*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

I'm sure martin o'Neill, signed momo sylla from st Johnston, just so he couldn't score,  another 30 yarder winner against Celtic😂

Fernandes from Livi was another one, Scot Allan being another. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Hectormasson
39 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He's nowhere near as good as Bassey. He will move to the EPL and Souttar will partner Goldson.

Ditto , totally agree...

millerjames398
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fernandes from Livi was another one, Scot Allan being another. 

Had forgot about Fernandez, I'm sure he got a few games for them though, momo got stuck in footballing Siberia after he signed,,almost like a punishment, for having the cheek to score against Celtic 😂

3 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Had forgot about Fernandez, I'm sure he got a few games for them though, momo got stuck in footballing Siberia after he signed,,almost like a punishment, for having the cheek to score against Celtic 😂

They'd still be doing this if they could get away with it, now players and go down south get first team football and the same wage the old firm would pay them. Not helping the rest of us but at least they can’t play that game anymore.

34 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Just “Nice”…. Not “happy”, not “delighted”, not even “great” to be back. Just “Nice”!

😉

I.e save me Hearts from my Everton hell 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Kinda, Fernandes played 20 games in three years and Sylla 47 in 4 years if wiki is correct. So many others too. 

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Sounds like that's exactly what happened. 

Strange, because he seemed capable enough.  Not too many brainfarts, and a big solid lad. Could be financial, could just be that we thought we could do better. 

Each to their own. Mediocre is about as kind as you could be. Defo expect us to be aiming higher. Wasn't worth a wage. 

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Sounds like that's exactly what happened. 

Strange, because he seemed capable enough.  Not too many brainfarts, and a big solid lad. Could be financial, could just be that we thought we could do better. 

Each to their own. Mediocre is about as kind as you could be. Defo expect us to be aiming higher. Wasn't worth a wage. 

2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

It’s certainly not delusional to say that this has happened many times over the years. Both of the OF clubs used to sign players who were standouts for other SPL sides, even when they had no real intention of playing them regularly. They could usually rely on the media and the bank to pressure their club to sell them cheaply, and it was clearly part of the plan that it stopped other teams from building sides capable of a sustained challenge.

We’ve seen less of this in recent years, but I still suspect part of the reason Rangers* signed Souttar was to ‘show us who was boss’.

It happened years ago, but hasn't done so for a very long time. And they signed Soutar on a free because he's a very good player 

Don't get how Rangers taking players from other Scottish teams is any different to us doing it 

Simply the pecking order.

1 hour ago, hmfc_steve said:

Is that not riccarton 🌲 in the background 😁

No its the pentlands, but not sure if they are on the correct side.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, db211833 said:

It happened years ago, but hasn't done so for a very long time. And they signed Soutar on a free because he's a very good player 

They did it with Greg Stewart barely a couple of years ago.

Celtic tried it with Hickey.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Don't get how Rangers taking players from other Scottish teams is any different to us doing it 

It’s how you do it though, as Savage alluded to when he told Livi we were talking to Forrest. Twice in two years Rangers have signed a player from another club on a pre contract before telling the club, Scott Wright last year, he’s not played a hell of a lot for them. 

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

We do it to play these players. The Old Filth do it often with no other intent than to deprive teams of good players and use them as bench fillers.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Definitely, the coaching staff obviously agree. 

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, Homme said:

Correct.  Nielson and Soapy in the frst place show this. 

10 minutes ago, Homme said:

It isn’t any different, providing you actually intend to play the player afterwards. There were a bunch of players who the OF signed up in the past and then never put in the team. As I said earlier, that happens a lot less these days. Time will tell whether they signed Souttar as a starter or not.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s how you do it though, as Savage alluded to when he told Livi we were talking to Forrest. Twice in two years Rangers have signed a player from another club on a pre contract before telling the club, Scott Wright last year, he’s not played a hell of a lot for them. 

Hes been out a lot with injury.  Ryan Jack has done well enough.  They are a level above what we are trying to achieve. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Doc Rob said:

It isn’t any different, providing you actually intend to play the player afterwards. There were a bunch of players who the OF signed up in the past and then never put in the team. As I said earlier, that happens a lot less these days. Time will tell whether they signed Souttar as a starter or not.

Back in the day aye - now not really. 

Clark Griswold
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

At least we know where he is today.

Who’s that?

19 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We do it to play these players. The Old Filth do it often with no other intent than to deprive teams of good players and use them as bench fillers.

They don't though.

KyleLafferty
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hearts spoke to Forrest before his contract ended. 

jambopilms

It will be weeks before Everton decide what to do with him. Literally first day of pre season for them

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hes been out a lot with injury.  Ryan Jack has done well enough.  They are a level above what we are trying to achieve. 

Sounds familiar, not seen much of him tbh but he looks like a player with a lot of potential. 
Jack injured a lot too. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

It will be weeks before Everton decide what to do with him. Literally first day of pre season for them

Yeah I truly think it'll be an August transfer for Simms if it's to happen. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Hearts spoke to Forrest before his contract ended. 

Is that not what I said? Unlike Rangers we informed Livi that we were going to do so, we didn’t know Souttar has signed for them until they announced it. Classy move from them and him. 

4 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

I'm just guessing but I would imagine he would have loved to stay for another season. The fact he not back at Hearts is down to Hearts and not Taylor Moore. 

Absolutely.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

They’ve asked Chelsea about Broja today according to SSN, if they’re going to rely on Simms they might well struggle again.

Ironic isn't it. 

We were stuck with Damour for over 3 years. Now it looks like we're going to be stuck with him again in the thread title, for another few weeks.

Please just sign anyone Hearts..please!!!

20 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Who’s that?

It's quite poor Hearts should have had 2 strikers in by now, other team's don't seem to have that problem especially now when we are going to be in Europe, why are we just hoping that we get simms and shanklands it's been a position we have really struggled to fill for a good few years now.

jamboinglasgow

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9109243/hearts-lose-out-ellis-simms-transfer/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ScottishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1656970485-1

The Sun reporting we are looking likely to miss out on Simms. Everton want to sell him rather than loan him out, we can afford the fee for him which is £500k, but he has a five figure wage which is a stumbling block for us and Championship clubs are after him.

They also confirm Rangers are not after him.

Did think the fee would have been higher but a poster on here did say that the wage demands would be the main issue 

Disappointing that our two main forward targets don't look like they'll be coming. Bit worried if all we've got is Boyce. 

PhoenixHearts

I know we dont want to upset the apple cart here but surely there's something creative we can do to meet his wage demands, maybe like bonuses or something?

That fee is way more affordable than we'd all thought.

Was reported earlier in the year that Duncan Ferguson had a good relationship with us and that was influential in getting Beni and Simms.

Ferguson therefore leaving isn’t going to help either.

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Did think the fee would have been higher but a poster on here did say that the wage demands would be the main issue 

I’d posted previously, at the FOH AGM months ago, Savage said we could never sign Simms permanently because of his wages. ‘Different planet’ was the term he used if I remember rightly.

Another loan was always the only option we had.

If Everton are looking to sell, then that boat has sailed and it’s on to plan C and D!

Jambo 4 Ever
13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Simms will be a Hearts player. 

Are you sure?

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9109243/hearts-lose-out-ellis-simms-transfer/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ScottishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1656970485-1

The Sun reporting we are looking likely to miss out on Simms. Everton want to sell him rather than loan him out, we can afford the fee for him which is £500k, but he has a five figure wage which is a stumbling block for us and Championship clubs are after him.

They also confirm Rangers are not after him.

Doesn’t sound like we will

sign him then 

LarrysRightFoot

Not great news but I wouldn’t say it’s dead in the water yet. 

Im sure there would be ways of structuring a deal, basic wage, performance related bonuses, signing on fee, % of future sale etc. 

Itll depend on who the Championship teams interested in him are as well - if it’s Norwich, WBA, Watford et al I’d say we have no chance. If it’s Millwall or Rotherham who knows.  

500k is very reasonable. 10k a week for 2 years and selling him for 1.5m is doable. Break even on the deal but have his services for the 2 years. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

500k is very reasonable. 10k a week for 2 years and selling him for 1.5m is doable. Break even on the deal but have his services for the 2 years. 

Except we’d probably have to sell him after 1 to get value. 

Once he’s in his last year we’d struggle to get good value. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

If we had Simms for 2 years and sold him for less than diver Boyle then I'd eat my hat.

Howdy Doody Jambo
6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Then how many other players in the team will want £10k a week, time to move, Joe will have a few other targets in his book 

I’d resigned myself to the idea we would only get him back on loan if anything. Unless he’s like Beni and happy to sign for a bit on reduced wages then a permanent deals never happening. We move on. 
however it’s the sun reporting so I’m not necessarily taking that as gospel.

Edited by 1971fozzy

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***