*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Just now, Ford Prentice said:

Would be surprised if we sign a keeper. Harry Stone will play for the B team and will be ready to step up if CG gets injured. I think he's rated highly enough for this not to be seen as a high risk strategy. If CG was out long term it's always possible to get another keeper in.

Hasn't Stewart got another year left - sadly.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Stewart is absolutely ****ing terrible. 

He played three times this season. Summarised as below:

Away to Hamilton - Conceded inside the first 5mins. Let in another two within 10mins of each other in the 2nd half.   

Away to St Johnstone - Conceded a very soft goal inside the first 5mins of the first half. Let in another inside the first 10mins of the 2nd half. 

Home to Motherwell - Conceded another quite soft goal inside the first 5mins of first half. 

Cannot stress how utterly dire he is and what a truly honking signing he's been. 

Get him to **** immediately. 

This

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Replaced Ryan Edwards just before half time in draw at Tannadice early March, game we had 5 injuries. 

Thanks knew he'd played against us.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Money  for starters 

Yeh but that’s why mcgregor went to rangers 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yeh but that’s why mcgregor went to rangers 

And he’s a massive rangers fan…

21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Stewart is absolutely ****ing terrible. 

He played three times this season. Summarised as below:

Away to Hamilton - Conceded inside the first 5mins. Let in another two within 10mins of each other in the 2nd half.   

Away to St Johnstone - Conceded a very soft goal inside the first 5mins of the first half. Let in another inside the first 10mins of the 2nd half. 

Home to Motherwell - Conceded another quite soft goal inside the first 5mins of first half. 

Cannot stress how utterly dire he is and what a truly honking signing he's been. 

Get him to **** immediately. 

Against St Johnstone and Motherwell it was a combined 4 mins for 2 goals conceded.... he's absolutely terrible eh 😅🤣🤣

KyleLafferty
10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

And he’s a massive rangers fan…

McGregor grow up a hearts fan I’m sure. I’m also sure his dad is a jambo. 

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

Has anyone watched much of Neilson? 

Seen a few Utd fans saying he's a bit of a bombscare. Most likely sour grapes though

Nope. They were very blasé when Souttar left them though. 

Edited by GinRummy

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He did. Think you can quite safely call him a Rangers man now though. 

RustyRightPeg

Well today is winding down, what a day eh. I’m a happy camper. 

Lets keep this up. 

On 03/06/2022 at 18:17, Italian Lambretta said:
On 07/06/2022 at 16:18, maroonlegions said:

We need to now strengthen our first 11. Obviously all our signings so far have been to prepare for assaults on Europe, the league and the cups

On 07/06/2022 at 16:18, maroonlegions said:

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

His dad is a big jambo met him at a wedding a few years ago I was at Tynie with him 

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

Has anyone watched much of Neilson? 

Seen a few Utd fans saying he's a bit of a bombscare. Most likely sour grapes though

Personally no however Robbie knows him from when he was their Manager and it was him that converted him from a midfielder to a CB.

Robbie also gave him his debut in the senior team so he knows what he is capable of which is probably why we signed him on a three year deal.

3 hours ago, DB-14 said:

Surely Neilson?

Nheilson oot! 

:troll:

Famous 1874

Ross Stewart should be getting sacked. Diabolical record. I’d love to see his stats for shots faced to goals conceded. 

Joel Pereira esq with less minutes 

Tasavallan
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:troll: on this thread

Agree.  Do not quote the troll.  Keep him on your ignore list.

31 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Correct. Alex is a good Jambo.

Wonder if United will be getting their lawyers on the case re neilson. Remember how boring their guy was during the legal case

colinmaroon

It would be helpful to grasp that good central defenders require experience more than most other positions, and therefore younger ones get the bombscare label.

It's been the same at Hearts in my decades of following them.  That's why younger/newer central defenders benefit from playing alongside experience, or given time at least.

Elvis and Zal were major bombscares at first.  Plus, all players make mistakes, it's usually if it costs a goal that it registers.

How many rubbish shots, poor passes did MacKay make last season.  In this day of "fairness and equality" why not call him a bombscare?

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wonder if United will be getting their lawyers on the case re neilson. Remember how boring their guy was during the legal case

they either offered him a contract, officially, in line with the correct process or they didn’t.  

im guessing they’ve made verbal, informal offers but have dropped a bollock. They will argue their case but they won’t win

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

they either offered him a contract, officially, in line with the correct process or they didn’t.  

im guessing they’ve made verbal, informal offers but have dropped a bollock. They will argue their case but they won’t win

Correct, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't his agent that tippled us to that fact, shares an agent with Alan Forrest and Scott McGill

Tasavallan

Knickers in a twist.

Why all this prattle about signing an experienced #2 keeper?  Harry Stone has been nurtured to be CG's replacement in due course.  I expect he will be loaned out to a Championship/League 1 club next season while Stewart warms the bench again.

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Really need a striker or 2 with it looking unlikely we will get Simms back 

Wee need 2 strikers with 2 proper central attacking midfielders plenty wide players already 

1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

Would be surprised if we sign a keeper. Harry Stone will play for the B team and will be ready to step up if CG gets injured. I think he's rated highly enough for this not to be seen as a high risk strategy. If CG was out long term it's always possible to get another keeper in.

I'd not be surprised to see Stone go out on loan with McFarlane going to the b team and covering as needed. Heard a few years ago about concerns with Stone being able to handle the mental side of the game, being unable to fight his way back into the Partick team after being dropped has done nothing to dispell that theory for me and McFarlane may well have or be about to leapfrog Stone in the pecking order

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

Knickers in a twist.

Why all this prattle about signing an experienced #2 keeper?  Harry Stone has been nurtured to be CG's replacement in due course.  I expect he will be loaned out to a Championship/League 1 club next season while Stewart warms the bench again.

I hope not. If anything were to happen to Craig Gordon we would be in deep doo doo. I have a feeling we will sign an experienced keeper as back up and it would not surprise me to see Stewart go out on loan.

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Knickers in a twist.

He was loaned to Partick Thistle and barely played. Then loaned to Albion Rovers and barely played.

He could do with a season in the Lowland.

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'd not be surprised to see Stone go out on loan with McFarlane going to the b team and covering as needed. Heard a few years ago about concerns with Stone being able to handle the mental side of the game, being unable to fight his way back into the Partick team after being dropped has done nothing to dispell that theory for me and McFarlane may well have or be about to leapfrog Stone in the pecking order

The thing I took from watching McFarlane that night was that he looked incredibly slow when he came off his line and not very mobile.

He might be able to get away with that at youth football and I understand he’s still very young but looks as though he could shift a few pounds without being completely disrespectful to the lad. 

Stone looks as though he’s stagnated a touch but he’s still incredibly young. Physically he looks the part though. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He was loaned to Partick Thistle and barely played. Then loaned to Albion Rovers and barely played.

He played 10 out of a possible 16 league games for Albion this season (including 6 clean sheets)

Pasquale for King

I noticed recently that Spurs had two GKs on the bench against us in 2011, with the extra subs now it seems to be the norm in most European and International matches.

If it’s a rule we will surely need another GK of a higher standard than Stewart?

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

He played against us after the split, I think , remember him looking useful. Then again I could be talking nonsense,  poor Internet in rural France so can't check.

Well a lot of 19 year olds can look like bomb scares ! souttar at the start  did not set the heather a lite and hickey can look like he is blowing out his hole fact 

maroonedinlivvy
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

In fairness, after he was dropped at Partick the other keeper came in and played a blinder with no good reason to drop him thereafter, just unfortunate for Harry Stone.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Stone should go into the B team IMO - the quality of the league isn’t so important for a keeper as a young team of laddies will concede chances so he will be required to make plenty of saves as far as I can see.

