• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How do you convince a decent keeper to come and play second fiddle to Gordon for 2 years ?

Tough one isn't it.  I like the model of having an experienced end of career goalie as backup ,perhaps getting in to coaching, but not sure that works along with Craig as he's surely wanting to get in to coaching so not enough room...?

Leaves us the option of a young up and comer.  Our own, Stones and McFarlane maybe a year or two off being 2nd choice, so we could really do with someone at say age 22 who is very close to ready and willing to learn from the best and be ready to proper smash it age 23/24 when Craigy steps away.

Who's that though!?!?!

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We already did that on moderate wages though. I can’t see us ending up with a couple of players on wages double what anyone else is getting

Me either and certainly hope it isn’t for Paterson. He isn’t worth breaking wage structures for imo. 

1 minute ago, Masonic said:

league cup games and the odd rotation as CG gets older with a promise of getting chance to be number 1 when CG retires

Im not uo to speed bu,t i noticed Woodburn has been let go by Liverpool ,whats his  situation with Hearts, thanks 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d agree, but we need to do it with others in mind who have shown a bit of faith on a lower wage, like Gordon and McKay and a few others 

100%

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Tough one isn't it.  I like the model of having an experienced end of career goalie as backup ,perhaps getting in to coaching, but not sure that works along with Craig as he's surely wanting to get in to coaching so not enough room...?

Leaves us the option of a young up and comer.  Our own, Stones and McFarlane maybe a year or two off being 2nd choice, so we could really do with someone at say age 22 who is very close to ready and willing to learn from the best and be ready to proper smash it age 23/24 when Craigy steps away.

Who's that though!?!?!

liam kelly scotlands number 2 hes bit older though

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think we will sign one more Centre back, from comments made from Robbie I suspect we are looking for a more experienced  talented centre back (so one of our bigger money signgings.)

That's my gut feeling too.  I think we'll sign a "big name" CH and similar standard CF.  Maybe a bit of dosh thrown at both.  We need a CM too but perhaps more in the free market (Ronan could play there for example, and we do have Cam, Pete, Sibbick, Pollock and even Smith until Beni back)

1 minute ago, SCFHearts said:

Im not uo to speed bu,t i noticed Woodburn has been let go by Liverpool ,whats his  situation with Hearts, thanks 

hearts not wanting him could go anywhere

Just now, Masonic said:

liam kelly scotlands number 2 hes bit older though

But he's been a number 1 for a number of years has he not?  That's a tough sell.  It's the guy who is ready but maybe not established we need.  You never know.  Not an easy call though - never is when a club has such an obvious number 1.

Didn't Man U suffer from this for years, perhaps post Van der Sar?  Didn't have decent backup and couldn't find another goodun?  Maybe I've made that up!

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How do you convince a decent keeper to come and play second fiddle to Gordon for 2 years ?

Stewart is ok,not the best but will do as a stand in. God forbid Gordon gets a long term injury though. I agree, no decent keeper is going to play 2nd fiddle to Craig.

When the time does comes to replace Gordon though, I'd expect Hearts to break our transfer record to sign a GK that saves us as many points as Gordon does.

Fxxx the SPFL
18 minutes ago, Australis said:

I like that, Roycie seems very suitable.

Roycie and Boycie cool

Салатные палочки

Some day. 

But come on Hearts, get the finger oot. That's been an hour or so now!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Robbie has mentioned signing experience - and players with European experience. Around the 28-30 mark. 2 or 3 players of that type.

These may be the really exciting ones….

27 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Excellent news … have a good feeling about the long term potential of Neilson. Maybe not first choice immediately but we’ll need options next season with Euro ties.

Forrest, Rowles, Neilson, and big Pete re-signed is great early business!

Replaces Woodburn, Souttar, and Moore. 

We still need to fill places from Cochrane and Simms, and then add 2-3 more to increase squad size.

Assuming nobody leaves I think we probably need a LWB, CM, CF, and maybe another CB. 

With our options at CB we can play Kingsley in the LWB position. He is better there than Cochrane.

I still think we will look to bring someone else in for that position though as we are short of options other than Halliday.

PapaShango
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Stewart is ok,not the best but will do as a stand in. God forbid Gordon gets a long term injury though. I agree, no decent keeper is going to play 2nd fiddle to Craig.

When the time does comes to replace Gordon though, I'd expect Hearts to break our transfer record to sign a GK that saves us as many points as Gordon does.

He's really not ok though! If Gordon misses a game and he has to come in we are at a massive disadvantage already. Would be ideal if we could get someone of the quality like we had with Stevie Banks the last time Gordon was here. 

Batistuta87
17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Who's that though!?!?!

I'm telling yeez... Aidan McAdams. 

Batistuta87
19 minutes ago, Masonic said:

hearts not wanting him could go anywhere

If he signs for a Scottish team my bet would be Aberdeen 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How about someone like Alan MacGregor as back up keeper and let him do coaching too 

The Alan macgregor who agreed in principle to sign for us but dropped his panties for Rangers a day later ? Nah not for me

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How about someone like Alan MacGregor as back up keeper and let him do coaching too 

That just doesnt make sense

You must be at the ham 

6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

He's really not ok though! If Gordon misses a game and he has to come in we are at a massive disadvantage already. Would be ideal if we could get someone of the quality like we had with Stevie Banks the last time Gordon was here. 

We might sign another GK but no matter who we sign, they'll be a backup. They won't be top 6 SPL quality. 

StirlingJambo

Happy with the signings so far. Still hoping for another CB with decent experience to come though.

Heartsofgold
9 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Are you for ****ing real????  First Marshall then that animal?!?!?  Get a grip for Christ's sake!

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Not sure Neilson is ready to be a starter for us. He has barely played for Dundee united. 

That's not how football works...

15 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ffs...🥴

Wilson Wood, Would You?

I predict that  after his first  bad game the usual suspects will dub Rowles - "Toilet"😱

KyleLafferty

I’m assuming that’s all the Scottish transfers done. The rest will come from abroad or England. Hopefully some 26/27 European experienced players, with also some history of winning trophies.

Jambo 4 Ever
15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The Alan macgregor who agreed in principle to sign for us but dropped his panties for Rangers a day later ? Nah not for me

Gordon chose Celtic over us too 

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Has anyone watched much of Neilson? 

Seen a few Utd fans saying he's a bit of a bombscare. Most likely sour grapes though

He played against us after the split, I think , remember him looking useful. Then again I could be talking nonsense,  poor Internet in rural France so can't check.

The Apprentice
6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:troll: on this thread

He should really be on ignore but its getting to the stage where its weirdly interesting to see how much more of an arse he can make himself look.

9 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

He played against us after the split, I think , remember him looking useful. Then again I could be talking nonsense,  poor Internet in rural France so can't check.

Unused sub

55 minutes ago, Masonic said:

still need GK as backup. LB as backup. CM. AM. 2 Strikers 

add in another quality CB, probably with a bit experience and that would be a tremendous window.

10 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Unused sub

Replaced Ryan Edwards just before half time in draw at Tannadice early March, game we had 5 injuries. 

Imagine logging into the same forum every day, multiple times a day, and posting absolute drivel and stupid questions in an attempt to troll (sometimes successfully), and doing it 14000 times over the course of 8 years :rofl:

48 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Me either and certainly hope it isn’t for Paterson. He isn’t worth breaking wage structures for imo. 

maybe not break structures but I'd be very happy with Paterson back. And now more experienced it would be fair to be a higher earner.

Knows the club
counts as homegrown for europe
versatile
effective at this level.

Im not particularly fussed for shankland but the idea of Paterson/shankland in a big guy/wee guy partnership isnt the worst we could do.

Just now, Alan_R said:

maybe not break structures but I'd be very happy with Paterson back. And now more experienced it would be fair to be a higher earner.

Knows the club
versatile
effective at this level.

Im not particularly fussed for shankland but the idea of Paterson/shankland in a big guy/wee guy partnership isnt the worst we could do.

Agree I’m not actually against Paterson, just against paying stupid money or wages for him. 

Batistuta87
49 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Stewart is absolutely ****ing terrible. 

He played three times this season. Summarised as below:

Away to Hamilton - Conceded inside the first 5mins. Let in another two within 10mins of each other in the 2nd half.   

Away to St Johnstone - Conceded a very soft goal inside the first 5mins of the first half. Let in another inside the first 10mins of the 2nd half. 

Home to Motherwell - Conceded another quite soft goal inside the first 5mins of first half. 

Cannot stress how utterly dire he is and what a truly honking signing he's been. 

Get him to **** immediately. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

Knows the club
versatile
effective at this level.

It’s either/or for me. If we sign Paterson I doubt we’d sign Shankland and vice versa. I’d rather Shankland to be honest.

adambraejambo
39 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

tKD-Qf6b_400x400.jpg

OmiyaHearts
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Imagine logging into the same forum every day, multiple times a day, and posting absolute drivel and stupid questions in an attempt to troll (sometimes successfully), and doing it 14000 times over the course of 8 years :rofl:

Yet he's still getting replies from other users. Feed the troll and they will keep trolling.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Away to Hamilton - Conceded inside the first 5mins. Let in another two within 10mins of each other in the 2nd half.   

Away to St Johnstone - Conceded a very soft inside the first 5mins of the first half. Let in another inside the first 10mins of the 2nd half. 

Home to Motherwell - Conceded another quite soft goal inside the first 5mins of first half. 

Cannot stress how utterly dire he is and what a truly honking signing he's been. 

Absolutely correct. He is rotten

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Away to St Johnstone - Conceded a very soft inside the first 5mins of the first half. Let in another inside the first 10mins of the 2nd half. 

would not miss GMS McEneff either btw would free up spaces and wages for new blood 

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Yet he's still getting replies from other users. Feed the troll and they will keep trolling.

Still doing it, but that says far more about him than it does about the people replying.

Ford Prentice

Would be surprised if we sign a keeper. Harry Stone will play for the B team and will be ready to step up if CG gets injured. I think he's rated highly enough for this not to be seen as a high risk strategy. If CG was out long term it's always possible to get another keeper in.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***