Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

3 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Why is that a facepalm.

Got something to say?

Yes its basically a slur., Simple as that. Insulting. Its making an inference that hes off his tree and that his sexuality may be of relevance to it.  Its a " weakness"   Why make any reference to his perceived sexuality? What has that got to do with the situation? 

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, graygo said:

A homosexual? Oh no, that's us in serious bother now.

Well aye, we are is serious bother.

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

History teaches us it starts out this way but soon changes. Shocking state of affairs

If russia got involved when we invaded Iraq or Afghanistan what would your thoughts be then? 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes its basically a slur., Simple as that. Insulting. Its making an inference that hes off his tree and that his sexuality may be of relevance to it.  Its a " weakness"   Why make any reference to his perceived sexuality? What has that got to do with the situation? 

It may well be a weakness if he hides his sexuality

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Herbert said:

If russia got involved when we invaded Iraq or Afghanistan what would your thoughts be then? 

An odd question My, but my thoughts are all war can and should be avoided. There should be no excuse for it . Clearly humanity isn't as evolved as I thought it was. 

7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

It's a war that's nothing to do with us.

In my opinion that’s simply not true. Never in a million years did I think Russia would go this far but other Baltic states could be at risk here. We can’t stand by and watch Ukrainians get slaughtered. 

Edited by Des Lynam

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Stop being offended you clown.

Geoff Kilpatrick cited Putin as sexually repressed. Russia is not a great place for homosexuals. If he were one, which his overt alpha male, matcho, over-compensation has led my father in law to suspect, then he may well be sexually repressed.

So no, it's not a slur, and it is relevant in the context of the post that I quoted.

Now toddle off, champ.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

NO one knows what his sexuality is. But its been a common slur used to demean a person . To make them  seem a lesser person.  To invalidate them.  

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, JamesM48 said:

NO one knows what his sexuality is. But its been a common slur used to demean a person . To make them  seem a lesser person.  To invalidate them.  

You're paranoid. 😄

1 minute ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Stop being offended you clown.

Geoff Kilpatrick cited Putin as sexually repressed. Russia is not a great place for homosexuals. If he were one, which his overt alpha male, matcho, over-compensation has led my father in law to suspect, then he may well be sexually repressed.

So no, it's not a slur, and it is relevant in the context of the post that I quoted.

Now toddle off, champ.

You cant just stop being offended because someone has been offensive. You have been by your comment. And stuff your cod psychology about him over compensating  with his macho exterior. Pathetic really. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

This is semi true..

While I'm leaning on the side of NATO curve balling him and going straight in..

The west has ****ed it, Kosovo was a non existing country which NATO came (rightly) to save from persecution and formed thereafter. Rebels in Syria, Libya all supported. But we have something to say when someone else (Russia) supports rebels in Ukraine and supports their regions being new nations on the arguement of them being persecuted.

The west through there own actions of intervention over the years, given Putin a ready made excuse and arguement of what he's doing is A-OK

2 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

You're paranoid. 😄

No I'm vigilant when people make slurs like you have. Not paranoid. Anyway i don't want to derail the thread. 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

In my opinion that’s simply not true. Never in a million years did I think Russia would go this far but other Baltic states could be at risk here. We can’t stand by and watch Ukrainians get slaughtered. 

The 'experts' nearly all said Russia would not invade. 

It's a shock. Unless everyone just does clever sounding things ('3 banks') that don't mean anything Russian people will suffer from this badly. 

I doubt many Russians support this. Ukraine is seen as a close neighbour.

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, JamesM48 said:

You cant just stop being offended because someone has been offensive. You have been by your comment. And stuff your cod psychology about him over compensating  with his macho exterior. Pathetic really. 

My father in laws psychology, actually. I thought that was clear from the bit where I said 'my father in law'. 

I'm sort of newish around here, but you certainly are an early front-runner for  village drama queen.

Every thread. 😄

Could NATO not conduct military exercises, etc - everything Russia as just done. In Finland, Poland Estonia, Georgia, Alaska etc... Thereby meaning if Russia continues to push forward and invade.. they are leaving themselves very exposed 

2 minutes ago, hearts151 said:

This is semi true..

