably could’ve kept the ball up their end as their defenders would’ve had decisions to make with him chasing them down 

I reckon any chance we had of getting Anderson on loan from Newcastle will have diminished somewhat with the news that Shelvey will be out for 3 months.

Given our lack of squad depth particularly in midfield and upfront, I'm very concerned about playing 2 games a week for the first half of the season. Several of our players were done after 60-70mins against hibs. 

3 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Given our lack of squad depth particularly in midfield and upfront, I'm very concerned about playing 2 games a week for the first half of the season. Several of our players were done after 60-70mins against hibs. 

Done after 70 minutes is a serious concern on its own considering the seasons just started and we’re 1 game a week just now

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Yes I know that why I said our quickest players are bench warmers. I believe he has asked to move on and he won't really be missed. He is one of those players who seems to have potential but never quite lives up to it.

He won’t be missed because he’s not been used enough or properly,  like when it’s glaringly obvious we need pace up front in the last two games against Hibs. He’s an enigma that requires the right kind of coaching, but if he’s not going to come on when we need pace up front they should replace him with someone that will. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Mirror said:

At a time when they should be flying?

the sub goalie
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I reckon any chance we had of getting Anderson on loan from Newcastle will have diminished somewhat with the news that Shelvey will be out for 3 months.

Different types of player, Shelvey more deep sitting and Anderson can play either wing, no 10 or upfront I believe.

I think Anderson going on loan depends on whether Newcastle can get Maddison (or another) in.  No doubt a lot of clubs will have enquired about Anderson, really hope we are one of them.

31 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I agree with everything you said. It’s one of those games where we rued our missed chances, and it could’ve been worse, we could’ve lost but the draw happened in the worst way possible. 

If Gino was in the mood to give us one of his Celtic Park performances where he just ran and ran and ran, we probably could’ve kept the ball up their end as their defenders would’ve had decisions to make with him chasing them down 

I think his mindset veered towards ‘we’re not going to score again’ which is probably true, so he’s got the choice to defend in depth and kill the game or    get fresh legs up front to keep them tied up further out. He chose to kill the game. To me that doesn’t speak highly of Henderson GMS and Ginelly. Defending slots I think he called it. His call. I think he got it wrong but 20 seconds away from getting away with it.

Shite and annoying to lose the win that way but still a draw in an away derby which is acceptable I suppose.

Beat UTD and we’re back on track.

Leveins Battalion
12 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Our team ran out of steam in a Cup Final where we were tipped to have a chance because of Rangers 'fatigue'.

Robbie said after it he had no similar quality subs to bring on,could argue going by Sundays substitutions that is still the case.

Aussie Jambo
35 minutes ago, One five said:

Any transfer news 🤷‍♂️

I asked the same earlier. 

But no answers. I’m sure we will know something before too long.

Im also of the thinking the GMS & Ginnelly will be gone this window. Both just never did it for me. Ginnelly had moments but anytime he scored he seemed to say FO to the fans with his body language. No real passion in his glory. Says it all for me. Look at Shanklands celebrations with his goal against Hibs. Now that’s what you should expect. 

Anyhoo. Let’s hope and prey we get a Skacel/DeVries type this window. Plus a Webster/Pressley type for defence. I’d be happy with that. 

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, Mirror said:

It was only our second competitive game. The pre season is designed to reduce the risk of injuries further on in the season. They have to tailor things to the individuals and there's no gain from them pushing too hard so early. It's to be expected they wouldn't last the distance so early in the season.

Another game or two should see them in the right place for the schedule.

6 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Different types of player, Shelvey more deep sitting and Anderson can play either wing, no 10 or upfront I believe.

I think Anderson going on loan depends on whether Newcastle can get Maddison (or another) in.  No doubt a lot of clubs will have enquired about Anderson, really hope we are one of them.

Agreed but when a player is missing for large spells, they often change format unless they have like for like alternatives.  Anderson going would leave them 2 light in MF.

13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Our team ran out of steam in a Cup Final where we were tipped to have a chance because of Rangers 'fatigue'.

Robbie said after it he had no similar quality subs to bring on,could argue going by Sundays substitutions that is still the case.

By my count we need about 5 players. Not all for increasing the squad size but also to replace a couple I feel Robbie no longer feels like he can rely on.

Forward

RCB

Winger - Move Ginnelly on

Winger/10 - Move GMS on

Midfielder - Possibly a 6 month loan till Beni is back.

Edited by Bauld

Aussie Jambo

We should have broke the bank for this boy. We should never have let him leave. 🙄

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

We should have broke the bank for this boy. We should never have let him leave. 🙄

To be fair he didn’t face such shit goalkeeping as much up here.

12 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Pipe dream. I see he's still firing shots right at the 'keeper. Neither of these 'keepers looked good.

Kalamazoo Jambo
14 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Need to give this one up. He wasn’t really interested in coming back and would probably have cost us 12k per week even if he had been.

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

We didn’t have a choice to let him leave. That’s how loans work mate. 

16 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Not that I wouldn't want him, but those shots should be saved 99 times out 100, he's done so well to come away with a double there.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The graphic misses out Simms (I know he came in Jan) and that’s where we’re weak. It showed on Sunday Boyce and Shankland gave their all both had good games but once they were done there’s nothing. 

I know there’s plenty saying calm down and the business is yet to come but finding strikers isn’t easy and I’m a little worried we end up with a Nando rather than a Simms. 

