• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folk forget that there was a ceasefire agreement and that Russia already had nominal control over half of both the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.

Putin's just pushing to take the whole of both regions using absolute lies to justify it.

Ukraine is surrounded. To the North, Belarus and Russian forces have gathered.

To the south west, in the Russian-backed micro state of Transnistria, there are thousands of Russian troops.

And in the east is the Russian border itself.

il Duce McTarkin
24 minutes ago, Dazo said:

A closet homosexual actually which is far worse, so my father in law tells me. 😳😂

Spot on. 😳

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

I know my outlook on it may be overly simplistic too, but surely the people should be given an opportunity to speak here? If the people in the East want independence or to become part of Russia, let them have a vote. What right do Russia have to invade the land and claim it as theirs?

Not at all, Locky, it's easy to simplify this going on msm headlines.

It is a serious escalation but Russia has invaded from the the North, with Belarusian support incidentally, and with help inside Ukraine from Eastern separatists. 

It's a mess and Putin knows, or has all least calculated, that the West are in a very difficult position on possible retaliation.

13 minutes ago, Locky said:

Alaska could certainly be a strategic point to have military stationed if China and North Korea get involved. Otherwise, approaching from that angle will just be met with bears and babushka's. There's **** all there. :lol: 

America has troops stationed in Japan and South Korea for that reason. Alaska and siberia are probably the safest places on earth right now.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Folk forget that there was a ceasefire agreement and that Russia already had nominal control over half of both the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.

Putin's just pushing to take the whole of both regions using absolute lies to justify it.

Ukraine is surrounded. To the North, Belarus and Russian forces have gathered.

To the south west, in the Russian-backed micro state of Transnistria, there are thousands of Russian troops.

And in the east is the Russian border itself.

Yip.

Jezz A friend who is Ex squaddie has had an email from MOD about re enlisting due to the current situation 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Not at all, Locky, it's easy to simplify this going on msm headlines.

It is a serious escalation but Russia has invaded from the the North, with Belarusian support incidentally, and with help inside Ukraine from Eastern separatists. 

It's a mess and Putin knows, or has all least calculated, that the West are in a very difficult position on possible retaliation.

Sure is a mess Boab. Hard to see a great outcome for anyone here at this moment. All we can hope for is a quick ceasefire and more talks to be held, but Russia are pushing hard and Ukraine don't seem to want to back down which isn't a good sign.

Ukraine's president basically offering weapons to anyone who wishes to have them. 

I reckon part of the onslaught is he wants total control of the country before the U.S can get significant munitions and assistance to the Ukrainians that would bog him down.

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Jezz A friend who is Ex squaddie has had an email from MOD about re enlisting due to the current situation 

It's probably the joke letter that is being circulated? Currently serving and not a sniff of anything remotely suggesting re-enlistment has been mentioned that I know of.

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's not quite like Iraq. Its true there was a possibility of invading Iran from there. 

But in this case what we are going to get is a new hostile Ukraine government. Puppet state. Underming EU in particular which Ukraine was much closer to joining than NATO. 

So NATO is going to have send major forces to Poland (on border) as well as Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia which are next on Putin's list. 

What we done in Iraq had greater consequences than Russia expanding its borders. We created a situation where a terrorist group took control of country on the doorstep of a NATO member. We never reinforced them. If Russia wanted Latvia,Lithuania or Estonia they would have invaded at the same time as they invaded the Ukraine. That's the only way they could realistically win a war with Nato. What they are gonna do is grab as much as they can  in a few days and then agree to a ceasefire. 

Fitzroy Pointon
22 minutes ago, Locky said:

Just watched Putin's message there. Rather terrifying words especially in this day and age.

Yip. He's completely lost it :sad:

32 minutes ago, Boab said:

It's an East/West thing in Ukraine though, hence the recent trouble there.

70% support in Western Ukraine to join NATO but less than half in the Eastern parts.

The Russians haven't dived into a part of Ukraine that wants them out.

Simplistic I know but Eastern Ukraine will be where it kicks off. The Russians won't go too far West in my humble opinion.

Sounds like Irish independence in 1922...

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Mate has just been served call up papers. He's a retired helicopter pilot. Crazy stuff if we are relying on retired ex military to be pulled back to fight!

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

It’s not the best time to have that buffoon Johnson as PM

Sad times 

If West does nothing Putin will likely take back the former Soviet states one by one 

If West get’s involved militarily it could be WW3 and doomsday 

As I said sad times

Would we be better off with Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn? 

He might welcome extension of his range of vacation options. He and Diane Abbot had the choice of all of Eastern Europe in the good old days of Soviet occupation.

7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

What we done in Iraq had greater consequences than Russia expanding its borders. We created a situation where a terrorist group took control of country on the doorstep of a NATO member. We never reinforced them. If Russia wanted Latvia,Lithuania or Estonia they would have invaded at the same time as they invaded the Ukraine. That's the only way they could realistically win a war with Nato. What they are gonna do is grab as much as they can  in a few days and then agree to a ceasefire. 

What you are saying is called 'whataboutery'.

