Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Amazing how easily that sticks to the west eh. This war is nowt to do with us. We should have learned from the last 20Years that we shouldn't go meddling in things that don't threaten us.

It threatens several of my friends, so take a hike Mr "Look the other way".

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Amazing how easily that sticks to the west eh. This war is nowt to do with us. We should have learned from the last 20Years that we shouldn't go meddling in things that don't threaten us.

I'd like to think this has nothing to do with us

In a similar way to how my grandparents probably thought Germany moving into Austria in 1938 had nothing to do with them.

Jambo_jim2001
28 minutes ago, Herbert said:

That was paid for. They have enough nothing anyway.

What's the plural of moose? Any way plenty of them.oh! Oil and gas too! Also plenty peat🧐

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think it will be the price that we pay for cutting off ties with anything that provides Russians with wealth.

Most people, I think, would accept it as long as there is transparency over any profiteering and the government help people with increasing energy costs. We don’t want to have energy companies taking advantage.
Better weather coming in a couple of months might give a window to reset supply chains. 

Since when did this current government have any concept of "transparency" over anything and since when did they help common people??

NIC contributions increase  ect...???

Not a chance of hell freezing over that this current bunch of Russian taking back handers will help or give one feck about anyone but themselves. You can bet yer last Russian "ruble" on that. 

7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

How does this not threaten us? I'm sure Chamberlain thought the same with Hitler.

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

In a similar way to how my grandparents probably thought Germany moving into Austria in 1938 had nothing to do with them.

:spoton:

6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

We are the US's main allies , so we will be expected to meddle. 

We're not a satellite state of America we can say no to them like we did with Vietnam and they did with the Falklands.

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

'Kin hell

Interesting solution to the body bag problem.

He might not fear the West but Putin has reason to fear the wrath of the mothers of dead soldiers.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If we discount a nuclear holocaust arising* from a concerted NATO/European "boots on the ground" approach, does anyone think there's an appetite for getting involved in what would become a European version of Syria ?  Ukraine will be abandoned, that's the sad fact. 

How many of us knew Ukraine had nuclear missiles until 1994 - when it surrendered them to the Russians ? 

Nuclear missiles you say

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How does this not threaten us? I'm sure Chamberlain thought the same with Hitler.

Russia aren't bothered about us. He wanted the Ukraine before they got into Nato and he's doing that. He won't go toe to toe with Europe and the U.S. If he manages to get a pro Russian leader installed in the Ukraine then there will be a ceasefire and a return to normality.

Jambo_jim2001
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

My granda left Germany before ww2 kicked off,but always said after it the USA,UK etc. Should have not stopped and went right into russia,he was pretty sharp with politics and seen the way it's was going...I believe Churchill wanted to go into Russia too?

Just now, Herbert said:

Russia aren't bothered about us. He wanted the Ukraine before they got into Nato and he's doing that. He won't go toe to toe with Europe and the U.S. If he manages to get a pro Russian leader installed in the Ukraine then there will be a ceasefire and a return to normality.

It's not a return to normality if there's no longer a free and open democracy in Ukraine. 

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I would rather it threaten your friends in the Ukraine than my family here in the U.K.

1 minute ago, dtgj said:

It's not a return to normality if there's no longer a free and open democracy in Ukraine. 

We don't even have that here 🤣

We are faced with the option of electing a incompetent idiot that's happy to take backhanderd and produce lie after lie or the same with a different coloured tie.

1 minute ago, dtgj said:

This. Normality my arse. An entire nation of over 40 million people living under a hostile occupying force more like. Yet folk like Herbert dismiss it like it's nothing, showing an utter lack of empathy in doing so. Just because it's happening to someone else...

4 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

My granda left Germany before ww2 kicked off,but always said after it the USA,UK etc. Should have not stopped and went right into russia,he was pretty sharp with politics and seen the way it's was going...I believe Churchill wanted to go into Russia too?

The Germans wanted to turn around and go east along with the Western allies but we rejected it.

Fitzroy Pointon
4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I would rather it threaten your friends in the Ukraine than my family here in the U.K.

Was there any need to say that? 

What an absolute dick.

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Was there any need to say that? 

Okay let's goto war with Russia. If nukes fly Edinburgh's got one with its name on it. You happy to see your family obliterated?

Lord Montpelier
7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Zero out of ten for that comment. 

1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

What an absolute dick.

Sorry that I would rather people I know weren't turned into shadows on the ground.

Jambo_jim2001

Looking at some of the stuff coming out of Ukraine ATM, I doubt Russia wants the full of Ukraine,just the donetsk regions, Kiev's main infrastructure seems to be in the main left intact,mobile signals, electricity etc..hope I'm right😳

Just now, Herbert said:

Sorry that I would rather people I know weren't turned into shadows on the ground.

Yes just for people you know. Sod everyone else. Selfish prick.

16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

With the greatest respect, Red, I don't think there have been any posts championing Putin. 

There has been some incredible hypocrisy from our politicians, which is to be expected, but most posts I've seen from posters who haven't been full on nuke Russia..🤷‍♂️... have made some decent points about how this play out.
I've tried in my posts to mention the very real tragedy in human terms that will result from this but still feel free to point out the facts as I see it.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Okay let's goto war with Russia. If nukes fly Edinburgh's got one with its name on it. You happy to see your family obliterated?

There's a difference between showing any sort of concern or empathy for the Ukrainians, which you blatantly don't, and wanting an all-out nuclear war with Russia.

Sorry to say it, but there's a good chance if you had lived in an Axis-occupied country during WW2 you would have been an appeaser/collaborator just so you could protect yourself.

Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

Yes just for people you know. Sod everyone else. Selfish prick.

Would you be saying this if we went to war and a few bear bombers came over and took out parts of your town. Maybe your family and friends will be under the rubble. If this turned into a war it will hit people here. The Ukraine is better prepared to defend its self than we are.

Fitzroy Pointon

Obviously not. I just think some things are better unsaid. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Looking at some of the stuff coming out of Ukraine ATM, I doubt Russia wants the full of Ukraine,just the donetsk regions, Kiev's main infrastructure seems to be in the main left intact,mobile signals, electricity etc..hope I'm right😳

I think, going by what I can glean from what Putin's saying...if you believe it...that you're probably right.

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I live pretty near Faslane, Edinburgh won't be in the top 10 list.

5 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Very hard to tell just yet.

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Obviously not. I just think some things are better unsaid. 

So you agree with what I'm saying but I'm wrong for saying it?

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

With the greatest respect, Red, I don't think there have been any posts championing Putin. 

There has been some incredible hypocrisy from our politicians, which is to be expected, but most posts I've seen from posters who haven't been full on nuke Russia..🤷‍♂️... have made some decent points about how this play out.
I've tried in my posts to mention the very real tragedy in human terms that will result from this but still feel free to point out the facts as I see it.

There *have* been posts supporting Russia's attitude towards the Ukraine. Mostly from those who just couldn't give a shit about a country that's distant from us, but also some from at least one poster who is pro-Russian regime.

Fitzroy Pointon
Just now, Herbert said:

So you agree with what I'm saying but I'm wrong for saying it?

You know what I mean. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I live pretty near Faslane, Edinburgh won't be in the top 10 list.

There's a few thousand soldiers based around Edinburgh that would be a huge loss for us, Nukes wouldn't be on ration with them anyway with them having over 6k of them

Jambo_jim2001
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Very hard to tell just yet.

What's got done there by the looks of it was to blind the military infrastructure,number 1 on the list,

2 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I hope he's just going to do the same there as Crimea

You mean absorb it into Russia?

dobmisterdobster
7 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Yeah they didn't take Tblisi and they won't take Kyiv. Could be proven wrong mind.

Just now, Herbert said:

There's a few thousand soldiers based around Edinburgh that would be a huge loss for us, Nukes wouldn't be on ration with them anyway with them having over 6k of them

War heads. I don't think they have the capacity to launch the lot at one time, even if they have 6000 rockets.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There's a difference between showing any sort of concern or empathy for the Ukrainians, which you blatantly don't, and wanting an all-out nuclear war with Russia.

Sorry to say it, but there's a good chance if you had lived in an Axis-occupied country during WW2 you would have been an appeaser/collaborator just so you could protect yourself.

Empathy and concern isn't going to help them and I was being sarcastic about letting nukes fly. 

There's a vast difference between not wanting to get into a fight with Russia and wanting them to win.

SectionDJambo
23 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Since when did this current government have any concept of "transparency" over anything and since when did they help common people??

NIC contributions increase  ect...???

Not a chance of hell freezing over that this current bunch of Russian taking back handers will help or give one feck about anyone but themselves. You can bet yer last Russian "ruble" on that. 

I’m as sceptical as you. What I said was that for people to accept an increase in our cost of living due to this Russian aggression, we need to know for sure that no company is benefiting from this outrage.

That is going to be a big challenge for our current government who tell so many lies that many people are not going to be easily convinced that someone isn’t profiteering whilst others are worse off.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

:D No. But yes, yes he is.

He's the present day Mussolini, when Russia are smashed into their box, he'll say "A didnae say that, honest!"

Jambo_jim2001
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

You mean absorb it into Russia?

Correct, majority of that region as far as I'm aware are russian more than Ukrainian,that whole region is lots of little pocket states,, similar to the former Yugoslavia

1 minute ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Correct, majority of that region as far as I'm aware are russian more than Ukrainian,that whole region is lots of little pocket states,, similar to the former Yugoslavia

Why don't they move to Russia then. Edinburgh is full of English, we won't be giving her to England.

Edited by ri Alban

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine