*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

You said we couldn't afford him and now you reckon he's homesick. Is that you Tom.....?

What are you talking about? 😂

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

On 05/07/2022 at 21:33, RustyRightPeg said:

What are you talking about? 😂

You said in one post... we couldn't afford him".

And then in another, "he wants to go home".

Not sure how you know more than us....

Rogue Daddy
41 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I’m there 9-4 Monday to Thursday next week. I’ll report back if I see anything or anyone 👍🏻

Excellent work Agent Razor... we await contact!  :peepwall:

No longer active
34 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

On my way. 

Driving.thumb.jpg.0ae4a5764e60b2f1283de6fd3d2a2460.jpg

Is ES with you? Check your mirrors 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Section Q said:

You said in one post... we couldn't afford him".

And then in another, "he wants to go home".

Not sure how you know more than us....

A simple Google search will show his last contract at Celtic was £21k per week. That’s all least 3 times higher than our highest earner.

He hasn’t entertained any offers on British shores. He chose the Indonesian league for starters, isn’t that a tell tale sign. 

It’s hardly rocket science. 

Rogue Daddy
39 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

On my way. 

Driving.thumb.jpg.0ae4a5764e60b2f1283de6fd3d2a2460.jpg

🤣... make contact with Agent Razor, he'll sort you out with some camouflage, night-vision goggles... and a dug! Good luck!

37 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Doesn’t matter. We are not going to overpay for a 29 year old that will have absolutely no interest in coming to us.

The fact he was on the verge of a move to Indonesia makes the settled in Scotland point redundant as it’s pretty evident he wants to be closer to home.  

Mind Naismith was on what 30k? a week at Norwich. Rogic said he wants a new challenge when he left celtic. Nothing about going home, We already have 3 Australian internationals in our team so he won't get forgotten and he will be a nailed on starter for us. Some people aren't motivated by money, He's probably set for life anyway and might want the challenge of getting us 2nd.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Herbert. said:

Mind Naismith was on what 30k? a week at Norwich. Rogic said he wants a new challenge when he left celtic. Nothing about going home, We already have 3 Australian internationals in our team so he won't get forgotten and he will be a nailed on starter for us. Some people aren't motivated by money, He's probably set for life anyway and might want the challenge of getting us 2nd.

It’s this sort of coo coo land mindset that sets people up for disappointment when we do sign the likes of Jorge Grant. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

A simple Google search will show his last contract at Celtic was £21k per week. That’s all least 3 times higher than our highest earner.

He hasn’t entertained any offers on British shores. He chose the Indonesian league for starters, isn’t that a tell tale sign. 

It’s hardly rocket science. 

He obviously wants to play in a warmer country, he’s not going to Indonesia for the money unless he thinks their rupees are worth the same as the Aussie dollar. 

On 05/07/2022 at 21:57, Pasquale for King said:

He obviously wants to play in a warmer country, he’s not going to Indonesia for the money unless he thinks their rupees are worth the same as the Aussie dollar. 

Indonesian deal has fallen through.

AC Mallin_51

I know there doesn’t seem to be any actual link other than speculation on here but Rogic would be a marquee signing

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Doesn’t matter. We are not going to overpay for a 29 year old that will have absolutely no interest in coming to us.

The fact he was on the verge of a move to Indonesia makes the settled in Scotland point redundant as it’s pretty evident he wants to be closer to home.  

Rogic will have no interest in signing for another Scottish side. Absolutely none. He'll be away to some crappy Middle Eastern league where they pay stupid money to stupid players. 

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It’s this sort of coo coo land mindset that sets people up for disappointment when we do sign the likes of Jorge Grant. 

That sort of cloud coo coo land stuff that got us the likes of Fysass and Jankauskas. 

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

That sort of cloud coo coo land stuff that got us the likes of Fysass and Jankauskas. 

😂😂 aye that’s it compare that mad owner that nearly killed the club to the current regime. So many similarities right enough. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Rogic will have no interest in signing for another Scottish side. Absolutely none. He'll be away to some crappy Middle Eastern league where they pay stupid money to stupid players. 

Correct.

Ryan McGowan, who ability wise is a bottom 6 player in Scotland, is probably now a millionaire because he chose to play in places like this. Tom Rogic has peaked. He’s won all he can do and it’s now all about the ££££.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

😂😂 aye that’s it compare that mad owner that nearly killed the club to the current regime. So many similarities right enough. 

Let's just do what hibs done under petrie and have nice books and no ambition on the park.

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Rupiah not Rupees...had to spend all mine before I got out the country, 12 purses I had to buy at airport as I couldn't take Rupiah out of the country,  all my female relatives and friends were delighted :HeartsManspotrun:

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Indonesian deal has fallen through.

Probably checked the currency rate 😆

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Rupiah not Rupees...had to spend all mine before I got out the country, 12 purses I had to buy at airport as I couldn't take Rupiah out of the country,  all my female relatives and friends were delighted :HeartsManspotrun:

Sorry I was quickly trying to work it out, it was right there ffs 🤦🏽

239244A7-8523-498A-8127-DF5475AB2874.jpeg

CDA57307-F6FC-4905-94A3-3A3DBB625938.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Let's just do what hibs done under petrie and have nice books and no ambition on the park.

you really are clueless 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Who’s that?

Must be the guy with European experience, he’s driving on the wrong side of the road 😱😜?!?!

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

you really are clueless 

Because I want the club to sign a good player using the money we get from Europe, finishing 3rd, FOH and the sell on from hickey. What do you suggest we do with the money? Sit on it forever and have 3rd as our celling?

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Section Q said:

AFL PLAYER wages for the 2021 season increased 38 per cent on the COVID-19-ravaged 2020 year, with the average salary for a listed player rising to $372,224. Three players received more than $1.2 million last year. Six earned more than $1 million.14 Feb 2022

I'm surprised salaries are that high. $372,224 is about £210k, so basically £4k per week. $1m is just under £11k per week.  If Rogic was going to be anywhere near the top end of those figures (and I have to imagine he would be) we couldn't get anywhere near that.

Pasquale for King

I think as we progress our wage structure will obviously get higher, without getting out of control obviously. Third place finishes, leading to European qualification, cup finals, STs selling out and the main stand bringing in more money will all drive our wages up. 
It must be something the football department is in control of, as Mackinley spitting out his coffee at the £8k a week offer to Souttar shows. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Gowser rooms with Rogic I think (when he’s in the Aussie squad). He can continue his agent prep work with Rogic.

(it’s not happening of course)

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Herbert. said:

Because I want the club to sign a good player using the money we get from Europe, finishing 3rd, FOH and the sell on from hickey. What do you suggest we do with the money? Sit on it forever and have 3rd as our celling?

I want us to not even consider talking about breaking the bank on a 29 year old that has no sell on value and no interest in playing for us. 

I want us to sign up and coming players with a point to prove (Beni, Devlin, Atkinson, Cochrane, Rowles etc) that we can sell on and continue to move forward with!

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Art Garfunkle Jr said:

Is there any truth to all this talk about rogic, or are we just thinking he’d be a good signing for us ?

The latter.

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm surprised salaries are that high. $372,224 is about £210k, so basically £4k per week. $1m is just under £11k per week.  If Rogic was going to be anywhere near the top end of those figures (and I have to imagine he would be) we couldn't get anywhere near that.

He is quoting AFL which is Aussie rules not football.

The A-League on the other hand -

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/football/news/average-a-league-player-salary-struggling-to-keep-pace-with-asia/1ku4ky582pe721xx9l0q8uje33

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I want us to not even consider talking about breaking the bank on a 29 year old that has no sell on value and no interest in playing for us. 

I want us to sign up and coming players with a point to prove (Beni, Devlin, Atkinson, Cochrane, Rowles etc) that we can sell on and continue to move forward with!

Funnily enough Robbie recognises we need at least a couple of players in their later 20s with experience of Europe so we have a good chance of properly competing in Europe and it not just being a jolly.

Not Rogic but expect a couple of 28/29 year olds with decent quality for decent wages as part of who we sign this summer.

We broke the bank for Naismith, That turned out OK, not everything is about the sell on, It's about what will win us games, Gordon for example saves us 10-20points on his own, He has 0 resale value but I bet he's easily one of our highest earners.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Said before the Simms thing has all the signs of developing into a “saga”. And I really can’t be arsed with us being involved in any transfer saga. I’d bite my right arm off for us to have him on a permanent mind you, but at the expense of experiencing a damn saga?

It's only really a saga on this thread. If you don't want to experience a saga, just stop reading this thread. Just keep an eye on the Hearts website and even check now and again to see if the thread title has changed, and you'll keep up on actual transfer news. 

"Beerschot now has a core of 23 players, including 15 Belgians. In terms of outgoing transfers, Blessing Eleke will in principle leave. There is concrete interest in the Nigerian striker."

It doesn't say which club. ☺

Looks like they are still short on strikers again.   They have received funds from sales, so have ability to buy a striker. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats the thing, the club (from Joe and Robbie) have always been the same about Simms, they would love him back but it would be difficult. So they would be mad just to be after him and Shankland. If I was putting on my conspiracy theory hat, it wouldn't surprise me if we are using Simms as a bit of a smokescreen, there has been informal chat with Everton but we are letting the press' focus being on Simms, keeping our main likely targets secret so we are more likely to get them.

