*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

53 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Ahh hated the Colonel with his wee beeeady eyes and that smug face "Oh look you're gonnae buy mah chicken" 

Some film 🤣

Scottish martial art, it's call fukyoo and consists mostly of headbutting and kicking people when they're on the ground

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet
53 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Ahh hated the Colonel with his wee beeeady eyes and that smug face "Oh look you're gonnae buy mah chicken" 

Some film 🤣

“Dad, how can you hate the Colonel?”

”Because he puts a chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly, smart arse!”

:lol:

(Before anyone claims this is off topic, it started with Lawrence Shankland, and his heid, and had now clearly moved onto players who are chicken hearted)

OmiyaHearts

Neilson got us comfortably 3rd, euro groups, cup final, loads of money and some very good signings.

Seriously, what more do people want in 1st season back after promotion?

*sorry was off topic 

Edited by OmiyaHearts

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

I have gone from get Robbie out to still not 100% sure   I still think that he is tactically naive at times and doesn't fill me with confidence     We have a good squad now and I just hope that he can grow with them as he is no way the finished article   

Take your negativity elsewhere pls 

Rick Sanchez

I'm 100% behind Robbie as other than winning one of the cups, he can do no better in my eyes, unfortunately. Atleast until a decent run of maybe 4/5 consecutive years in Europe.

He does however annoy the hell out of me tactically sometimes. But 🤷‍♂️

No idea why we're even talking about it.

Ronan or Levitt will be a real statement of intent. And I've always said I prefer Hungbo, he's direct and takes people on. Think we got Forrest for that though.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Take your negativity elsewhere pls 

think if you look at my OP I wasn't negative I then answered a question with my opinion 

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Neilson got us comfortably 3rd, euro groups, cup final, loads of money and some very good signings.

Credit where credit’s due, but going on who we signed pre-Savage under Neilson (in both his spells) I’m not entirely sure we can credit him with the good signings. That’s a Savage and recruitment team credit in my opinion.

johnking123
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Credit where credit’s due, but going on who we signed pre-Savage under Neilson (in both his spells) I’m not entirely sure we can credit him with the good signings. That’s a Savage and recruitment team credit in my opinion.

We did have good signings first time around.  But Levein started to get to involved and went tits up from there. 2nd in league when he left. Look what happened a couple years after 🤔. He deserves more credit both times.

Edited by johnking123

RustyRightPeg
20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Can't speak for the other poster but as we prepare for a European campaign this still lingers in my mind:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36821061

I'm edging ever closer to 'sure', but I'm not there yet.

Check the line up & bench 😂 was a miracle we were in Europe based on that

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, awadooningorgie2 said:

Look at that team though - I don't think one of them would get in our team now with some massive differences starting with Jack Hamilton vs Craig Gordon!!

• 1Hamilton
  • 24Smith
  • Substituted forDelgado Lloriaat 58'minutes
  • 5Ozturk
  • 4Rossi
  • Substituted forMuirheadat 75'minutes
  • 3Rherras
  • 2Paterson
  • 8Buaben
  • Substituted forCowieat 81'minutes
  • 10Sutchuin-Djoum
  • 11Nicholson
  • 7WalkerBooked at 90mins
  • 18Sammon

Yeah that does show you the difference. Though I would Djoum and Rossi (at that time) could get into our team. Paterson and Walker on their day at that time were cracking players.

But yeah we have a much better team now, its mad to consider how much under Robbie and Joe they have reworked their team in just 2 years. As it stands, going into this season (not counting youngsters) there is only 3 players in the squad that were here in 2019/20 season (Smith, Halkett and Haring. Though Haring didn't play a single game in that season.)

1 minute ago, awadooningorgie2 said:

Look at that team though - I don't think one of them would get in our team now with some massive differences starting with Jack Hamilton vs Craig Gordon!!

• 1Hamilton
  • 24Smith
  • 5Ozturk
  • 4Rossi
  • 3Rherras
  • 2Paterson
  • 8Buaben
  • 10Sutchuin-Djoum
  • 11Nicholson
  • 18Sammon

Perhaps only Djoum (especially with Beni injured) and perhaps Rossi but then we just signed WeelFired, so even with Kingsley moving wider, don't hugely see a place for him.

Paterson at his best gets in, imo, where is the tricky bit!

26 minutes ago, awadooningorgie2 said:

• 1Hamilton
  • 24Smith
  • 5Ozturk
  • 4Rossi
  • 3Rherras
  • 2Paterson
  • 8Buaben
  • 10Sutchuin-Djoum
  • 11Nicholson
  • 18Sammon

Rossi would stroll into the current team

AlphonseCapone
30 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

I have gone from get Robbie out to still not 100% sure   I still think that he is tactically naive at times and doesn't fill me with confidence     We have a good squad now and I just hope that he can grow with them as he is no way the finished article   

What manager is the finished article? 

Batistuta87
38 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would like to see 7 more signings

Gk (Jamie Macdonald on a low wage 2 year deal? Would make sense for me)

LB - no idea? (maybe Cochrane back on loan)

CB (right sided) - (Stuart Findlay)

RW/RST - (Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa)

CAM - (Connor Ronan)

CF - (Lawrence Shankland)

CF - (maybe one of Simpson/Parrot or Hungbo? Would love to get Simms back on loan but I doubt it)

No doubt we will probably sign no one from that list lol, but just think those are the positions we need better quality in.

I think there will be at least 3 first team players leave as well, my guess is Mceneff, GMS and Smith.

All pretty acceptable options tbh - don't think I would be too unhappy if we signed any of these guys. Findlay is left-sided though so don't think he'll be on our radar considering we've just signed Rowles. We'll be after a right-sided Souttar replacement I would think.

Found a lad called Andrei Chindris, free agent who has been in the Belgian leagues most of his career; most recently playing in Portugal with Santa Clara who finished mid table. He's 23yo, both-footed, can play central, left, right in a back four or a back five, can also play full back, would be very affordable... 

Don't think we'll be going back in for Ogashiwa either but would be more than happy if we did. Think we might loan someone in from down south. 

And if we don't get Simms back, I'd love to see us put our big boy trousers on and ask another PL side for a young stiker on loan - Fabio Silva from Wolves is apparently to be loaned out, Sam Greenwood from Leeds, Rory Delap from Man City, Adam Idah from Norwich, Josh Sargent from Norwich - could all benefit from some European football (but no idea if available / realistic etc).\

Dick Dastardly
35 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Agreed he has the talent but I’d question his work rate and attitude. He just gives off that he has talent and that will see him through, which it did a couple of times to be fair. But there were so many games where he was an empty jersey. If you could get into his head that he’s a Hearts player, not a Liverpool player waiting to score a hat trick into the Kop, you might get quite a lot more out of him, and that in turn might get him a big move eventually. If we sign him on a moderate wage and give him a chance as an actual signed Hearts player, then fine, it might work. But he doesn’t actually deserve the chance IMO because he didn’t do enough on loan with us.

There were definitely more empty than full Jersey days, i won't argue with that. He did seem to fit in with the squad and didn't seem to resent playing a bit part. I thought he maybe tried too hard when he got a chance and then, when that didn't work, his head would drop. He definitely needs to realise that he will never play at the level of Liverpool again. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

All pretty acceptable options tbh - don't think I would be too unhappy if we signed any of these guys. Findlay is left-sided though so don't think he'll be on our radar considering we've just signed Rowles. We'll be after a right-sided Souttar replacement I would think.

Found a lad called Andrei Chindris, free agent who has been in the Belgian leagues most of his career; most recently playing in Portugal with Santa Clara who finished mid table. He's 23yo, both-footed, can play central, left, right in a back four or a back five, can also play full back, would be very affordable... 

Don't think we'll be going back in for Ogashiwa either but would be more than happy if we did. Think we might loan someone in from down south. 

And if we don't get Simms back, I'd love to see us put our big boy trousers on and ask another PL side for a young stiker on loan - Fabio Silva from Wolves is apparently to be loaned out, Sam Greenwood from Leeds, Rory Delap from Man City, Adam Idah from Norwich, Josh Sargent from Norwich - could all benefit from some European football (but no idea if available / realistic etc).\

I remember a while back someone saying we were looking at a young Leeds striker which permitted on them staying up. 

They only have Geldhart & Greenwood in that mould who are first team ready. Geldhart played a big part in keeping them up so I can only presume Greenwood, who Arsenal rated highly, but he left to go to Leeds for first team football. 

Dick Dastardly
37 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Can't speak for the other poster but as we prepare for a European campaign this still lingers in my mind:

He is far from perfect and is, obviously, still learning his trade. The team around his is a much better crutch for him now. Lets hope this season can fully convert you and wipe those horrible memories from your brain 🧠.  HHGH FTH

Dick Dastardly
38 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

Hey thats fair enough. At least you are open to change your opinion. That's something that a few on here don't seem capable of doing. 

24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People seem to forget that last time RN was here we were just out of admin with little or no money, needing a new stand and a new playing surface.  To compare us then with now is absurd to say the least.

