*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Just now, Pap said:

Playing at Dens twice a season. Fir Park and the rest of the shit holes here. I'd take Luton, Wigan, Blackpool and Reading once a season anytime.

The Championship is infinitely a better league to play and learn.

Bigger crowds. Better quality of players. Play each other twice a season. No daft league split and you will earn better money.

The split is shite and teh number of times we play each other is shite

Games in Europe games vs Rangers and Celtic and the Edinburgh derby are far more attractive propositions than Luton Blackpool Wigan and Reading

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Rogic could be the "big" name that has been teased about. Would certainly bring some quality.

He's Australian so ticks all the boxes.

He's out our league but we should atleast have a chat to him.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think Hibs will be a better side this year than last but that is not really the attraction when it comes to using them as an attraction for playing for us next season it is more the occasion that is the derby ........................ most players would probably prefer that to the closest he could manage in the championship which would be West Brom vs Birmingham at a quick glance

The European games are a different competition but one we will be in that no championship clubs will be in so Hearts in Europe can count that as a feather in our cap compared to signing for a Championship team

The Championship has some good teams and games in it for sure but they have no teams as good as Rangers and Celtic and no European matches so I would still argue that it is not a higher level for a player than Hearts in Europe next season

If you bring in European competitions you need to acknowledge the FA Cup, League Cup and play offs at Wembley. The English Championship overall has a far better all round package to offer players. Also worth noting that most teams in the Scottish Premiership don't have an Edinburgh Derby or UEFA football until Xmas. That's confusing the attractiveness of Hearts and the quality of the Scottish Premiership.

1 minute ago, Leisham38 said:

A Colombian striker, I don’t care if you’ve completely made this up. An exciting rumour, I like it

Checks Twitter and sees he is about to sign for Hull.

Exciting for about 90secs

18 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Championship isn’t a higher level, what they have that we don’t though is money, or at least more of it. 

Exactly ! 

Unbelievable the money that very ordinary players can earn down there. 

The current Hearts team would hold their own in that league and that's without the financial advantage that the likes of Stoke, QPR other middle of the road English Champiinship teams have. 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Games in Europe games vs Rangers and Celtic and the Edinburgh derby are far more attractive propositions than Luton Blackpool Wigan and Reading

Nah. Theres some cracking games in the Championship. 

And its shite to say but regardless of how big games are against Celtic and Rangers. We more often lose to them.

Plus we could be papped out of Europe just after Christmas. Especially if we get decent teams.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you bring in European competitions you need to acknowledge the FA Cup, League Cup and play offs at Wembley. The English Championship overall has a far better all round package to offer players. Also worth noting that most teams in the Scottish Premiership don't have an Edinburgh Derby or UEFA football until Xmas. That's confusing the attractiveness of Hearts and the quality of the Scottish Premiership.

That is what I was arguing though that the Championship is not a higher level than Hearts in Europe .................... maybe I could have termed it better but my point is that I think playing for Hearts in a season where we have group stages of Europe to add to our domestic calendar is better than playing in teh second tier of England in terms of attractiveness and quality 

jambopilms
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Your being selective. The majority of our games are against shite teams with no support and balance the books by selling their stadium to the old firm.

We play Ross County, St Johnstone, Livingston, St Mirren, Kilmarnock up to 4 times each potentially more with the cups.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Thats a better way of explaining it than i did 👍

Batistuta87

Sonny Perkins? 

Looking like he'll sign for another EPL club but would imagine he'll go out on loan. 

Mr Elwood P

That is what I was arguing though that the Championship is not a higher level than Hearts in Europe .................... maybe I could have termed it better but my point is that I think playing for Hearts in a season where we have group stages of Europe to add to our domestic calendar is better than playing in teh second tier of England in terms of attractiveness and quality 

Hearts this season are a very attractive proposition but if it comes down to £5k a week or £10k a week those extra incentives won't really count for much. It also depends on the Championship team. Ryan Christie went to Bournemouth as he saw it as a route to the EPL. Ryan Christie wouldn't have given Hearts a 2nd thought ...

Just read Tom Rogic's move to Indonesian team has fallen through, and now rumours he'll return to the A League. Great player and only 29. Scored a couple of decent goals against us......

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Exactly ! 

Unbelievable the money that very ordinary players can earn down there. 

The current Hearts team would hold their own in that league and that's without the financial advantage that the likes of Stoke, QPR other middle of the road English Champiinship teams have. 