But we were third with 4 points taken off the OF with just Gnando and Boyce before Simms came in, and now we have Shanks. That’s a huge upgrade.

I repeat that our biggest problem is RCB. That’s the glaring hole we haven’t filled.

35 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

He's probably already in the £5million price bracket, way out of reach for us now unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

The big Livvy striker looked handy against Utd at weekend. Big but quite nimble footed.

Joel Nouble. Had a spell with Campbell at Arbroath last season. Done well by all accounts. 

Spent most of his career at a very low level in England. Martindale does seem to be able to source players from quite obscure places. Someone who plays under Martindale is always going to have hardworking attributes and a decent attitude.

I wonder if it’s worth looking at JET. We need a 3rd choice striker and he’s a big strong CF that the ball will stick with. If we need to go route 1 he’d be a cheap option for a years deal. 

(Very) Underwhelming, but would be a different option to Shankland, Boyce and Hendo. Especially as it looks like McKay, Forrest and Grant can all score goals. 

Hopefully Savage has better though. 

Leveins Battalion
14 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

The big Livvy striker looked handy against Utd at weekend. Big but quite nimble footed.

Tin Hat on but I like him,the type of guy that would have cult hero status.😂

indianajones
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I wonder if it’s worth looking at JET. We need a 3rd choice striker and he’s a big strong CF that the ball will stick with. If we need to go route 1 he’d be a cheap option for a years deal. 

(Very) Underwhelming, but would be a different option to Shankland, Boyce and Hendo. Especially as it looks like McKay, Forrest and Grant can all score goals. 

Hopefully Savage has better though. 

JET is utter pish. Massive huddy.

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

JET is utter pish. Massive huddy.

Just thinking something different. Going to be games where trying to play football doesn’t work. Nouble sounds an interesting choice.

Was thinking about Hibs being able to swap out that Elsa from frozen looking laddie for Doidge which are totally different players. 

Agree JET is probably the wrong shout but someone that can bring something different to the table would be good. Our lack of options on Sunday on the bench was quite glaring IMO

Lord Beni of Gorgie

JET got thrown out of Pittodrie for being 2 stone overweight and quite frankly a disgrace to the profession. We are not looking at players of a lower level, hence the time being taken, if we were the squad would have been complete about a month ago.

Tad harsh on the Bristol City keeper for the 2nd, those ones right at you from short distance, impossible to get down in time

1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I asked the same earlier. 

But no answers. I’m sure we will know something before too long.

Im also of the thinking the GMS & Ginnelly will be gone this window. Both just never did it for me. Ginnelly had moments but anytime he scored he seemed to say FO to the fans with his body language. No real passion in his glory. Says it all for me. Look at Shanklands celebrations with his goal against Hibs. Now that’s what you should expect. 

Anyhoo. Let’s hope and prey we get a Skacel/DeVries type this window. Plus a Webster/Pressley type for defence. I’d be happy with that. 

Yeah agree with everything there mate, Gino was a real let down for me I really thought he would have been good for us. I really think there is a player in there but with the attitude he shows he has to go ( Imo)

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

http://www.football-asian.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=2440

Nothing new but this site suggests he wants to come in the winter. Could be a lot of shite.

A lot of it is just repeating what the evening news says, though as you say it is saying he wants to come in the winter.

I do wonder that if we do sign him on a pre-contract and he comes in January, whether we will look to get a player on loan to play his role till then.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

It's a catch 22. I don't see Gino or McKay Steven holding onto the ball in the way that Boyce or Shankland could (not that they were successful, just probably better placed to do so given their attributes)

Would bringing Gino or GMS on have won the Derby for us? I very much doubt it. Seems a convenient stick to beat the management team for me. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Why sign them then? It’s his job to make them capable of making a difference is it not? 

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Don't know what it is, Rick. It's blocked on my phone.

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Dodgy link buddy? Not opening for me, saying its "not secure" :)

Opens alright for me lads. Not missing much but the reporter says Lee wants to join in January.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

With nearly 30 games before November, coming in the winter not much use for this season, depends how good they really believe he is, and if its worth the wait, or what other options available now.

Ange of course did tell everyone last year, the Asian market was a January window thing, and he would know that well

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Opens alright for me lads. Not missing much but the reporter says Lee wants to join in January.

👍

1 minute ago, Homme said:

It's a catch 22. I don't see Gino or McKay Steven holding onto the ball in the way that Boyce or Shankland could (not that they were successful, just probably better placed to do so given their attributes)

Would bringing Gino or GMS on have won the Derby for us? I very much doubt it. Seems a convenient stick to beat the management team for me. 

Aw mate I'm not beating management here.  Wrong thread apart from anything, haha!

The game was stretching and we were getting a bit ragged so I see why he wanted to bring on what was supposed to be solidity.  All I'm saying is having been battered by Boycie and Shanks for 80 mins, I don't think their 2 huddies would have liked to have had Gino running into channels or running down their throats when they had the ball.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

They wouldn't have been required to hold it up. Their pace alone would've provided a threat in behind and they could've chased loose balls. With zero pace and a knackered Shankland it allowed Hibs to know there was no threat in behind and allowed them to move 10 yards further up the park in the last 5 plus injury time, safe in the knowledge Andy Halliday wasn't going to cause them issues.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***