*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

That's encouraging to hear mate 👍 can't say I know anything about him. Hopefully somebody on here watches league 1/follows Doncaster etc and could give an opinion. I haven't seen anybody give an analysis of him.

Sounds like you know as much as me about him! 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

John Rambo
Just now, John Rambo said:

Some of the comments on here...

Do some of you actually think before typing?

Beggars belief some of the absolute sh!te written. Far too much negativity and almost wanting players to fail before they're in the door.

Get a bl**dy grip some of you.

Should just add, thank the Lord we have who we have in place looking after recruitment. Not some of the half-wits on here.

TyphoonJambo
10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Nope, I'm still not seeing it... 

b25lY21zOjNjZWYwOTZlLTBmZTItNGY3Yy1iYjdlLWYwMGIwMzNjODk5Mzo2MTcyOTg1MS1iZTMxLTQ5MTctYjQ3NS0yODIwODJhYWIwZWQ=.jpg

0_Screen-Shot-2020-08-10-at-45615-PM.png

Uncanny, bet they're never seen in the same room. There is of course one glaring difference, the unspoken elephant in the room, so to speak. One has a beard. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

9 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Nope, I'm still not seeing it... 

b25lY21zOjNjZWYwOTZlLTBmZTItNGY3Yy1iYjdlLWYwMGIwMzNjODk5Mzo2MTcyOTg1MS1iZTMxLTQ5MTctYjQ3NS0yODIwODJhYWIwZWQ=.jpg

0_Screen-Shot-2020-08-10-at-45615-PM.png

I said Lewis Neilson not Gary Lineker 😄 

1 minute ago, John Rambo said:

Should just add, thank the Lord we have who we have in place looking after recruitment. Not some of the half-wits on here.

On the topic of Joe Wright the club had obviously been monitoring him for a while as we offered him a contract before he got his bad injury.

So anyone that thinks this guy is just a stab in the dark has not done their homework.

The club have offered him training facilities to prove his fitness and it will be a chance for him to mix with our players and get back to training with other players rather than in the gym or on his own.

That will give him a lift and it will also give Robbie and his team a chance to have a good look at him and decide if he is worth giivng a contract.

He will get the help from our expert physio and fitness teams so the risks are pretty minimal for Hearts.

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

On the topic of Joe Wright the club had obviously been monitoring him for a while as we offered him a contract before he got his bad injury.

So anyone that thinks this guy is just a stab in the dark has not done their homework.

The club have offered him training facilities to prove his fitness and it will be a chance for him to mix with our players and get back to training with other players rather than in the gym or on his own.

That will give him a lift and it will also give Robbie and his team a chance to have a good look at him and decide if he is worth giivng a contract.

He will get the help from our expert physio and fitness teams so the risks are pretty minimal for Hearts.

Agreed, it's a pretty much no lose situation for us.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

And I'm sure any contract we offer will take account of the risk with wages and terms that reflect it. Probably/possibly a one year contract with the option, in Hearts favour, to extend.

Bungalow Bill
5 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

And I'm sure any contract we offer will take account of the risk with wages and terms that reflect it. Probably/possibly a one year contract with the option, in Hearts favour, to extend.

Why even take a punt on a player like that though?

john thomas
1 minute ago, Apache Mal said:

He , according to our manager , was worth signing previously .

If he has regained fitness we would be getting a good player for very little outlay .

Appreciate we had too many punts previously but think we will always be in the market for this kind of signing.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Apache Mal said:

Like what? From what I can gather on here none of us have seen him in action so none of us know what 'that' might be. One minute people are banging on about all the money we've got, then the next someone's making out we can't take a punt on someone our recruitment team obviously fancy. As things stand the club are taking no risk whatsoever with him and might just end up with a gem. Unless the people who are assessing him think he's worth that punt, then it'll cost us next to nothing (training and assessments obvioulsy cost us real money).

John Rambo
4 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

We are not, as I understand it, taking a punt.

He was well scouted by Doc et al and offered terms last year. Clealry they were keen to get this player in the door.

He got injured and we withdrew said terms.

He is training with us to prove he is over said injuries and if/when medical department, Doc, Robbie et al are 100% convinced he is over his injuries, he will no doubt be offered suitable terms that account for his recent issues.

As others have noted, not a lose-lose for the club as with other 'project' players.