Ukraine got rid of its pro Russia leader in 2014. In something called a popular uprising confirmed by democracy. The people decided. 

It's now probably going to be forced to install a pro Russian Government. 

True that invading Lithuania is unlikely but even last week most people didn't think Putin would actually invade Ukraine. 

Edited by Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Mate has just been served call up papers. He's a retired helicopter pilot. Crazy stuff if we are relying on retired ex military to be pulled back to fight!

Yes well my mates appears to be genuine too 

9 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I think this will be the outcome 

Francis Albert

I see another thread has become a wokeness competition. Speculating about Putin's psychological motivation seems fair enough to me . His ultra macho image (parading bare chested on horseback, ludicrous distancing at meetings and so on) may mean he has an old fashioned idea of what being a "real man" is. Or it may indeed be a compensating symptom of repressed homosexuality combined with that old fashioned idea of manhood.

A popular song about Hitler would today probably be viewed as a slur on men with monorchidism.)

20 minutes ago, JamboMarc said:

Poor sod has a great bit of footage but gets all over excited and starts swearing so his insightful words won't make it onto mainstream news channels. 

The White Cockade
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

He might welcome extension of his range of vacation options. He and Diane Abbot had the choice of all of Eastern Europe in the good old days of Soviet occupation.

Corbyn would never have been PM he would never have won an election 

Are you saying Johnson is the best the Conservatives can come up with?

3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Aye……spend about 4 - 6 hours training them then give them loads of equipment that we hold in reserve…..jobs a gud yin 😂

I meant across Europe and the USA. Russia has 2 million reserve soldiers, that would need matched if it came to the worst. And I suppose 8 weeks training would be feck all time, if we end up in WW3. But hey, it's too much hassle, Vlad you win. 

And the ***** has threatened the west with consequences if we interfere, so let's point every nuke the west has at every major Russian City, if he wants consequences.

18 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Yip. He's completely lost it :sad:

On a lighter note though, could you imagine Boris's declaration of war statement. :lol: 

Just now, Locky said:

On a lighter note though, could you imagine Boris's declaration of war statement. :lol: 

He's always wanted Churchill status, well, Boris, come on down.

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Poor sod has a great bit of footage but gets all over excited and starts swearing so his insightful words won't make it onto mainstream news channels. 

Just bleep it?

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's always wanted Churchill status, well, Boris, come on down.

Wonder if they'll put his face on the British Rouble notes in 50 years time.

25 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Careful with the facts here. 😊

Fitzroy Pointon
8 minutes ago, Locky said:

I'd rather not. His first lockdown address was embarrassing enough. 

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I meant across Europe and the USA. Russia has 2 million reserve soldiers, that would need matched if it came to the worst. And I suppose 8 weeks training would be feck all time, if we end up in WW3. But hey, it's too much hassle, Vlad you win. 

And the ***** has threatened the west with consequences if we interfere, so let's point every nuke the west has at every major Russian City, if he wants consequences.

The vast majority probably already are to be fair.

26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I'd have Blair, at least he commanded some respect back on the day. 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

I'd rather not. His first lockdown address was embarrassing enough. 

'We shall defeat them, not with violence, but with a good old fashioned game of whiff whaff'.

11 minutes ago, Locky said:

I imagine it will be the usual pish, bluster and lies. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

The vast majority probably already are to be fair.

I wonder where Putin's subs are. Just outside Helensburgh.

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Corbyn would never have been PM he would never have won an election 

Are you saying Johnson is the best the Conservatives can come up with?

What makes you ask that. The answer is of course no but frankly I would not have much faith in anyone on either front bench today.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What makes you ask that. The answer is of course no but frankly I would not have much faith in anyone on either front bench today.

I think you'd first have to ask who on either front bench has a vested interest or who has been a beneficiary of the largesse of the guy who just invaded Ukraine.

Once you've established that, then you'll know who is up to the job.

SectionDJambo

Whatever state the British armed forces are in has been achieved during twelve years of Conservative government. Same as the numbers of Police and NHS staff and equipment.

Nobody else to blame or praise.

It used to be the Labour Party who were accused by the Conservatives of wanting to reduce our security against the Russian threat. Now we’ve, seemingly, got a Conservative government who are closer to the Russians than the Labour Party are.

Strange times.

As for Johnson “leading the response of the world” against the threat of Russian invasion of Ukraine, that has gone as well as expected. He should never have been anywhere near the PM job, but he was, apparently, the only one who could get Brexit done. A previous victory for Putin without a shot being fired by him. 

Not saying Corbyn would have been a good PM but he backed the Magnitsky powers and would have nationalised the energy industry.

Thus far Boris Johnson has refused to publish the infamous Russian report, sanctioned 3 oligarchs who were already on a sanctions list and loaned folk 200 quid to help with soaring energy bills.

The worst possible Government at the worst possible time.

Again.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Lest we forget the people who weakened the UK on the world stage , gave us the worst government ever and a PM who is a laughing stock.

Rees Mogg might be able to add WW3 to the list of Brexit "benefits"

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine