• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Putin getting Belarus onside is a stroke of genius on his part. This is worrying times indeed chaps. As others have said a few of my ex army pals have been asked to consider returning. One has been out for 6 years. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It might seem to be a pathetic gesture but the Russians and Chinese have always used sporting events to either showcase their countries as the model the world should follow, or to cheat by drug use to show the world how physically superior they are. I know that others have used drugs over the years but the old Soviet controlled countries were easily the worst.

Russia and Belarus should be immediately excluded from any sports, worldwide, whether hosting or taking part. No point in having economic sanctions but allowing them to carry on as normal in other world affairs and events. The Russians have shown complete disrespect for the right of others to live their lives in freedom. Time to show them what it's like.

I would extend the ban to Russian tourists holidaying anywhere in the world but in the few countries who think they are an acceptable member of humanity.

Poland v Russia WC play off game coming up.

Maybe FIFA will grow some and bin Russia. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Putin getting Belarus onside is a stroke of genius. This is worrying times indeed chaps. As others have said a few of my ex army pals have been asked to consider returning. One has been out for 6 years. 

My niece's man is in the special forces. Worried about him .

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

So every ***** can invade any *****, coz we don't want to start a nuclear war. What's the point, if you can't live without fear. You're better off dead, while taking these ***** out.

That's not what I said. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So every ***** can invade any *****, coz we don't want to start a nuclear war. What's the point, if you can't live without fear. You're better off dead, while taking these ***** out.

A nuclear war is the end of the human race. Or at least any sort of good standard it makes zero sense on either side. You are right however living on fear isn’t worth it. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

A nuclear war is the end of the human race. Or at least any sort of good standard it makes zero sense on either side. 

Putin and sense have left the building. He'll nuke the whole of Europe if he gets the chance. It may be the only option, hit first.

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Putin getting Belarus onside is a stroke of genius. This is worrying times indeed chaps. As others have said a few of my ex army pals have been asked to consider returning. One has been out for 6 years. 

If this does turn into a prolonged ground offensive, my worry is that from a parents point of view is that there could be some kind of call up or national service back door call up. My lad is 18teen..  

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

A nuclear war is the end of the human race. Or at least any sort of good standard it makes zero sense on either side. You are right however living on fear isn’t worth it. 

If no-one is going to use them, NATO should go in and take his head off.

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If we discount a nuclear holocaust arising* from a concerted NATO/European "boots on the ground" approach, does anyone think there's an appetite for getting involved in what would become a European version of Syria ?  Ukraine will be abandoned, that's the sad fact. 

How many of us knew Ukraine had nuclear missiles until 1994 - when it surrendered them to the Russians ? 

I did !

The irony of the situation then and now, is,  if Ukraine had opted to retain the weapons they had, 1. most of the capability of them was removed by the Russians after Independence and 2. they would have received heavy sanctions from the West, who would not have allowed another state, especially there, to have them.

G7 meeting later today.

Reports say that sanctions will block ALL Russian banks from ALL world trade.

And that Europe will take the pain and cut off the gas and oil lines from Russia, perhaps permanently.

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'd personally like to do everything to avoid nuclear holocaust and see my daughter grow up.

She's too young to have ever gone to a Hearts game and doesn't seem right that she hasn't yet been subjected to the same misery and frustration that I've been through.

39 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You can imagine Putin and co pissing themselves laughing at the Western response. 

What’s next? Relegate Chelsea to the Championship? 

Have Hibs got any Russian links?

1 minute ago, Cade said:

G7 meeting later today.

And that Europe will take the pain and cut off the gas and oil lines from Russia, perhaps permanently.

That doesn't mention if he does go full Tonto, he could block access to the Northern part of the Black Sea.

He does that and the whole gaff will suffer. It's not called the bread basket for nothing.

maroonlegions

And there he is. The old commie holding the Tory government to account from the Russian money flowing into London and the Tory party.

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

I'd personally like to do everything to avoid nuclear holocaust and see my daughter grow up.

She's too young to have ever gone to a Hearts game and doesn't seem right that she * hasn't yet been subjected to the same misery and frustration that I've been through.

* :D You're a bad father. 

On this Ukraine/Russia war. We're gonnae have to stop him there, before he sweeps thro the Baltics, then Poland and the rest of eastern Europe. It's now a snowball rolling down a hill and we need to unleash hell to melt the *****.

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There's talk of Belarus merging with Russia. Maybe that's the plan for Ukraine. 

Won't be a huge diff. Putin say Belarus do

Is it not the case the last 60-70 years have been unusual, as there hasn't been widespread conflicts across Europe?

Isn't this just a return to the norm, that every generation pre-1945 has had to live though?

WorldChampions1902
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Have Hibs got any Russian links?

They have a very long history of Russian to the exits. Usually after the third goal goes in.

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

That doesn't mention if he does go full Tonto, he could block access to the Northern part of the Black Sea.

He does that and the whole gaff will suffer. It's not called the bread basket for nothing.

Ukraine has already asked Turkey to block the Bosphorus to all shipping to prevent Russian ships entering or leaving

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Is it not the case the last 60-70 years have been unusual, as there hasn't been widespread conflicts across Europe?

Isn't this just a return to the norm, that every generation pre-1945 has had to live though?

Big game changer is the amount of nuclear weapons Russian and the west have. 

1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

They have a very long history of Russian to the exits. Usually after the third goal goes in.

That'll do, tenuous maybe but close enough. Hibs oot!!

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Wonder if the Chinese might finally feel empowered to invade Taiwan now?

Their spokesman on the news the other night said they would pursue peaceful means but use force if needed.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

G7 meeting later today.

That would be ideal, but they'll just syphon it via other countries, but over time they'll struggle.

They also need to shift the dodgy Russians out of London/UK, seize the property, the bank accounts and remove all visa access.

Putin has murdered on British soil and got away Scot free, I just hope we cut their lifeline internationally.  Then it's on to China.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I see Wee Nippy that can't bring herself to give up her emergency coivd powers is calling Putin an autocrat. Oh the irony

Wow, are you 5 years old? It's the only possible explanation for your moronic posts. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

* :D You're a bad father. 

On this Ukraine/Russia war. We're gonnae have to stop him there, before he sweeps thro the Baltics, then Poland and the rest of eastern Europe. It's now a snowball rolling down a hill and we need to unleash hell to melt the *****.

In the bad books anyway after saying no to snacks on way to nursery this morning

But Seriously (as Phil Collins once said) Putin needs stopped but there has to be another way and he's surely not suicidal to attack a NATO country but then who knows with this scumbag.

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

G7 meeting later today.

Yep, throw them out of SWIFT and no-one can trade with them, or trade legally. That stops all payments getting in or out of Russia.

Plans have been worked on for weeks, so this isn't a surprise.

Will they have stomach to sanction the Russian oligarchy though who are based outside of Russia and live elsewhere.

Throw out Abramovic, the other Russian billionaires who live in London, Paris and wherever else.

No-one who is Russian has made their money without Putin's agreement therefore they are all fair targets, imo.

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Ukraine has already asked Turkey to block the Bosphorus to all shipping to prevent Russian ships entering or leaving

Can't see Erdogan agreeing to that. 

And Putin knows it !

joondalupjambo

Sleepy Joe awake now and getting briefed.  Sure he will have all the answers.  The world waits for his response.  

fear that we are going to be in a words and grand speech mode from everyone for a while, at least until any serious sanctions kick in.  By that time of course Russia will most likely have met it's short term goals of pulling the disputed Ukrainian territories back into it's arms and scaring the living day lights out of the population of Europe. 

We cannot widen this Russian act into a wider war in any shape or form, to do so would be madness.

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

In the bad books anyway after saying no to snacks on way to nursery this morning

But Seriously (as Phil Collins once said) Putin needs stopped but there has to be another way and he's surely not suicidal to attack a NATO country but then who knows with this scumbag.

He looks gone. Maybe a coup is the only hope 

25 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

If this does turn into a prolonged ground offensive, my worry is that from a parents point of view is that there could be some kind of call up or national service back door call up. My lad is 18teen..  

I wouldn’t be exempt from a national service call up. **** that. 

Better dying for something than for nothing. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

We'll all go if needed, 🙏 Hopefully it doesn't get that far.

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Wow, are you 5 years old? It's the only possible explanation for your moronic posts. 

All his posts have contributed nothing to this thread. Just constant nonsense looking for bites. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine