*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Thought he'd get a better move than that but good luck to him. Seemed a good lad that enjoyed his time here.

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Thought he'd get a better move than that but good luck to him. Seemed a good lad that enjoyed his time here.

Season long loan  - 

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2022/07/04/shrewsbury-town-seal-taylor-moore-loan-from-bristol-city/

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, brawlad74 said:

Too many to mention Rocky but defo Alan McLaren, Andy Webster, Dave McPherson, Neil McCann, Lee Wallace, Paul Ritchie and Kyle Lafferty. We did well out of some sales to be fair others not so. 

To be fair most of the names mentioned got plenty of game time when they moved west. Paul Ritchie less so. He's one that probably regrets ever leaving Hearts, his career nosedived afterwards. I expect Souttar to be a first pick if he remains injury free. It's a big if. I can see him getting even better with the players round about him tbh. Our own fault not tying him down to a long contract when he was injured. A gamble that would have paid dividends, but Hearts had no way of knowing if he would ever get back to his best. Can't really blame Souttar taking the shilling, he's only another injury away from his career ending. Most of us in the same boat would have done the same. However, he could & should have signed an extension with a release clause, allowing us to get at least something for him. 

25 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I imagine it's pure guesswork from Utd fans. Very few people know about the finances behind a deal, wages, clauses etc. Folk saying they know about the ins and outs of various deals are full of 💩

Even if it is true, the idea it's some kind of freebie for them is nonsense. They'd be writing off a guaranteed £500k from their financial projections that's been there for a year. That's the same as spending the money.

Put it this way, Hearts can afford to pay £500k more than Dundee United can afford to waive it. They seem a bit cavalier with spending recently so I wouldn't rule it out, but I don't think either of those are likely. He isn't worth that much as things stand.

12 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Taylor-Moore has signed for Shrewsbury

That's a massive step down for him.  From a 3rd place, European qualifying team playing in front of a sold out Tynecastle every week, to a relegation avoiding League One team who don't even come close to filling their sub-10,000 seater stadium.  Their biggest hopes this season will be avoiding the drop, and getting pumped out the FA Cup at home to someone like Liverpool or Chelsea so they can make some money.

Surprised he wasn't more interested in staying for another season, especially with the guaranteed European games. Would do far, far more for his career than Shrewsbury ****ing Town :lol:

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

That's a massive step down for him.  From a 3rd place, European qualifying team playing in front of a sold out Tynecastle every week, to a relegation avoiding League One team who don't even come close to filling their sub-10,000 seater stadium.  Their biggest hopes this season will be avoiding the drop, and getting pumped out the FA Cup at home to someone like Liverpool or Chelsea so they can make some money.

Surprised he wasn't more interested in staying for another season, especially with the guaranteed European games. Would do far, far more for his career than Shrewsbury ****ing Town :lol:

Would it though? I think we let him go rather than him wanting to stay.

Even if he did stay, he’d play probably a quarter of the games he’ll play for them. What’s best for his career, sitting getting splinters or playing 40 games?

adambraejambo
Just now, tian447 said:

I'm just guessing but I would imagine he would have loved to stay for another season. The fact he not back at Hearts is down to Hearts and not Taylor Moore. 

innerjambo
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

We weren't interested in keeping him I think, so he didn't have that option. 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

When he first signed he was playing down the possibility of staying, saying he wanted to fight for a place at Bristol City.

I bet he'd have jumped at the chance of staying. It's a shame it takes players with not many options to come up here and see what it's all about.

No idea how Woodburn got a deal at PNE. Bet he scores against us 🤣

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Was he offered a deal?

6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We weren't interested in keeping him I think, so he didn't have that option. 

That's my take from it as well.  If Bristol City are happy farming him out on loan to someone like Shrewsbury, it sounds like they're not overly fussed where he goes. 

If we were interested, he'd have been back with us next season, no doubt. 

8 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

I'm just guessing but I would imagine he would have loved to stay for another season. The fact he not back at Hearts is down to Hearts and not Taylor Moore. 

Sounds like that's exactly what happened. 

Strange, because he seemed capable enough.  Not too many brainfarts, and a big solid lad. Could be financial, could just be that we thought we could do better. 

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Woodburn is a total enigma. Clearly talented and should have been one of the standout players in our squad.  Could he just not be arsed, did he think he was better than he was, did he just not gel with the team, or was it something else.  We'll never know, but he feels like a missed opportunity where we could have had something special. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s why they signed an injury prone player from us, they could get him on loan and they could warm them bench together.

I wouldn’t put it past them tbh. 

Souttar will be a good signing for rangers. They didnt sign him just so he doesn't play for us. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, brawlad74 said:

Too many to mention Rocky but defo Alan McLaren, Andy Webster, Dave McPherson, Neil McCann, Lee Wallace, Paul Ritchie and Kyle Lafferty. We did well out of some sales to be fair others not so. 

I don’t think McLaren had a choice, I’ve never seen anyone so angry at a press conference as he was when he moved. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Souttar will be a good signing for rangers. They didnt sign him just so he doesn't play for us. 

No he won’t, he’s never fit enough to play the amount of games required to do well for them, especially now Goldson is staying. Squad played at best. 
Do you not think weakening us came into their thinking, or had GVB always fancied him 😆?!?!

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think McLaren had a choice, I’ve never seen anyone so angry at a press conference as he was when he moved. 

Correct - big jambo who didn't want to go but the bank made us sell.  He was also treated shoddily by us £ wise. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No he won’t, he’s never fit enough to play the amount of games required to do well for them, especially now Goldson is staying. Squad played at best. 
Do you not think weakening us came into their thinking, or had GVB always fancied him 😆?!?!

IF fit he will play many games for them.

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

That's the risk.....can he stay fit for a period of time for them.....I wish him well... ..just not against us 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why would they want to weaken us?

They have picked up a great player for nothing, yes he is a squad player for them but he’s a good player to bring in 

The Goalscoring Knee
26 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

When he first signed he was playing down the possibility of staying, saying he wanted to fight for a place at Bristol City.

I bet he'd have jumped at the chance of staying. It's a shame it takes players with not many options to come up here and see what it's all about.

Think he's gone on record since to say his time in Edinburgh was the best in his career. I liked him (semi-final moment of madness aside) but Hearts are clearly looking for a step above him now, which is a good position to be in

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Spookie said:

That's the risk.....can he stay fit for a period of time for them.....I wish him well... ..just not against us 

Nah hope he is shit for them.  I'm a bitter person mind you. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Correct - big jambo who didn't want to go but the bank made us sell.  He was also treated shoddily by us £ wise. 

A bank run by David Murrays mate who was happy for them to run up massive debts while demanding repayments from clubs who had players that Rangers wanted to sign 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Sooks said:

A bank run by David Murrays mate who was happy for them to run up massive debts while demanding repayments from clubs who had players that Rangers wanted to sign 

Aye - sounds about correct at the time. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why would Rangers need to weaken us? They took 6 points off us at Tynecastle and held us at arms length for 120 mins in the Scottish Cup final. Deluded man.

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

They have picked up a great player for nothing, yes he is a squad player for them but he’s a good player to bring in 

To try and ensure they get twelve points from us rather than ten

Naisys Tackle

Souttar in no single way a gamble for Rangers.  He stays ft he plays!  He doesnt play they sell him for £500 down south.  Not to weaken us. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Souttar in no single way a gamble for Rangers.  He stays ft he plays!  He doesnt play they sell him for £500 down south.  Not to weaken us. 

£500 ! Bargain. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, theshed said:

Why do they ever weaken the other teams in the league, to keep anyone that looks like challenging them down? They done it for decades, it’s a well known tactic. Big clubs do it all over the world. 

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes

Rumours were pretty strong that Rangers knew they could offer less than a player was worth, if the player's club banked with Murray's mate's bank. The bank was alleged to have put pressure on clubs to accept lower than expected bids for players to reduce their overdrafts.

Rangers weren't too fussy about how they stayed on top of every other Scottish club. Thankfully, they got severely bitten eventually.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

This. 

Folk seeming to think he’s signed there just so he isn’t with us. 

He’s an outstanding player. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We can only wait and see, watching him playing in a back four in the CL should be a good laugh. 
They won’t be selling him down south, look at clubs that were barely interested in him for free. 

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Definitely a gamble. If he's on £10k a week and is injured for half his contract it's a lot of money spent badly.

Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

Beerschot were automatically relegated from First Division A to First Division B at end of 2021-2022 season, finishing 18/18.

As an aside, I see that Shankland has been involved in their pre-season friendlies.

Damour played most of our pre-season friendlies last year. He was actually outstanding in the two I saw him play lol, but aye we played him probably knowing fine well that he had one foot out the door.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Damour played most of our pre-season friendlies last year. He was actually outstanding in the two I saw him play lol, but aye we played him probably knowing fine well that he had one foot out the door.

Outstanding?

Batistuta87
43 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Weird that they let Ginnelly leave for free but decided Woodburn was somehow good enough for them?? 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Outstanding?

Genuinely was. It was only Spartans or someone like that but he scored one and set up two and generally strolled it when others didn't. Can't remember who the other game was against but he was similarly busy then too before they changed the entire line up at half time. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why would Rangers need to weaken us? They took 6 points off us at Tynecastle and held us at arms length for 120 mins in the Scottish Cup final. Deluded man.

