*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

They did pick a Hearts huddie,

just the wrong one.

Would be really expect them to know players out with Glasgow?

EC23E5DA-6322-4E5C-9F45-5495A467F8EA.jpeg

Hahaha just shows you how little the journalists in this country know about anyone outside the OF! 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Didn't realise the thread was for just news. You heard of Twitter, specifically the @jamtarts account? You might get on better there if it's just news you want.

How dare folk discuss rumours, team needs and such like.

I don't mind rumours but FFS we are now on to winning the league and other such pish on a transfer thread! This is what happens when everything gets combined in to one thread. It becomes impossible to follow.

For anyone other than the OF to win the league 3 or 4 teams capable of taking points off BOTH of them are required 

Stars aligned in the 80’s

never since

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Super 

Another reason to dislike the petulant **** 😀

I was more interested in what his departure from Everton would mean for Simms

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What you should do then is look at the Hearts website instead of JKB!

This is not a news site, it's a forum where people can talk pish to their heart's content as long as vageuly ish on topic.  And it'd be worse without it.

😄

Mostly because it's true.

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

For anyone other than the OF to win the league 3 or 4 teams capable of taking points off BOTH of them are required 

Stars aligned in the 80’s

never since

The whole landscape of football has changed since the 80's, including 3 points for a win rather than 2 back then. That makes it even harder to get close to them when you are drawing games. The money involved now is a massive gap, we could get near them back then as the gulf wasn't as big financially as it is now. As others have said if we could beat them regularly we would be right in the mix. Look at the 97/98 season, I think we took 3 points from the old firm that season (1-1 with Celtic at home, 0-0 at Parkhead and 2-2 at Ibrox) and we finished 7 points behind. Had we managed to beat them both a couple of times we would have won the league. 

16 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Hahaha just shows you how little the journalists in this country know about anyone outside the OF! 

Its opening themselves up to more than that too.

Not really a great look to post the wrong black face. The Sun probably does think 'they all look the same'. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

The whole landscape of football has changed since the 80's, including 3 points for a win rather than 2 back then. That makes it even harder to get close to them when you are drawing games. The money involved now is a massive gap, we could get near them back then as the gulf wasn't as big financially as it is now. As others have said if we could beat them regularly we would be right in the mix. Look at the 97/98 season, I think we took 3 points from the old firm that season (1-1 with Celtic at home, 0-0 at Parkhead and 2-2 at Ibrox) and we finished 7 points behind. Had we managed to beat them both a couple of times we would have won the league. 

i just had a look and did not realise it was as late as 94 when we changed to 3 points for a win

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Athletico who spent £100million on felix? Sighed Suarez.  

proportionally, their wage bill is far closer to Madrid and Barca than ours is to the old firm 

I do agree though, we have to be brave and get much closer. 

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Athletico signed a 19 year old 2 years ago for €120M 😂 they also have a brand new 65,000 seater stadium we’re nothing like them in any sense. If anything we’re like Stuttgart winning the Bundesliga 15 odd year ago

Atletico won the league in 2014 before spending 100s of millions on individual players. They were playing at their old ground then too. 

I purely meant it on the basis of a fairly big team in the country coming out on top against 2 giants who win it every year.

Percival King
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

There are some players whose Hearts career seems to be encapsulated in just one moment or game and years later they're  remembered for that - Davie Bowman going in goals and getting sent off in the same game, Hans Eskilsson at Stark's Park, Colin Cramb pirouetting from a yard out to get the ball on his good foot (then missing) and Damour's on that list for the derby on Boxing Day 2019. Glad he's away.

32 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

just the wrong one.

They’ve changed the picture now.

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I was more interested in what his departure from Everton would mean for Simms

simms isn’t going to be playing for Everton

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Atletico won the league in 2014 before spending 100s of millions on individual players. They were playing at their old ground then too. 

I purely meant it on the basis of a fairly big team in the country coming out on top against 2 giants who win it every year.

agreed mate. Just making the point that easier for Athletico to challenge in Spain than it is for us here unfortunately. Proportionally the gap is far bigger

even then they had top top players.. did they. It have David Villa and Diego Costa up front? 

we don’t seem to be able to hold talent long enough to make a real team.  This is why I think we really need to speculate,  don’t hold back anything.. spend everything we can responsibly of course on players we are confident will push us forward and command a big fee should they leave.. so that money can be reinvested.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

simms isn’t going to be playing for Everton

Why do you say that?

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Why do you say that?

Either be at hearts or another team I imagine 

however few posters on here seem to think he’s definitely coming back

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

It really isn't.

When Leicester won the league in 2016, their wage bill ratio to the 'big 6' was around 1:2/2.5. So roughly around half of what say Liverpool spend on wages.

For comparison Rangers and Celtic currently spend around 8x the budgets of the next biggest clubs Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen. And around 14x the likes of Motherwell.

La Liga is possibly a bit more relevant, but even then Real Madrid have around 4x the budget of Atletico, which is still around half the deficit in Scotland.

