*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

47 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

There's also the 2 submission dates for EL play-off round and EL / ECL group stages

We have to have strikers for those

What are the dates?

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Watt-Zeefuik

Best of luck to Connor at Wolves. Who wouldn't want to play in the EPL?

And if it doesn't work out, a magical European trip could be a nice consolation.

Ricardo Quaresma

Isn't it also true that we could nominate Murrayfield or Tynecastle for EL play-off, then change for group stage?

Or would that only be possible if we changed competition, i.e. EL to ECL?

I know a lot of fans prefer Tynie, but we could secure a shedload of extra cash for new players (and more bonuses for current players) if we get 2 huge teams

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
added more

Never Let Them Forget
12 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Isn't it also true that we could nominate Murrayfield or Tynecastle for EL play-off, then change for group stage?

Or would that only be possible if we changed competition, i.e. EL to ECL?

I know a lot of fans prefer Tynie, but we could secure a shedload of extra cash for new players (and more bonuses for current players) if we get 2 huge teams

-

Crazy idea. 

Tynecastle is our home ground.

Aussie Jambo
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

More Gambia strikers called tattie

bojangles pls

Tattie Bojangles. The terrace song writes itself. 😂

22 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I mean that would be amazing but we need to be somewhat realistic.  Sure the plan is for Forrest and Grant to be of that standard and we'll see if they are up the grade.  I think we'll sign more forwards and that will be the plan with them too.

But the fact is you'll always have your best players and when they're out, they're replaced by guys not quite as good.  What we need to make sure is there's not too much of a drop off, or we have a wee change of shape (ie our spare CF is better than our spare winger, so we go 2 up top).

So while you're totally right, I reckon it's harder than it sounds!!  That applies to every team in the world at their own individual level too - Spurs have never had a Kane replacement, Liverpool with VVD etc.

Where we may differ at this exact time is we probably haven't maxed out either where our budget will end up in the coming seasons nor what the recruitment team are capable of as they're all pretty new.  So you may get your wish I guess!!!!

Is Grant a winger though? I personally see him more as a number 10/attacking midfielder type? Would like us to target someone a bit left field, I liked the wee Japanese boy (Meshino) that we had a few seasons back, I'm pretty sure he operated on the right wing as well, would love us to look at a similar type signing from the J League or K league, I totally get that we won't be full strength if say Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley, McKay etc get injured but hope that we can at least bring in guys who are knocking on the door of that 1st team whilst not being quite just as good as our 1st 11.

Pretty sure Robbie spoke earlier in the window about bringing in some players with European experience. You’d have to think it’s more than likely these players will be coming from out with the UK.

vegas-voss
36 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Pretty sure Robbie spoke earlier in the window about bringing in some players with European experience. You’d have to think it’s more than likely these players will be coming from out with the UK.

Robbie says so much I'm sure he is just winding folk up.Constantly contradicts himself about transfers coming and goings.Just all part of the process.

9 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

defeat at what 😂 you’re basing your opinion off your alleged mate 

Have you been on the website checking him out yet Rusty Baws 😂

Just now, gar jambo said:

Have you been on the website checking him out yet Rusty Baws 😂

Go  on fifa rating and you will really see how slow he is, 👍

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Fifa rating 😂😂😂 that good old trustworthy source, don’t let his actual speed prove anything, all down to fifa rating

Saw a post on FB, it was a guys wife photo bombing the Hearts squad at Malaga airport. Said he was speaking to Beni and told him he won't be ready till January. 😔

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Fifa rating 😂😂😂 that good old trustworthy source, don’t let his actual speed prove anything, all down to fifa rating

Aw naw  I have been using it for year's! ah well you can add on 10 and that makes him just slow 

CloustonHMFC
22 minutes ago, poultry said:

Saw a post on FB, it was a guys wife photo bombing the Hearts squad at Malaga airport. Said he was speaking to Beni and told him he won't be ready till January. 😔

No surprise, it was widely reported he’d be out the rest of 2022. 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, gar jambo said:

you’re a roaster 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, poultry said:

disappointing but not unexpected. I’d rather break my leg twice over than do my ACL again it’s awful. 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, gar jambo said:

He is about average speed on fm22... 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

15 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes it did.  It clearly stated he is concentrating on trying to get into the Wolves team/squad. 

He’s got to say that at the moment though, right?

After pre-season when he’s told he’s not getting a game it could be a different story. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, CMc said:

He’s got to say that at the moment though, right?

After pre-season when he’s told he’s not getting a game it could be a different story. 

True.  I've just a feeling if he sees himself capable of making it at Wolves then it would be logical at least to go down to the Championship if not getting game time there.  I'm not even sure he's good enough for a decent Championship side at this point of his development though tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

True.  I've just a feeling if he sees himself capable of making it at Wolves then it would be logical at least to go down to the Championship if not getting game time there.  I'm not even sure he's good enough for a decent Championship side at this point of his development though tbh. 

Possibly. Guess that’s offset by likelihood of game time and the certainty of us being in Europe. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/liam-boyce-speaks-on-his-hearts-future-and-potential-new-contract-3752792

"The Northern Irishman finished a week-long training camp in southern Spain feeling buoyant about the campaign ahead. He has no intention of going anywhere." 

