*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

According to salary sport he was only on 1300pw last year.  Anthony Gordon is on 10k pw and he plays every week. so can't imagine Ellis would be on that much.  5k seems about right.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

41 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9109243/hearts-lose-out-ellis-simms-transfer/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ScottishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1656970485-1

The Sun reporting we are looking likely to miss out on Simms. Everton want to sell him rather than loan him out, we can afford the fee for him which is £500k, but he has a five figure wage which is a stumbling block for us and Championship clubs are after him.

They also confirm Rangers are not after him.

Have to wonder who their source is. 

Presumably Ellis’ agent. 

This would fit with the “we won’t be bowing to ridiculous demands” chat. 

If it is his agent, you have to wonder why he’s leaking a story to the Sun. Presumably not because he’s got a £10k plus offer from a suitable club. 

story has to either be mischief from the huns or the agent trying to rustle up some more offers, right?

Mick from Oz

With all the problems Hearts seem to be having finding a striker, how about having a look at Nick D'Agostino.

If you look at his overall goals to games ratio it's not impressive, but he's a player who's improved a lot over the last year or two, probably as a result of Tony Popovic's influence, his manager at Perth & Melbourne.

Has recently broken into the Aussie squad as Rowles has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iydnc2JQWAU

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Kinda, Fernandes played 20 games in three years and Sylla 47 in 4 years if wiki is correct. So many others too. 

Did sylla really play that many?..time ****s with the memory, i thought he played a cpl games, in 1 or 2 seasons and was then papped out, and I thought Fernandez done a decent job..looks like he never got a sniff😂

2 minutes ago, Mick from Oz said:

With all the problems Hearts seem to be having finding a striker, how about having a look at Nick D'Agostino.

If you look at his overall goals to games ratio it's not impressive, but he's a player who's improved a lot over the last year or two, probably as a result of Tony Popovic's influence, his manager at Perth & Melbourne.

Good player on the up too 👍🏻

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

They'd still be doing this if they could get away with it, now players and go down south get first team football and the same wage the old firm would pay them. Not helping the rest of us but at least they can’t play that game anymore.

That is one positive,,rather players left to chance their luck down south, than go to one of the uglies and sit on the bench/come back to haunt us..

Aussie Jambo
5 minutes ago, Mick from Oz said:

🤔

Cant see us buying anymore from here. Be good though as a great player. 

18 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Then how many other players in the team will want £10k a week, time to move, Joe will have a few other targets in his book 

This is the difficulty. 

Perhaps we can be creative but there is only so much creative you can be. The Mueller situation at Hibs for example was a cluster**** for their morale. 

Maybe making him highest paid player with a tidy goal bonus and a chunky % of a sell on fee might get us talking?

Armageddon

We will use the Hickey money to cover his wages.  3 year deal, sell after 2, give him 20% of the fee we receive.

Get it done.

AlphonseCapone

Going to be a lot of pant wetting if that Simms chat is true. I expect lots of folk acting like we won't have thought this was a possibility and won't have any other plans just because there hasn't been other names in the media, despite that being our modus operandi recently. 

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Oh. Everton looking to sell rather than loan according to this and we can't afford his wages.

Ach he was shite anyway. Only 7 goals FFS! ::troll::

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Going to be a lot of pant wetting if that Simms chat is true. I expect lots of folk acting like we won't have thought this was a possibility and won't have any other plans just because there hasn't been other names in the media, despite that being our modus operandi recently. 

Yep. Aside from quoting a fee, there is nothing in the article that Neilson didn't already say several weeks ago. We're very unlikely to get him because his Everton wages are relatively huge and there are Championship teams in for him willing to get closer to them.

Obviously we'll try to sign him, but there's no danger all our eggs were going in this basket.

Naisys Tackle

Perfect solution for West Brom or Stoke.  £500k for Ellis or Shankland though?  No brainer.

After the good loan up here can see why Everton would want to sell now stocks high.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Did sylla really play that many?..time ****s with the memory, i thought he played a cpl games, in 1 or 2 seasons and was then papped out, and I thought Fernandez done a decent job..looks like he never got a sniff😂

I think he started ok, at RWB then fell out of favour for some reason. 

Pasquale for King

I think we’ve proved that we can source good players, also that guys can do well on loan up here and get a decent move if Simms moves to a big championship club. 
Onwards and upwards. 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think we’ve proved that we can source good players, also that guys can do well on loan up here and get a decent move if Simms moves to a big championship club. 
Onwards and upwards. 

If Simms leaves to the Championship its short term kick in the baws but long term will be a very attractive pathway for other/better players. 

InternationalJambo
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Oh. Everton looking to sell rather than loan according to this and we can't afford his wages.

Agents punting tosh to the press to increase clients wage demands… shock. Millwall ffs 🤦🏻

Edited by InternationalJambo

Famous 1874

Surely we could push the boat out and match his current wage at say 10k a week?

Would defo be worth the investment. 

Benefactor backing, prize money from last season, FOH payments, upcoming European cash and the Hickey sell on fee. 

We’re raking in the cash. Our wage structure is going to increase too over time. 

InternationalJambo
27 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If Simms leaves to the Championship its short term kick in the baws but long term will be a very attractive pathway for other/better players. 

😂😂

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surely we could push the boat out and match his current wage at say 10k a week?

Would defo be worth the investment. 

Benefactor backing, prize money from last season, FOH payments, upcoming European cash and the Hickey sell on fee. 

We’re raking in the cash. Our wage structure is going to increase too over time. 

Naw we're not going down that road again 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

😂😂

Whats funny?  We have shown for career progression we are a great team to come to. 

