• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think he is lazy, just not nearly good enough for where we are now. Didn’t really shine in the championship, albeit injuries hampered him, was a bit part player last season and given where we are going this season we will be signing better players than Gino. I’d be surprised if he is still with us when the window shuts. 

Maybe.

One compliment I could give him is if he does go, I hope it's back down south.  Wouldn't want to play against him.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Maybe, but players "rebuilding their career" always sounds foreboding.

Remember Larsson broke his leg?

I think it worked out OK for him when he came back. 

Players can get bad injuries. Being out for a year isn't uncommon.

Aidy was different. He hadn't kicked a ball for well over 2 years and we effectively hauled him out of retirement. Unfortunately he just couldn't get back to the level he once was.

Just now, Bauld said:

Remember Larsson broke his leg?

I think it worked out OK for him when he came back. 

Players can get bad injuries. Being out for a year isn't uncommon.

Aidy was different. He hadn't kicked a ball for well over 2 years and we effectively hauled him out of retirement. Unfortunately he just couldn't get back to the level he once was.

I was thinking about that too I remember he and Mols both took bad ones one came back as good as ever but the other not so much 

vegas-voss
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Aidy White had a list of injuries, not just one though and I think the period of time he missed was at least double if not longer.

He was pretty much retired was he not

Robbie quoted as still having an interest in Ronan. Also said we only had 17 outfield players yesterday and between the lines we are being in quite a few more, albeit Atkinson and Rowles were not on the tour.

Football Scotland website but it does have quotes from him (sorry unable to post link for some reason)

Bungalow Bill

Sorry if I’m not overly excited at the prospect of signing a player who has had a serious injury from a team relegated from League 1 in England. He’ll of course have my full support if signed. SPFL Premiership will be a massive step-up, never mind the UEFA comps. 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Apache Mal said:

Sorry if I’m not overly excited at the prospect of signing a player who has had a serious injury from a team relegated from League 1 in England. He’ll of course have my full support if signed. SPFL Premiership will be a massive step-up, never mind the UEFA comps. 

I think if he was 22,23 it would be more appealing,than than he is 27 now makes it a bit pointless.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I think if he was 22,23 it would be more appealing,than than he is 27 now makes it a bit pointless.

pointless signing a player the MANAGER and HEAD OF RECRUITMENT think will help us. Thank **** you’re not in charge of recruitment

5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Are we now saying Gino is lazy?  I'm not sure that's fair to be honest.

He's sometimes not the most intelligent as far as decision making, but I've never seen a lack of effort from the lad.  Couple of games last season he played up top and worked his arse off in particular, one away at Celtic where it was thankless and he kept plugging away especially.

I quite like Gino.  Not irreplaceable at all, and if he were go, like most, wish him well and not think much more of it, but certainly happy enough if he stays.

I've liked his updates on the friendly but let's not get carried away about a personal opinion from someone watching the first bounce game of the season, in 38c heat, from over a fence (nae offence Typoon - just not wanting people to run too far with your comment!)

I wasn’t basing my opinion on the amateur match report and nor would I put too much emphasis on a bounce match at a training camp, more based on his performances last season. I agree on his day and we’ve seen it he can change a game but that is certainly not the norm for him. Whereas Forrest arrived from a team where what Gino lacked last season is a basic requirement. This seems to be the story of Ginos career, I think he needs a sustained run of games, but he’s not likely to get that at hearts unless he’s outstanding every week, it’s a bit of a catch 22 really. 

In answer to your question is he lazy, I don’t think lazy is the problem it’s confidence. When it’s not going his way he disappears, and lacks the toughness to come back.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

do you know your stuff?

Yes my mate Doncaster season ticket holder!  strong enough but if he's one on one he's no chance not slow really slow! 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, gar jambo said:

Yes my mate Doncaster season ticket holder!  strong enough but if he's one on one he's no chance not slow really slow! 

Going by your track record I’ll take it with a pinch of salt 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

pointless signing a player the MANAGER and HEAD OF RECRUITMENT think will help us. Thank **** you’re not in charge of recruitment

The manager and Head of Recruitment have not seen him kick a ball for over a year.

Its possible that the guy could break down after his 1st session,whatever ability he had will it be the same after a year out?

Who knows,only time will tell.

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Going by your track record I’ll take it with a pinch of salt 

You Dont know the wars over 

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The manager and Head of Recruitment have not seen him kick a ball for over a year.

Its possible that the guy could break down after his 1st session,whatever ability he had will it be the same after a year out?

Who knows,only time will tell.