While I'm leaning on the side of NATO curve balling him and going straight in..

The west has ****ed it, Kosovo was a non existing country which NATO came (rightly) to save from persecution and formed thereafter. Rebels in Syria, Libya all supported. But we have something to say when someone else (Russia) supports rebels in Ukraine and supports their regions being new nations on the arguement of them being persecuted.

The west through there own actions of intervention over the years, given Putin a ready made excuse and arguement of what he's doing is A-OK

We don't hear that so much since Corbyn left.

Putin's arguments about NATO expansion have some basis but his arguments this week are completely spurious. Lies basically.

And you don't need to support NATO etc to want to stop this sort of thing.

You could equally justify a lot of what Germany under Hitler did in the 1930s on the same grounds. 

I read a good artclle earlier and it wa

My father in laws psychology, actually. I thought that was clear from the bit where I said 'my father in law'. 

I'm sort of newish around here, but you certainly are an early front-runner for  village drama queen.

Every thread. 😄

Yeah maybe check the rules and guidelines then since your  " new " around here. Unfortunately your attitudes aren't new. 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No I'm vigilant when people make slurs like you have. Not paranoid. Anyway i don't want to derail the thread. 

I understand your point James but I think it was meant in the sense that maybe Putin has to keep showing how much of a macho macho man he is. 

Or maybe Dirk’s father in law is trying to come out himself? :whistling: 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You're right to have posted, James.

No need for any of that shite on a thread like this...or any thread for that matter.

Let's get back on track, folks, eh !

Edited by Boab

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The 'experts' nearly all said Russia would not invade. 

It's a shock. Unless everyone just does clever sounding things ('3 banks') that don't mean anything Russian people will suffer from this badly. 

I doubt many Russians support this. Ukraine is seen as a close neighbour.

I was slavering on here that I didn’t think they would invade and it really is a shock. There will be a mix of Russians that will buy into the news reports and nationalism can corrupt minds. The west is going to look so weak if they allow him to topple Kyiv. 

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I read a good artclle earlier and it wa

Yeah maybe check the rules and guidelines then since your  " new " around here. Unfortunately your attitudes aren't new. 

:wtfvlad:

Is this how it works?

6 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

An odd question My, but my thoughts are all war can and should be avoided. There should be no excuse for it . Clearly humanity isn't as evolved as I thought it was. 

No it's not really an odd question, We invaded Iraq under false pretenses that ultimately led to destabilising the whole of the Middle East and the rise of ISIS. We should let Russia and the Ukraine to get on with it, We're not the world police and we can hardly afford a war with a superpower anyway.

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I didn’t read it as the “homosexual” is the slur, but the fact that he is closeted. 

Like it or not, being gay in Russia would definitely been seen as a weakness.

7 minutes ago, hearts151 said:

Could NATO not conduct military exercises, etc - everything Russia as just done. In Finland, Poland Estonia, Georgia, Alaska etc... Thereby meaning if Russia continues to push forward and invade.. they are leaving themselves very exposed 

What is NATO going to invade from Alaska? More wilderness.

22 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Well aye, we are is serious bother.

Yes but him being (or not) a homosexual has got bugger all to do with it, a ridiculous comment.

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

I didn’t read it as the “homosexual” is the slur, but the fact that he is closeted. 

Like it or not, being gay in Russia would definitely been seen as a weakness.

I thought that was obvious tbh.  🤷‍♂️

il Duce McTarkin

Yes but him being (or not) a homosexual has got bugger all to do with it, a ridiculous comment.

It might have something to do with him being sexually repressed in a position of power in Russia though, which is the bit in Geoff's post that I was responding to.

A few other folk seem to have grasped that point, however spurious it may actually be.

A closet homosexual actually which is far worse, so my father in law tells me. 😳😂

It might have something to do with him being sexually repressed in a position of power in Russia though, which is the bit in Geoff's post that I was responding to.

A few other folk seem to have grasped that point, however spurious it may actually be.