This is of course not accounting for Rangers and Celtic's capacity to spend several million on transfer fees each year, whereas the next biggest spend is typically a few hundred thousand at most.

Hearts or any other non 'Old Firm' team winning the league in those circumstances, really would be one of the greatest footballing miracles in history.

When atletico won the league in 2014 I'd expect the budget difference was far greater than 4x.

I agree that any other team winning the league would be an incredible achievement. 

29 minutes ago, Percival King said:

There are some players whose Hearts career seems to be encapsulated in just one moment or game and years later they're  remembered for that - Davie Bowman going in goals and getting sent off in the same game, Hans Eskilsson at Stark's Park, Colin Cramb pirouetting from a yard out to get the ball on his good foot (then missing) and Damour's on that list for the derby on Boxing Day 2019. Glad he's away.

Bowman going in goal and getting sent off; was that against Dundee United, midweek game at Tynecastle around '84?

Percival King
Just now, oxfordman said:

Bowman going in goal and getting sent off; was that against Dundee United, midweek game at Tynecastle around '84?

Well remembered. I can't be sure but it might have been a League Cup tie. He did okay in goal until Smith came back on.

Just now, Percival King said:

Well remembered. I can't be sure but it might have been a League Cup tie. He did okay in goal until Smith came back on.

Yes, I think it might have been League Cup. Paul Hegarty clattered Henry from memory

Percival King
Just now, oxfordman said:

Yes, I think it might have been League Cup. Paul Hegarty clattered Henry from memory

You've got a better memory than me!

1 minute ago, Percival King said:

You've got a better memory than me!

Maybe! There's loads of games/incidents I don't remember mind you! That one just seems to have stuck.

Seymour M Hersh
44 minutes ago, Percival King said:

What did Jon Bon Jovi (Eskilsson) do at Stark's Park? 

kingantti1874
33 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Why do you say that?

he’s not EPL level IMO.  He can get there, but they won’t rely on simms this season in my opinion

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I can only remember him scoring twice at home to Partick and missing a sitter in the new years game at Easter Road. I remember he said the noise of the crowd put him off! 

Percival King
10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hans is in that beautiful blue and white striped away top, he collects a pass in the centre circle, he only has one option - to go for goal alone. Only him and the keeper in the Raith half, heads towards the goal with a stand full of Jambos behind the Raith goal all urging him to score,  gets to the 18 yard line, only the keeper to beat, he MUST score before he throws himself into the maroon throng behind the goal, hail Hans the big haired Hearts hero ........then makes a hash of it. That's my recollection.

2 hours ago, John Rambo said:

Aware this is a transfer thread but agree with most of this and have posted a few times about how we crack the erse cheeks, pardon the pun!

While our budget is only an 9th/10th of theirs, it is highly unlikely we can win the league as finance/resources triupmh 99% of the time. If we can get the budget to perhaps a quarter/third of theirs, allied with smart infrastructure ( scouting, recruitment, sports science, sales maximisation ) we will have a fighting chance. Having to play the cheeks 8 times per season is also a killer as noted.

The closest we have been in my lifetime is 7 minutes away at Dens in 1986. With the tic winning that year they started an old firm footballing arms race that persists to this day. In the 37 completed seasons since the sheep won in 84-85, only 2 teams have won the league. In the 37 seasons prior to the sheep, 8 teams won the league. Until there is real, fundamental change at the very top, the duopoly will perpetuate.

However, I am always positive and have a can do attitude and reason that one day, hopefully soon, the stars will allign and we WILL win the league once more. We need lady luck to not only shine brightly upon us, she needs to move in and become our lifetime partner!

I have a feel we are building, slowly but surely, for sustained success in the long term. We have good people at the club now who want to achieve great things with Hearts.

More power to them I say.

Completely agree. 

scouting, transfers and success on the pitch, alongside smart infrastructure development put us in a better political position to push for the necessary rule changes. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Wee Hammy said:

Thought folk would find this insight into Grants early career interesting - it’s taken from a book “The Nowhere Men” which is all about football scouts and how the system works and is well worth a read. The game in question is a trial to get into the Nike Academy which looked to pick up the best young players released by clubs.

The solitary club representative was David

Dodds, assistant academy manager at Reading. He offered moral support to Jorge Grant, who had been released because of a numbers game, triggered by the desire of Anton Zingarevich, the club's new Russian

owner, to replenish the academy with prospects from Europe, and beyond.

The folly of the decision was instantly apparent.

Grant, known as 'Yellow Ten' for the day, was, at 17, one of the youngest triallists. Small but nimble, he moved with the fluidity of a fawn in flight across open country,

He was billed as a central midfield player, but his game intelligence allowed him to operate wide, on either flank or as a second striker. He had a great appreciation of

space and an eye for goal. Gilligan reminded his brains trust, This is all about who we can get out of the back

door, and into a club?' Giving Grant an opportuniy to do so was a no-brainer:

Sounds good, hopefully he’s ready for the new challenge and his best years are imminent. 

