• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

john thomas
14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ross County were pushing for Europe last season. A club with a Highland league stadium and support. Tells you everything you need to know about the overall quality of our league.

Doesn't matter anyway because all that matters to most players is cash.

We might think we are a big draw but if the shitey English team offers more money then that's what the majority will want.

Not going to change finances , or any other perception (facts) re English football but 

Ross county average attendance 3800 , population dingwall 5500

Huddersfield average attendance 15500 , population 160000

15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Broadhead is a bit older he’s 24. Had a good season at Sunderland last year. 

Lewis Dobbin might be the other youve seen. 

6 minutes ago, CMc said:

Dobbins and Broadhead both strikers around same age that might get loaned out again. 

Dobbin was the guy I was thinking about. Saying that Broadhead looks like he could do a job too if available. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, dougal said:

Dobbin was the guy I was thinking about. Saying that Broadhead looks like he could do a job too if available. 

I’d be asking about Broadhead to be honest. 

Really good season at Sunderland last year and he’s in that age bracket where he’s not gonna break into Everton first team so could be a cheap moveable asset for them .

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s become pretty clear we need at least 1 sighing per week to stave off the madness.  

4 new players by the end of the month. 25 by Christmas. 100 by this time in 2 years!

What's not to like? 

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’d be asking about Broadhead to be honest. 

Really good season at Sunderland last year and he’s in that age bracket where he’s not gonna break into Everton first team so could be a cheap moveable asset for them .

Think you're right with that assessment. Hopefully the team have have a few irons in the fire with regards to forwards.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, dougal said:

Think you're right with that assessment. Hopefully the team have have a few irons in the fire with regards to forwards.

10 in 20 league games last year, good going. 

He did sign a 2 year extension in June last year, so will need to cough up for him. 

48 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Huddersfield were 1 game away from the English premiership last year? 😂 

I get that, but 10-15 years ago the idea that bloody Huddersfield and Bristol City were significant upgrades would've have been laughed at. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying it's ****ing depressing. 

WoodenHertz
11 hours ago, Mick from Oz said:

With all the problems Hearts seem to be having finding a striker, how about having a look at Nick D'Agostino.

If you look at his overall goals to games ratio it's not impressive, but he's a player who's improved a lot over the last year or two, probably as a result of Tony Popovic's influence, his manager at Perth & Melbourne.

Has recently broken into the Aussie squad as Rowles has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iydnc2JQWAU

Watched him a few weeks back on WyScout, impressed by him and would be a good addition provided we were actually looking at him. From what I remember he's slightly outperforming his xG which is a good sign too. You'd assume with our recent business in Australia we're at least aware of him. 

BackOfTheNet

Said before the Simms thing has all the signs of developing into a “saga”. And I really can’t be arsed with us being involved in any transfer saga. I’d bite my right arm off for us to have him on a permanent mind you, but at the expense of experiencing a damn saga?

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Said before the Simms thing has all the signs of developing into a “saga”. And I really can’t be arsed with us being involved in any transfer saga. I’d bite my right arm off for us to have him on a permanent mind you, but at the expense of experiencing a damn saga?

It’s a saga for us on here but I dare say the club were prepared for it and have 5 or 6 alternatives 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Looks to be a rehash of the sun article put up earlier. 

I wouldn't read The Sun ...

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I get that, but 10-15 years ago the idea that bloody Huddersfield and Bristol City were significant upgrades would've have been laughed at. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying it's ****ing depressing. 

Correct and the fact Joe Jordan left City to come up to Hearts proves that even if it was 30 years ago,to much money swirling about average teams down there 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just don't think about it.

innerjambo

So we need new strikers in the door, and should now concentrate our efforts away from Shankland and Simms. If either of them happen, it should be bonus. 

47 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Also you missed the bulk of the point, I wasn’t necessarily meaning quality. I was meaning stadium, pitch, facilities, fans, average attendances etc etc. 

All significantly better than the likes of Ross County, Killie, Motherwell, Dundee Utd. 

More to do with population base imo. 

Dingwall is a small town, little more than a village in fact. 

Most of the others are either towns with around 50k residents or small cities who have to share fan base with a rival. 

Trouble is Scotland is a small country and the fan base is skewed in favour of two clubs for reasons that have nothing to do with football. 

9 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Correct and the fact Joe Jordan left City to come up to Hearts proves that even if it was 30 years ago,to much money swirling about average teams down there 

TV money 💰 rules. 

RustyRightPeg

With how quiet everything is I wouldn’t be surprised if we were close to 1 or 2. There’s been no training videos since we came back from Spain which tells me there’s either trialists or faces we don’t want people to see. 

PapaShango
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

With how quiet everything is I wouldn’t be surprised if we were close to 1 or 2. There’s been no training videos since we came back from Spain which tells me there’s either trialists or faces we don’t want people to see. 

Would be good if we could get someone in this week and give them a run out on Saturday. I'm fairly confident we will be working on deals that aren't in the press. We have a budget and I don't think we are going to break that for anyone. 

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Time to send out the Oriam spies!

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The media team must have a few lieu days from their week in Portugal. 

EDIT: Spain rather. 

Edited by RDSK

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It’s a saga for us on here but I dare say the club were prepared for it and have 5 or 6 alternatives 

Thats the thing, the club (from Joe and Robbie) have always been the same about Simms, they would love him back but it would be difficult. So they would be mad just to be after him and Shankland. If I was putting on my conspiracy theory hat, it wouldn't surprise me if we are using Simms as a bit of a smokescreen, there has been informal chat with Everton but we are letting the press' focus being on Simms, keeping our main likely targets secret so we are more likely to get them.

scott herbertson

Thinking of coming down to the training from Birnam with a few of the lads

BURNHAM wood advances Blank Template - Imgflip

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Haha. Biting back with the scout because you got clamped before, nice one. 

If you’re asking me if I’ve ever watched Rogic the answer is obviously, don’t try use that against me. 

The reason I’m being averse to it is people are saying we should or shouldn’t break our wage structure for a 20 year old striker who we could sell on for 2/3/4 times our outlay. 

What’s the end game in us breaking it on a 29 year old who let’s be honest will have no interest in joining us, who will demand mega money, with little to no sell “profitable” sell on value in 2 years?

Mate. You were the one who ‘clamped’ when someone started to probe if your full of shite or not.

Anyway, that aside. Experienced high quality goal scoring midfielder already settled in Scotland who we can offer the top end of our so called wage structure to. Who knows what that now is right enough. He’ll also be desperate for game time before the WC. There’s no harm in making one phone call to ask the question ?

Edited by JimmyCant

PapaShango
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Experienced high quality goal scoring midfielder already settled in Scotland who we can offer the top end of our so called wage structure to. Who knows what that is right enough. He’ll also be desperate for game time before the WC. There’s no harm in making one phone call to ask the question ?

I would love Rogic but can't see it happening, think he will have offers that give him a much bigger wage than we can offer. Always worth enquiring about though, and maybe we have and been knocked back. 

The_razors_edge
17 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I’m there 9-4 Monday to Thursday next week. I’ll report back if I see anything or anyone 👍🏻

39 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s probably only a saga in here and in the media. In real life I imagine we’ve made one or two calls to Everton and we now know precisely what the situation is in terms of chances of getting him back. We will undoubtedly have a Plan B C and D, and it’s highly possible that Simms wasn’t Plan A in the clubs eyes anyway.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Norm said:

How ****ing far has Scottish football fallen that ****ing Huddersfield and Bristol ****ing City are seen as significant upgrades on quality. 

Ashton gate is a brilliant stadium, and holds 27k ffs. Bristol is a nice city also. 
Huddersfield have a good stadium too, 24k but might be in a shitehole. 
I think it’s the 6th richest league in the world so that’s the attraction it seems. 

9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Bringing the Oak with you ?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Mate. You were the one who ‘clamped’ when someone started to probe if your full of shite or not.

Anyway, that aside. Experienced high quality goal scoring midfielder already settled in Scotland who we can offer the top end of our so called wage structure to. Who knows what that now is right enough. He’ll also be desperate for game time before the WC. There’s no harm in making one phone call to ask the question ?

He would be a great signing but can’t see him playing for us, also injury prone. 

6 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I’m there 9-4 Monday to Thursday next week. I’ll report back if I see anything or anyone 👍🏻

No first team training today. Players having a family day before an intense week and a game tonight

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There is absolutely no way we can afford Rogic. None. 

It’s probably only a saga in here and in the media. In real life I imagine we’ve made one or two calls to Everton and we now know precisely what the situation is in terms of chances of getting him back. We will undoubtedly have a Plan B C and D, and it’s highly possible that Simms wasn’t Plan A in the clubs eyes anyway.

I’ll be honest I’m a little concerned, it’s two strikers we need and that’s not an easy position to fill once never mind twice. Was hoping Shankland and Simms would solve the problem and then I couldn’t really care if we didn’t make another signing. It’s not a position we really want to be on plan C or D with.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, bazman said:

Playing a game tonight remember 

Yeah but last season we were in early for light sessions and pre match before the games. 

On 05/07/2022 at 21:06, RustyRightPeg said:

There is absolutely no way we can afford Rogic. None. 

Wages in the A League aren't that high.

The_razors_edge

No first team training today. Players having a family day before an intense week and a game tonight

I’m there from 11th-14th July so hopefully some more action to see 

28 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

On my way. 

Driving.thumb.jpg.0ae4a5764e60b2f1283de6fd3d2a2460.jpg

Sub4TiddlerMurray
13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Birnam Wood will never come to Tynecastle!

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Wages in the A League aren't that high.

Doesn’t matter. We are not going to overpay for a 29 year old that will have absolutely no interest in coming to us.

The fact he was on the verge of a move to Indonesia makes the settled in Scotland point redundant as it’s pretty evident he wants to be closer to home.  

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’ll be honest I’m a little concerned, it’s two strikers we need and that’s not an easy position to fill once never mind twice. Was hoping Shankland and Simms would solve the problem and then I couldn’t really care if we didn’t make another signing. It’s not a position we really want to be on plan C or D with.

True

But I'd wager Forrest coult be top scorer. 

On 05/07/2022 at 21:11, RustyRightPeg said:

Doesn’t matter. We are not going to overpay for a 29 year old that will have absolutely no interest in coming to us.

The fact he was on the verge of a move to Indonesia makes the settled in Scotland point redundant as it’s pretty evident he wants to be closer to home.  

You said we couldn't afford him and now you reckon he's homesick. Is that you Tom.....?

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

True

But I'd wager Forrest coult be top scorer. 

Possibly but Boyce Henderson and Forrest won’t have too many defenders quaking in their boots. As it stands top scorer is a low bar 😬

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***