InternationalJambo
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Whats funny?  We have shown for career progression we are a great team to come to. 

Short term kick in the baws.

Famous 1874
6 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Naw we're not going down that road again 

So at what point do we increase our wage structure? 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

So at what point do we increase our wage structure? 

It's got to be team performance bonus related basically every time we win everybody wins and the players get weighed in 

Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

It's got to be team performance bonus related basically every time we win everybody wins and the players get weighed in 

All for team bonuses etc but there is still a wage hierarchy. 

Players who are coming from more established teams are going to want bigger wages and are often unwillingly to take pay cuts, which is fair enough. 

Plus like I said, our wage structure is going to increase and increase and increase over time. Can’t just accept what we have and complain when we don’t improve. 

Yes some players won’t be worth the wages they are on but it’s a thing you judge player by player. Simms would be worth breaking our apparent structure for. 

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Has Simms been told he can go? Looked quite happy in the training vids Everton posted.

Ricardo Quaresma

Sun article seems fabricated, possibly even garnered from posts on here

We need more reputable reporting than 1 weeg who supports god knows what team :)

i wish jj was my dad

The sun usually get it right about us but they don't exactly have their ear to the ground in Liverpool.

6 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Has Simms been told he can go? Looked quite happy in the training vids Everton posted.

😂😅😆 what do you expect him to be doing? Shouting at the media guy to get him back to Tynie 🧐🤯🥴

Rick Sanchez

500k for Simms. 300k for Levitt.

Seems like clickbait fees tbh. They could be and should be demanding more.

7 hours ago, stevenson1 said:

Simms is not on £10k per week.

He was on around £5k last season

Yeh that's about right. 5K is around the basic for a rated youth player down their. I know for a fact that Billy Gilmour is on that at Chelsea, although he receives 'endorsement deals' worth 5K p/w on top of that to make it 10K p/w. I believe that is fairly common down south so perhaps that is where the issue lies. Hearts good match the basic fee, but his overall wage would be halved?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

As others have suggested, I doubt it's the affordability itself of paying £10-£15k per week; it is the impact on the squad.  Comparisons are made to Mueller at Hibs but (a) it's Hibs and there is no maturity or leadership within that player group; a bunch of half witted spoilt kids, (b) Mueller was Tom Kite, Simms is the real deal.

I'd hope we could push the boat out and not ruin squad morale; we are going to have to improve our players and to do so will mean paying more wages.  I'd hope the existing squad, led properly, will see this as a challenge to them and a benefit to be playing with better players; accepting that for some of them there will be one or two colleagues that are a level above where they'll ever be.

So, Ellis, £10k a week plus £5k a goal and we'll give you half the fee you go for in 2-3 years.  In that time, you'll play to an adoring full house every fortnight, cup finals and experience european group football.  Or there's Stoke, Millwall, Blackburn or Stoke on £20k per week and possibly a quicker and bigger move if you do really well there.  What's it to be?

jambopilms

Robbie and savage have both said it's highly unlikely. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise.

Folk have been going mental because the likes of Bongo and friends have totally made up it's a done deal.

Everton won't know what his future is yet, nevermind the folk on here who spend their day talking shite on the internet. 

KyleLafferty

Simms is on 15k a week. He signed a new deal start of the 21/22 season. We have 25 days to get a striker or strikers in and I trust Savage and Robbie to do so.

cosanostra
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Simms is on 15k a week. He signed a new deal start of the 21/22 season. We have 25 days to get a striker or strikers in and I trust Savage and Robbie to do so.

I doubt a guy of his age who's barely even scratched the surface of the first team in on £750k a year. 

Batistuta87
19 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I doubt a guy of his age who's barely even scratched the surface of the first team in on £750k a year. 

This. He won't be on £15k pw basic.

Money is stupid down there though so wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't far off it. My guess is about £8k pw and with an appearance fee and a win bonus he'll probably be looking at about 12. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Worthing Jambo
17 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I think he probably is.

I reckon £10k a week for an 18 year old on the fringes is fairly common.

KyleLafferty
21 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

You have guys down south in premier league under 23s who are on 10k/15k easily. It’s ridiculous money down there, the Average championship player must be 10k and over. Simms has played for the first team before, he’s on a different planet wages wise, like Robbie and Joe have said.

For people sceptical about Simms' wages, this is from Neilson himself:

“I know we have (European football) but what they have is finances. We just made a small contribution to his wage. If he goes to the Championship. Someone can pay a much larger contribution or all of his salary. That’s what I can see happening.”

jambopilms

It doesn't matter what he is on now, he will want a pay rise with his next move wherever that may be.

Even if Everton put him out to loan, what development is he getting by going back to a league he has already done well at ? Surely the point is moving him up a level each time to prove he can do it at that level, he has nothing to prove or gain by another season with us 

upgotheheads

He and Everton might fancy a loan until the January window to get the European exposure. Scoring a few goals in Europe would get him plenty of exposure and enhance his value.

Tasavallan

Folks have too much time on there hands, so speculate.  Hearts need to release more details of players they are looking at to get the topic off of Simms.

Clearly Everton will loan him out for a season to a higher level than the Premiership (Rangers/Celtic excluded)

Aussie Jambo
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Can we park the Simms talk and discuss other options.

Correct. 

image.gif.287ffa6593c9d2c7b9da1f58e5b733fd.gif

Aussie Jambo

I think and I’ll be honest. It’s the not knowing that’s creating half this thread. I’m just going to wait & see now. Who ever we get I’m sure they will be good enough. Have faith in Savage. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***