I've said before I reckon we'll have several targets that we're working on, and while we might have one or two that would ideally be first and second choice, they'll all be ones we'd be happy if we get, and ultimately it'll be a case of whichever ones we get over the line first will be the ones we get, and when we've got them, we'll inform the rest that we're no longer interested.  The frustrating thing for us (the fans and Joe and Robbie) will be that they'll all be players that either have other options to consider, or whose clubs have to make a decision on whether to loan them out and then what's the best club to loan them to. If we're after genuine quality players, we have to accept that they'll have other clubs after them too, and will take their time to decide.  If we want players that will jump straight away when we make an approach for them, they're unlikely to be particularly good players in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I’ll be honest I’m a little concerned, it’s two strikers we need and that’s not an easy position to fill once never mind twice. Was hoping Shankland and Simms would solve the problem and then I couldn’t really care if we didn’t make another signing. It’s not a position we really want to be on plan C or D with.

It’s becoming apparent that Simms and Shankland MAY not have been the primary targets. We’ve publicly said we can’t afford Simms unless it’s a loan and we’ve publicly said we’ve not made an offer for Shankland which his club confirmed.

Looking at the calendar getting ever closer to the first real game (26days) it is getting just a little concerning that we need 2 decent strikers and not a lot seems to be happening. Another couple of weeks and it’s too close for comfort IMO so I expect us to be pulling several rabbits out of hats this week and next, probably players out of left field we’ve never heard of or spoken about

Edited by JimmyCant

RustyRightPeg
17 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

We broke the bank for Naismith, That turned out OK, not everything is about the sell on, It's about what will win us games, Gordon for example saves us 10-20points on his own, He has 0 resale value but I bet he's easily one of our highest earners.

Naismith nearly missed more games than he played for us. Yes he scored a few important goals but he was an expensive signing and one we were delighted retired to free up wages. 

Naismith nearly missed more games than he played for us. Yes he scored a few important goals but he was an expensive signing and one we were delighted retired to free up wages. 

Being honest here, Naismith as a player was a failed investment, however I think he done more than anyone to change the dressing room atmosphere and get some professional practices and attitudes back into the place

He was a massive loss when he was injured and when he came back he wasn't the the same player. We were delighted when we signed him, No one cared about the wage because of what he brought to the club.

Leveins Battalion

Hearts 'needing a striker' has been the club mantra for as long as I can remember now.😂😂

Still nothing as bad a having Maclean and Wighton up top.🤦‍♂️

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Being honest here, Naismith as a player was a failed investment, however I think he done more than anyone to change the dressing room atmosphere and get some professional practices and attitudes back into the place

Not really the team were shite when he was in the first team dressing room so can't see any evidence of where his positive influence was.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

"Beerschot now has a core of 23 players, including 15 Belgians. In terms of outgoing transfers, Blessing Eleke will in principle leave. There is concrete interest in the Nigerian striker."

It doesn't say which club. ☺

Looks like they are still short on strikers again.   They have received funds from sales, so have ability to buy a striker. 

Sounds familiar 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hearts 'needing a striker' has been the club mantra for as long as I can remember now.😂😂

Eggert Jonsson under Csaba or Haring/Morrison under Levein was pretty bad 🤦🏽

3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Not really the team were shite when he was in the first team dressing room so can't see any evidence of where his positive influence was.

You don’t think it’s much better now since he’s been around the club ?

gorgieheart

So.. just to summarise..

P@ss and moan about current staff / former players / coaches 

Point score by blatantly making up signings 

Have a pop at folk who disagree with you...

JKB in a nutshell

Anyhoo.... incomings/outgoings   ? 

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You don’t think it’s much better now since he’s been around the club ?

Things have been better for the last couple of seasons. 

Probably since Gordon Forrest joined. 

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yup, and a striker who scored 16 goals last season is ignored (yes I know peoples complaints is about him not finishing chances.)

You would think we had have learnt by now that it doesn't matter what position a player plays it all counts the same when they score. In 2005-6 season, agruably our greatest season for a long time, our top scorers were two midfielders who each scored 17. Only 1 striker (where we had two top class ones in Bednar and Jankauskus) got into double figures with 12.

Tasavallan

Looking forward to seeing "Damour" disappear from the title.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Looking forward to seeing "Damour" disappear from the title.

He doesn't even have the decency to leave thread titles quickly

Tasavallan
3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

He doesn't even have the decency to leave thread titles quickly

"Jesus Lives" or "Damour Departs"?  Which will last longer?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***