*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Absolute Scenes
24 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Less than 4 week til 1st league game…….and no striker.

Great contribution 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

52 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

I don't understand your maths here. Are you saying that we only pay £1.5m per year for our total squad salary? Either way, I think you're grossly overestimating what the avearge annual salary for an EPL player is. They aren't all on megabucks, in fact the average annual salary for a Sheffield Utd player last season was around £700k which would would be 15 players annual salary using the £20m figure

Sheff Utd are not an epl club. Apples to apples comparison would be comparing us with a top 3 club down there but I didn’t.  I used something close to mid table club wages.  Typically £40k pw is the average plus the NI add on makes it about £45k+ pw. So £20m is 7/8 players worth.  I also based it on our average wage probably in the £3-4K pw range plus NI so annual base cost is in the £200-250k per annum. So £3m is 12-15 players worth 

Mr Elwood P
26 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Incredible .... 

pettigrewsstylist
34 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Sounds familiar. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
37 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

INCREDIBLE

pettigrewsstylist

Damour is a decent example of how nothing is guaranteed with new signings. Doing business early allows best chance tho.

42 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

We have a guy who scored 15 goals in the 29 games he played as a striker last season so we do have a striker. We need more but there are 4 weeks! Nonsense post. 

The Hogfather
26 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Damour is a decent example of how nothing is guaranteed with new signings. Doing business early allows best chance tho.

I'd say the scattergun approach taken by the then manager was more of a contributing factor than the timing of the deal.

9 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

I'd say the scattergun approach taken by the then manager was more of a contributing factor than the timing of the deal.

By signing a player with experience of the English top division and the Championship?

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

By signing a player with experience of the English top division and the Championship?

Like clockwork...

Leveins recruitment record in the second spell was laughably bad. Even you, the most ardent CL fanboy must recognise that.

Edited by The Hogfather

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Sheff Utd are not an epl club. Apples to apples comparison would be comparing us with a top 3 club down there but I didn’t.  I used something close to mid table club wages.  Typically £40k pw is the average plus the NI add on makes it about £45k+ pw. So £20m is 7/8 players worth.  I also based it on our average wage probably in the £3-4K pw range plus NI so annual base cost is in the £200-250k per annum. So £3m is 12-15 players worth 

The reason I used sheffield as an example is that they were a newly promoted club the season before, just like Brentford were last season. There is no way that Brentford are paying an average wage of 40k p/w, that puts them in line with West Ham and Leicster City, who are much more established clubs. Brentford's highest paid player is Ajer, on 35K p/w so not sure where you're getting the extra 10k from.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/brentford/

The link mentions 'Championship' but clearly means EPL as Ajer is included.

Brentford paid by far the lowest salaries in the EPL and nowhere near the 45K mark you mentioned. the PFA even states that the average player is paid 50K p/w but this is massively skewed by players from the top 6 earning significantly more.

Anywyas, that was slightly off topic, but the point remains, £20m is a lot to a club like Brentford.

EDIT: fyi see the accounts below:

https://www.brentfordfc.com/siteassets/documents/brentford-fc-ltd-group-accounts_2021.pdf

Edited by jambo89

1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Pants firmly pished

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Like clockwork...

Leveins recruitment record in the second spell was laughably bad. Even you, the most ardent CL fanboy must recognise that.

Add up the fees received for Sow, Lafferty and the double Hickey windfall. Savage will do well to bring in that much cash ...

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Add up the fees received for Sow, Lafferty and the double Hickey windfall. Savage will do well to bring in that much cash ...

And add up how much of those fees were then pished up the side of a wall.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, The Hogfather said:

And add up how much of those fees were then pished up the side of a wall.

The biggest chunk we haven't revived yet (Hickey sell on). That money will be spent by Savage and Neilson. Positive legacy....

Tommy Brown

Exactly 

Get your money in your pockets Budge and Anderson or GTF.

:peepwall:

john thomas
20 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Like clockwork...

