*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Harry stone started well for Partick then had one bad game and they brought the other keeper who went on to have a club record of clean sheets in a row as a result Harry was never going to get back in

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

4 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

I suspect Kingsley will be moved back out there.  we need cover for him now though.

Halliday 

john thomas
39 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The thing I took from watching McFarlane that night was that he looked incredibly slow when he came off his line and not very mobile.

He might be able to get away with that at youth football and I understand he’s still very young but looks as though he could shift a few pounds without being completely disrespectful to the lad. 

Stone looks as though he’s stagnated a touch but he’s still incredibly young. Physically he looks the part though. 

Whoever was commentating on that game said that about MacFarlane before k.o.

He then proved him wrong early on , I think twice ?

Obviously has been a weakness but surely not in that game ?

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

" concrete " offer. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Using that word was telling. Thought that when I first read it. Somebody should be getting the sack at United. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Using that word was telling. Thought that when I first read it. Somebody should be getting the sack at United. 

Aye, that's the language of someone clutching at straws. 

Fxxx the SPFL
43 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

that'll be some gig for the translator 

Gary Locke to help 

Welcome Rowles and Neilson Jr! onwards and upwards, let's hope that there is more 1st team quality players incoming soon, Joe Savage sounding great on that recent interview

The lad Neilson appears to have only started 10 matches in all competitions for Dundee United. 

I am therefore assuming that we're signing him to develop him and to provide us with defensive options / cover (i.e. a replacement for Taylor Moore).  I.e. he is not seen as Soapy's direct replacement or a guaranteed starter?

RustyRightPeg
19 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Whoever was commentating on that game said that about MacFarlane before k.o.

He then proved him wrong early on , I think twice ?

Obviously has been a weakness but surely not in that game ?

Was more an observation than pointing out weakness. He was outstanding that night.

Could see scenarios in my head though where he could be caught in no man’s land with balls over the top or concede penalties when a striker takes it round him as he’s a second or so late. His positioning would need to be spot on always 

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Welcome Rowles and Neilson Jr! onwards and upwards, let's hope that there is more 1st team quality players incoming soon, Joe Savage sounding great on that recent interview

He has this weird ability to control my attention when he speaks. Hearing someone talk about Hearts the way he does makes me weirdly happy

All roads lead to Gorgie
55 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

" concrete " offer. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aye, someone has dropped a bag of concrete on their foot 🤣

Might do Simms some good to stay with us, have a Blackpool pal and he says he was good there with lots of potential but not exceptional, he is good for us most of the time but only occasionally exceptional, seems to be playing at a level a year ahead of himself and maybe time to give it another year, catch right up with the level he is playing at to allow him to be exceptional every time he plays and boost his career.

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

To be honest, I think what will make up his mind (if he even has a choice in the matter) is what the Everton coaching staff say to him. If they say a successful season up here (and even in Europe) won't really tell them he's ready for a go at the Everton first team, but that a successful season in the English Championship would, it'll be a no-brainer for him to go there!

100% agreed.

Little benefit for Everton or Simms in coming back here sadly.

If he’s seen as someone breaking into their team they’ll want him to play at a higher level, if they want to sell him then he’ll be worth more to them if he performs on loan in the Championship where the market is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I know how bad is that eh.

Conceded 3 against Hamilton. That in itself is bad enough. He's just absolutely terrible.

Excuse my ignorance but when did we play Hamilton last season? In fact have we played them since Stewart joined?

Not disagreeing about his ability tho, defo need a better back up to Sir CG

Dick Dastardly
45 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

The lad Neilson appears to have only started 10 matches in all competitions for Dundee United. 

I am therefore assuming that we're signing him to develop him and to provide us with defensive options / cover (i.e. a replacement for Taylor Moore).  I.e. he is not seen as Soapy's direct replacement or a guaranteed starter?

He seemed fairly confident in his interview that he will be getting game time though. I suppose we will just have to wait and see

Dick Dastardly
44 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was more an observation than pointing out weakness. He was outstanding that night.

Could see scenarios in my head though where he could be caught in no man’s land with balls over the top or concede penalties when a striker takes it round him as he’s a second or so late. His positioning would need to be spot on always 

I suppose these are things that would come with playing at a better level. There is plenty of time for him to learn. 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Stone should go into the B team IMO - the quality of the league isn’t so important for a keeper as a young team of laddies will concede chances so he will be required to make plenty of saves as far as I can see.

That keeps us with the chance to bring him back if needed.

McFarlane could then go on loan to League 1 or 2 as he is younger 

Sorry, no danger a league 1 or 2 team will take McFarlane get him in a EofS prem team till Jan and see how things are going from there, agree with your Comments re stone 

Edited by Hesh

heatonjambo
3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

He played against us after the split, I think , remember him looking useful. Then again I could be talking nonsense,  poor Internet in rural France so can't check.

We’re about in France bud?

48 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

A straight replacement for Moore, with the ability to be cover for Atkinson/smith 

Geddyalexneil

"We are always respectful of other clubs so we waited until the season finished" said Joe Savage!

Possibly a fun sly dig at the way the gruesomes do business? 

I like this man a lot!

