Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Hijack pls Hearts.

I agree. Really looked a player the 2nd half of the season. 

Rick Sanchez

It would be great news to secure Simms before their pre season camp tbh. We need someone in ASAP.

Regards to Levitt...you'd think if we wanted him then we'd get him instead of Utd.

Absolute Scenes

I must be in the minority here

I really did not know who Dylan levitt was until he scored against us at Dundee United away. And that’s from watching hearts home and away games. Ronan by far the more effective player

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Plus 15% of those add ons, so could be up to £2.6m.

Isn't the rules around  add-ons simply to give the selling club some benefit from the NEXT sale ?  We're not the selling club - Bologna are.

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I really did not know who Dylan levitt was until he scored against us at Dundee United away. And that’s from watching hearts home and away games. Ronan by far the more effective player

Better player than Ronan IMO.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Levitt is a sitting midfielder though that occasionally drifts forward 

Ronan is a winger / #10

hard to compare / judge 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Isn't the rules around  add-ons simply to give the selling club some benefit from the NEXT sale ?  We're not the selling club - Bologna are.

Add ons can be anything, if they wanted to screw us over the sell on they could say it was £5m fee and add one for first team games etc. I think it’s a % of whatever the total fee received over the period of the deal. It will paid in instalments anyway you would think so over 4 years. A nice bonus over that time. 

Naisys Tackle
15 minutes ago, Sertse said:

2 million= 500k for Ronan, 500k for Shankland, 1m for Simms 

Easy as that, job done

:lol:

We must be close to getting Shankland now.   Would be amazed if Simms comes back.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Add ons can be anything, if they wanted to screw us over the sell on they could say it was £5m fee and add one for first team games etc. I think it’s a % of whatever the total fee received over the period of the deal. It will paid in instalments anyway you would think so over 4 years. A nice bonus over that time. 

Wonder how much Celtic get from the sale? 

Heartsofgold
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Wonder how much Celtic get from the sale? 

Zero. They received their payment when he left us. They are due the square root of **** all from any sell on clause that was negotiated.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Shankland not in beerchot squad for friendly against Brugge today.

Ah you beat me to it 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No Shankland. 

929F2AB7-4077-4398-96B5-904882FDA1A9.jpeg

Get someone down to the airport sharpish!!

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ah you beat me to it 

And he’s bizarrely started following Ross Stewart on Instagram (having already followed Kingsley, Neilson, Halkett and McKay)… 👀 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

And he’s bizarrely started following Ross Stewart on Instagram (having already followed Kingsley, Neilson, Halkett and McKay)… 👀 

God you’re sharp 

23 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Haven't seen enough of either to say for sure, but my impression is Levitt plays deeper, is more of a passer and has a bit more bite to his game. He's also started adding goals to his game and he's a few years younger than Ronan. Out of contract next summer as well.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Why?

Player sale = income = taxable asset

Mind you dunno if it is income tax or CGT which I would be vaguely interested to know.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Zero. They received their payment when he left us. They are due the square root of **** all from any sell on clause that was negotiated.

Perfect! 

Cheers :)

33 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

levitt only played against us twice, the game you mention after the split and matchday 4 which was only the second game he was with dundee united for. 

Rick Sanchez

With Boyce and Grant do we not need more of a sitter with attacking tendencies? I thought Ronan played further back.

Another Robbo
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Mind you dunno if it is income tax or CGT which I would be vaguely interested to know.

Corporation tax maybe?

3 minutes ago, Another Robbo said:

Corporation tax maybe?

Corporation tax yes - but often with players, they have a value to the club and any trading is measured as a profit or loss vs that value...I think.  No idea how it works when we no longer hold the asset, is it just straight up income? 

Also vaguely interested, wonder if anyone knows definitively...

Chillidigits
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

For the entire season? Impressive stuff.

Take care when you go through the turnstiles.

30 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No Shankland. 

929F2AB7-4077-4398-96B5-904882FDA1A9.jpeg

Not playing "for family reasons" according to the previous tweet.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Corporation tax yes - but often with players, they have a value to the club and any trading is measured as a profit or loss vs that value...I think.  No idea how it works when we no longer hold the asset, is it just straight up income? 

Also vaguely interested, wonder if anyone knows definitively...

Probably CGT.

We had a stake in an asset - say 15%.

Asset got sold for an increased value so capital gain rather than income?

24 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I hope we use the Hickey money to pay for Simms on a permanent 🤞🏼

I’m sure it was posted on here that we won’t be taking Hickey money into account for this season coming it will be next summer transfer window.

Could have completely imagined this though.

Edited by Chaps

13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Maybe if this was the club's only transaction in the year.

Also player purchases = allowable expense.

Ignoring other business transactions and any losses carried forward, I have a feeling we'll be spending more on player acqusitions than we'll make from player sales so taxation will not be an immediate concern.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

:interehjrling:

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Probably CGT.

We had a stake in an asset - say 15%.

Asset got sold for an increased value so capital gain rather than income?

Seems wrong to describe  a player at another club as a "partial" Hearts asset.    He's got no asset value to Hearts anyway until that club sells him for money - which they might not do if they decided to let his contract run down.  Seems more like just transfer income for us.  No idea how that gets taxed taxed - Neil Doncaster should  know.....  but good luck with that though  😃

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Hopefully his family are house hunting in Edinburgh.

Mr Elwood P
28 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Seems wrong to describe  a player at another club as a "partial" Hearts asset.    He's got no asset value to Hearts anyway until that club sells him for money - which they might not do if they decided to let his contract run down.  Seems more like just transfer income for us.  No idea how that gets taxed taxed - Neil Doncaster should  know.....  but good luck with that though  😃

If you had an interest in 15% of a house would you say it was a partial asset of your estate ?

35 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I don't think we need get sidetracked re taxation; our immediate interest is that we get money from Hickey's transfer which will hopefully be used wisely to stregthen the squad.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't think we need get sidetracked re taxation; our immediate interest is that we get money from Hickey's transfer which will hopefully be used wisely to stregthen the squad.

Indeed

Its a nerd-like interest rather than anything else.

Italian Lambretta

So if we could only afford 2 of 3 which players would it be?

Shankland

Ronan 

Simms

Lone Striker
19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you had an interest in 15% of a house would you say it was a partial asset of your estate ?

Yes - but houses have a value every day of the year forever, albeit a fluctuating one.  Never zero.   If someone buys the house outright, I'd receive 15% of the money and have to pay CGT on it if it was above the tax threshold.   

Not really comparable to a footballer on a short contract which means he has  zero value at the end of it.  imo, its just extra  transfer income which wouldn't have materialised if Brentford had waited till he became a free agent.  

Anywho, as @jamboAl and @Tom Hardy’s Dug  have said, it disnae really matter - I'm sure Jacqui Duncan  knows what it is. 😉

Edited by Lone Striker

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Shankland

Ronan 

Simms

Simms plus one 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Shankland

Ronan 

Simms

We can afford all 3

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes - but houses have a value every day of the year forever, albeit a fluctuating one.  Never zero.   If someone buys the house outright, I'd receive 15% of the money and have to pay CGT on it if it was above the tax threshold.   

Not really comparable to a footballer on a short contract which means he has  zero value at the end of it.  imo, its just extra  transfer income which wouldn't have materialised if Brentford had waited till he became a free agent.  

Although bizarrely Oil which is a tradeable asset fell to below $0 at the start of Covid for a couple days and look at it now.

Anyway in answer to the above - Simms and Shankland. 

I say that in the knowledge we’d just get an alternative AM instead of Ronan.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***