Captain Lithuania
11 minutes ago, Chong said:

Hes not replacing a guy that cost £60m

I agree. I think Everton will go out and sign a striker or two with the money. 

portobellojambo1

Not sure if rhis is the right thread or not but I'll give it a bash. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether or not the transfer of Richarlison from Everton to Tottenham could impact on us getting Simms on another loan this coming season (or are Evertom more likelyto invest his transfer in another striker purxhase rather than promote Simms to the first team squad 

Edited by portobellojambo1

15 minutes ago, Chong said:

Hes not replacing a guy that cost £60m

I agree. Simms is good, but he isn’t ready to start for an EPL side in place of a big money signing. He’ll be looking at the odd appearance off the bench if he’s lucky.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not sure if rhis is the right thread oe not bur I'll give it a bash. Does anyone have any thoughrs on whether or not the transfer of Richarlison from Everton to Tottenham could impact on us getting Simms on another loan yhis coming season (or are Evertom more ilikely to invest his transfer in another striker purxhase rather than promote Simms to the first team squad 

I think it might delay it until they get other strikers in

grumpyespana
22 hours ago, Sooks said:

Nine in one game it is a tall order but I would take it 

I done that twice in my younger days lol.

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I think it might delay it until they get other strikers in

Fair point. There’s no chance they will go into the new season with Simms as a starter, but they won’t want to let go of him until they have enough cover. So we should be looking to sign someone else (Shankland??) and then if we get Simms it will be a nice bonus.

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not sure if rhis is the right thread or not but I'll give it a bash. Does anyone have any thoughrs on whether or not the transfer of Richarlison from Everton to Tottenham could impact on us getting Simms on another loan this coming season (or are Evertom more likely to invest his transfer in another striker purxhase rather than promote Simms to the first team squad 

Probably no difference. Simms is still one for the future for Everton. Another loan most likely. 

Back to 2005
1 hour ago, oxfordman said:

I remember him going in goals. Was the league cup semi first leg. Don’t think he got sent off though as far as I can recall? 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably no difference. Simms is still one for the future for Everton. Another loan most likely. 

Yeah I only see us bagging another season long loan tbh. Monumental stuff if we can get a permanent transfer though.

He's obviously far from the finished article but there are things about his game you feel he may just make it in the EPL. 

I'd be satisfied if we manage one more season out him and Everton get a player back in their fold who has been a top striker with European experience.

10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not sure if rhis is the right thread or not but I'll give it a bash. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether or not the transfer of Richarlison from Everton to Tottenham could impact on us getting Simms on another loan this coming season (or are Evertom more likelyto invest his transfer in another striker purxhase rather than promote Simms to the first team squad 

Financially, Everton have the cost of the new stadium plus the FFP fine to pay for and will likely take up most, if not all, the Richarlison money.  They just avoided relegation so likely some fresh legs will be added.  IMHO, Simms is not ready for first team, but whether he returns to Hearts is another story.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Leisham38 said:

just the wrong one.

Who’s that?

Ccjambo1874
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not sure if rhis is the right thread oe not bur I'll give it a bash. Does anyone have any thoughrs on whether or not the transfer of Richarlison from Everton to Tottenham could impact on us getting Simms on another loan yhis coming season (or are Evertom more ilikely to invest his transfer in another striker purxhase rather than promote Simms to the first team squad 

Maybe not to the same extent but possibly for the same reasons, it might be beneficial from an accountancy standpoint for us to not making any purchases or spend any money until after tomorrow when it resets also. Offsets the finances with any TV money that we receive after the competition. Not that we are in anywhere near the same situation as Everton but might be the case from an Accountancy point of view if we've spent £x amount on Grant and Cochrane so far.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Jordan Roberts, ex hearts player you should know 

Ummm 🤔 I doubt  I’m the only one on here who didn’t know who he was mate 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Gerrard got them fit as ****.Turned them into an Epl side in terms of fitness.

Certainly laid the ground rules, tactically they just seem so much better now, hence our difficulties since December

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Following their flirtation with relegation, I doubt Everton will go with anything other than proven. There is a bit of a no mans land for players like Simms, if they want to stay in the UK. Unless Scottish football improves further, gains cash influx, there is a bit of a gap, where he probably costs too much for Scottish clubs but isn't good enough for EPL. We are trying to bridge that gap, but can we? If we can plenty good players to pick up from England, maybe the European mini season is just enough to get us away from Coventry and QPR who sought Cochrane, but I have Simms a notch or two above Alex, and of course he is an attacker, they generally have more options.

I don't think Everton are our problem, an ambitious Championship team, more so, Millwall flashing cash this summer as an example

kingantti1874

The point vegas made on fitness is correct but materially irritating.

why can’t we be as fit as EPL teams? Watching them out run us in the cup final was gut wrenching (albeit I accept we had a number of players returning from long periods out) but that aside rangers were fitter than any team in the league.

really no excuse for it 

Brick Tamland
26 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm 🤔 I doubt  I’m the only one on here who didn’t know who he was mate 

Ummm I think you are unless your fellow H1b5 pals on here didn't recognise him either

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***