Yes signed a few failures . Most of which looked good 'on paper' 

Signed a few crackers as well 

Have patience, was it not the same at the start of last season? I think we didn't sign Beni until the day before the Opening game against Celtic IIRC? Then we signed about 4/5 players in quick succession and went on to have a brilliant season, I expect something very similar to happen again.

3 minutes ago, the general said:

Any signing rumours?

No but the record saying Man United will let Levitt go for 300k 

Surely at that price we Have to be interested 

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The biggest chunk we haven't revived yet (Hickey sell on). That money will be spent by Savage and Neilson. Positive legacy....

Evened out by the number of promising young players who left for peanuts. No fees received for Paterson or Nicholson for a start. I suspect the transfer fee we'll eventually receive for Beni will dwarf that received for Lafferty, Sow and Hickey combined. 

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Yes signed a few failures . Most of which looked good 'on paper' 

Signed a few crackers as well 

Steven MacLean

Uche Ikpeazu

Bobby Burns

Sean Clare

Jake Mulraney

Colin Doyle

Bobby Zlamal

Olly Lee

Ben Garuccio

Oli Bozanic

Peter Haring

Clevid Dikamona

Aidy White

David Vanecek

Craig Wighton

Steven Naismith

Jimmy Dunne

Conor Shaugnessey

Demi Mitchell

That's just one seasons recruitment under CL. How many of those could you actually say were a success at Hearts? 3? 

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Evened out by the number of promising young players who left for peanuts. No fees received for Paterson or Nicholson for a start. I suspect the transfer fee we'll eventually receive for Beni will dwarf that received for Lafferty, Sow and Hickey combined. 

Steven MacLean

Uche Ikpeazu

Bobby Burns

Sean Clare

Jake Mulraney

Colin Doyle

Bobby Zlamal

Olly Lee

Ben Garuccio

Oli Bozanic

Peter Haring

Clevid Dikamona

Aidy White

David Vanecek

Craig Wighton

Steven Naismith

Jimmy Dunne

Conor Shaugnessey

Demi Mitchell

That's just one seasons recruitment under CL. How many of those could you actually say were a success at Hearts? 3? 

He must have been playing at Football Manager 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Like clockwork...

No chance, even though he’s working for the 3rd best team in the Highland League 😆.

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Ooft aye at that price. 

3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Steven MacLean

Uche Ikpeazu

Bobby Burns

Sean Clare

Jake Mulraney

Colin Doyle

Bobby Zlamal

Olly Lee

Ben Garuccio

Oli Bozanic

Peter Haring

Clevid Dikamona

Aidy White

David Vanecek

Craig Wighton

Steven Naismith

Jimmy Dunne

Conor Shaugnessey

Demi Mitchell

Steven MacLean -Hopeless and he thought he was something special.

Uche Ikpeazu - average at best

Bobby Burns - poor

Sean Clare - started to play well after a poor start. 

Jake Mulraney - murder, shocking at crossing.

Colin Doyle - murder, cost us against Motherwell in the cup.

Bobby Zlamal - not great

Olly Lee - decent player on his day. 

Ben Garuccio - decent also

Oli Bozanic - bang average

Peter Haring - very good

Clevid Dikamona - tried hard but ultimately not good enough. 

Aidy White - crap

David Vanecek - didn’t work out

Craig Wighton - mince

Steven Naismith - good signing

Jimmy Dunne - very good

Conor Shaugnessey - poor player

Demi Mitchell - good first season and rubbish in the second. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Savage won’t waste millions on dross that eventually saw us relegated. 

15 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Would take, definitely. 

If we got him AND Ronan we would have ridiculously good midfield options - and zero pressure to rush Benni back and risk ruining him. 