You’re being very picky with the teams you choose as the negatives in the English championship. The positives far outweigh the negatives on that front, there’s some fantastic stadiums and fan bases in that league. 

We play away to Killie, Ross County, St Mirren and Livi at least twice a season. Not to mention the dreadful plastic pitches too. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Section Q said:

Just read Tom Rogic's move to Indonesian team has fallen through, and now rumours he'll return to the A League. Great player and only 29. Scored a couple of decent goals against us......

please don’t start this again 😂

1 minute ago, Pap said:

And its shite to say but regardless of how big games are against Celtic and Rangers. We more often lose to them.

Plus we could be papped out of Europe just after Christmas. Especially if we get decent teams.

What are these cracking games in the championship that involve better teams than Rangers and Celtic

If he played for a team that would be playing against the better teams in the Championship then he will probably lost to them

Just after Christmas is half a season pretty much how often is he going to be playing good teams in the Championship

Sorry but i think taht you and a great many others vastly over state the attractiveness of that division and vastly understate what playing for Hearts next season could be 

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Your being selective. The majority of our games are against shite teams with no support and balance the books by selling their stadium to the old firm.

We play Ross County, St Johnstone, Livingston, St Mirren, Kilmarnock up to 4 times each potentially more with the cups.

i am being no more selective than those arguing the alternative and talking up the big games he would play down south while ignoring the bang average ones

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hearts this season are a very attractive proposition but if it comes down to £5k a week or £10k a week those extra incentives won't really count for much. It also depends on the Championship team. Ryan Christie went to Bournemouth as he saw it as a route to the EPL. Ryan Christie wouldn't have given Hearts a 2nd thought ...

I do not disagree with any of that

On 05/07/2022 at 18:54, RustyRightPeg said:

please don’t start this again 😂

Didn't know it had been talked about. I'm in Oz at the moment.

RustyRightPeg

i am being no more selective than those arguing the alternative and talking up the big games he would play down south while ignoring the bang average ones

Blackburn, Bristol City, Burnley, Cardiff, Coventry, Huddersfield, Hull, Middlesborough, Millwall (if you’re into that type of thing), Norwich, Sheffield United, Stoke, Sunderland, Watford and West Brom are all significant upgrades on the games he’d play here out with the old firm. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

From the second he walked off the pitch on the last day of the season at Celtic park, the “do a job for us brigade” were out in force. 

On 05/07/2022 at 18:57, Section Q said:

AFL PLAYER wages for the 2021 season increased 38 per cent on the COVID-19-ravaged 2020 year, with the average salary for a listed player rising to $372,224. Three players received more than $1.2 million last year. Six earned more than $1 million.14 Feb 2022

9 minutes ago, Pap said:

Our last guaranteed European game is the first week of November just before the WC break. 

What might be an idea would be to take a couple of decent looking EPL fringe players on loan until January 

Art Garfunkle Jr

Is there any truth to all this talk about rogic, or are we just thinking he’d be a good signing for us ?

40 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I’m with you in that minority. European football and a packed out stadium are far greater attractions. 

It's the choice you have as a youngster. Money isn't a factor for all the players. Can understand the challenge of the English Championship too. 

4 minutes ago, Art Garfunkle Jr said:

Is there any truth to all this talk about rogic, or are we just thinking he’d be a good signing for us ?

Some posters on here are on cloud cookoo land , absolutely fantasists.

Yes he's a great player and available but just how are we going to afford the wages he can still command 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Blackburn, Bristol City, Burnley, Cardiff, Coventry, Huddersfield, Hull, Middlesborough, Millwall (if you’re into that type of thing), Norwich, Sheffield United, Stoke, Sunderland, Watford and West Brom are all significant upgrades on the games he’d play here out with the old firm. 

All right we get the picture. 

Scottish football is rubbish and Hearts would be lucky to survive in League One. 

Who needs Neil Doncaster when you've got JKB 😏

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Scottish football is rubbish and Hearts would be lucky to survive in League One. 

I don’t like talking down on our game, but until something drastically changes at the top and there’s a restructure or some mega money pushed into it from somewhere it’s just the facts. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Odd to mention óscar estupiñán 

Apparently terms agreed with Hull yesterday.

The type of player we should be looking at.

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

From the second he walked off the pitch on the last day of the season at Celtic park, the “do a job for us brigade” were out in force. 

To quote yourself lately ‘ have you ever actually watched and analysed him closely ?’

