*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Big season for Henderson if given a chance. Not sure he will though . I think maybe we are looking at a level above now which is a good thing and that’s not a reflection on Henderson.

He is ideal as one our 4 required home grown players though for next season at least.

31 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah but then he went back to the 3 at the back in the final strange, because the game we had most success against rangers, was when we played 4231 at home and lost 2-0 due to no pressure on the ball, and a long ball over the top followed by no-one following the runners off the ball. 

We could of easily quite won that game tbh. 

We won two of our most important games of the season, both against Hibs, playing 3-4-3. 

3-4-3 also got us off to the start in the league that set the foundations for us getting 3rd.

When we had injuries and Neilson recognised the fit players worked better in 4-2-3-1 he changed to that formation - with success. Eg he wasn’t stubborn, like his predecessor.

He also changed things and formation during games, largely with some success.

Neilson played out the season as well as he could with the squad and injuries he had in my opinion.

Roll on next year when we shouldn’t be hampered by injuries as much and we should have at least 3 or 4 better players in various parts of the first choice team.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

8 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

In what way

Forget it mate there's only one bizarre person and its not you👍

Can’t get over some folk on here’s obsession with ex players.

just no imagination when it comes to signings.

move on ffs.

Kennyfragg13
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Forget it mate there's only one bizarre person and its not you👍

👍

kingantti1874
38 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

move on ffs.

Can’t get over some folks objection to returning players .. when some of the greatest players in the history of this club have had more than one spell.

Craig Gordon

John Robertson

John Colquhoun

Rudi Skacel

A total nonsense point.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Can’t get over some folks objection to returning players .. when some of the greatest players in the history of this club have had more than one spell.

Craig Gordon

John Robertson

John Colquhoun

Rudi Skacel

A total nonsense point.

Those were great players. Callum Paterson isn't a great player.

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Worth listening to the latest Scarves Around the Funnel podcast. A long interview with Neilson in which he talks about why he doesn't just throw youngsters into the team and his hopes for Henderson for next season.

If anything, Harry Stone is the forgotten man. Neilson literally forgot his name during the podcast. But he is also very positive about Harry and it sounds like the idea our other youth keeper has already overtaken him is definitely not the case.

I thought that was ridiculous - it was like he was comparing playing for Hearts to getting capped.  It's an honour to play for Hearts blaah blaah blaah - it's a professional sport.  I think he thought it might play well to the fans but it just sounded like a feeble excuse for not playing youngsters.

kingantti1874
Just now, Cruyff said:

he was a great player for us.. and would play for every club in the SPL outside of Glasgow. 

More than good enough for our squad and the fact he played for us previously is utterly irrelevant

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nail on the head

BackOfTheNet
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

he was a great player for us.. and would play for every club in the SPL outside of Glasgow. 

More than good enough for our squad and the fact he played for us previously is utterly irrelevant

Genuinely though, what are you basing this on? It seems like ever since Cardiff got relegated he’s realised he’s likely peaked as a player in his career. If you’ve seen him play at any point in the last three years he’s missing that spark. He’s just a bruiser and nothing more these days. I genuinely can’t fathom anyone who has watched a game of his, even on Sky Sports etc, in the last three years and still thought he’s a good player.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Ps - it would take long to find threads on here full of posters embarrassing themselves   “ we shouldn’t re-  sign Gordon or skacel” 

if a player is good enough they are good enough.

CP is not “a great” but would strengthen us without doubt.

6 minutes ago, briever said:

I thought that was ridiculous - it was like he was comparing playing for Hearts to getting capped.  It's an honour to play for Hearts blaah blaah blaah - it's a professional sport.  I think he thought it might play well to the fans but it just sounded like a feeble excuse for not playing youngsters.

Totally disagree with this to me it sounded like he was saying that he was not just going to play a player that was unproven just because they were young

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ps - it would take long to find threads on here full of posters embarrassing themselves   “ we shouldn’t re-  sign Gordon or skacel” 

I don’t think he would. He wouldn’t suit our style of play.

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, briever said:

What happens if he passes on signing proven quality to play some youngsters who aren’t good enough? Would you still

moan if we finished 6th or 7th in the league but “at least we played the laddies eh”

1 hour ago, pointon said:

What’s Sam Nicholson’s contract situation 🤔

Soon to be out of contract I believe. No idea if he is being offered another deal or if anyone else is interested including us.

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Would you?

1 hour ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

In what way

Don't give him the attention he craves. 

Jambo 4 Ever
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Craig Gordon

John Robertson

John Colquhoun

Rudi Skacel

A total nonsense point.

This 

same people who probably didn’t want Gordon to come back while he was at Celtic  🙄 

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This 

same people who probably didn’t want Gordon to come back while he was at Celtic  🙄 

Honking

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Craig Gordon

John Robertson

John Colquhoun

Rudi Skacel

A total nonsense point.

Very good players yeh.

average players it’s a no from me.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Very good players yeh.

average players it’s a no from me.

I’d say Paterson was a very good player for us 

Hammerofthehibs
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

move on ffs.

Exactly. Rarely are returnees successful exclude Rudi, Robbo and Craig - we have moved on NO MORE TALK PLEASE ABOUT PATERSON, NICHOLSON ETC. had their day. Onwards and upwards for hearts and our fans. We are going to better places and greater heights. Liked the link with Patterson at Everton that’s more like it. Couple of decent strikers please Joe

The reason people want former players back is because they they know what they will get Simms for example as opposed to Gnando

20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Soon to be out of contract I believe. No idea if he is being offered another deal or if anyone else is interested including us.

He would rather go to Bristol R than Hearts last time so nah

Dick Dastardly

If a player is good enough i really don't care if he has played for us before. I haven't seen anything of Paterson or Nicholson since they left so i have no idea if/how they would fit in to our squad. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The reason people want former players back is because they they know what they will get Simms for example as opposed to Gnando

Exactly. Besides, its not just Robbo and Rudi, there was Stevo and Webster too. Berra did us a great turn till he got injured and obviously Gordon too. 

I can't actually think of any that came back and were pish. Walkers 2nd spell was largely broken up by injury.

Its properly weird how angry some folk seem to get when suggesting a former player comes back :D We're not doing the scouting, just a suggestion ffs 

Beyond that, I genuinely think Paterson would be brilliant for us if he came back.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Exactly. Besides, its not just Robbo and Rudi, there was Stevo and Webster too. Berra did us a great turn till he got injured and obviously Gordon too. 

I can't actually think of any that came back and were pish. Walkers 2nd spell was largely broken up by injury.

Its properly weird how angry some folk seem to get when suggesting a former player comes back :D We're not doing the scouting, just a suggestion ffs 

Beyond that, I genuinely think Paterson would be brilliant for us if he came back.

All of this yes

Rick Sanchez

Paterson is just a battering ram nowadays who scores the odd goal. He would be a threat from set pieces but I think our recruitment is based on more than that.

I'm sentimental about him as well but not as a striker and if not there...where?

I'd have no use for him other than 3rd choice striker or a route one option.

Callums workrate and winning attitude alone would see him walking into our team. 

Unfortunately  he didn't leave on good terms with Robbie and Levein 👍.

And gave juanma a black eye 😂

39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Totally disagree with this to me it sounded like he was saying that he was not just going to play a player that was unproven just because they were young

He was trying to make out it was some sort of honour to justify not picking them, how they were supposed to garner the honour points, he didn't say.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Callums workrate and winning attitude alone would see him walking into our team. 

Unfortunately  he didn't leave on good terms with Robbie and Levein 👍.

And gave juanma a black eye 😂

Not true. He’s a mate of mine and he liked Neilson. He didn’t like how much Levein was involved. 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not true. He’s a mate of mine and he liked Neilson. He didn’t like how much Levein was involved. 

Even better then! Levein is gone, Neilson very much his own man and we need striker! 

Plus bonus points for lamping Juanma :D 

37 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What happens if he passes on signing proven quality to play some youngsters who aren’t good enough? Would you still

moan if we finished 6th or 7th in the league but “at least we played the laddies eh”

There is no doubt we should have played the laddies in the last few games - I am not advocating throwing players in for the sake of it, I am perfectly aware of how difficult young players can find the game now with players much fitter and stronger than in the past.  But we had 5 dead rubber games and an opportunity to play a few of them in games we fecking lost anyway.

Playing for Hearts is a job, first and foremost - its a club some players grow up supporting and playing for them might feel like something more than a job - but to try and make it out to be some sort of honour is just daft - smacked of him trying to justify his non selection.  Some managers are like that, not got a great deal of trust in young players and that's fine - dont try and hide it behind honour bollocks.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Ozturk is out of contract at the end of the month..  😉 

We're too late has he has already signed up with another Turkish club :(

Dick Dastardly
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

We're too late has he has already signed up with another Turkish club :(

Damn, I'll have to look for other ex players whose contracts are running down

25 minutes ago, briever said:

He was trying to make out it was some sort of honour to justify not picking them, how they were supposed to garner the honour points, he didn't say.

Bu performing well at lower age level or on loan

Jambo 4 Ever
31 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Do you think he will want To come back one day?

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

While you may otherwise be right, do we not need to boost our homegrown player numbers for Europe?

Interesting 🤔 were not done with incomings,  this may be in Robbie and Joe's requisite, we'll have to wait and see who else comes in 

Famous 1874

I loved CP when he was at us but anyone who wants him back clearly hasn’t watched him the past couple of seasons. Shite is an understatement. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Where would he strengthen us though? 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Christ, we have people moaning that discussing transfer policy and how the recruitment team operate now as opposed to previous years is apparently going off topic for a transfer thread, yet let’s just talk endlessly about a player who will never, ever, ever, join us during this window (mainly because he’s an expensive player that hasn’t played well in about 3 years). Right. Perfect sense.

Yessss! 

download.gif

Hope CR signs from wolves he was brilliant for st mirren last few months a definite good signing of we get him.

Would love to see us get Charles cook as well 

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Hope CR signs from wolves he was brilliant for st mirren last few months a definite good signing of we get him.

Would love to see us get Charles cook as well 

Charles-Cook signed for Eupen.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Does everyone apart from me watch Sheffield Wednesday every week??

I watch Shanklands team every week 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***