*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Hope CR signs from wolves he was brilliant for st mirren last few months a definite good signing of we get him.

Would love to see us get Charles cook as well 

How slow is your Internet? 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Christ, we have people moaning that discussing transfer policy and how the recruitment team operate now as opposed to previous years is apparently going off topic for a transfer thread, yet let’s just talk endlessly about a player who will never, ever, ever, join us during this window (mainly because he’s an expensive player that hasn’t played well in about 3 years). Right. Perfect sense.

Keep trying to justify it

Two wrongs don't make a right but at least there's some reasonable connection to transfers

However we now know it cannot possibly happen because you have pronounced judgment.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Those were great players. Callum Paterson isn't a great player.

Paterson isn't joining us and so he's increasingly off topic in this thread, but the man had 32 appearances for a team that got promoted to the EPL then 27 appearances in that team. We've not had many players who were that standard.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Keep trying to justify it

Two wrongs don't make a right but at least there's some reasonable connection to transfers

However we now know it cannot possibly happen because you have pronounced judgment.

See previous pages where there is plenty of documentation of Wednesday's 1 year option, their intent to trigger it, and Paterson's happiness with this.

It's done, CP isn't coming in this window, end of.

Aussie Jambo

I agree. Paterson would be a great return  He loved playing for the Jambos and I want to see his radge goal celebrations again especially against Hobos  

You never know in the world of football. I can’t see anything about him renewing with Wednesday. He’s on £22500 a week with them. Over a million a year. If we get him on s free then it’s doable. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, briever said:

There is no doubt we should have played the laddies in the last few games - I am not advocating throwing players in for the sake of it, I am perfectly aware of how difficult young players can find the game now with players much fitter and stronger than in the past.  But we had 5 dead rubber games and an opportunity to play a few of them in games we fecking lost anyway.

Playing for Hearts is a job, first and foremost - its a club some players grow up supporting and playing for them might feel like something more than a job - but to try and make it out to be some sort of honour is just daft - smacked of him trying to justify his non selection.  Some managers are like that, not got a great deal of trust in young players and that's fine - dont try and hide it behind honour bollocks.

If you follow Hearts you would know there were youth games ongoing while others were on loan and not able to play as a result. 

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If you follow Hearts you would know there were youth games ongoing while others were on loan and not able to play as a result. 

Piss off with the "if you follow Hearts" crap - I know there were limited choices in the break, I equally know he didn't choose to make any of them.

29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I watch Shanklands team every week 

That must be painful 😃😃

10 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Interesting folk saying we will be looking for an attacking midfielder. When was the last time we had a good one or even played with one? Struggling to remember.

Rudi in his second spell. Walker for about 10 minutes when he stopped being a winger and before he wanted to be a hun. 

2 minutes ago, CMc said:

Rudi in his second spell. Walker for about 10 minutes when he stopped being a winger and before he wanted to be a hun. 

When you think it's been the goto position for every young kid in the last 12yrs its strange we haven't had any at the club.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, briever said:

Piss off with the "if you follow Hearts" crap - I know there were limited choices in the break, I equally know he didn't choose to make any of them.

Aye ok then :rofl:

25 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Paterson isn't joining us and so he's increasingly off topic in this thread, but the man had 32 appearances for a team that got promoted to the EPL then 27 appearances in that team. We've not had many players who were that standard.

And?

Glen Whelan had 277 appearances in the EPL, played 35 times in the Championship for Aston Villa who were promoted to the EPL the season before he joined us and he was absolutely humming. 

heartsfc_fan
15 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I agree. Paterson would be a great return  He loved playing for the Jambos and I want to see his radge goal celebrations again especially against Hobos  

You never know in the world of football. I can’t see anything about him renewing with Wednesday. He’s on £22500 a week with them. Over a million a year. If we get him on s free then it’s doable. 

£22,500 a week?

Not sure how reliable this is:

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/sheffield-wednesday/

9 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I’m hoping you don’t mean £1million a year is doable ?

Our top earner before the renewals at the tail end of the season was Craig Gordon on less than £5k a week. I assume he is still top. He certainly should be and I certainly wouldn’t pay Paterson more than Gordon.

Is Paterson going to take a 75% drop when he just needs to make a case to SW for another year or he can still get another Championship club on 3 times what wed pay him.

