*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bongo 1874
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I don't think anyone will pay £2-3m for him right now. 

Which is why we will get him 😉☺. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Rocky jamboa
19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You seriously think Rangers will pay a fee for him 😂

No chance and as for loan no chance, we have got him 👍

Is this just your opinion that he'll come to us or insider info?

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, adam1998 said:

Very strong rumours of Shankland to Dundee United and Ronan to Aberdeen, think you’ll be spot on re players not mentioned on the chat

There is absolutely nothing to back up the Shankland to Utd rumours other than a bloody WhatsApp message 😂

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Rocky jamboa said:

he knows hee haw 

Bongo 1874

Wait and see what's happens, I'm 100% certain Simms will be a Hearts player. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

There is absolutely nothing to back up the Shankland to Utd rumours other than a bloody WhatsApp message 😂

True, sounds plausible though IF there is an outstanding fee for LS that can be waived.

Feck knows tbh - we’ll get players in and I’m sure there will be a few not mentioned here as we don’t do leaks anymore

Rocky jamboa
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

he knows hee haw 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wait and see what's happens, I'm 100% certain Simms will be a Hearts player. 

Ah no!!!!!! I'm more confused than ever now 😫😂😂 

Hope you're right Bongo as will be some signing. 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They do, but Shakala, Morelos, Roofe, Colak, I think they might try and move on before signing anymore strikers. 

I would not put it past them to try and sign him and just stock pile him with the others

Bongo 1874

Ah no!!!!!! I'm more confused than ever now 😫😂😂 

Hope you're right Bongo as will be some signing. 👍🏻

Always think positive look at the situation? 

Who is Simms more likely to improve and develop at Hearts guaranteed game time or Rangers, with Roofe, Shakala, Morelos, Colak. 

All fighting for his position common sense tells you that. 

Bongo 1874
Just now, Sooks said:

I would not put it past them to try and sign him and just stock pile him with the others

You think he doesn't want to get game time, and try play at the highest level possible?. 

Going to Rangers would be career suicide for the lad, he needs games. 

He's guaranteed that at us 👍

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Which is why we will get him 😉☺. 

If Rangers and Hearts were the only two football clubs you might have a point. I think the situation will be a lot more complex. 

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If Rangers and Hearts were the only two football clubs you might have a point. I think the situation will be a lot more complex. 

Yeah think some teams down south will look at him. However the potential to play 8 games in Europe could be a factor if they look to only loan him out. If it's a straight transfer then we will get trumped by someone else I feel. Big chance he wants to come back and have a full season. If he isn't going to make it at Everton, if he does well and scored 15-20 goals in the league, massive chance someone else will take him based on that alone. It's a big moment in his career and I suspect he will want to be playing every week. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You think he doesn't want to get game time, and try play at the highest level possible?. 

Going to Rangers would be career suicide for the lad, he needs games. 

He's guaranteed that at us 👍

That is a different argument where Simms would prefer to go for career development

I was asking you why you were so sure Rangers would not pay a fee for him

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Totally 

53 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You seriously think Rangers will pay a fee for him 😂

No chance and as for loan no chance, we have got him 👍

👍🏻

PapaShango
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

👍🏻

I think your probably the one poster on this board who seems to know what is happening so to see that is definitely encouraging! 

Agentjambo
Just now, PapaShango said:

I think your probably the one poster on this board who seems to know what is happening so to see that is definitely encouraging! 

I agree.

adambraejambo
4 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

👍🏻

Mean no disrespect.  What is thumbs up for. Is it Rangers not wanting him or Bongo saying we have got him. 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What’s the latest @Jamboj1??

Agreeing from what I heard rangers won’t be in for him unless their move for colak falls through, they won’t be a loan option for him either as he won’t start as much as Everton would be looking for 👍🏻 Still a bit to go in this story 

RustyRightPeg

Get Shankland done. 

Worry about Simms later, as there is longer to go in this saga.

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Agreeing from what I heard rangers won’t be in for him unless their move for colak falls through, they won’t be a loan option for him either as he won’t start as much as Everton would be looking for 👍🏻 Still a bit to go in this story 

How many more strikers (No9’s) do you think we will sign??

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

How many more strikers (No9’s) do you think we will sign??

I’m led to believe we would love 2 strikers, a CM, a 10 and right centre back. A back up keeper will be brought in if one suitable is available. Unsure the plan on the CM now may have changed to a loan option instead due to the belief Beni may be back quicker than expected- still to be decided on👍🏻

PapaShango
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I’m led to believe we would love 2 strikers, a CM, a 10 and right centre back. A back up keeper will be brought in if one suitable is available. Unsure the plan on the CM now may have changed to a loan option instead due to the belief Beni may be back quicker than expected- still to be decided on👍🏻

Would be great if Beni was back after the WC break, missed a fit Beni massively in the cup final IMO, he is a tremendous player. He was just getting over his other injury and back to his best when injured again. 

I think people need to be patient, these deals, especially for quality players takes more time. I would rather wait and get the right players than sign dross we haven't heard of that won't improve us. I trust our recruitment team massively to pull out the stops and deliver for us. 

Agentjambo
8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Cheers for the info mate.

Tasavallan
13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Get Shankland done. 

Worry about Simms later, as there is longer to go in this saga.

Shankland will not happen in my opinion unless Beerschot send him out on loan.  

He has a contract with Beerschot until 2024, however they were relegated to Belgian Div B so might be looking to offload at a price.

Complicated negotiations, with Beerschot saying Hearts have not been in touch.  Game play?

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

He has a contract with Beerschot until 2024, however they were relegated to Belgian Div B so might be looking to offload at a price.

Complicated negotiations, with Beerschot saying Hearts have not been in touch.  Game play?

Its been in the press here for weeks and out of Savage’s mouth that we’re interested. He doesn’t go public unless things are definite. 

Beerschot have also signed 2 or 3 strikers in this window. 

I’d be surprised if they kept him. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They do, but Shakala, Morelos, Roofe, Colak, I think they might try and move on before signing anymore strikers. 

Salkala is going out on loan.  Itten being punted, Roofe always injured.

He would be perfect for them sadly and if he doesn't get his game will be sold for more than double what they paid being the club they are. 

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Always think positive look at the situation? 

Who is Simms more likely to improve and develop at Hearts guaranteed game time or Rangers, with Roofe, Shakala, Morelos, Colak. 

All fighting for his position common sense tells you that. 

How many other players have chosen rangers, regardless of whether they get more game time with us??? Souttar being the most recent example. 

Money talks and most players would choose an extra thousand or two a week at rangers than more game time with us. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

How many other players have chosen rangers, regardless of whether they get more game time with us??? Souttar being the most recent example. 

Money talks and most players would choose an extra thousand or two a week at rangers than more game time with us. 

Players also believe in their ability and Simms would back himself to get in the team, he's almost made it at Everton after all. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Slightly more than that ....

Theme From Sparta F.C.
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

I got a feeling we are going end up with a couple of players nobody has even mentioned yet.

All the chat about Simms, Shankland, Ronan etc and it's going to be none of them.

Has there been any more chat about the Japanese Forward that Robbie was looking at last year / January?

That all went very quiet....

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

I don't think rangers really care what we do tbh

That’s why they signed an injury prone player from us, they could get him on loan and they could warm them bench together.

I wouldn’t put it past them tbh. 

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

Has there been any more chat about the Japanese Forward that Robbie was looking at last year / January?

Don't think so.Was another Japanese player mentioned earlier on the thread that has gone to Belgium but I don't think he was the one we were linked with in January

2 minutes ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

Seem to recall that he got a bad injury and was out for a while. Could be wrong though tbf

Rocky jamboa
23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Slightly more than that ....

Definitely! If rangers are in for him, there's no way we're competing with them wage wise. And as we've seen with Souttar, there's no loyalty in football.

Ogashiwa got injured and I don't think he's even regained full fitness yet, so unlikely to come in this window 

The J League is full of hidden gems as Celtic have found out recently 

Sincerely Hope we are looking into this market in the coming years 

Phil D. Corners
37 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Beerschot might want him off the wage bill? Not sure his contract situation. I doubt he would agreed a wage cut as the team just got promoted.

I assume via the agents Hearts have offered a ball park amount. Beerschot probably said they wanted more and Savage might of said ‘good luck with that’. Now it’s a stand off to see who blinks first.  

If Shankland impresses during preseason someone else might come in for him, or not we might get him at the right price. It’s a waiting game. 

32 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Too many to mention Rocky but defo Alan McLaren, Andy Webster, Dave McPherson, Neil McCann, Lee Wallace, Paul Ritchie and Kyle Lafferty. We did well out of some sales to be fair others not so. 

17 hours ago, Chaps said:

Are you his agent? Lost count the amount of times you’ve metioned him on here.

Probably fishing as usual, hoping someone will rise to the bait and end up in an argument about his dad being a shnake

Tasavallan
5 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Beerschot might want him off the wage bill? Not sure his contract situation. I doubt he would agreed a wage cut as the team just got promoted.

Beerschot were automatically relegated from First Division A to First Division B at end of 2021-2022 season, finishing 18/18.

As an aside, I see that Shankland has been involved in their pre-season friendlies.

Phil D. Corners
Just now, Tasavallan said:

Beerschot were automatically relegated from First Division A to First Division B at end of 2021-2022 season, finishing 18/18.

As an aside, I see that Shankland has been involved in their pre-season friendlies.

I was referring to their promotion before he signed last year. Allowing a relegation clause in contract with a new team would be a risk for Shankland. Therefore I assume he did not have one and still on good money. But I’m assuming big time. 

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He got injured straight away and never really got up to speed. 

All time leading scorer for u21s in Scotland. 

He might need a settled home. I wouldn’t be against a move for him. Or Jack Harper (the Spanish Scotsman) 

He's exactly the sort of player we have looked to develop in the past. Nice if we could do that with a striker, and a Scottish one at that.

Lone Striker

Some posts on the previous page or 2 suggest that Beerschott still owe Utd £0.5m  for the Shankland deal - can anyone explain the detail behind that ?    It seems to give Utd a potential advantage now in terms of getting the Belgian club to sell back to them instead of anyone else -  just wonder if it was a deliberate ploy by them at the time his move to Belgium.   Thanks.

jambopilms
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Some posts on the previous page or 2 suggest that Beerschott still owe Utd £0.5m  for the Shankland deal - can anyone explain the detail behind that ?    It seems to give Utd a potential advantage now in terms of getting the Belgian club to sell back to them instead of anyone else -  just wonder if it was a deliberate ploy by them at the time his move to Belgium.   Thanks.

I imagine it's pure guesswork from Utd fans. Very few people know about the finances behind a deal, wages, clauses etc. Folk saying they know about the ins and outs of various deals are full of 💩

Bob Loblaw
6 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Taylor-Moore has signed for Shrewsbury

Thought he'd get a better move than that but good luck to him. Seemed a good lad that enjoyed his time here.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***