*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

We have to remember also despite the European money we aint played any Euro ties yet so that money aint in our bank yet.

I could be wrong but I don’t think it’s paid until the following September, the TV money certainly was. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Telford_jambo123

The seethe when mckenzie kirk is on the bench next season will be funny. In all seriousness it boggles my mind people moaning about having to play boyce despite scoring 15 goals last season

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

The seethe when mckenzie kirk is on the bench next season will be funny. In all seriousness it boggles my mind people moaning about having to play boyce despite scoring 15 goals last season

The stuff on Boyce is merited though. He could have easily had 20+ this season but his complacency and decision making when provided glaring chances was very frustrating 

however he still has a place in this team and we are better with him in it. It’s not panic stations as we have a recognised goal scorer and have added quality up too and in midfield. But another striker is needed for numbers at least 

Telford_jambo123
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The stuff on Boyce is merited though. He could have easily had 20+ this season but his complacency and decision making when provided glaring chances was very frustrating 

however he still has a place in this team and we are better with him in it. It’s not panic stations as we have a recognised goal scorer and have added quality up too and in midfield. But another striker is needed for numbers at least 

Technically with the signings of Forrest and grant we only need to sign one striker as ginelly has proved he can lead the line 

Naisys Tackle
31 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

When did we sign the boy from The Office? 

frankblack
19 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

Technically with the signings of Forrest and grant we only need to sign one striker as ginelly has proved he can lead the line 

Not sure I'd agree with that bit

1 hour ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Foul is Fair and Fair is Foul … the refs motto in the Old Firms favour whenever they come to play us!

Great post which succinctly sums it up. 👍

I like a wee 'highbrow' post, so I do.

As lifted from elsewhere (with my additions in [ ]s):-

"When the line "fair is foul and foul is fair" is used today, it is often used in reference to someone who appears good, trustworthy, and genuine [Scottish Referees]; but who is not - looks can be deceiving. This idea is often repeated in reference to public figures, such as politicians, who have a public persona that does not match who they really are [Again, Scottish Referees; oh, and line refs also]."

Every club outwith the so-called OF have similar tales to tell, but witnessing a not given offside call at Tynie v The Rangers when we caught them cold on an offside trap with 3 of their players clearly off-side, and that one where the rules were made up on the spot to stop play when the opposing player fell over (nae head knock) whilst we had clear advantage? 

Och, you know ...

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Does that mean later deals? Or are we able to get who we want on loan sorted quite quickly?

Later. 

innerjambo
30 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

Nope, technically we need at least 2 new strikers to avoid going backwards. 

17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

When did we sign the boy from The Office? 

You're getting mixed up with Mackenzie Crook. Mind you, he could help Joe & Robbie unearth a few hidden gems. 🙃

Screenshot_20220705-174844_Google.jpg

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You're getting mixed up with Mackenzie Crook. Mind you, he could help Joe & Robbie unearth a few hidden gems. 🙃

:lol: He's more suited to Easter Road with the David Brent tribute act is manager. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
15 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Later. 

Without being a drama Queen - less than ideal when our strike force is currently weaker than it was at the end of last season…

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Excellent in Jerusalem which I saw last week.

Dunno what he is like in the box?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not sure I'd agree with that bit

I think ginelly is ok but I agree.

He has proven he can lead the line against St Johnstone. Arguably.

The off-season is always ****ing chronic on here :lol: 

Buckle up and enjoy the ride.  The match thread for the friendly tonight will attract the usual crowd, especially if we're not 3-0 up by half time!

33 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Great post which succinctly sums it up. 👍

I like a wee 'highbrow' post, so I do.

As lifted from elsewhere (with my additions in [ ]s):-

"When the line "fair is foul and foul is fair" is used today, it is often used in reference to someone who appears good, trustworthy, and genuine [Scottish Referees]; but who is not - looks can be deceiving. This idea is often repeated in reference to public figures, such as politicians, who have a public persona that does not match who they really are [Again, Scottish Referees; oh, and line refs also]."

Every club outwith the so-called OF have similar tales to tell, but witnessing a not given offside call at Tynie v The Rangers when we caught them cold on an offside trap with 3 of their players clearly off-side, and that one where the rules were made up on the spot to stop play when the opposing player fell over (nae head knock) whilst we had clear advantage? 

Och, you know ...

Evens itself out over the season

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, briever said:

You need a larger sample to make that accusation.

It’s the fantasy world of the interweb 

People talk crap

Me included!

16 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

:lol: He's more suited to Easter Road with the David Brent tribute act is manager. 

To be fair, it's a toss-up between David Brent and Lee Johnson as to who would provide us with the most entertainment. They both demonstrate top class dancin' moves ... and are unlikely to top good ol' Terry Butcher and his Green & White Army.

Screenshot_20220705-180812_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220705-180949_Gallery.jpg

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Excellent in Jerusalem which I saw last week.

Dunno what he is like in the box?

All at sea 

23919CED-86C8-4619-A058-73C02EF01B05.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

To be fair, it's a toss-up between David Brent and Lee Johnson as to who would provide us with the most entertainment. They both demonstrate top class dancin' moves ... and are unlikely to top good ol' Terry Butcher and his Green & White Army.

Screenshot_20220705-180812_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220705-180949_Gallery.jpg

I think he might give Butcher a run for his money tbh 🤞.

2 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

So JKB has gone from Joe Savage best in the business and doing a great job 

to

Mad Joe oot!!

Our fans really are the gift that keeps on giving 

No they haven't. 

25 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Without being a drama Queen - less than ideal when our strike force is currently weaker than it was at the end of last season…

Patience. 

Only getting a fixed 6 figure fee for Hickey according to Barry Anderson, which confirms that rumour.

"The Tynecastle club’s sporting director Joe Savage confirmed to this newspaper in May that the Hickey deal stipulates Bologna must forward a certain portion from any future sale. The Evening News has learned that amount is a pre-agreed six-figure sum which will now be wired to Hearts’ bank account."

Whoever agreed that needs fired into the sun.

Edited by DC_92

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, DC_92 said:

Only getting a fixed 6 figure fee for Hickey according to Barry Anderson, which confirms that rumour.

[Quote]The Tynecastle club’s sporting director Joe Savage confirmed to this newspaper in May that the Hickey deal stipulates Bologna must forward a certain portion from any future sale. The Evening News has learned that amount is a pre-agreed six-figure sum which will now be wired to Hearts’ bank account.[/quote]

Savage also told fans it was a %.

Somebody is bullshitting.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Savage also told fans it was a %.

Somebody is bullshitting.

I would suggest that alerting the media we have several million to spend is probably bad for business. Far smarter to talk shite, play it down and plead poverty. 

I suppose, we'll find out in the annual accounts? 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I would suggest that alerting the media we have several million to spend is probably bad for business. Far smarter to talk shite, play it down and plead poverty. 

I suppose, we'll find out in the annual accounts? 

This

If someone agreed a fixed fee they need sacked. Hope it's just to stop people overcharging us.

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

"The Tynecastle club’s sporting director Joe Savage confirmed to this newspaper in May that the Hickey deal stipulates Bologna must forward a certain portion from any future sale. The Evening News has learned that amount is a pre-agreed six-figure sum which will now be wired to Hearts’ bank account."

Jim Jeffries. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Trialist starting tonight 

Joe Wright? But i wouldn’t have thought he was up to matches based on recent reports.

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Trialist starting tonight 

It wont be a forward - we have ONE.

Probably a defender - we only have FIFTY!!!

1 minute ago, db211833 said:

Joe Wright? But i wouldn’t have thought he was up to matches based on recent reports.

Possibly as there seems to be no out-and-out CD in the line-up.

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

It wont be a forward - we have ONE.

Probably a defender - we only have FIFTY!!!

Wearing number 6, a CB I think based on the line up. 

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Jayden Ferguson?

Probably yes. 

RustyRightPeg

If Wright wasn’t fit enough to join up in Spain I hardly doubt he’s gonna be fit to play less than a week later and on a plastic pitch. 

johnking123
18 minutes ago, CMc said:

We ever had a better trialist than Rudi in that Middlesbrough game?

Takis Fyssas was not to shabby

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Sort of hard to see who we're going to get in: 

Shankland, stumbling block with the fee. Dundee Utd since Beerschot owe them £500k still can effectively offer a lesser fee (if any at all) and just need to compete with us on wages.

Simms, wage wise and transfer fee wise too much. 

If not Shankland, and if not Simms, who else could we go for? 

Paterson keeps coming to mind, but appreciate folk think he's regressed and isn't the player of 2015 anymore. 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sort of hard to see who we're going to get in: 

Shankland, stumbling block with the fee. Dundee Utd since Beerschot owe them £500k still can effectively offer a lesser fee (if any at all) and just need to compete with us on wages.

Simms, wage wise and transfer fee wise too much. 

If not Shankland, and if not Simms, who else could we go for? 

Paterson keeps coming to mind, but appreciate folk think he's regressed and isn't the player of 2015 anymore. 

It's more than likely going to be players we've not heard of. We hadn't heard of Simms this time last year. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***