If he breaks down after one session then we don’t sign him. That’s the whole point of having someone on trial, there’s no commitment to a contract here.

john thomas
57 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Slower I'm afraid 

You know that ?

There have been countless examples on here of fans not actually aware of the attributes of our players .

This guy was offered a contract , got injured , now given a chance to prove his fitness .

Why do people have a problem with that ?

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

You know that ?

There have been countless examples on here of fans not actually aware of the attributes of our players .

This guy was offered a contract , got injured , now given a chance to prove his fitness .

Why do people have a problem with that ?

Not got a problem with it whatsoever! Just saying he's super slow, I'm entitled to my opinion .

1 minute ago, gar jambo said:

Not got a problem with it whatsoever! Just saying he's super slow, I'm entitled to my opinion .

If the opinion of your mate turns out to be accurate then it will be noticed by the coaching staff as they monitor him in training

Just now, Sooks said:

If the opinion of your mate turns out to be accurate then it will be noticed by the coaching staff as they monitor him in training

Correct 

Just now, Sooks said:

So it is a good job we are not tied in to any thing 🙂

100 percent mate nothing to loose! 

Batistuta87
37 minutes ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

Shane long anybody? 

Shite. Doesn't score goals. Too old. Signing for Reading anyway. 

Edited by Batistuta87

When we play with 3 CB's, we need height in the middle. Joe Wright is 6ft 4 or something, he doesn't have to be a world beater in that position,he just needs to defend well.

43 minutes ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

Shane long anybody? 

If he's fit and still relatively quick, he'd do a good job for us. 

John Rambo
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I’d rather have Andre Gray.

Bit of 'baggage' there from his past.

Not sure he is the correct character for us.

Agentjambo
Just now, John Rambo said:

Bit of 'baggage' there from his past.

Not sure he is the correct character for us.

Perhaps not.Goalscoring figures are very decent though.

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

If we get Shankland and Simms it will give us options that we haven’t had for a long time. I also think that Henderson may be a surprise too. We are due to have a Hearts developed striker who makes an impact by scoring goals. 

I can't say I'm very confident that Henderson will be able to make it with us, but I hope he's kept in and around the club this season rather than sent out on loan again, and given at least a bit of a chance in terms of some decent sub appearances and maybe a start or two, to show what he can do.

The Hogfather

Steve Bruce was slower than a week in the jail, but made up for it with positional awareness and bravery. Not every centre half has to be Usain Bolt.

2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Steve Bruce was slower than a week in the jail, but made up for it with positional awareness and bravery. Not every centre half has to be Usain Bolt.

Ah Doncaster! man u Diffrent Animal 

19 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I can't say I'm very confident that Henderson will be able to make it with us, but I hope he's kept in and around the club this season rather than sent out on loan again, and given at least a bit of a chance in terms of some decent sub appearances and maybe a start or two, to show what he can do.

I hope so too. With Boyce doing a better job as a 10 (imo) even if we sign two strikers we are still potentially short. If he’s included in squad he’ll get a chance when injuries and suspensions mount up. 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Ah Doncaster! man u Diffrent Animal 

The point remains valid. A defender can lack pace but make up for it with other attributes.

2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

The point remains valid. A defender can lack pace but make up for it with other attributes.

Correct but we are talking about calibre of player here ,dalgleish did not have pace but was a move ahead! But Doncaster class a bit different that's all. 

Tasavallan
2 hours ago, gar jambo said:

Hear say, then.

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

All the Donny fans seem to rate him highly. 

I only said he was slow buddy! that's all nothing more nothing less on top of that bad injury,  but no issues as it's try before you buy. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, gar jambo said:

I only said he was slow buddy! that's all nothing more nothing less on top of that bad injury,  but no issues as it's try before you buy. 

My post wasn't directed at you sorry mate.  

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

My post wasn't directed at you sorry mate.  

And I'm sorry for jumping the gun too buddy no worries 👍

The Hogfather
26 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Correct but we are talking about calibre of player here ,dalgleish did not have pace but was a move ahead! But Doncaster class a bit different that's all. 

Ok, so you're deliberately missing the point I'm making. Obviously every defender who's played at our level is faster than Mo Farah.

Naisys Tackle
18 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

And I'm sorry for jumping the gun too buddy no worries 👍

Nae worries at all. 

9 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Ok, so you're deliberately missing the point I'm making. Obviously every defender who's played at our level is faster than Mo Farah.

So the poorer the team the poorer class off player,some have natural ability also wright has been plagued with injuries! For year's So say he played for say Nottingham forest and slow he would probably get away with his natural ability. Doncaster I just don't think so not for Hearts but it's a trial so no issues! 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***