1 hour ago, CMc said:

Double dare them. Do it.ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ Class

ย 

39 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

do it againย 

So, the window is officially open. What are we expecting? Shankland to be revealed with teasing 3 second videos of a different part of his head (hopefully finalised by this window), or are we expecting a Japanese striker? Maybe an ex-player so some fans (in particular) can get their knuckles in a shuffle? ๐Ÿ‘€ย 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

ย 

ย 

Young Pollock out of contract at the end of the coming season.ย 

ย 

Make or break time for him?ย 

28 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The expiring contracts but is interesting โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. must have imagined Smithy signing a new deal

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

ย 

ย 

So, the window is officially open. What are we expecting? Shankland to be revealed with teasing 3 second videos of a different part of his head (hopefully finalised by this window), or are we expecting a Japanese striker? Maybe an ex-player so some fans (in particular) can get their knuckles in a shuffle? ๐Ÿ‘€ย 

A five minute videa would cover half of Shanklands head

Just now, Sooks said:

The expiring contracts but is interesting โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. must have imagined Smithy signing a new deal

Actually no thatโ€™s my screw up he signed a two year extension did he not so his contract will be expiring at the end of next season duh

RustyRightPeg

I know nothing about the lad or his quality but Hibs going public saying they want a left back from West Ham if Doig goes.ย 
ย 

Itโ€™s the sort of thing we used to do and end up with egg on our face. Wonder if heโ€™s worth a look though ๐Ÿคฃ

indianajones
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I know nothing about the lad or his quality but Hibs going public saying they want a left back from West Ham if Doig goes.ย 
ย 

Itโ€™s the sort of thing we used to do and end up with egg on our face. Wonder if heโ€™s worth a look though ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Where is Doig going?

ย 

His form has bombed massively. Looks like a below average full back now.ย 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

A five minute videa would cover half of Shanklands head

ย 

A whole season of "stranger things".ย 

ย 

ย 

Dick Dastardly
17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

ย 

ย 

But on a more serious note, we definitely need another attacking player or two and a lwb. Please no more ex players though, unless it's Simms or Cochraneย 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

ย 

Where is Doig going?

ย 

Thereโ€™s no names saying anyone interested. Itโ€™s just an IF Doig goes then weโ€™re gonna go for this young lad (Longelo) from West Ham to replace him.ย 
ย 

I agree re. Doig, although Maloney hung him out to dry playing him LCB most of the time he was there. Teams were playing on him physically.ย 

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

ย 

A whole season of "stranger things".ย 

ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I always think of So I Married an Axe Murderer when Shankland gets mentionedย 

ย 

ย 

indianajones
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Thereโ€™s no names saying anyone interested. Itโ€™s just an IF Doig goes then weโ€™re gonna go for this young lad (Longelo) from West Ham to replace him.ย 
ย 

I agree re. Doig, although Maloney hung him out to dry playing him LCB most of the time he was there. Teams were playing on him physically.ย 

ย 

Yeah he looked shocking ever since Maloney came in.ย 

ย 

Doig and Porteous wont go anywhere IMO. Ron tried to hype them up for sales but i cant see any championship clubs taking them south.ย 

indianajones

Just watched the Derby double header highlights there.ย 

ย 

Simms. Feel pure shite. Just want him back.ย 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I always think of So I Married an Axe Murderer when Shankland gets mentionedย 

ย 

ย 

Right up there with my favourites.ย 
ย 

Planetoid.ย 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Right up there with my favourites.ย 
ย 

Planetoid.ย 

Heid! Pants! Noo

heisenberg86
5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

great film! โ€œ will ye look at that, itโ€™s like an orange on the end of a toothpick โ€œย 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

ย 

ย 

As do I! Will be quoting it often if he signs.