Rogic, if we were able to get him in for a reasonable wage, would be our best outfield player by a distance. The only real issue being his fitness record.

He would do a job for us. Don’t see how that can possibly be disputed by a professional scout

12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Odd to mention óscar estupiñán 

Apparently terms agreed with Hull yesterday.

The poster who mentioned it makes things up regularly. 

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

To quote yourself lately ‘ have you ever actually watched and analysed him closely ?’

Rogic, if we were able to get him in for a reasonable wage, would be our best outfield player by a distance. The only real issue being his fitness record.

He would do a job for us. Don’t see how that can possibly be disputed by a professional scout

Haha. Biting back with the scout because you got clamped before, nice one. 

If you’re asking me if I’ve ever watched Rogic the answer is obviously, don’t try use that against me. 

The reason I’m being averse to it is people are saying we should or shouldn’t break our wage structure for a 20 year old striker who we could sell on for 2/3/4 times our outlay. 

What’s the end game in us breaking it on a 29 year old who let’s be honest will have no interest in joining us, who will demand mega money, with little to no sell “profitable” sell on value in 2 years?

27 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

How ****ing far has Scottish football fallen that ****ing Huddersfield and Bristol ****ing City are seen as significant upgrades on quality. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Norm said:

How ****ing far has Scottish football fallen that ****ing Huddersfield and Bristol ****ing City are seen as significant upgrades on quality. 

Huddersfield were 1 game away from the English premiership last year? 😂 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Also you missed the bulk of the point, I wasn’t necessarily meaning quality. I was meaning stadium, pitch, facilities, fans, average attendances etc etc. 

All significantly better than the likes of Ross County, Killie, Motherwell, Dundee Utd. 

jambopilms

Ross County were pushing for Europe last season. A club with a Highland league stadium and support. Tells you everything you need to know about the overall quality of our league.

Doesn't matter anyway because all that matters to most players is cash.

We might think we are a big draw but if the shitey English team offers more money then that's what the majority will want.

Can feel a wee out of the blue event today with a player that has not been mentioned ......................... hope so any way because it is so easy to get dragged off topic on here when there is not much to actually discuss signing wise

If Simms isn't an option any more didn't someone earlier post about another Everton forward who's younger but in a similar mold to Simms. I don't recall the name but does anyone know anything about him??

Rogue Daddy
18 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Thing is Dug, it's just unfortunate that we're England's neighbour when it comes to football. We'll always be compared to the leagues down south because we share a border... it used to be the Premiere League but the funds involved are obscene, so then it moved to the Championship... and their funds are now obscene also due to parachute payments etc... so now we're onto League 1 as a comparison. I dare say it'll be skewed as much as the rest, given a few years... it's just not a fair comparison.

And then we have Dungcaster, who's job description is keeping Scottish Football firmly planted where it is, absolutely no forward momentum allowed. 2 teams must continue to dominate at all costs and do everything possible to stop a challenge from anyone else. The flaw in this plan is that they're getting left behind as much as the rest if we're comparing ourselves to England.

I wish we could just ignore English football and compare ourselves to Scandinavian countries, for instance. To quote my young daughter, English football is 'plastic'.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, dougal said:

If Simms isn't an option any more didn't someone earlier post about another Everton forward who's younger but in a similar mold to Simms. I don't recall the name but does anyone know anything about him??

Broadhead is a bit older he’s 24. Had a good season at Sunderland last year. 

Lewis Dobbin might be the other youve seen. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can feel a wee out of the blue event today with a player that has not been mentioned ......................... hope so any way because it is so easy to get dragged off topic on here when there is not much to actually discuss signing wise

Social media has been very quiet last couple of days…….

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, feej said:

Transfers state of play

Objectives

- quality, sign better than we have,

- European experience needed

Better quality than we have/had  - too early to judge

European experience - not met

Eight weeks to go so let's hope these objectives are met.

FTFY!

Jambo in Bathgate
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ross County were pushing for Europe last season. A club with a Highland league stadium and support. Tells you everything you need to know about the overall quality of our league.

Doesn't matter anyway because all that matters to most players is cash.

We might think we are a big draw but if the shitey English team offers more money then that's what the majority will want.

It’s called economy of scale. More viewers more TV money. 

6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Social media has been very quiet last couple of days…….

It has 🙂 

10 minutes ago, dougal said:

Dobbins and Broadhead both strikers around same age that might get loaned out again. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***