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Because we were days away from signing him prior to a bad injury…if the club have stood by him and still want to give him a trial they’ve obviously been tracking his progress through rehab and are satisfied he’s going in the right direction. 

Give him 1 year on low wage with an incentive that if he does well and gets himself fit through the season he gets an extra year at our say so with a wage bump. 

Everybody wins in that scenario. We get a cheap experienced CB with a point to prove. 

Gimme an H...
11 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

He'll have a medical to assess whether he's fully recovered from the injury and whether he's likely to re-injure himself.

Also, I'm pretty sure Kingsely had a bad injury before we signed him and was just coming back from it when he signed.

Edited by Gimme an H...

Brick Tamland
11 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

He has had one bad injury from which he could well recover, he is training for us to assess him, we previously wanted to sign him, he could turn out to be a gem, we would likely get him for a minimal amount, brownie points with his agency, if he isn't good enough or fit enough we won't sign him so it is risk free, a far higher risk would  be signing someone with John Souttar's injury record...

9 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

We are not, as I understand it, taking a punt.

He was well scouted by Doc et al and offered terms last year. Clealry they were keen to get this player in the door.

He got injured and we withdrew said terms.

He is training with us to prove he is over said injuries and if/when medical department, Doc, Robbie et al are 100% convinced he is over his injuries, he will no doubt be offered suitable terms that account for his recent issues.

As others have noted, not a lose-lose for the club as with other 'project' players.

Not suggesting you but many on here did not show the same level of tolerance when we signed Aidy White

grumpyespana
16 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Golf?

Scored a nine at the golf in the past as well JamboAI lol.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not suggesting you but many on here did not show the same level of tolerance when we signed Aidy White

Aidy White had a list of injuries, not just one though and I think the period of time he missed was at least double if not longer.

grumpyespana
21 hours ago, Daktari said:

Still got your boots?😁

My old boots had leather studs Daktari lol.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I suppose the difference between the two is that White knew his glory days were behind him and i think found it hard to motivate himself.

Hearts would be Joe Wright's biggest club and it's a real opportunity for him. Personally i doubt there would have been much enthusiasm on here for signing him pre injury and it's hard to see how a year out would change that - is he really worth the effort, we shall see.

I suspect he is a replacement for Moore anyway, and not a regular starter.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Joe Wright's story gives me worrying Aidy White vibes.

the one difference for me is it looks like he will need to prove his fitness and that he would improve the squad and if he does not do both RN and JS will say thanks for trying out but we wish you well in the future

John Rambo
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Certainly not me as you suggest.

White was getting good reviews at Leeds and even Barnsley before his injury.

He only showed in glimpses for us what he was capable of. Sadly his best days were long, long ago.

To get players we otherwise couldn't afford, we sometimes have to offer training and medical facilities just to see where they are at. White is slightly different in context to Wright but again I trust those in power now to get it right more often than not.

Allied to that, I always want whoever we sign to do well. They are playing for my club after all, why wouldn't I.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It shouldn’t. White missed 31 months due to injury. 

Wright has missed 12.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It shouldn’t. White missed 31 months due to injury. 

Wright has missed 12.

Maybe, but players "rebuilding their career" always sounds foreboding.

52 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

That is the point in watching him before hand without an obligation to offer him a contract though so it would not be a punt if we did decide to offer him some thing

Rick Sanchez

If he performs in his trial then there's no real harm in a one year deal with the option of another year.

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He isn’t really though. 

It’s no different to Beni. Both bad knee injuries. 

Think people are living in fear of another aidy white situation which is fair. We have more than enough cover in the squad this time to take a gamble on Wright. The club has changed from those days. Although White did play well in a semi and a final and was not as bad as people where desperate to make out. 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If he performs in his trial then there's no real harm in a one year deal with the option of another year.

This. I have zero qualms about assessing players in person before choosing whether or not to offer a contract. We have done this many a time, and quite often decided against it. If we do offer anything, it’s hardly going to be a huge cost.

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Uncanny, bet they're never seen in the same room. There is of course one glaring difference, the unspoken elephant in the room, so to speak. One has a beard. 

Hopefully they are never seen in the same room, well not at Tynecastle anyway 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I said Lewis Neilson not Gary Lineker 😄 

👏👏👏 It took me a minute or two to get that. Well played

Ccjambo1874

If Peter Haring can come back from being out as long as he was and perform - I would even say better - then I have zero doubts the boy Wright could do so as well. Arguably out for a lesser period than what Haring was? Or at least thereabouts. Same injury risk applies to Beni currently but again we will be itching for him to be back after his 11-12 months out. 

A 1 year deal with the option of an extension wouldn't be the worst providing he can get his fitness back and recover.

People were wanting us to break the bank to keep Souttar, who was a much bigger risk imo.

Can't see the issue with it, we'll have learned from Aidy White I'm sure and will be cautious in what, if anything, we offer him.

I have no problem with having a good look at Joe Wright. We've been tracking him for a long time, as we have with Grant, unfortunately the boy got a very bad injury. I think he needs a couple of friendlies to prove himself. I don't see the harm in it, we're well covered at CB. 

Quick glance at a Doncaster forum suggests he was fully committed on the park, good on the ball and was developing well. But also injury prone and could get bullied off the ball at times. Time will tell, but could be a useful addition if he is over his injury and it doesn't hold him back physically or mentally.

Gordon Ramsay

Defo got Aidy White vibes about it but if he performs well enough in training and we're confident he's a good player a one year deal wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 

White was just pish bar that run for the pen in the semi final. 

35 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Beni could be out for the best part of a year by the time he comes back…

Souttar was out for a couple of years on the space of 3 or 4…

Players get injuries and successfully come back; a player being out for a year isn’t that unusual.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Apples and Oranges. Besides, Aidy White had absolutely no injury problems with us - he just wasn't very good. 

Obviously got something about him if we've kept him close all this time. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Absolute Scenes

It’s wrights first major injury. And it was impact related from what i read. Souttar chocolate ankles is a bigger risk

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Apache Mal said:

I wonder why der hun took a punt on Soutter considering his (serious) injury record. 

The Wrinkly Ninja

Aidy White wasn’t a success here because he wasn’t a good enough footballer.

Joe Wright might be good enough. No harm in a trial that gives him a chance to prove it. 

Hope he’s brilliant and we offer him a deal. If he’s not then good luck to the lad.

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Are we now saying Gino is lazy?  I'm not sure that's fair to be honest.

He's sometimes not the most intelligent as far as decision making, but I've never seen a lack of effort from the lad.  Couple of games last season he played up top and worked his arse off in particular, one away at Celtic where it was thankless and he kept plugging away especially.

I quite like Gino.  Not irreplaceable at all, and if he were go, like most, wish him well and not think much more of it, but certainly happy enough if he stays.

I've liked his updates on the friendly but let's not get carried away about a personal opinion from someone watching the first bounce game of the season, in 38c heat, from over a fence (nae offence Typoon - just not wanting people to run too far with your comment!)

Don’t think he is lazy, just not nearly good enough for where we are now. Didn’t really shine in the championship, albeit injuries hampered him, was a bit part player last season and given where we are going this season we will be signing better players than Gino. I’d be surprised if he is still with us when the window shuts. 

51 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yep, Levein was never the same was he? Haring just hasn’t made it back after virtually no football for 18 months, pity. 

john thomas
4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Aidy White wasn’t a success here because he wasn’t a good enough footballer.

Joe Wright might be good enough. No harm in a trial that gives him a chance to prove it. 

Hope he’s brilliant and we offer him a deal. If he’s not then good luck to the lad.

White had a good CV. In isolation possibly worth a punt. 

Wright clearly much less of a risk 

We want to sign the best players we can in our adopted system(s). Our budget may be a lot higher than before but will still have a limit. 

Whatever budget we have left needs to go as a priority to improving our attacking/goal scoring options. If we can't also afford another top quality defender we may have to settle for a cheaper option who can do a good job in specific circumstances.

Wright could come into this category. Not a first pick but someone to defend the box eg late in a game when we are holding on to a lead.

We seem to be vulnerable in the air in defence from set pieces (no stats to back that up just a gut feeling). 

At his height may be useful to throw into the box as a goal threat.

Of course if there's an ongoing injury problem, then the risk would outweigh the potential benefit.

We will need to trust the manager's judgement. 

14 minutes ago, john thomas said:

White had a good CV. In isolation possibly worth a punt. 

Wright clearly much less of a risk 

Joe Wright is the slowest centre half you will see just saying 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

do you know your stuff?

heartmussel
7 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Hibs game just finished on You Tube, quite sure you just seen the slowest centre half 😂😂

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***