ย 

They say: โ€œShankland is out of this world!โ€

ย 

I say: โ€œHeโ€™s like Sputnik, spherical but quite pointy at partsโ€

ย 

Shouldnโ€™t start in case he sees it. And cries himself to sleep on his huge pillaeโ€ฆ

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

ย 

great film! โ€œ will ye look at that, itโ€™s like an orange on the end of a toothpick โ€œย 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Shouldnโ€™t start in case he sees it. And cries himself to sleep on his huge pillaeโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

We_are_the_Hearts

Interesting folk saying we will be looking for an attacking midfielder. When was the last time we had a good one or even played with one? Struggling to remember.

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Interesting folk saying we will be looking for an attacking midfielder. When was the last time we had a good one or even played with one? Struggling to remember.

Probably Hartley! Can't think of the last time we had one after that.ย 

Ccjambo1874
3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

We must have saved a fair bit of cash when we got Walker, Brandon and Popescu off the wage bill.

Souttar would of have been on a decent wage as well. Even the money towards Simms and Woodburn wouldn't have been small amounts either I imagine. Plenty more at our disposal with being a more attractive proposition as a club this season bodes well.

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

ย 

Naismith was pretty damn good at that job when he was fit.

Such a shame we cannot get Simms back, but I suppose we have to be realistic he is way out of our range money wise. He seemed to really enjoy himself up here and was just getting to grips with the manic pace of oor game. There is a lot to be said about enjoying playing here and being liked by the support ,feeling wanted ect, however money talks and I think he will land up on loan to a Championship side. I wish the big man every success and was glad I saw him in the famous maroon, he will be hard to replace IMO.

The Wrinkly Ninja
30 minutes ago, indianajones said:

ย 

Where is Doig going?

ย 

Heโ€™ll be going nowhere near the back post to defend it if last season is an indication. Brutal.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, micole said:

Such a shame we cannot get Simms back, but I suppose we have to be realistic he is way out of our range money wise. He seemed to really enjoy himself up here and was just getting to grips with the manic pace of oor game. There is a lot to be said about enjoying playing here and being liked by the support ,feeling wanted ect, however money talks and I think he will land up on loan to a Championship side. I wish the big man every success and was glad I saw him in the famous maroon, he will be hard to replace IMO.

Definitely. Iโ€™ve got a lingering hope something could get done but think you are right sadly. Heโ€™s the level we need to be operating at. That goal in the semi ๐Ÿ˜

9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Would mean a minimum of 3 players still to come. I suspect it'll be closer to 5 or 6.

ย 

We need at least:

CM(preferably an attacking one... Ronan?)

LB(would tale Cochrane back)

Two strikers (Shankland and another? Unlikely Simms but i think he'd need to be that big target man mould)

One more CB (Wright?)

Perhaps a new backup GK.

ย 

Would we be happy with that?

Ronan I think would be a good signing

ย 

LB we are covered with Kingsley and Halliday at the moment. I think weโ€™ll take a loan player for that area too

ย 

Strikers we need 2 of. Shankland fine by me but I donโ€™t want an old fashioned target man. No one plays that way anymore, certainly not us. Probably another year with a decent quality loan and probably not Simms.

ย 

Another CB essential for me. We look lacking in experience there still.

ย 

GK. I donโ€™t fancy Stewart but when you have an unmovable no1 itโ€™s going to be hard to convince a decent young no 2 to sit on the bench for 2 years.

ย 

I think we might see 2 strikers maybe 1/2 more attacking midfielders/wingers and another CB signed, then 2/3 loans towards the end of the window

ย 

ย 

Edited by JimmyCant

jamboinglasgow
49 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

I am not expecting anything for at least another week after the rush of two yesterday. But would love something to happen.

ย 

Its still mad to think we have just over 2 and a half months left of this window, so we need to pace ourselves (to be fair I think we will sign 2 or 3 more over the next month, then the big signings will be towards the end of the window.

ย 

Also every signing so far has had a newspaper report saying we are in talks a few days before the signing (with Rowles it was a couple of days before we got told that a deal has been agreed (not announced by Hearts.)) So that could indicate that no paper reports, no imminent signings.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

The Old Tolbooth
15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think we'll be getting a day off today. I doubt anything else is close.