That keeps us with the chance to bring him back if needed.

McFarlane could then go on loan to League 1 or 2 as he is younger 

If we’re still looking at the a league, Nestor Irankunda seems to be doing pretty well for himself. 13 appearances, 3 goals, But he’s only 16! One to keep an eye on IMO.

maroonedinlivvy
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Stone should go into the B team IMO - the quality of the league isn’t so important for a keeper as a young team of laddies will concede chances so he will be required to make plenty of saves as far as I can see.

That keeps us with the chance to bring him back if needed.

McFarlane could then go on loan to League 1 or 2 as he is younger 

The plan was to loan him out again next season, don't know if the entry into Lowland league changes that, and to try and get another keeper in (probably late in the window)

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, gjcc said:

He’s been given permission to speak to a Croatian side. 

that'll be some gig for the translator 

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Take all the emotion out of it… what reason does Simms have to come back here?

He probably thinks/hopes he can still break through at Everton, even if he scores 25 goals for us it’s unlikely that would get him into the first team at Everton the following season.

He is maybe looking at getting a loan to West Brom or Middlesbrough where if he gets 25 goals and fires them to promotion he will stand out much more.

European exposure here would obviously be good for him too but he’s 22 in January so you’d think his next move will be crucial to the next stage of his career - completely agree he’s at a different crossroad to the one Beni was at.

To be honest, I think what will make up his mind (if he even has a choice in the matter) is what the Everton coaching staff say to him. If they say a successful season up here (and even in Europe) won't really tell them he's ready for a go at the Everton first team, but that a successful season in the English Championship would, it'll be a no-brainer for him to go there!

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

I would be looking at bringing McDonald in for a year long deal. Give Stone time to progress. Mcdonald is an experienced keeper who i imagine would be quite happy to be back up to Craig at this late stage in his career. He knows the club as well. 

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I would be looking at bringing McDonald in for a year long deal. Give Stone time to progress. Mcdonald is an experienced keeper who i imagine would be quite happy to be back up to Craig at this late stage in his career. He knows the club as well. 

Agreed. Inexpensive and better than Stewart. Though that also described an Ikea couch.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
6 hours ago, Le Chat said:

So what's his nickname gonna be?

Sausage, bacon, well-fired, crispy, morning, forward or bread Rowles?

Can only be vegemite, probably his favourite😁

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, McNelly15 said:

Against St Johnstone and Motherwell it was a combined 4 mins for 2 goals conceded.... he's absolutely terrible eh 😅🤣🤣

I know how bad is that eh.

Conceded 3 against Hamilton. That in itself is bad enough. He's just absolutely terrible. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ross Stewart should be getting sacked. Diabolical record. I’d love to see his stats for shots faced to goals conceded. 

Joel Pereira esq with less minutes 

100% this lol. 

Please Robbie/Joe. I know you have eyes on here. Please just put me out my misery and sign Aiden McAdams lol. He's an absolutely perfect fit for us right now. 

41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They actually said on their website they made him an offer in February but they didn't specify that it was in writing to the player.

Extract from their website below.

Sporting Director Tony Asghar said: "We have been in discussions with Lewis Neilson and his representatives since September and made him a concrete contract offer in February.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Robbie has mentioned signing experience - and players with European experience. Around the 28-30 mark. 2 or 3 players of that type.

These may be the really exciting ones….

Agreed. 

I'm still going for Rogic and Wilshiere. 

Both meet that criteria. 😎

Bazzas right boot
Just now, wavydavy said:

They actually said on their website they made him an offer in February but they didn't specify that it was in writing to the player.

Extract from their website below.

Sporting Director Tony Asghar said: "We have been in discussions with Lewis Neilson and his representatives since September and made him a concrete contract offer in February.

" concrete " offer. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wish they'd get that tiny wee kids scarf to **** and get a real one. 

It is a real one. Lads just fecking huge. 

17 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

No brainer. 👍

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***