Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

At least they rule the waves.

I've read the 'Senior Service' isn't in much better shape.

The reality, which will be exposed by all this, is that Britain is not the global power it once was or indeed thinks it is.

Putin and his people aren't stupid. They funded the Brexit campaign knowing that it would fracture the strength of Europe and they found willing patsies in the likes of Johnson, who is in hock to them up to the eyeballs.

It's been a long term political chess game and the Russians are masters at that stuff.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The reality, which will be exposed by all this, is that Britain is not the global power it once was or indeed thinks it is.

Putin and his people aren't stupid. They funded the Brexit campaign knowing that it would fracture the strength of Europe and they found willing patsies in the likes of Johnson, who is in hock to them up to the eyeballs.

It's been a long term political chess game and the Russians are masters at that stuff.

Fair comment.

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If Britain is so weak how has Brexit "fractured" the strength of Europe?  Having said that, I think you may be right however overplayed 

Footballfirst

It will be interesting to see what UEFA does now about Russian football clubs. Real Betis is due to play Zenit St Petersburg this evening.

All sporting organisations should ban Russian participation in all international competitions until further notice.

Edited by Footballfirst

il Duce McTarkin
18 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

He's been playing divide and conquer in the US too with his boy Trump.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Putin isn't half going to town to create a distraction for Boris. 

Vlad’s the man.

2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

So Putin has said he will nuke us all if we intervene. 

Call the ****ers bluff 

I'd rather not call the bluff of a mad man.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Russian troll farm hasn't clocked on yet I see.

Russia needs to be treated as a pariah nation by the world. All diplomatic ties cut off and zero trade. No oligarchs salting their wealth elsewhere, including Putin. Asset seizures if necessary. The guy is a fecking megalomaniac.

This will be a step too far though. Another Afghanistan beckons for Russia. At least this time, the West won't be arming the future Al-Qaeda.

7 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

So Putin has said he will nuke us all if we intervene. 

Call the ****ers bluff 

You're meant to have a decent hand yourself when you call a bluff

5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'd rather not call the bluff of a mad man.

Exactly. No one will win any war in Europe. Even one atomic bomb would have catastrophic effects in the area never mind thousands. Only answer is to try diplomacy. im afraid as any military action from the West would doom us all. Its simple as that. Its all very depressing really. So maybe the last two years of our lives fighting a shitty version, having a crap time, restrictions galore ..was the last 2 years of our lives. ?  .is that it ? depressed.com.  

Dennis Denuto

I am confused by this, I thought the threat of mutual destruction and nuclear weapons were meant to prevent wars starting. It seems they only prevent one side from entering them. 

What a waste........

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You're meant to have a decent hand yourself when you call a bluff

I think NATO forces could take care of Russia.  Besides he won’t do shit when it comes to nukes 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This is a huge test of the west. It’s fine talking tough but what are they actually going to do? Let’s be honest, when Russia shot down that air liner, no-one did anything 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The only faint hope is someone from within Russia will take Putin out. His bullying tactics have his people scared though but you have to hope.

41 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yip.

Look at the last American president and our current PM.

Up to their tits in it. Don't think old Joe has the baws for a fight, and there you go !

Perfect timing for them. 

At least the West has tried to crank up the media to maybe rouse more into action. Was always going to be sanctions though...and Vlad kens it !

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Yip.

Look at the last American president and our current PM.

Up to their tits in it. Don't think old Joe has the baws for a fight, and there you go !

Perfect timing for them. 

At least the West has tried to crank up the media to maybe rouse more into action. Was always going to be sanctions though...and Vlad kens it !

If it’s not going to be feet on the ground then the west have to cripple Russia financially. Ban transactions with Russian bank, forbid all trade 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If it’s not going to be feet on the ground then the west have to cripple Russia financially. Ban transactions with Russian bank, forbid all trade 

Next, they turn off the gas supply, what then?

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Baltics and Poland have invoked Article 4 of NATO, highlighted a perceived threat to their borders and meaning that NATO needs to work together. While this was probably happening anyway, it is a good message to tell that sexually repressed twat in Moscow that shit will get very real.

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

While this was probably happening anyway, it is a good message to tell that sexually repressed twat in Moscow that shit will get very real.

My father in law has been telling me for years that that Putin is a closet homosexual.

The Mighty Thor
35 minutes ago, graygo said:

If Britain is so weak how has Brexit "fractured" the strength of Europe?  Having said that, I think you may be right however overplayed 

Brexit fractured the bloc. Whether it did in reality is irrelevant, it signalled weakness and division. It signalled a group of nations not speaking with one voice. 

Putin saw this. Pumped money into the process and the individuals and got the result he wanted. In fact he probably never expected to get what he got from Johnson for a relatively meagre investment. 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

They impoverish themselves.

Nobody benefits from this economically in the long term, least of all Russia.

Short term he's driven up the price of oil and gas, which are his main (only) exports.

Footballfirst
20 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I would would place a temporary freeze on all assets of Russian passport holders in the UK (regardless of them also holding UK passports), then let them prove that they were acquired by legitimate means. If not, take them into Treasury ownership.

Edited by Footballfirst

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

My father in law has been telling me for years that that Putin is a closet homosexual.

:oohmatron:

15 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

image-23-10-21-07-07-6.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Great stuff, Putin. Just as the world is recovering from Covid and trying to get back to normal, you chuck a war into the mix. Prick.

I suppose what doesnt kill ya makes you stronger... :) 

49 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Putin isn't half going to town to create a distraction for Boris. 

Boris does throw a hell of a party.

As Ukraine isn't a member of NATO there will be no boots on the ground but there has to be meaningful sanctions. Has the tory party the guts to hit their donors where it hurts though? 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Absolutely reeking of it. 

James Cleverly was on LBC this morning gas lighting for all his worth that the Tories do 'due diligence' on any funds they receive. 

He must think we all button up the back.

Reportedly missiles fired from the south-west in the de-facto state Transnistria where many Russian troops are stationed.

Be very interesting to see if there's any advances from the North at the Belarussian border as it is now the only angle they've not struck from. Many fleeing Kiev would suggest they're expecting it.

30 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

A homosexual? Oh no, that's us in serious bother now.

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Never mind Scotlands tie with Ukraine. Will this still be going ahead? 

Sure I read the other day that Ukraine have withdrawn.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

This is appalling. To be honest sanctions and talk of UEFA is nonsense now. The international community cannot sit and do nothing. 

It's a war that's nothing to do with us.

10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

As Ukraine isn't a member of NATO there will be no boots on the ground but there has to be meaningful sanctions. Has the tory party the guts to hit their donors where it hurts though? 

I don't know a lot about the politics of all this, but Ukraine want to join NATO so would that be enough for NATO to get involved directly?

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Herbert said:

It's a war that's nothing to do with us.

History teaches us it starts out this way but soon changes. Shocking state of affairs

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine