• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

I was thinking the same about Ross callachan

Both at Ross county  don cowie is a first team coach 

26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d agree, but we need to remember this windfall is potentially a one off. In fact it’s definitely a one off unless we repeat it and keep repeating it. No sense in being left with half a dozen players on 3 year deals over £10k a week(that’s what £3million would buy for a year)if we can’t consolidate 3rd. I think we’ll be fairly conservative with the money and just step back and look at how sustainable this sort of level of revenue is.

I agree with every word.  We need to build up based on success on the park rather than a reckless spree.

The board will know that better than anyone and I trust them.  I suspect we all do.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d agree, but we need to remember this windfall is potentially a one off. In fact it’s definitely a one off unless we repeat it and keep repeating it. No sense in being left with half a dozen players on 3 year deals over £10k a week(that’s what £3million would buy for a year)if we can’t consolidate 3rd. I think we’ll be fairly conservative with the money and just step back and look at how sustainable this sort of level of revenue is.

Speculate to accumulate, stand still go backwards 

Kennyfragg13

Think the business model has changed at hearts as we all know,buy in early 20s develop and sell on for profit which makes sense think it’s best way to grow ajax and dortmund been doing it for 20 years.wasting over a million pounds on a say a three deal for a 28 year old Patterson makes no buisness sense to me . 

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

It’s not. It’s 2023

No point in keeping on telling people. Nobody is listening! 😂 

Some great early business. Happy with all signings and feel like there is even better to come! All signings improve our squad but to really kick on we need 4 players who instantly improve our first 11. 

On another note I keep seeing people putting Kingsley as a LWB in their teams. Although I think he can play this position, surely if we play 3-4-3, his best position in this set up is LCB? Im not doubting he can play LWB but I think we need someone with a more attacking mindset in this position to get the best out that formation? 4-2-3-1 he plays left back. 

2 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

Some great early business. Happy with all signings and feel like there is even better to come! All signings improve our squad but to really kick on we need 4 players who instantly improve our first 11. 

On another note I keep seeing people putting Kingsley as a LWB in their teams. Although I think he can play this position, surely if we play 3-4-3, his best position in this set up is LCB? Im not doubting he can play LWB but I think we need someone with a more attacking mindset in this position to get the best out that formation? 4-2-3-1 he plays left back. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if we went back in for cochrane or another lb 

1 hour ago, franco2209 said:

Jeez, this place! constant regurgitation of dire topics like ex players ,who show no interest in rejoining us...and wouldn't enhance us..... Nicholson/ Patterson et al. Ffs, we're in a great place , financially, let's move on and discuss potential signings who'll fit in with our upward trajectory.

It's unbelievable crap. What's Jamie Walker up to these days? Maybe we could get him back, because he would really move us forward........ 🤔 

Edited by innerjambo

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

yeah we need another left back who can play LWB. I think it will be tough getting a LB better than Kingsley but if we play a 3-4-3 then we need a quality LWB to push us on 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I loved Cochrane but I think we could find a left back with more of an attacking threat. He was very solid defensively.

31 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Live within your means and you won't go bust - as we did before

We

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Live within your means and you won't go bust - as we did before

We are ,nout worry about now

Canny get the negativety on here 

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Savage told the foundation plot ceremony on Sunday that we are in talks with Brighton about Cochrane

7 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I love Paterson and would take him back in a heartbeat, even if his form is on the downhill, but while there's been no announcement everything seems to indicate that the club will pick up his option.

Here's verification that they have the option: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/clarity-over-sheffield-wednesday-attackers-contract-as-international-looks-set-to-stay-3691633

(Plenty of other sources, this is just the most direct one)

Dr. Funk himself seems very happy to stay (and in the replies, the Wednesday fans seem very happy to have him).

There was an earlier article I can't find where Paterson made comments about how his family love living in Sheffield and he really feels at home there.

Once again, I love him and think he's a minor Hearts legend in his own right but it's about 98% certain he's not coming back next season as he's on 7 figures a year, likes where he is, and his club likes him.

Depressing AF that a League 1 club can pay that much more than us by that much but there we are. Hopefully a few European campaigns will change that.

This post is useful in a number of ways:

a) proves he extended his contract 

b) shows he’s not the same player that left us (don’t mean to be unkind, but he looks like a dad playing a kids game in that photo - and they say vertical stripes are slimming). 

if the £20k pw chat is anywhere near accurate, and he’s under contract, we spending £1.5 milly on someone in that sort of physical shape?

We remember a right-sided SPL-level Gareth Bale (early spurs era). The guy in that picture is not the athlete we remember. 

If we are really honest, Callum was always a better athlete than footballer. He could turn his hand to any position because he was rapid, had a great engine and could leap like a salmon. 

it doesn’t look like that’s the case anymore. 

He used to be built like Portuguese Ronaldo. In that photo, he’s half way to Brazilian Ronaldo (these days). 

And I loved Callum as a Hearts player. 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Good answer.  I would have guessed that CG given his pedigree and status as captain would have been on £10,000 a week but I have no idea.

I would say though that in order to push on we will have to be paying more than you suggest to attract the calbre of players we will need.

He was only on about £10k first time around, wasn’t he? On the contrary we knew he would never see out? Just before he got sold for £9m. 

Hes absolutely brilliant now, but doubt he’s on the same money as before. (Even if £10k is worth less than before). 

Just now, CMc said:

He was only on about £10k first time around, wasn’t he? On the contrary we knew he would never see out? Just before he got sold for £9m. 

Hes absolutely brilliant now, but doubt he’s on the same money as before. (Even if £10k is worth less than before). 

CG was on a bumper wage at Hearts id say  it was 15/18k a week before he was sold 

5 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

CG was on a bumper wage at Hearts id say  it was 15/18k a week before he was sold 

Guess that’s possible.