4 hours ago, cocobeab said:

Can’t help but fear we’ve rushed out and panic bought two random centre halves after missing out on Big Rocky.

:rofl:

53 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Like Craig Gordon against Ukraine?

Even experienced keepers make these mistakes.

Edited by JamboAl

Three encouraging signings to date but you would think there are 3 or 4 exciting ones still to come.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

A straight replacement for Moore, with the ability to be cover for Atkinson/smith 

Yeah he will get game time with so many games in a short time (Robbie mentioned on SATF that one month we will have 9 games in it.) But he will be expected to build up. Also I do reckon (as others here have) that Sibbick is going to be a midfielder going forward.

Heard any more movement in or out?

RustyRightPeg
Just now, JamboAl said:

Like Craig Gordon against Ukraine?

Even experienced keepers make these mistakes.

That's a mistake. 

The point I was making is if his physical ability prevents him from getting where he needs to. 

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Excuse my ignorance but when did we play Hamilton last season? In fact have we played them since Stewart joined?

Not disagreeing about his ability tho, defo need a better back up to Sir CG

He played for the U21s in the Challenge Cup. Wasn't at the game or anything but Hamilton won 3-2 and he conceded the first goal within the first 5mins. I was at the St Johnstone and Motherwell games he played in though and he was absolutely woeful in both of them and my arse was like a rabbit's nose any time they attacked. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

Young neilson would look hansenesque,even now compared to Taylor Moore !!!

31 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That's a mistake. 

The point I was making is if his physical ability prevents him from getting where he needs to. 

Craig Gordon was close to being dropped by Hearts as a laddie as he wasn't strong enough. Too lanky apparently.

:vrface:

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Craig Gordon was close to being dropped by Hearts as a laddie as he wasn't strong enough. Too lanky apparently.

Wasn't he too small? He had a growth spurt at 16ish and went on to absolute greatness

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Wasn't he too small? He had a growth spurt at 16ish and went on to absolute greatness

Certain that was the case 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Good business so far. Replaced Souttar with Rowles and Moore with Neilson. Forrest in for Woodburn. So we still need to replace Simms and Cochrane with real quality, after that maybe 3 or 4 more. 100% need another striker and centre midfielder (Ronan?), couple others for depth. Off to a great start though, taking the rest of the leagues best players for squad depth is a good place to be.

Dick Dastardly
27 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Another 6/7 signings to go I think

Anybody on the way out? A rough count in my head has the squad up to 20 now and i think Savage and Neilson said we were planning on a 24 man squad. 

part_time_jambo
On 17/02/2022 at 10:31, Musemic said:

Have to disagree with this. CG has made more saves than any other GK in the league which suggests to me that we need some defenders in front of him that will stop rival teams' attackers getting into position to force him to make a save so, IMO, we need two new CBs as a priority. 

Or it could be that he has a similar number of shots to try and save and just saves more of them than other keepers.

King prawn

Getting the numbers in now but there will be a big name or two later in the summer I think.

Rowles looks the business 

johnking123
3 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Getting the numbers in now but there will be a big name or two later in the summer I think.

Rowles looks the business 

English contracts end this month. Plus teams still on international duty.

Edited by johnking123

7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Expect a couple to leave

Henderson and GMS would be my guess. 

and by guess I mean based on nowt. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah he will get game time with so many games in a short time (Robbie mentioned on SATF that one month we will have 9 games in it.) But he will be expected to build up. Also I do reckon (as others here have) that Sibbick is going to be a midfielder going forward.

Heard any more movement in or out?

An attacker getting close, hoping for beginning of next week 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Zen Jambo said:

I reckon one of Ginnelly and GMS, McEneff and possibly Smith (if the rumours are true.)

johnking123
1 minute ago, Zen Jambo said:

Aaron McEneff and GMS is more likely. Henderson will get a chance. 

johnking123
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I reckon one of Ginnelly and GMS, McEneff and possibly Smith (if the rumours are true.)

Smith moving down closer to his family could happen.

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Cade said:

We should just put in a cheeky wee contract offer to Callum Paterson.

Contract runs out 30th June

Fiver a week, £4 fine if he crosses the halfway line at any point in a game!  Sorted!

RustyRightPeg
49 minutes ago, Cade said:

Lanky yes. 

Without being disrespectful (as I said earlier) McFarlane looks a tad heavy and slow. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

He played for the U21s in the Challenge Cup. Wasn't at the game or anything but Hamilton won 3-2 and he conceded the first goal within the first 5mins. I was at the St Johnstone and Motherwell games he played in though and he was absolutely woeful in both of them and my arse was like a rabbit's nose any time they attacked. 

Ahhhh. I was thinking about the first team only 🤦 thanks for clearing that up for me 👍

john thomas
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'm sure we agree , he looks very promising 

Ccjambo1874

Hopefully it is Ginnelly we are keeping. He's showed flashes and even at 25 I'd expect any inconsistentcy to become less and less. Another full pre season will do him the world of good and he is probably all the more settled having been up a while now. GMS as a winger is getting on and for me isn't stocky enough to do much more now his pace is lacking and will continue to do.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***