"Entering the final 12 months of a lucrative three-and-a-half-year contract, he stressed he is happy at Hearts and would sign an extended deal if offered." 

We knew already.    Nice to read it anyway.  ☺ 

The Wrinkly Ninja
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Two posts with good news in a row, unheard of in here 

Aye it’s been a slow week.

Not Joe Wright slow but slow enough!

8 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/liam-boyce-speaks-on-his-hearts-future-and-potential-new-contract-3752792

"The Northern Irishman finished a week-long training camp in southern Spain feeling buoyant about the campaign ahead. He has no intention of going anywhere." 

"Entering the final 12 months of a lucrative three-and-a-half-year contract, he stressed he is happy at Hearts and would sign an extended deal if offered." 

We knew already.    Nice to read it anyway.  ☺ 

Good to hear though 

AlphonseCapone
10 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Take it with a pinch of salt

Completely counter to other reports about Wolves giving him a chance to prove himself first. 

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Is this one of the sites with decent credibility ?  Or just another "look at me, I'm ITK, so I am" ?

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Is this one of the sites with decent credibility ?  Or just another "look at me, I'm ITK, so I am" ?

I think they’re a reprint site. They’ll take various articles and retweet them etc 

IIRC they have been right on a couple of occasions. Maybe not hearts related but I’m sure they’ve got a couple on

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Has as much credibility as Prince Andrew at this point. There's been a list of "exclusives" they've ran with and every single one of them has been absolute bullshit.

Naisys Tackle
20 minutes ago, CMc said:

Possibly. Guess that’s offset by likelihood of game time and the certainty of us being in Europe. 

Yeah true, just have to play the good old waiting game. 

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I think they’re a reprint site. They’ll take various articles and retweet them etc 

IIRC they have been right on a couple of occasions. Maybe not hearts related but I’m sure they’ve got a couple on

You might be getting mixed up with Football Scotland. This one is just a bam on Twitter who talks absolute shite.

Hang on are we saying that a player who has stood out in the Premiership and scored goals against Rangers ourselves and others as well as having really good stats and would be playing for us in the European group stages is not ready to play in the English ****ing Championship 😄 

Lordy

40 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Worth noting that they did get the Forrest signing spot on but as others have said, some of their exclusives are absolute shite. Could go either way really but they seem pretty confident.

Just now, Sertse said:

Worth noting that they did get the Forrest signing spot on but as others have said, some of their exclusives are absolute shite. Could go either way really but they seem pretty confident.

Either way you have to give players a deadline,  instead of being strung along. If he's not agreed to  sign by next week then move on 

FarmerTweedy
14 hours ago, rory78 said:

Surely Hearts need to just get the players in now rather than waiting to see what the other clubs decide to do - if Simms and Ronan are unlikely we need to move and get others as we are only 4 weeks away from the SPL starting - one Boyce injury away from panic stations if no striker is signed in next couple of weeks 

No, it's far more important to get the right players in than to just rush out and buy anybody because a bunch of jkb drama queens are having palpitations a couple months before the window shuts!

Ideally, we'd get the players we want in fairly soon, preferably at least one striker before the league starts, but playing the first few games with what we've got then getting in who we want would be better in the long run than signing a bunch of players we don't want now and then playing the whole season with them. 

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

31 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

🤣 naughty

Hope so mate then we can move on from the wright convo! Just said he was slow and wait for it I don't think he will get a contract if I'm wrong I'm put my hands up! So here else Ronan 🙏

FarmerTweedy
14 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

How on earth could St Liedown afford him if wages are an issue?

Because St Liedown wouldn't have been paying much of them! 

FarmerTweedy
14 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Shankland, Simms, Ronan and a competent sub goalie. That'll do me.

With that squad I think we'd be way better suited to a back 4 btw

_______________Gordon

Atkinson__Halkett__Rowles__Kingsley

__McKay__Ronan__Devlin__Forrest

______Shankland__Simms

thats the Tynecastle lineup, swap one of the strikers for Haring if we think the opposition might lay a glove on us

We're not going to be playing a 442!

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

We're not going to be playing a 442!

Yes mate I would be over the moon and don't forget Joe wright he might get a contract and prove me wrong! 

The Hogfather
12 minutes ago, Sertse said:

They got it "spot on" because it was being widely reported by reputable sources. In recent times they've confidently predicted that:

Andy Irving had signed a 2 year deal with Hearts.

Alex Neill was set to take over at Hearts after the Brora game.

Brechin were to enter administration after their relegation.

Fee agreed for Shankland (middle of June).

Woodburn was going to be offered a contract by Hearts.

Regan Charles-Cook was coming to Hearts.

Throw enough shite at the wall and some of it will stick. They're best ignored when it comes to their "exclusives".

7 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

They got it "spot on" because it was being widely reported by reputable sources. In recent times they've confidently predicted that:

Throw enough shite at the wall and some of it will stick. They're best ignored when it comes to their "exclusives".

Fair one🤣

7 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

This acccount has been mentioned a few accounts with more misses than hits. What is it they say a broken clock is correct twice a day 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***