*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

I would seriously question whether going to the Championship is a higher level than Hearts in Europe but it appears I am in a minority on this thread so I will leave it there 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I think and I’ll be honest. It’s the not knowing that’s creating half this thread. I’m just going to wait & see now. Who ever we get I’m sure they will be good enough. Have faith in Savage. 

Aye. We're all impatient but we've no reason to doubt Savage to date. It feels like a bigger lull because we had a lot of movement early but folk want what a signing that gives them whelms and those ones just take time. 

stevie1874
14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It doesn't matter what he is on now, he will want a pay rise with his next move wherever that may be.

Even if Everton put him out to loan, what development is he getting by going back to a league he has already done well at ? Surely the point is moving him up a level each time to prove he can do it at that level, he has nothing to prove or gain by another season with us 

Only thing we can offer him that English teams can’t is regular game time in Europe. Another years loan would be the best we could offer him,  and probably the best offer for his career against chasing money at a lower championship club. 

Aussie Jambo
6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aye. We're all impatient but we've no reason to doubt Savage to date. It feels like a bigger lull because we had a lot of movement early but folk want what a signing that gives them whelms and those ones just take time. 

100%. It’s like waiting for Christmas Day. You’ve got a good idea what your getting but not always what you wanted. 😂

Anyone know if Joe Wright turned up? 

Or did he take too long to drive up the road and miss training...

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Robbie and savage have both said it's highly unlikely. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise.

Folk have been going mental because the likes of Bongo and friends have totally made up it's a done deal.

Everton won't know what his future is yet, nevermind the folk on here who spend their day talking shite on the internet. 

I read that as Bongo's made up friends!

I'd love ES but we can't break our structure for him. 

55 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I doubt a guy of his age who's barely even scratched the surface of the first team in on £750k a year. 

Christ, they pay 16 yr olds 15k a week at some EPL clubs. 15k is nothing to the likes of Everton.

Absolute Scenes

Effing Millwall 😂😂 if the boy has any sense he’ll be in the ear of those in charge asking them to drop his transfer fee (like Jorge Grant situation) and demanding his future lies at hearts (all wishful thinking I know). Take a wage cut, agree a percentage of sell on and just get on with it. 

he knows what he gets here, knows where he fits. Players who fall into the championship tend to float away into obscurity. It wouldn’t surprise me if Woodburn is in league 1 next season 

simms lad, where do you want to be.

tiger Rudi

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/lewis-neilson-speaks-for-the-first-time-on-hearts-and-dundee-united-compensation-fight-blocking-out-stick-plus-english-interest-3755130

Getting away from the constant Simms/Shankland chat. Reading this it sounds like we have already signed Souttar's replacement. Prefers rcb, playing out from the back, long diagonals. Hope Robbie gives him plenty of starts, hope the fans give him a break and forgive the odd mistake or two. The guys a unit. Hope he settles in quickly. Have a good feeling about this signing. With the experience of Smith as back up, we might not be looking for any more defenders. 

If the Championship is such a step up in quality from Hearts in Europe then why do we not get three guys who have done a job there on loan and rotate them ………… that way at this lower level they are bound to score plenty

I propose Paterson Uche and Stockton

Horatio Caine

Not sure if this is posted elsewhere, but this from BBC gossip

Hearts have snapped up young goalkeeper Scott Cowie following the expiration of his contract at Rangers. 

Anyone know anything about this?

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Hearts have snapped up young goalkeeper Scott Cowie following the expiration of his contract at Rangers. 

Yeah, mentioned earlier

2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Was he for the B team or am I thinking about a nother player we signed recently 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yeah, mentioned earlier

Cool.  Missed it amongst all the other shite.  Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would seriously question whether going to the Championship is a higher level than Hearts in Europe but it appears I am in a minority on this thread so I will leave it there 

Not with me you're not.  I'm not giving up just yet.

4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Wonder if his family hails from Buckie.  We have Cowies in our family from there.  Place is full of them.

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Cool.  Missed it amongst all the other shite.  Thanks.

For the U 18s. It was on the Hearts web site. Hard to miss there

2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

😂😅😆 what do you expect him to be doing? Shouting at the media guy to get him back to Tynie 🧐🤯🥴

Nah, I mean, it's the Sun. They probably know **** all, especially Robert Grieve. 🙂

Transfers state of play

Objectives

- quality, sign better than we have,

- European experience needed

Better quality than we have/had  - too early to judge

European experience - not met

Couple of weeks to go so let's hope these objectives are met.

Guess The Crowd
11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wonder if his family hails from Buckie.  We have Cowies in our family from there.  Place is full of them.

Where George Cowie is from.

Also a common surname in Helmsdale, on the other side of the Moray Firth - where Don Cowie’s family is from 

Niemi’s gloves
5 minutes ago, feej said:

Transfers state of play

Objectives

- quality, sign better than we have,

- European experience needed

Better quality than we have/had  - too early to judge

European experience - not met

Couple of weeks to go so let's hope these objectives are met.

Is “European experience” an objective? I’d see us as building a team for the next few years, so wouldn’t be rushing to sign someone just for European experience. I don’t think that these days European football is so very different to domestic football - the rules are interpreted very much the same everywhere unlike the situation 30 years ago. 

No longer active
6 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Where George Cowie is from.

Also a common surname in Helmsdale, on the other side of the Moray Firth - where Don Cowie’s family is from 

Indeed

PapaShango

I'm pretty sure that Savage has envisaged that Simms isn't coming and will be looking at other targets. As I have said on this thread previously, we need to be patient, the transfer market opens up more in July and start of August with players looking for a move. I'm fairly confident we will get someone in the door that is of sufficient quality. Don't get me wrong I would have loved Simms back but I have always been doubtful it was going to happen. It's not dead in the water yet but likely to be a very slim chance it will materialise. 