Yeah it wasn’t part of it at all, Van Bronckhorst had watched him for years, saw he never managed to play 20 games on the trot for us and thought this guy will

do us for the CL, bid £300k for him 😆
Glad to see so many share the view that we are an insignificance 🤦🏽

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s why they signed an injury prone player from us, they could get him on loan and they could warm them bench together.

I wouldn’t put it past them tbh. 

Put the tin foil hat away bro. 

Souttar is a very good player. I know we all dislike him for leaving and are trying to convince ourselves that he's actually a shite signing for them, but he really isn't. He's a very good signing. He might not be there as a first choice player but I can guarantee you he'll work his arse off to try and get there and to try and stay in the Scotland squad. He was one of the best CBs in the league last season and gives them a very safe and trustworthy option at the back. 

As for Simms; Everton won't let him go somewhere on loan where he won't play. If they want him they'll have to buy him and if they choose to spend a 7-figure sum on weakening us then they can go right ahead. We'll find someone else. 

Yes they have signed players to weaken other sides in the past IMO, but this isn't what they're doing here. 

Edited by Batistuta87

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Agreed,  people suggesting Rangers make buying decisions based on weakening us. Absolutely delusional. 

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Genuinely was. It was only Spartans or someone like that but he scored one and set up two and generally strolled it when others didn't. Can't remember who the other game was against but he was similarly busy then too before they changed the entire line up at half time. 

Sad that a guy with ability and pedigree was happy to take the cash and allow his career to slip into obscurity. 

21 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Yes

Rumours were pretty strong that Rangers knew they could offer less than a player was worth, if the player's club banked with Murray's mate's bank. The bank was alleged to have put pressure on clubs to accept lower than expected bids for players to reduce their overdrafts.

Rangers weren't too fussy about how they stayed on top of every other Scottish club. Thankfully, they got severely bitten eventually.

Masterson who also owned Dunfermline 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Sad that a guy with ability and pedigree was happy to take the cash and allow his career to slip into obscurity. 

Hes moved on to a bigger club such as he when he left Dundee Utd for us.   He will back himself also. 

Batistuta87
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Definitely had ability, he just couldn't be arsed and didn't want to be here from day one. Neil Warnock talked him into signing for us over signing for Charlton. I think hes listened to him and given it a go but decided very early on that it wasn't for him and just chucked it. 

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah it wasn’t part of it at all, Van Bronckhorst had watched him for years, saw he never managed to play 20 games on the trot for us and thought this guy will

do us for the CL, bid £300k for him 😆
Glad to see so many share the view that we are an insignificance 🤦🏽

Did Gio sign him?

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Did Gio sign him?

He said: "I am happy that John will be joining us.

"He's a top Scottish international and I look forward to him joining us next season."

OmiyaHearts
3 hours ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

Has there been any more chat about the Japanese Forward that Robbie was looking at last year / January?

That all went very quiet....

Ogashiwa has been injured for a fair bit of the season. Only managed a handful of games this season and no goals.

Someone else mentioned a week or two ago that we should go for Kashima's forward, Ueda. He just moved to a Belgium team for about £2m.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Put the tin foil hat away bro. 

Souttar is a very good player. I know we all dislike him for leaving and are trying to convince ourselves that he's actually a shite signing for them, but he really isn't. He's a very good signing. He might not be there as a first choice player but I can guarantee you he'll work his arse off to try and get there and to try and stay in the Scotland squad. He was one of the best CBs in the league last season and gives them a very safe and trustworthy option at the back. 

As for Simms; Everton won't let him go somewhere on loan where he won't play. If they want him they'll have to buy him and if they choose to spend a 7-figure sum on weakening us then they can go right ahead. We'll find someone else. 

Yes they have signed players to weaken other sides in the past IMO, but this isn't what they're doing here. 

It’s so comfy though 🤪

I just don’t think he will stay fit for long enough to contribute, and still has huge flaws in his game like ball watching and struggling to deal with physical strikers.
Statistically he was behind Halkett and Kingsley apparently. 

I hadn’t really thought about them signing Simms to weaken us, he’s not really ours but it shows how they think. 
I’m not sure he’s the answer for them either to be competitive at the level they’re going to be playing at, or winning the title back. 

Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He said: "I am happy that John will be joining us.

"He's a top Scottish international and I look forward to him joining us next season."

Was that an attempt at an answer?

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Was that an attempt at an answer?

Yep.  Its a quote from Gio when he signed.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yep.  Its a quote from Gio when he signed.

That tells us absolutely nothing about the mechanics behind Rangers transfers ...

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***