ย 

Is that a dare? ;)ย 

millerjames398
35 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

"His heids so big, it's got its own weather system"๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Not in the know in anyway shape or form, but have a feeling we'll be blown away with a striker, and then sign Simms late on loan again. You'd expect Savage and his team have been working overtime on a Striker since January. Woodburn as a bench warmer isn't the worse option imo.

Batistuta87
30 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Ahh hated the Colonel with his wee beeeady eyes and that smug face "Oh look you're gonnae buy mah chicken"ย 

Some filmย ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, EH11 2NL said:

Not in the know in anyway shape or form, but have a feeling we'll be blown away with a striker, and then sign Simms late on loan again. You'd expect Savage and his team have been working overtime on a Striker since January. Woodburn as a bench warmer isn't the worse option imo.

It seems that Woodburn isn't on our radar, even after Neilson saying he was interested. I can only presume he was wanting too much money. I would have tried to keep him, if the financials were acceptable. I think he will improve with regular matches

Would like to see 7 more signings

Gk (Jamie Macdonald on a low wage 2 year deal? Would make sense for me)

LB - no idea? (maybe Cochrane back on loan)

CB (right sided) - (Stuart Findlay)

RW/RST - (Tsuyoshi Ogashiwa)

CAM - (Connor Ronan)

CF - (Lawrence Shankland)

CF - (maybe one of Simpson/Parrot or Hungbo? Would love to get Simms back on loan but I doubt it)

ย 

No doubt we will probably sign no one from that list lol, but just think those are the positions we need better quality in.

I think there will be at least 3 first team players leave as well, my guess is Mceneff, GMS and Smith.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It seems that Woodburn isn't on our radar, even after Neilson saying he was interested. I can only presume he was wanting too much money. I would have tried to keep him, if the financials were acceptable. I think he will improve with regular matches

ย 
Iโ€™d like him back, but if we managed to attract a player of his reputation fresh off promotion & without European football then it really, really excites me about this summer.ย 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think youโ€™ve answered the question of the turnaround for Woodburn. The guy clearly believes he is worth a big wage because if the club he is at, but he hasnโ€™t done near enough to justify that opinion. He may or may not make it at a decent level but his work rate and attitude and strength will all need to improve. It wonโ€™t be with us unless he/his agent has an attack of realism and accepts he isnโ€™t a Liverpool player now or in the future. Nice enough lad who mixed well with the squad but utterly deluded and a huge disappointment.ย 

Edited by JimmyCant

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

ย 
Iโ€™d like him back, but if we managed to attract a player of his reputation fresh off promotion & without European football then it really, really excites me about this summer.ย 

Yeah, i have a feeling we will make a couple of huge signings, probably (as other people have pointed out) later on in the window. I think Savage will have been working hard and he will know who we want. I'm expecting a few championship quality players in at least on loan. Hope I'm not being too ambitious.ย 

Dick Dastardly
14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think youโ€™ve answered the question of the turnaround for Woodburn. The guy clearly believes he is worth a big wage because if the club he is at, but he hasnโ€™t done near enough to justify that opinion. He may or may not make it at a decent level but his work rate and attitude and strength will all need to improve. It wonโ€™t be with us unless he/his agent has an attack of realism and accepts he isnโ€™t a Liverpool player now or in the future. Nice enough lad who mixed well with the squad but utterly deluded and a huge disappointment.ย 

That could be the case but who knows? Maybe he has had offers with higher wages than we are prepared to offer or with teams he feels he could be a first team player. As i said, i would take him but he would be a project player. Not good enough for the first team yet. The talent is there and i would argue that his attitude seems to be good but he didn't show enough consistency to warrant a high wage. If/when we don't sign him he wont be missed much and we will sign someone better, as RustyRightPeg said.ย 

Listened to Robbie on the SATF podcast today, thought he came across really well and Im in the no sure camp with him but he did speak quite a lot about the transfers and the squad size etc. ย  some of the lads like Henderson will be in the squad this year and with a lot more playing colts then it will help. ย Whilst ย our average signing has been 22 he also said that we will need a couple of older heads that have euro experience as wellย 

TyphoonJambo
33 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

CAM - (Connor Ronan)

CF - (maybe one of Simpson/Parrot or Hungbo? Would love to get Simms back on loan but I doubt it)

ย 

No doubt we will probably sign no one from that list lol, but just think those are the positions we need better quality in.

I think there will be at least 3 first team players leave as well, my guess is Mceneff, GMS and Smith.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Inteterestingly during an interview a while back. When someone was bigging RCC ip. Robbie said he thought Hungbo was the better player.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

Listened to Robbie on the SATF podcast today, thought he came across really well and Im in the no sure camp with him but he did speak quite a lot about the transfers and the squad size etc. ย  some of the lads like Henderson will be in the squad this year and with a lot more playing colts then it will help. ย Whilst ย our average signing has been 22 he also said that we will need a couple of older heads that have euro experience as wellย 

I'd be interested to know why you are in the "no sure" camp?

38 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

CAM - (Connor Ronan)

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Is Stuart Findlay not left footed?

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

Why are you not sure about Neilson?ย 

Agreed he has the talent but Iโ€™d question his work rate and attitude. He just gives off that he has talent and that will see him through, which it did a couple of times to be fair. But there were so many games where he was an empty jersey. If you could get into his head that heโ€™s a Hearts player, not a Liverpool player waiting to score a hat trick into the Kop, you might get quite a lot more out of him, and that in turn might get him a big move eventually. If we sign him on a moderate wage and give him a chance as an actual signed Hearts player, then fine, it might work. But he doesnโ€™t actually deserve the chance IMO because he didnโ€™t do enough on loan with us.

17 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That could be the case but who knows? Maybe he has had offers with higher wages than we are prepared to offer or with teams he feels he could be a first team player. As i said, i would take him but he would be a project player. Not good enough for the first team yet. The talent is there and i would argue that his attitude seems to be good but he didn't show enough consistency to warrant a high wage. If/when we don't sign him he wont be missed much and we will sign someone better, as RustyRightPeg said.ย 

ย 

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I'd be interested to know why you are in the "no sure" camp?

ย 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Why are you not sure about Neilson?ย 

ย 

ย 

Can't speak for the other poster but as we prepare for a European campaign this still lingers in my mind:

ย 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36821061

ย 

I'm edging ever closer to 'sure', but I'm not there yet.

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Inteterestingly during an interview a while back. When someone was bigging RCC ip. Robbie said he thought Hungbo was the better player.

Hungbo is a better bet IMO. You have to wonder why he didnโ€™t always start or do 90 minutes but thatโ€™s the only concern. Might simply just need to get fitter.

ย 

RCC has one season wonder written all over him IMO.

I have gone from get Robbie out to still not 100% sure ย  I still think that he is tactically naive at times and doesn't fill me with confidence ย  ย  We have a good squad now and I just hope that he can grow with them as he is no way the finished article ย ย 

awadooningorgie2
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Can't speak for the other poster but as we prepare for a European campaign this still lingers in my mind:

ย 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36821061

ย 

I'm edging ever closer to 'sure', but I'm not there yet.

Look at that team though - I don't think one of them would get in our team now with some massive differences starting with Jack Hamilton vs Craig Gordon!!

ย 

• 1Hamilton
  • 24Smith
  • Substituted forDelgado Lloriaat 58'minutes
  • 5Ozturk
  • 4Rossi
  • Substituted forMuirheadat 75'minutes
  • 3Rherras
  • 2Paterson
  • 8Buaben
  • Substituted forCowieat 81'minutes
  • 10Sutchuin-Djoum
  • 11Nicholson
  • 7WalkerBooked at 90mins
  • 18Sammon

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***