Yes, I've been known to struggle with spurious points before. I'll try harder in future.

The Real Maroonblood

Fwiw I understood what you meant.

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I understand your point James but I think it was meant in the sense that maybe Putin has to keep showing how much of a macho macho man he is. 

👍

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

You're right to have posted, James.

No need for any of that shite on a thread like this...or any thread for that matter.

Let's get back on track, folks, eh !

👍👍 Cheers 

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

No it's not really an odd question, We invaded Iraq under false pretenses that ultimately led to destabilising the whole of the Middle East and the rise of ISIS. We should let Russia and the Ukraine to get on with it, We're not the world police and we can hardly afford a war with a superpower anyway.

Yes I agree . Realistic fact is we can’t afford a war with a super power as there would be no winner . Total obliteration 

8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

What is NATO going to invade from Alaska? More wilderness.

Alaska could certainly be a strategic point to have military stationed if China and North Korea get involved. Otherwise, approaching from that angle will just be met with bears and babushka's. There's **** all there. :lol: 

il Duce McTarkin
15 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Quite possibly. :D

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

👍👍👍

32 minutes ago, Locky said:

I don't know a lot about the politics of all this, but Ukraine want to join NATO so would that be enough for NATO to get involved directly?

It's an East/West thing in Ukraine though, hence the recent trouble there.

70% support in Western Ukraine to join NATO but less than half in the Eastern parts.

The Russians haven't dived into a part of Ukraine that wants them out.

Simplistic I know but Eastern Ukraine will be where it kicks off. The Russians won't go too far West in my humble opinion.

1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

My father in law has been telling me for years that that Putin is a closet homosexual.

Surely, no sane female would yield to that ugly critter...face of a dog, needs neutered, asap!

Edited by OBE

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yes, I've been known to struggle with spurious points before. I'll try harder in future.

A common failing :lol: 👍

It really wasn't meant as a slur, and its unfortunate that people seem determined to read it that way.

If anything its a commentary on the horrendous attitudes to homosexuality (amongst myriad other things), that remain widespread in Russia.

17 minutes ago, Herbert said:

It's not quite like Iraq. Its true there was a possibility of invading Iran from there. 

But in this case what we are going to get is a new hostile Ukraine government. Puppet state. Underming EU in particular which Ukraine was much closer to joining than NATO. 

So NATO is going to have send major forces to Poland (on border) as well as Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia which are next on Putin's list. 

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

70% support in Western Ukraine to join NATO but less than half in the Eastern parts.

Simplistic I know but Eastern Ukraine will be where it kicks off. The Russians won't go too far West in my humble opinion.

The Russians have invaded Ukraine and its expected they will depose the current Government.

They haven't just gone into the 'breakaway' regions where they've been anyway since 2014.

Edited by Mikey1874

Can we have another thread to discuss Puten's sexuality please?

Now, can we get back to the small matter of discussing the possible outbreak of world war ****ing 3?

24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe a change of thread title is overdue. 

Although I see some still see Boris and the Tories as the enemy.

Agree . Mods title change please 

The White Cockade

It’s not the best time to have that buffoon Johnson as PM

Sad times 

If West does nothing Putin will likely take back the former Soviet states one by one 

If West get’s involved militarily it could be WW3 and doomsday 

As I said sad times

16 minutes ago, Dazo said:

A closet homosexual actually which is far worse, so my father in law tells me. 😳😂

😂😂 he’s got. A lot to learn 😂

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

I know my outlook on it may be overly simplistic too, but surely the people should be given an opportunity to speak here? If the people in the East want independence or to become part of Russia, let them have a vote. What right do Russia have to invade the land and claim it as theirs?

This is indeed very serious shit, possibly the greatest in my life time and i'm in my early 60's, I was too young to remember the Cuban missile crisis.

But I think we all have to start considering that this thing is in a very unpredictable state indeed. In a situation like this any for the want of better words misunderstanding or mistake or whatever can escalate it right out of control.

And as from now we're dealing with a man who just made veiled threats about being willing to go nuclear. That's extremely disturbing all alone.

Edited by JFK-1

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine