*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Neilson saying we want 3-4 more in essentially.

Something tomorrow would be nice but I'm expecting all the business to be done on Thursday.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

37 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Ramirez is not playing for Aberdeen as he wants a transfer back to USA, why they haven't,  no idea, training with the kids apparently. Not a number 10, penalty box and not in any way a replacement for Boyce 

And hes a ****ing bellend as we know 🤣

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If we can’t bring in players good enough for Hearts who we can afford and want to come here, you have to ask wtf the 3 man recruitment team have been doing for 3 months.

Discussion pending for the weekend in case your not talking shite.

I’d be astonished and deeply disappointed if we havent got 3 in by Thursday night to cover the bleeding obvious gaps we’ve got, made worse by injuries but which we’ve known about in one case for a year and in the other case since Simms left in May.

Have you thought about any of this before posting?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Have you thought about any of this before posting?

What thoughts should I have had ? If your in the business of telling people what their thoughts should be I’d love to hear it

Should be a rollercoaster last couple of days then! Hoping we do get 3 or 4 in! The great/shite thing is that rumours are so limited these days that we don't have a scooby who it's going to be!!

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

What thoughts should I have had ? If your in the business of telling people what their thoughts should be I’d love to hear it

We have spent more money this window than any other period since Romanov. You then ask what the recruitment team have been up to? Seems very silly to me...

CloustonHMFC
8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Interesting though, they need to be better than the youngsters- strange thing to say.

Not really. No point in bringing players who aren’t of better quality than what we already have at the club, including youngsters. 

…… and yet we still have ONE striker at the club and a big hole where a decent right sided centre back used to be…… and that’s before we even talk about Boyce needing replaced 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We have spent more money this window than any other period since Romanov. You then ask what the recruitment team have been up to? Seems very silly to me...

Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

Not really. No point in bringing players who aren’t of better quality than what we already have at the club, including youngsters. 

Yip but what level are they at ? 

Neilson was impressive in the last game but going in to a European campaign how good are the ones mentioned? 

I don't know the answer just found it a bit random if we bring in another 3 or 4 

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

And hes a ****ing bellend as we know 🤣

Funnily enough was speaking to a Dons mate and bellend was the exact term used.

Apparently he keeps posting up things like “the best striker in scotlands on the bench, wtf” and “aberdeen is so sh1t compared to America”
His wife also posted how awful the richest part of aberdeen was.

And he's on 10k a week.

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Exciting few days ahead definitely!

I can only think joe has showed them the tour  of the stadium! and the Edinburgh festival they have one look at the rubbish and said no thanks ! Hope not 😂

8 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

That would be the youngsters he’s declined to play for the last 2 years because presumably RN didn’t think they were good enough ?

Lets see how many of them start tomorrow in an injury crisis.

Edited by JimmyCant

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

War chest is being opened

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

And so we should, Hearts have spent less than Hibs and Aberdeen but generated more cash than them.

Just now, jonesy said:

Lad's got a point, TBF.

True, although I'd happily live in Aberdeen and wear a I ❤️ Aberdeen T-Shirt for 10k a week.

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

…… and yet we still have ONE striker at the club and a big hole where a decent right sided centre back used to be…… and that’s before we even talk about Boyce needing replaced 

Boyce + Shankland + Henderson + Kirk = 4

Even by JKB math that's a poor effort.

We've spent well over £1m on players and a the new signings all look really good.

Calm yourself  down  ...

8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Apparently he keeps posting up things like “the best striker in scotlands on the bench, wtf” and “aberdeen is so sh1t compared to America”

And he's on 10k a week.

I lived in Aberdeen for about 2 years when it was a thriving party town. That was 20 years ago. It was a great place to live and work and play.

Went back for a weekend with old friends last year and it’s a grey soul destroying place, like a ghost town in comparison. All the good boozers gone. Place is filthy and run down. All the money has gone. No danger I’d go back there to live.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We've spent well over £1m on players and a the new signings all look really good.

Calm yourself  down  ...

Thats a horrendous front 4 even if Boyce was fit for a team challenging for 3 and in Europe.

With the amount of games we need more depth than the first two

Edited by steve123

3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Thats a horrendous front 4 even if Boyce was fit for a team challenging for 3 and in Europe.

With the amount of games we need more depth than the first two

If Boyce wasn't injured we'd have been fine. I really like the look of Ginnelly through the middle. I think that's a great option to have. Playing a 3-4-3 with Shankland inured we can still play McKay - Gino - Forrest ... That front 3 rips 80% of the teams in our league apart....

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If Boyce wasn't injured we'd have been fine. I really like the look of Ginnelly through the middle. I think that's a great option to have. Playing a 3-4-3 with Shankland inured we can still play McKay - Gino - Forrest ... That front 3 rips 80% of the teams in our league apart....

yip agreed,but as has become obvious quicker than anyone could have imagined we need depth- thank goodness it happened whilst window still open.

Edited by steve123

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Calm yourself  down  ...

Henderson and Kirk ? You’re not serious ? Henderson isn’t trusted for even 10 minutes and I couldn’t even tell you where Kirk is. B team I imagine.

Boyce hasn’t been a striker for over a year since the day Simms came in, and he’s been on the wane for a year too. 

Yes, for the most part the new signings look good, but we are still missing two vital positions at least and our cover and depth in some areas doesn’t look great to me. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I must admit I have been giving Ginnelly the thumbs down lately but agree with you he was good on Sunday playing through the middle.

RustyRightPeg
19 minutes ago, bawheed said:

And so we should, Hearts have spent less than Hibs and Aberdeen but generated more cash than them.

Spent less cash but we’ve had more performances out of new signings than they have combined bar maybe Miovski or however you spell it for Aberdeen and we’ve also more to show for it in the league table than them both too. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Henderson and Kirk ? You’re not serious ? Henderson isn’t trusted for even 10 minutes and I couldn’t even tell you where Kirk is. B team I imagine.

Boyce hasn’t been a striker for over a year since the day Simms came in, and he’s been on the wane for a year too. 

Yes, for the most part the new signings look good, but we are still missing two vital positions at least and our cover and depth in some areas doesn’t look great to me. 

Boyce looked a striker on (again) on Sunday prior to that injury! We played ONE striker so we don't actually need 4 at the Boyce / Shankland level, do we?

2 minutes ago, One five said:

I must admit I have been giving Ginnelly the thumbs down lately but agree with you he was good on Sunday playing through the middle.

He’ll have another good game in October going by his track record 

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Boyce looked a striker on (again) on Sunday prior to that injury! We played ONE striker so we don't actually need 4 at the Boyce / Shankland level, do we?

We don’t need options to make changes due to form loss or system tweaks or injuries or suspensions or even just the substitutions ? Changes that don’t mean a massive drop off in quality ?

Edited by JimmyCant

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He’ll have another good game in October going by his track record 

Maybe but that does not change my opinion about how  he played on Sunday 🤷‍♂️

Edited by One five

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We don’t need options to make changes due to form loss or system tweaks or injuries or suspensions or even just the substitutions ? Changes that don’t mean a massive drop off in quality ?

The amount of cash we spent on Shankland he will be playing most of the big games mate.

11 minutes ago, One five said:

Gino could be an absolute superstar for Hearts if he gets a run of games like Sunday!

31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

"ONE!!!1!!1!" and that's before we talk about Boyce needing replaced?  Do you remember when you guys were shrieking about a 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1 being "only one up front".  Now the guy that was playing as the apparent lone striker is no longer a striker.  Nor is Euan Henderson, although he will be brought up as a "what does he need to do, eh?" or perhaps he will chucked in a big boys game and we will supposed to be sorry for him, poor wee laddie being chucked in like McEneff.

Lewis Neilson has a lot of improve on defensively but is good on the ball, plus he has started one out of a possible 10 games or so this season.  So sounds to me like a pretty apt replacement for Souttar.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Gino could be an absolute superstar for Hearts if he gets a run of games like Sunday!

And I could marry Megan Fox.

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

:lol: 

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

🤣You really going with this in order to claim we have one striker?

In any case, we finished third with zero strikers last season and we've improved.  Personally I didn't count Simms as a striker because if I did then I wouldn't be able to say we finished third last season without any striker.  Also, I had never heard of Simms (nor did I know what he looked like) when he signed so I don't see how he could be considered a recognised striker.

Edited by WageThief
ed is dead

Even before Sunday's injuries we were supposed to be making additional late signings "when better quality becomes available". Don't see why that should have changed. We must have been targeting specific players who will now say yes or no. This is obviously a risky strategy with no guarantee of getting who we want. If we don't I suppose we make do in these positions. 

However Sunday's injuries have left us a "must sign" requirement in an area we were probably not targeting. Very tough challenge. We need a favour from a friendly club maybe. Another Simms type on loan. Let's hope JS pulls it out the bag.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

And he's on 10k a week.

i know a few folk whos interactions with him have been less than enjoyable. Thats as politely as I can put it

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I lived in Aberdeen for about 2 years when it was a thriving party town. That was 20 years ago. It was a great place to live and work and play.

Went back for a weekend with old friends last year and it’s a grey soul destroying place, like a ghost town in comparison. All the good boozers gone. Place is filthy and run down. All the money has gone. No danger I’d go back there to live

good boozers? Go on then, which ones were the good ones. Its always been grey and soul destroying. Its built from granite 😉

Some people need to calm down, I am sure they working hard on bringing in the right type of player. The last thing we need is just a panic buy / loan as we need to fill a gap 

30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Unsurprised you can't see the potential. 

Hes had a fair while to showcase himself and hes had a handful of good games. Even on Sunday some of what he did was very poor. He did put a few cracking crosses in and a few good runs but everything was tempered with a moment of poor touches, poor decisions etc

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

i know a few folk whos interactions with him have been less than enjoyable. Thats as politely as I can put it

good boozers? Go on then, which ones were the good ones. Its always been grey and soul destroying. Its built from granite 😉

I’m sure we can discuss this away from the transfer thread at some stage if you’re desperate for information about Aberdeen night life around the turn of the Millenium.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

I’m sure we can discuss this away from the transfer thread at some stage if you’re desperate for information about Aberdeen night life around the turn of the Millenium.

Just intrigued what you classed as good boozers in Aberdeen then.

Just now, sadj said:

Just intrigued what you classed as good boozers in Aberdeen then.

Grow up son. it was 20 odd years ago and it’s all changed now. Christ sake pick another argument 

Jamboscanbevicius

Lyle Taylor would be a good option IMO. 12 month deal. Proven up here and very experienced.

Ajieti could be excellent but likely out of our budget. Maybe needs to

rebuild his rep. Worth asking.

Ramirez - questionable attitude if what’s been posted is true. Maybe best avoided.

FWIW - I think both Gino and young Neilson have shown they can be useful in positions we are most short, so I wouldn’t panic if we don’t overpay at the deadline. We’ve signed good players out of contract before and expect we will again! 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Grow up son. it was 20 odd years ago and it’s all changed now. Christ sake pick another argument 

What is wrong with you. Im asking a question. Its a pretty simple one too. As for “son” dearie me🙈 could have had a wee debate on what pubs arent there now and were decent and you’ve made it into some weird thing. Just dont even bother replying. Enjoy yer night

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hes had a fair while to showcase himself and hes had a handful of good games. Even on Sunday some of what he did was very poor. He did put a few cracking crosses in and a few good runs but everything was tempered with a moment of poor touches, poor decisions etc

If his decision making was better he'd be in different league from the Scottish Premiership.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***