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Swap deal surely 😂

😆

I was more thinking about the squad space btw, not raising the funds :laugh:

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

That was a horrific summer as djoum was leaving and we were hanging on to see if he would resign.  Sign damour and whelan whilst trying Clare at centre mid

Mr Elwood P
24 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Steven MacLean

Uche Ikpeazu

Bobby Burns

Sean Clare

Jake Mulraney

Colin Doyle

Bobby Zlamal

Olly Lee

Ben Garuccio

Oli Bozanic

Peter Haring

Clevid Dikamona

Aidy White

David Vanecek

Craig Wighton

Steven Naismith

Jimmy Dunne

Conor Shaugnessey

Demi Mitchell

You think Beni will move for over £4m?

A host of those players moved on to clubs in the MLS, A - League and English League One. Can't have been that bad! Uche moved for over £1m after he left us. Obviously we signed some duds but it's silly to say it was all rubbish. Haring, Smith, Halkett and Boyce are still core players years later ...

2 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

I won’t even start to worry about it until it’s 4 days before the 1st league game. (Assuming of course that whoever we bring in has already done their pre season - we can’t be using that as an excuse again)

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

GTF with Levein debates already. Jesus. 

Yep. 

Debates about a guy who assembled a squad of players over 3 years that managed a cup final and relegation

versus

A squad assembled during a global pandemic (less than 2 years) that achieved 2 cup finals and a 3rd placed finish guaranteeing group stage football 

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yep. 

Debates about a guy who assembled a squad of players over 3 years that managed a cup final and relegation

versus

A squad assembled during a global pandemic (less than 2 years) that achieved 2 cup finals and a 3rd placed finish guaranteeing group stage football 

Think you perhaps missed @AlphonseCapone point here ...

The Hogfather
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A host of those players moved on to clubs in the MLS, A - League and English League One. Can't have been that bad! Uche moved for over £1m after he left us. Obviously we signed some duds but it's silly to say it was all rubbish. Haring, Smith, Halkett and Boyce are still core players years later ...

If you're giving Levein credit for signing Boyce, you might as well give him credit for signing Rudi Skacel too.

HeartsandonlyHearts

This off season thread is always 10 times worse than the January window thread. I never learn though. 
#obos, drama queens and WT actual F’s.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

This off season thread is always 10 times worse than the January window thread. I never learn though. 
#obos, drama queens and WT actual F’s.

Ironic 😏

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

If you're giving Levein credit for signing Boyce, you might as well give him credit for signing Rudi Skacel too.

Jon Daly covered it in an interview.

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

The reason I used sheffield as an example is that they were a newly promoted club the season before, just like Brentford were last season. There is no way that Brentford are paying an average wage of 40k p/w, that puts them in line with West Ham and Leicster City, who are much more established clubs. Brentford's highest paid player is Ajer, on 35K p/w so not sure where you're getting the extra 10k from.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/brentford/

The link mentions 'Championship' but clearly means EPL as Ajer is included.

Brentford paid by far the lowest salaries in the EPL and nowhere near the 45K mark you mentioned. the PFA even states that the average player is paid 50K p/w but this is massively skewed by players from the top 6 earning significantly more.

Anywyas, that was slightly off topic, but the point remains, £20m is a lot to a club like Brentford.

EDIT: fyi see the accounts below:

https://www.brentfordfc.com/siteassets/documents/brentford-fc-ltd-group-accounts_2021.pdf

Still stand by my point thagbus receiving £3m for a young, largely untested player is the equivalent of an epl club receiving £20m for the same, in terms of impact on clubs finances.  In fact the £3m for us is a much, much bigger adder to finances than £20m would be to a mid to top table club in the epl. Villa and Everton have turnovers just below £200m so 10% adder. 
pour turnover will likely be closer to £12m this year so a 25% adder. 

32 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

GTF with Levein debates already. Jesus. 

Mildly more interesting than the tax chat to be honest

36 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Boyce was after Levein. Halkett only started playing well long after Levein and Haring was out for a year partly due to Levein playing him in the final. 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Youssouf Ndayishimiye

Was on the verge of moving to Bordeaux for 3m Euros in January. I'd be surprised if we were making moves for him.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***