*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Re Henderson - we have seen the sort of chances he takes. He doesn’t tend to miss chances as much he just played in a team that didn’t create much.

But look at the goal he scored when he curved his run from Haring’s pass in the Championship. His double against Airdrie in the cup (and generally how well he played under Stendel).

Euan can make the runs and in McKay he someone that will find him.

I am not saying that Euan is close to being as good as Boyce, but I’d put quite a bit of money on a bet that he wouldn’t have missed as many of the guilt edged chances Boyce had this season that he didn’t convert.

Henderson should work very well in the team as it is now functioning. Pace, strength, movement and people like McKay and maybe now Forrest to play him in.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Re Henderson - we have seen the sort of chances he takes. He doesn’t tend to miss chances as much he just played in a team that didn’t create much.

But look at the goal he scored when he curved his run from Haring’s pass in the Championship. His double against Airdrie in the cup (and generally how well he played under Stendel).

I am not saying that Euan is close to being as good as Boyce, but I’d put quite a bit of money on a bet that he wouldn’t have missed as many of the guilt edged chances Boyce had this season that he didn’t convert.

Henderson should work very well in the team as it is now functioning. Pace, strength, movement and people like McKay and maybe now Forrest to play him in.

Big season for Henderson if given a chance. Not sure he will though . I think maybe we are looking at a level above now which is a good thing and that’s not a reflection on Henderson.

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

As a PlanB when we’re struggling it’s fine, but CP wouldn’t come back to be some battering ram for the last 20 minutes. We’d be paying him lots. When you are willing to pay lots you buy a starter. I’m not convinced Paterson is a starter except at RB where he isn’t keen on playing and that would push Atkinson out the picture. I’d be astonished and a wee bit disappointed if we signed him. Ourselves and Cardiff had the best of him. I don’t think he is great anymore

He struggled with the ball in tight spaces (and didn’t want it in tight spaces) when playing here the last time at RB and our set up now requires a much higher degree of ball retention than perhaps any time in our history inc 2005/6. 

35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People have actually said on several occasions - on this thread - that we’re talking Summer 2006 levels of signings this summer. So, is that off topic because it mentioned summer 2006? Or is it on topic because it relates to what we should expect this summer? As because if it’s the latter, then every single discussion you’ve deemed off topic in your last few posts has in fact been on topic as every discussion about the past signings is in relation to our current policy. It’s not hard to grasp. I thought.

I've replicated the thread title for you

* Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Lewis Neilson signs

Try and grasp that!

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

The team went down hill after he got injured. Having Cathro and losing Sow were also factors, but we coped until he got injured. 

The team went downhill after Bob left then bottomed out with Stendel. 

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

1 year extension according to those on here. 

Eitherway- I can't see it. 

Him signing for Hearts or him getting an extension. 

I cant find anything on the latter. 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Cade said:

Brentford make an approach to Bologna for Hickey.

:munny:

*Callum Paterson would be a superb signing in the striker role. He's in his prime and has 20 days left on his contract.

Aye, we probably couldn't afford his wages but just making an offer is a statement of intent.

As a striker?? 

Are folk smoking the paper mache, again? 

47 minutes ago, Ranga82 said:

I do wonder how many people watch him regularly. I haven't for a long time but a couple of seasons ago he was declining  Not a player that moves us forward in my opinion. Happy to be proven wrong but have my doubts. Also, where would he play?!? Anyone says as striker and they need to realise that effort alone doesn't make a good goalscorer

He’s mostly been used by SW as one of the front 2, occasionally used in a back 3. If we signed him we’d need to change our formation and approach to shoehorn him into the team, certainly as a striker. I don’t think he’s good enough to rip up the blueprint for and we should leave well alone.

RustyRightPeg

Would love to see us go for Elijah Dixon-Bonner. Like Woodburn just been released by Liverpool. 

Physical presence and one who could be nurtured into a right good central midfield player. 

2 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Come on let's let's let this one go 😕

While you may otherwise be right, do we not need to boost our homegrown player numbers for Europe?

Edited by JamboAl

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

mate.  When hearts were linked with re signing rudi skacel this board was moaning it’s face off..

“done nothing since he left, not good enough any more, JJ is right we need Tony Capaldi more..👀😆

now CP is not rudi, but he is one of the most effective players we’ve had in the last 20 years, scored a ridiculous number of goals from right mid, right back, versatile, strong, near unbeatable in the air, brilliant defensively in the air.. he is out of contract, a great age a hearts fan and 100% would return to being a cult hero. He walks into every team in the league outside of Glasgow .. He’s had a hard spell at a shit club but Cardiff fans loved him for the same reasons we did.  

the key lesson here is.. some sections of our fan base are weird. Only happy when they have something to moan about.. and are usually best ignored 😂

12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

absolutely mate

Rudi was a player who just fitted at Hearts like no other club. I agree Patterson is not on that level of status, but league one is probabnly SPL level, maybe higher for the bottom 6 teams, but definitely competing wise at Top Six level. He would improve us that's for sure - i can see him being of similar ilk in that back at Hearts, he would hit his form again. He's only 27!

I was on ther Cardiff forum actually and there was a thread about him, and how they regretted letting him go. Wednesday fans are just a bunch of moaning has-beens. Like Aberdeen fans living off European success from the 80s. 

Have you seen him recently? He's physically a very different player to the one who left.

When he played for us, I didn't think his back-to-goal/link-up game was strong enough to play up front. I was never especially impressed with him there. In my opinion, he was by far at his best as an energetic right-back.

Since he left he's bulked up massively so he could play up front in England. He looks much heavier and slower and I seriously doubt he's capable of playing the role he played for us before. We wouldn't be getting an energetic, attacking right-back, we'd be getting an expensive League One battering ram who scores a handful a season. And we wouldn't be spending that money because we think he'd fit a key role in the team, we'd be doing it because of his performances years ago when he was physically a different player.

I'm sure he'd do a job, even if it's different from the one he did before, but it's a no from me. We have proper recruitment in place and can spend our money more intelligently now. More importantly, he's apparently not actually out of contract anyway.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Him signing for Hearts or him getting an extension. 

I cant find anything on the latter. 

The latter. 

The lad from Sheffield said so. 

Maybe not, but either way I can't see it and as a striker definitely not, he's not good enough. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

anyone know if Pattersons out of contract ?

Sheff Wed triggered year extension according to the Sheff Wed fan on this forum. 

Hopefully means folk stop talking about him coming back.

Dick Dastardly
25 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Good points. I'd love to see him given a chance. 

Nookie Bear
31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yep - can't see him being our main striker at any point but as an option from the bench to inject some energy he is a good alternative imo

Kind of like a modern day Wayne Foster

He is also only 21 years old.

Edited by Nookie Bear

57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

mate.  When hearts were linked with re signing rudi skacel this board was moaning it’s face off..

“done nothing since he left, not good enough any more, JJ is right we need Tony Capaldi more..👀😆

now CP is not rudi, but he is one of the most effective players we’ve had in the last 20 years, scored a ridiculous number of goals from right mid, right back, versatile, strong, near unbeatable in the air, brilliant defensively in the air.. he is out of contract, a great age a hearts fan and 100% would return to being a cult hero. He walks into every team in the league outside of Glasgow .. He’s had a hard spell at a shit club but Cardiff fans loved him for the same reasons we did.  

the key lesson here is.. some sections of our fan base are weird. Only happy when they have something to moan about.. and are usually best ignored 😂

Spot on

Saint Jambo
19 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sheff Wed triggered year extension according to the Sheff Wed fan on this forum. 

Hopefully means folk stop talking about him coming back.

Seems to be nothing in public domain to back that up. We don't just take as gospel every rumour posted by Hearts fans on here. Not sure why we should be so confident in a rumour from a fan of another club.

33 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Would love to see us go for Elijah Dixon-Bonner. Like Woodburn just been released by Liverpool. 

Physical presence and one who could be nurtured into a right good central midfield player. 

Sounds like a star of Fake Taxi

25 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

Hibs scouting network work Fridays?  Wow :)

BackOfTheNet

Christ, we have people moaning that discussing transfer policy and how the recruitment team operate now as opposed to previous years is apparently going off topic for a transfer thread, yet let’s just talk endlessly about a player who will never, ever, ever, join us during this window (mainly because he’s an expensive player that hasn’t played well in about 3 years). Right. Perfect sense.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Would there be a place in the team for him? Absolutely, he’s a utility man, would mean our European homegrown requirements are more solid and would be decent in our league from the bench. Would be be worth even half of what his wages currently are now? Absolutely not. And he’s not going to cut his wages that much to join us. Also, as the Sheffield Wednesday fan on here keeps repeatedly pointing out but keeps getting ignored, Wednesday took up their year’s option for him so only way we’d get him is with a fee. And I would not pay one penny for him given how he’s played in the last few years.

All valid points....sadly.

37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep - can't see him being our main striker at any point but as an option from the bench to inject some energy he is a good alternative imo

Kind of like a modern day Wayne Foster

He is also only 21 years old.

Agree, but he seems like the forgotten man. I have a hunch that he's not Robbie's favourite?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

Agree, but he seems like the forgotten man. I have a hunch that he's not Robbie's favourite?

Based on?

OmiyaHearts

What position do people want Paterson to play, if he signed? Not better than what we have at back or midfield and we need much better in the forward positions.

Seems like an expensive signing wage-wise, for little benefit.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

absolutely mate

Rudi was a player who just fitted at Hearts like no other club. I agree Patterson is not on that level of status, but league one is probabnly SPL level, maybe higher for the bottom 6 teams, but definitely competing wise at Top Six level. He would improve us that's for sure - i can see him being of similar ilk in that back at Hearts, he would hit his form again. He's only 27!

I was on ther Cardiff forum actually and there was a thread about him, and how they regretted letting him go. Wednesday fans are just a bunch of moaning has-beens. Like Aberdeen fans living off European success from the 80s. 

When have Wednesday ever been any good?

Jambo 4 Ever
11 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Why do you think that?

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, briever said:

When have Wednesday ever been any good?

exactly

their fans just hold on to successes from moons ago

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, UchesPackage said:

I doubt it, he only signed for Everton in January 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why do you think that?

Because despite scoring goals he never got a sustained run and latterly before being sent on loan, ,game time was restricted to last ten minutes of games.

This despite persistent faith in the likes of Woodburn. 

Saint Jambo
12 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Worth listening to the latest Scarves Around the Funnel podcast. A long interview with Neilson in which he talks about why he doesn't just throw youngsters into the team and his hopes for Henderson for next season.

If anything, Harry Stone is the forgotten man. Neilson literally forgot his name during the podcast. But he is also very positive about Harry and it sounds like the idea our other youth keeper has already overtaken him is definitely not the case.

Watt-Zeefuik

I love Paterson and would take him back in a heartbeat, even if his form is on the downhill, but while there's been no announcement everything seems to indicate that the club will pick up his option.

Here's verification that they have the option: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/clarity-over-sheffield-wednesday-attackers-contract-as-international-looks-set-to-stay-3691633

(Plenty of other sources, this is just the most direct one)

Dr. Funk himself seems very happy to stay (and in the replies, the Wednesday fans seem very happy to have him).

There was an earlier article I can't find where Paterson made comments about how his family love living in Sheffield and he really feels at home there.

Once again, I love him and think he's a minor Hearts legend in his own right but it's about 98% certain he's not coming back next season as he's on 7 figures a year, likes where he is, and his club likes him.

Depressing AF that a League 1 club can pay that much more than us by that much but there we are. Hopefully a few European campaigns will change that.

31 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Seems to be nothing in public domain to back that up. We don't just take as gospel every rumour posted by Hearts fans on here. Not sure why we should be so confident in a rumour from a fan of another club.

Sheffield Wednesday released a statement detailing which out of contract players were leaving and which were being offered new deals. Paterson is mentioned in neither list.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/owls-confirm-retained-list/

There's also this quote from Darren Moore from November: "Pato still has this season and next year with us, so contract-wise, he’s still contracted to the football club."

Perhaps they didn't explicitly announce that the option had been taken up, which is why transfermarkt hasn't picked up on it, but it's pretty clear from official sources that he's contracted until next year. 

UchesPackage
12 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I doubt it, he only signed for Everton in January 

might be looking for a move after his injury to get himself going, need to wait and see

adambraejambo
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That’ll be the end of the Paterson chat then.

Won’t it?

Surely…

Yes, unless he comes back to Edinburgh to visit friends/family then it all starts again. 

Saint Jambo
18 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Sheffield Wednesday released a statement detailing which out of contract players were leaving and which were being offered new deals. Paterson is mentioned in neither list.

There's also this quote from Darren Moore from November: "Pato still has this season and next year with us, so contract-wise, he’s still contracted to the football club."

Perhaps they didn't explicitly announce that the option had been taken up, which is why transfermarkt hasn't picked up on it, but it's pretty clear from official sources that he's contracted until next year. 

Fair enough. Thanks for sharing.

18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Won’t it?

Surely…

😂 I’d gamble that it won’t be. 

17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Won’t it?

Surely…

Remember how often Shankland's name was mentioned in the January window thread, despite the fact it was repeatedly pointed out he'd played for two clubs already and was therefore ineligible? Yep.

RustyRightPeg
30 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

thank you 

15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

we changed to 4-2-3-1 at the back of the season and were better for it 

Yeah but then he went back to the 3 at the back in the final strange, because the game we had most success against rangers, was when we played 4231 at home and lost 2-0 due to no pressure on the ball, and a long ball over the top followed by no-one following the runners off the ball. 

We could of easily quite won that game tbh. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Dick Dastardly
46 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Won’t it?

Surely…

If it dies down for a few days i might just mention him again out of pure badness 😂😂

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

All this Patterson talk is making my toes curl

Inwards or outwards? 

jamboinglasgow

at least we know there will be nothing coming up over the weekend over the weekend so can have a break before the madness of another week in the transfer window.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***