There is evidence that he cares a lot for us but he might only have another year or 2 on big money and in his shoes I’d be taking it. If he wants his autumn years at Tynecastle for next to no money, good on him but that’s 2-3 years down the line and only if he keeps the weight off and his head is right.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

And?

Glen Whelan had 277 appearances in the EPL, played 35 times in the Championship for Aston Villa who were promoted to the EPL the season before he joined us and he was absolutely humming. 

So many folk wrapped up in meaningless stats - everyone knows what we would get from CP if he ended up back here - trotting out meaningless stats on how he performed in England 5yrs ago means feck all.

Neilson was talking about how he felt playing for the Hearts is an honour, ironically CP is one player who played exactly like that for us.

8 hours ago, maroon said:

It’s time to bring Dr. Funk home

It’s 5 (years) past Funk O’Clock. 

unless he’s coming back as goal celebration coach. Then I’m down. 

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

And?

Glen Whelan had 277 appearances in the EPL, played 35 times in the Championship for Aston Villa who were promoted to the EPL the season before he joined us and he was absolutely humming

Think you're being extremely generous in that assessment.

Kennyfragg13
23 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Lol

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s out of contract isn’t he. We need all types of players.. Calum Paterson was one of the most “effective” we’ve ever had and is at prime age

No. He’s not. The boy from Sheffield keeps popping up daily to tell us. Transfer Markt just hasn’t updated for his extension. 

would involve a transfer fee. 

folk seem to be ignoRing this though. 

Aussie Jambo
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Our top earner before the renewals at the tail end of the season was Craig Gordon on less than £5k a week. I assume he is still top. He certainly should be and I certainly wouldn’t pay Paterson more than Gordon.

Is Paterson going to take a 75% drop when he just needs to make a case to SW for another year or he can still get another Championship club on 3 times what wed pay him.

There is evidence that he cares a lot for us but he might only have another year or 2 on big money and in his shoes I’d be taking it. If he wants his autumn years at Tynecastle for next to no money, good on him but that’s 2-3 years down the line and only if he keeps the weight off and his head is right.

Hickey money could in theory pay for him. But I doubt he would take less money to come back to Hearts. I would love to see him come back but alas you’re probably right. 

1 minute ago, CMc said:

No. He’s not. The boy from Sheffield keeps popping up daily to tell us. Transfer Markt just hasn’t updated for his extension. 

What are terms of the extension clause?

Wouldn't it have to be mutual?

Phil D. Corners
1 minute ago, briever said:

If I’ve understood kickback correctly his contract has been extended as he was playing a certain number of games badly. 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Hickey money could in theory pay for him. But I doubt he would take less money to come back to Hearts. I would love to see him come back but alas you’re probably right. 

Amount wise it could, but I can’t think of anything more potentially stupid to do with the Hickey money than put it in Callum Patersons bank account. 

Hes 27. He’ll get a better deal down there, which is presumably the whole reason for him going to no mark clubs down there in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

If I’ve understood kickback correctly his contract has been extended as he was playing a certain number of games badly. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ha ha 👍

Seen a few pages back something about other Scottish clubs trying to hijack the transfer for Rowles, anyone tell me where was this said/written? 

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How do you and others know players salaries? The only one I have ever known was a Norwegian bloke who played for Liverpool a few years back and that was because it was in the press.  He dropped his pay slip and someone found it and published it.

If memory serves, he was on £27,000 a week.

2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Seen a few pages back something about other Scottish clubs trying to hijack the transfer for Rowles, anyone tell me where was this said/written? 

Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We’ve obviously had success in the Australian market so having identified Kye as a target it was a no brainer to try and bring him to the club.

“He’s clearly a very talented player and he has the potential to get even better, and I think we’ve all seen that Hearts can provide an environment for players to flourish, which is why Kye has chosen us as the best place to continue his career despite late attempts from other Scottish clubs to get involved.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/gorgie-rowles

Edited by Newton51

12 minutes ago, briever said:

It's already been extended.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, CMc said:

Yip. 

Kennyfragg13
41 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Get Ronan and hungo for 1 million between them just an example or 28 year old Patterson with a repaired cruciate hmmmmm that’s a tough one

12 minutes ago, briever said:

it would when he agreed the contract, yes. 

as I understand it, contacts can be offered by the club as 2years (say) with option of another year. These work when the club holds the cards and might have worries a page or injury record. Onus on the player to earn the last year. Guess must offer decent wages to sell it. 

also get options that can be triggered by appearances, etc. like above, but more clear on what player has to do. 

I’m not clear on what is in these deals for the player, apart from a hassle free negotiation at the end of contract. But they’re very common. 

1 minute ago, CMc said:

it would when he agreed the contract, yes. 

as I understand it, contacts can be offered by the club as 2years (say) with option of another year. These work when the club holds the cards and might have worries a page or injury record. Onus on the player to earn the last year. Guess must offer decent wages to sell it. 

also get options that can be triggered by appearances, etc. like above, but more clear on what player has to do. 

I’m not clear on what is in these deals for the player, apart from a hassle free negotiation at the end of contract. But they’re very common. 

Ta 👍

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

How do you and others know players salaries? The only one I have ever known was a Norwegian bloke who played for Liverpool a few years back and that was because it was in the press.  He dropped his pay slip and someone found it and published it.

If memory serves, he was on £27,000 a week.

Part guessing. Part working it out from the accounts. Part unverified information that is out there to find, and it rings true to me given our incoming revenue that £3.5 to £5k a week will be our top end with not that many players even getting that

Edited by JimmyCant

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Paterson is best RB we’ve had at Hearts in 20 years. Would take him in a heartbeat but he’s not worth what he probably gets on the market. What a signing he would be in this team though. Imagine mckay boyce and him as a front 3. That’s goals as ****.

Jeez, this place! constant regurgitation of dire topics like ex players ,who show no interest in rejoining us...and wouldn't enhance us..... Nicholson/ Patterson et al. Ffs, we're in a great place , financially, let's move on and discuss potential signings who'll fit in with our upward trajectory.

17 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We’ve obviously had success in the Australian market so having identified Kye as a target it was a no brainer to try and bring him to the club.

“He’s clearly a very talented player and he has the potential to get even better, and I think we’ve all seen that Hearts can provide an environment for players to flourish, which is why Kye has chosen us as the best place to continue his career despite late attempts from other Scottish clubs to get involved.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/gorgie-rowles

Wtaf? I need my head examined, I read that article looking for that exact line and somehow missed it 🤷

Edited by WDJ87

43 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Absolutely.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Soon to be out of contract I believe. No idea if he is being offered another deal or if anyone else is interested including us.

Why would we be?

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Do you think he will want To come back one day?

Truthfully probably not. Depends on his personal circumstances maybe. His mum was unwell, hence the cancer fundraisers etc he’s doing, thankfully she’s been given the all clear. His Mrs is from here, so all his family and her family is here as well. 

He holds the club in a regard because they gave him the chance, but he doesn’t support Hearts. He doesn’t support anyone as far as I’m aware. He was never in love with football, always wanted to be a dentist when he was younger. He was just an athletic boy and very coachable. A great learner, listener and had a great work ethic so was not a surprise he got a chance. Technically, there was better players at our age but he was a physical specimen.

17 minutes ago, briever said:

Strange, loads of folk said he was dugshite now.

Can't be if he's getting a one year extension on his spell as a utility player at a League One club, of course.

In all seriousness, he isn't dugshite, but he is expensive, he doesn't fill an obvious role in our team and, most importantly, he's not available.

I'm optimistic we'll be able to spend our budget more intelligently anyway.

33 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Part guessing. Part working it out from the accounts. Part unverified information that is out there to find, and it rings true to me given our incoming revenue that £3.5 to £5k a week will be our top end with not that many players even getting that

Good answer.  I would have guessed that CG given his pedigree and status as captain would have been on £10,000 a week but I have no idea.

I would say though that in order to push on we will have to be paying more than you suggest to attract the calbre of players we will need.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Good answer.  I would have guessed that CG given his pedigree and status as captain would have been on £10,000 a week but I have no idea.

I would say though that in order to push on we will have to be paying more than you suggest to attract the calbre of players we will need.

I’d agree, but we need to remember this windfall is potentially a one off. In fact it’s definitely a one off unless we repeat it and keep repeating it. No sense in being left with half a dozen players on 3 year deals over £10k a week(that’s what £3million would buy for a year)if we can’t consolidate 3rd. I think we’ll be fairly conservative with the money and just step back and look at how sustainable this sort of level of revenue is.

Edited by JimmyCant

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***