4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Is “European experience” an objective? I’d see us as building a team for the next few years, so wouldn’t be rushing to sign someone just for European experience. I don’t think that these days European football is so very different to domestic football - the rules are interpreted very much the same everywhere unlike the situation 30 years ago. 

I'm sure that's what Robbie said in an interview I read, wanting guys with European experience, whether that means played in one of Europe's leagues or played in European competitions.

If the case either way this has not been achieved yet.

I agree we need to build a team that can compete on all fronts.

While I'm not completely defeated in terms of us signing Simms, I would say it is looking increasingly unlikely the longer the window goes on, thats the problem with good players, other teams want to sign them too, teams who can blow us out the water financially, I think JS and Robbie will have looked at other options for strikers first tbh and put Simms down as an unlikely but still a small possibility type signing, I still have a gut feeling we will do some business in the Asian market as there are some real gems to be had over there imo. Also think Shankland is a no brainer if it is even remotely possible.

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Terrifying thought

You think? I think he'd bang them in up here. 

Wages though... And he's 31/32. 

CloustonHMFC

Championship isn’t a higher level, what they have that we don’t though is money, or at least more of it. 

Batistuta87

Daniel Jebbison / Sheff Utd? 

Going into the last year of his contract, think he's 18 or 19, about 6 foot 4, quick. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Going by the number of kids he has he would certainly be banging up here.

Not sure on goals though

Midloth_Iain
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

score 3 one week, sick bay for 2 weeks, score 2 on his return, injured again

repeat ...🤪😅

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Championship isn’t a higher level, what they have that we don’t though is money, or at least more of it. 

Probably a lower level than games against the Old Firm. The Championship is definitely a higher level of than the rest of the teams in our league. 

2 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

repeat ...🤪😅

That would work with Boyce coming in for the fortnights that he is injured both get well rested and score plenty ................... I think you have cracked it

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I’m with you in that minority. European football and a packed out stadium are far greater attractions. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Probably a lower level than games against the Old Firm. The Championship is definitely a higher level of than the rest of the teams in our league. 

There is no probably about it games against the old firm are definitely a higher level and then you have the potential for higher level again in Europe and the derby which would stand up well against most games he would play in the Championship in terms of intensity if not always quality 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

depends how high up the championship. Some of the teams in there are really good with good fans

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There is no probably about it games against the old firm are definitely a higher level and then you have the potential for higher level again in Europe and the derby which would stand up well against most games he would play in the Championship in terms of intensity if not always quality 

Hibs are league 2 level though and the the European games are a completely different competition(s). 80% of our games are against pretty poor teams which is why we finished so far clear in 3rd place. The Championship has some excellent teams and excellent games.

Was just reading about Rogic, We should go for him. Imagine Simms, Mckay and Rogic as out attack. That would be sexy.

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

depends how high up the championship. Some of the teams in there are really good with good fans

The top teams down there will always be a decent attraction with big crowds and a sprinkling of quality higher than most of our playing squad but they will be the opponent once at home and once away in the marathon of drudgery that will take a player to Luton Wigan Blackpool and Reading the rest of the time

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Going by the number of kids he has he would certainly be banging up here.

Not sure on goals though

😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

repeat ...🤪😅

Sounds alright! Shankland and Boyce filling the gaps!? :) 

(Just for everyone's info I don't for a minute think we will actually be looking at him). 

9 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I’m with you in that minority. European football and a packed out stadium are far greater attractions. 

They are but over the course of a season in the Championship you will be playing against a much better quality of opposition. 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Was just reading about Rogic, We should go for him. Imagine Simms, Mckay and Rogic as out attack. That would be sexy.

Rogic could be the "big" name that has been teased about. Would certainly bring some quality.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hibs are league 2 level though and the the European games are a completely different competition(s). 80% of our games are against pretty poor teams which is why we finished so far clear in 3rd place. The Championship has some excellent teams and excellent games.

I think Hibs will be a better side this year than last but that is not really the attraction when it comes to using them as an attraction for playing for us next season it is more the occasion that is the derby ........................ most players would probably prefer that to the closest he could manage in the championship which would be West Brom vs Birmingham at a quick glance

The European games are a different competition but one we will be in that no championship clubs will be in so Hearts in Europe can count that as a feather in our cap compared to signing for a Championship team

The Championship has some good teams and games in it for sure but they have no teams as good as Rangers and Celtic and no European matches so I would still argue that it is not a higher level for a player than Hearts in Europe next season

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The top teams down there will always be a decent attraction with big crowds and a sprinkling of quality higher than most of our playing squad but they will be the opponent once at home and once away in the marathon of drudgery that will take a player to Luton Wigan Blackpool and Reading the rest of the time

Playing at Dens twice a season. Fir Park and the rest of the shit holes here. I'd take Luton, Wigan, Blackpool and Reading once a season anytime.

The Championship is infinitely a better league to play and learn.

Bigger crowds. Better quality of players. Play each other twice a season. No daft league split and you will earn better money.

4 minutes ago, Pap said:

They are but over the course of a season in the Championship you will be playing against a much better quality of opposition. 

Not when you take European games in to account or the old firm ................... he will also be playing against some bang average players most weeks down there too

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

óscar estupiñán

A Colombian striker, I don’t care if you’ve completely made this up. An exciting rumour, I like it

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***