My memory could be playing tricks on me.

But IIRC, EPL players were getting <£100k in 2007, weren’t they?

i agree he was on a bumper wage - just thought £10k was back then. 

Edited by CMc

9 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Im sure that's right.  Vlad money.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Good answer.  I would have guessed that CG given his pedigree and status as captain would have been on £10,000 a week but I have no idea.

I would say though that in order to push on we will have to be paying more than you suggest to attract the calbre of players we will need.

there are no players at hearts earning more than 5k a week 

2 minutes ago, Masonic said:

I dont mind Hearts having   a couple of marquee players on more than others in the squad 

Obviously good talents, sends a message to other players what can be earned and achieved

I also dont think its wreckless, as we improve, so does our personnel  and our icome

If we cant sustain 3rd then change will be required ,but right now all is good to attract way better than some of what we have, great stuff 

43 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I loved Cochrane but I think we could find a left back with more of an attacking threat. He was very solid defensively.

Think Kingsley will move back there with Rowles coming in.  Cochrane would be perfect back up but imagine he wouldn't settle for that.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Think Kingsley will move back there with Rowles coming in.  Cochrane would be perfect back up but imagine he wouldn't settle for that.

why is everyone so hell bent on Kingsley playing left back? He’s just got in the leagues team of the season playing centre half. 

Aussie Jambo

We still have an abundance of good players here in Australia. I’m pretty sure Savage isn’t finished looking here neither. 

Funny that most of the player we knew about have signed. 

Being honest I’d say CP is definitely not coming to us. 

Im just going to wait and see who we get now. So far I’m happy but we still need many more players. Until we’ve got arse cheeks spending ability then Europe must be priority. More money in that than our proxy SPL. Oh & finishing 3rd or better. 

Has Simms gone back to Everton? 

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

why is everyone so hell bent on Kingsley playing left back? He’s just got in the leagues team of the season playing centre half. 

Because he's naturally a left back?

FWIW, I'd keep Kingsley part of my back 3, he's excellent there.

Fxxx the SPFL
43 minutes ago, Masonic said:

If that’s the case how can the hobbits afford allegedly £8k a week for a couple of players 

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

It's unbelievable crap. What's Jamie Walker up to these days? Maybe we could get him back, because he would really move us forward........ 🤔 

Walker is better than GMS and Ginnelly.

6 minutes ago, briever said:

Walker is better than GMS and Ginnelly.

They are all of a certain level, it's called mediocre. It's also what we don't need right now. Kyle Lafferty anyone??

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Paterson is best RB we’ve had at Hearts in 20 years. Would take him in a heartbeat but he’s not worth what he probably gets on the market. What a signing he would be in this team though. Imagine mckay boyce and him as a front 3. That’s goals as ****.

Best right back we've had in 20 years but he's playing in the front 3? 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Best right back we've had in 20 years but he's playing in the front 3? 

He's also passed it, and on his way down!! 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Passed it?!

he’s only 27 or something 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Passed it?!

he’s only 27 or something 

Correct, he should be in his prime as a footballer.

26 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

If that’s the case how can the hobbits afford allegedly £8k a week for a couple of players 

lol their highest wage is 3.5k per week all this is available on google...

I dont really  know but sure i seen on line the likes of RP was on more, who really  cares that much 

That cant match us at all 

6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not true. He’s a mate of mine and he liked Neilson. He didn’t like how much Levein was involved. 

Ask him about the cup replay at Easter Road, and what his instructions were that night. 

And why he was so angry at not being allowed to go up for a corner, when we were losing the game. 

I have and he's told me 👍

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why would we be?

No idea and never suggested at any point that we were. Just answered another persons post.

Edited by wavydavy

Sub4TiddlerMurray
39 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

It’s well past midnight. And, I’m well past the point of caring one way or the other. So, I’ll simply pass on the opportunity to correct the misuse of a comma and the word “passed”. 

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

As long as we’re speculating with money we actually have and we’re not spending money we ‘might get if…….’ I’m fine with throwing a few bob about.

Were in a very good position here because every other club below us is significantly weaker and they’ve got to  gamble money they probably don’t have to challenge us. 

Yes we have to develop and improve by turning the squad over gently, improving on who is leaving or who has failed or who wasn’t really good enough but has a contract .  That’s a different thing to blowing a big wad that doesn’t really achieve much more. The objective is to solidify 3rd for a long period and get this European treasure chest every year for as long as we can. We don’t need to blow the lot to do that. Rainy days etc etc.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

The reason people want former players back is because they they know what they will get Simms for example as opposed to Gnando

Yeh like with walker, we got rid of a player that went through the motions in most games and got the same guy back and gave him a long contract.

let’s move on from ex players 

7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yeh like with walker, we got rid of a player that went through the motions in most games and got the same guy back and gave him a long contract.

let’s move on from ex players 

Sadly it seems that wont happen

How about Fletcher  🤓

Unknown user
58 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ask him about the cup replay at Easter Road, and what his instructions were that night. 

And why he was so angry at not being allowed to go up for a corner, when we were losing the game. 

I have and he's told me 👍

Aye bongo, you know him better than his mate 🙄 

Give the anti Robbie shit a break will you eh? You're starting to come across as a right bitter ****

hmfc_liam06
5 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Seen a few pages back something about other Scottish clubs trying to hijack the transfer for Rowles, anyone tell me where was this said/written? 

Dunno if anyone has said who on previous pages but it was Hibs.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Dunno if anyone has said who on previous pages but it was Hibs.

They just signed the RB from Central Coast so must have been aware of Rowles as well.

We are just the big team so it wasn't even a choice 😂

On the plus side. Rowles having a familiar face in the boy from Hibs plus Devlin & Natty here should help him settle quickly

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***