As Boris might say, we need to move on.

Absolute Scenes
54 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I was there too and it was horrid - however i do believe we have a squad better than that last one. Considering Sammon was our "talisman" leading the line. 

I thought this was a transfer thread not a Robbie discussion. Plenty other threads to discuss our manager on here. 

BackOfTheNet
27 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We did have good signings first time around.  But Levein started to get to involved and went tits up from there. 2nd in league when he left. Look what happened a couple years after 🤔. He deserves more credit both times.

I wasn’t having a go at Neilson, by the way, it’s just the dynamics of the club. We have a Sporting Director for the transfer dealings and a Coach to coach. Very continental in that approach, something we tried to do under Romanov and got lambasted in the press for it, and some of our fans thought the same too. (Different circumstances, I grant you)

I’m just saying that signings like Baningime, Devlin, Atkinson, Simms, Cochrane etc were not exactly people on Neilson’s radar. McKay was, I’m sure. But of course he has a say in them. I guess my point is we’re signing these players because of Savage and his recruitment team, and if they weren’t there Neilson most likely wouldn’t know of them unless whatever scouting team was in place instead brought the names to him. That’s why I find it odd to give him credit for the signings. It’s not as if Savage has given a list of players to Neilson and wanted us to sign Callum Butcher and Neilson argued for Baningime instead, is it?

But again, this is a normal way of modern of football so it’s not an insult to say he shouldn’t be credited with the signings. As I said in the original post, credit where credit’s due on the 3rd place, Europe and cup runs and everything. But signings credit is a wee stretch. If you’re arguing his tactics / coaching made the signings successful then that’s something different.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, PapaShango said:

I thought this was a transfer thread not a Robbie discussion. Plenty other threads to discuss our manager on here. 

To be fair, the discussion on Neilson is about his involvement in signings. It’s pretty damn on topic.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

To be fair, the discussion on Neilson is about his involvement in signings. It’s pretty damn on topic.

No it's not, it's discussing games from years ago and players we had back then. This thread is about transfer rumours and signings, the discussion is about people saying they are not 100% behind him. How is that on topic?

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I wasn’t having a go at Neilson, by the way, it’s just the dynamics of the club. We have a Sporting Director for the transfer dealings and a Coach to coach. Very continental in that approach, something we tried to do under Romanov and got lambasted in the press for it, and some of our fans thought the same too. (Different circumstances, I grant you)

I’m just saying that signings like Baningime, Devlin, Atkinson, Simms, Cochrane etc were not exactly people on Neilson’s radar. McKay was, I’m sure. But of course he has a say in them. I guess my point is we’re signing these players because of Savage and his recruitment team, and if they weren’t there Neilson most likely wouldn’t know of them unless whatever scouting team was in place instead brought the names to him. That’s why I find it odd to give him credit for the signings. It’s not as if Savage has given a list of players to Neilson and wanted us to sign Callum Butcher and Neilson argued for Baningime instead, is it?

But again, this is a normal way of modern of football so it’s not an insult to say he shouldn’t be credited with the signings. As I said in the original post, credit where credit’s due on the 3rd place, Europe and cup runs and everything. But signings credit is a wee stretch. If you’re arguing his tactics / coaching made the signings successful then that’s something different.

i get what you are saying, but the way that our recruitment is going, we have an entire team behind it, not just the manager doing it all (like Levein and the scout boy did) - Savage making things happen, Neilson and Analysts identifying the types of players. Thats shouldnt be a slight on Neilson as he still has the vision to see what types of players we need, the other team members just make it happen. Still need to give Neilson credit for his part in signings

2 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Liam Delap of Man City recently started pumping a lassie from Edinburgh.

Send him up here, Pep 👍🏼

That might be the best exclusive ever!!

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

No it's not, it's discussing games from years ago and players we had back then. This thread is about transfer rumours and signings, the discussion is about people saying they are not 100% behind him. How is that on topic?

Well I was specifically talking about the discussion saying whether or not he should get credit for transfers, which has its place in a transfer thread. As for the previous European campaign, it’s been brought up to discuss the difference in squads from then to now and the level of player we’re looking to get in. And also, I think, whether or not getting the better player in will make much of a difference. A looser hold on the topic I grant you, but I’d still say it’s on topic.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i get what you are saying, but the way that our recruitment is going, we have an entire team behind it, not just the manager doing it all (like Levein and the scout boy did) - Savage making things happen, Neilson and Analysts identifying the types of players. Thats shouldnt be a slight on Neilson as he still has the vision to see what types of players we need, the other team members just make it happen. Still need to give Neilson credit for his part in signings

Putting it the way you did, I agree. But the way it was initially was he should credit for the signings, not just the part he played in them. Which as I say, was a stretch. Mostly as I think he identifies the type of player he wants, it’s then down to others to find the level of quality to fill that role.

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

*sorry was off topic 

He's done it twice as well. 

We've finished 3rd twice in about 10 years - both under him. 

Folk still trying to shit on him. 

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Liam Delap of Man City recently started pumping a lassie from Edinburgh.

Send him up here, Pep 👍🏼

Outstanding intel. 

How's my driving
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Some film 🤣

He put an addictive chemical that make you crave it fortnightly, smart arse

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Putting it the way you did, I agree. But the way it was initially was he should credit for the signings, not just the part he played in them. Which as I say, was a stretch. Mostly as I think he identifies the type of player he wants, it’s then down to others to find the level of quality to fill that role.

The thread is NOT about who gets credit for signings: it's about rumours, info etc about THIS summer window.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Ronan I think would be a good signing

LB we are covered with Kingsley and Halliday at the moment. I think we’ll take a loan player for that area too

Strikers we need 2 of. Shankland fine by me but I don’t want an old fashioned target man. No one plays that way anymore, certainly not us. Probably another year with a decent quality loan and probably not Simms.

Another CB essential for me. We look lacking in experience there still.

GK. I don’t fancy Stewart but when you have an unmovable no1 it’s going to be hard to convince a decent young no 2 to sit on the bench for 2 years.

I think we might see 2 strikers maybe 1/2 more attacking midfielders/wingers and another CB signed, then 2/3 loans towards the end of the window

Be careful JC, there are plenty about who want CP back and a return to ‘playing for seconds’!

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

yeah i know what you mean. Savage is the main guy pulling strings there i think. Very lucky to have him

1 hour ago, awadooningorgie2 said:

• 1Hamilton
  • 24Smith
  • 5Ozturk
  • 4Rossi
  • 3Rherras
  • 2Paterson
  • 8Buaben
  • 10Sutchuin-Djoum
  • 11Nicholson
  • 18Sammon

Indeed. Still enough there to beat Birkirkara though imo.

57 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Check the line up & bench 😂 was a miracle we were in Europe based on that

I'd bet the Birkirkara fans thought the same 😂

53 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Another 'all maroon' defeat.

Hope we don't start fannying about with maroon shorts for this year's Euro adventures. 

Agreed, not a fan of all maroon.

37 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He is far from perfect and is, obviously, still learning his trade. The team around his is a much better crutch for him now. Lets hope this season can fully convert you and wipe those horrible memories from your brain 🧠.  HHGH FTH

23 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I was there too and it was horrid - however i do believe we have a squad better than that last one. Considering Sammon was our "talisman" leading the line. 

Absolutely, I'm confident well do well (relatively). Was just offering perspective on why I've painful memories giving me nagging doubts 👍

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, lou said:

It's really not, nowhere near the player that left us

would still be dominant in this league 

Don't get the clamour for Paterson. Very limited player who ran through brick walls for us back in the day. Now just a very limited player imo. 

Remember a thread at the time he left with people claiming he'd be some kind of EPL mainstay 🤣

Edited by Taffin

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The thread is NOT about who gets credit for signings: it's about rumours, info etc about THIS summer window.

Who made you a mod? How can talk about our recruitment and signing policy be out of place in a transfer thread?

Tommy Brown
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Indeed. Still enough there to beat Birkirkara though imo.

I'd bet the Birkirkara fans thought the same 😂

Agreed, not a fan of all maroon.

Absolutely, I'm confident well do well (relatively). Was just offering perspective on why I've painful memories giving me nagging doubts 👍

MAROON TOP & SHORTS WITH WHITE SOCKS WOULD LOOK GOOD (apologies, didn't mean to shout)

memory failure: who?

• Substituted forDelgado Lloriaat 58'minutes

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

MAROON TOP & SHORTS WITH WHITE SOCKS WOULD LOOK GOOD (apologies, didn't mean to shout)

Juanma 

Art Garfunkle Jr
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

What about the portobello pirlo?

Definitely not Scottish championship is his level imo

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Juanma (I think)

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

It is a fair shout ........................... if you get a wee chance though have a listen to his interview on the Scarves Around the Funnel podcast from a few days ago because he talks quite openly and honestly about that and what has changed in how we will approach Europe

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sam Greenwood, not a hope, Leeds like him a lot, he will be in Leeds team or bench every week

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***