Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ukraine isn't part of NATO, so why are NATO countries getting involved? Looking at it from Russia's perspective, no wonder they want a buffer zone.

In what way is NATO involved in Ukraine ? 

PS You do realise Putin said this week, effectively, Ukraine has no right to exist as a country ? 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@DMinghella

·

54m

Johnson tells

@CarolineLucas

he's seen no evidence of 'successful' Russian intervention in 'any electoral event'. That leaves open the possibility that he HAS seen evidence of successful intervention in non-electoral events (eg a referendum, in which nobody is elected)

Johnson knows Russian money bought the brexit referendum and he knows the public knows it. 

SuperstarSteve

America are bombing Yemen left right and centre and nobody gives a **** that innocent baby’s are being killed. All eyes should be on USA not a civil war that’s been ongoing for years now. 

2 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

The West was never going to intervene when the tanks rolled into to the break away regions. Putin new this as no one intervened when he went into Crimea.

The big question is will the West step in if he goes into Ukraine?

My suspicious mind thinks his plan all along was to take control of the break away regions and not push any further.

He can cope with a few sanctions which will be reversed in the future. 

As for the U.K. sanctions :rofl: No way they were going to stop easy money filtering through and skimmed of into their pockets. 

I'd say you are probably 100% correct, as the more I learn about this the more it's becoming clear that the Russians have been planning this move for the last 8 years.  They have been putting away vast sums of money in a so called 'rainy day fund', for when sanctions kicked in, meaning they knew sanctions were going to come and prepared for it, all this crisis has been 8 years in the planning & all along Russia has quietly been preparing for it.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

America are bombing Yemen left right and centre and nobody gives a **** that innocent baby’s are being killed. All eyes should be on USA not a civil war that’s been ongoing for years now. 

Sadly It appears to be a forgotten war.

47 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It looks very intense . She must be 😂now she has got Covid under control the world is her oyster 🦪  ps name the film 

B0A0A2F1-9B46-43E3-A0F1-5F65D9EF4A6D.jpeg

Say hello to my little friend

dobmisterdobster
14 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

The Saudi's are attacking Yemen because the Iranian backed Houthi militia overthrew the Yemeni government and now poses a threat to the safety of neighbouring countries.

SuperstarSteve
Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

The Saudi's are attacking Yemen because the Iranian backed Houthi militia overthrew the Yemeni government and now poses a threat to the safety of neighbouring countries.

America are involved in bombing innocent kids in Yemen for no reason other than money. I’m no sure why that seems to be ok and all eyes have to be on Russia is all.

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sadly It appears to be a forgotten war.

Not forgotten by the UK government my good man!

They're supplying the Saudi regime with lots of hardware and weaponry.

:profit:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Not forgotten by the UK government my good man!

They're supplying the Saudi regime with lots of hardware and weaponry.

:profit:

So that’s why it’s kept quiet.

I’m shocked.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

America are involved in bombing innocent kids in Yemen for no reason other than money. I’m no sure why that seems to be ok and all eyes have to be on Russia is all.

If you feel so strongly about US involvement in Yemen, start a thread on it. 

If you feel so strongly about US targeting innocent Yemeni babies, then start a thread on it.

This one, unless I'm mistaken, is about Ukraine.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

It looks very intense . She must be 😂now she has got Covid under control the world is her oyster 🦪  ps name the film 

B0A0A2F1-9B46-43E3-A0F1-5F65D9EF4A6D.jpeg

?

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

So that’s why it’s kept quiet.

I’m shocked.

One would have to wonder what you'd find if you followed the trail of money back to donations to political parties? 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If you feel so strongly about US involvement in Yemen, start a thread on it. 

If you feel so strongly about US targeting innocent Yemeni babies, then start a thread on it.

This one, unless I'm mistaken, is about Ukraine.

I'm surprised you didn't have a go at the unionists bringing the Indy talk into this thread.

The Real Maroonblood

One would have to wonder what you'd find if you followed the trail of money back to donations to political parties? 

That would be interesting. 

manaliveits105
19 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Is that like Nicky's  Mouthi Militia on here ?

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I'm surprised you didn't have a go at the unionists bringing the Indy talk into this thread.

Nope, not biting. It's a Ukraine thread and I await with interest, the next move made by Ukraine. They have told their citizens to get out if Russia, but not sure what they will do with these 2 regions.

The stopping of monies into and out of Russia would be next move, but the Oligarchs aren't stupid, they will have other routes to divert their money where they need it. All that will happen is normal Russian citizens will suffer and they can't do much about Putin. He would crush any rebellion, unless military supported it.

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Is that like Nicky's  Mouthi Militia on here ?

Any more of your check and Nicola will have you across her knee :kirk:

11 minutes ago, Locky said:

Jeezo, some of you on here could start an argument on a thread about an empty room.

Who are you to say the room is empty when my ignorance is taking up most of it?

😂

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nope, not biting. It's a Ukraine thread and I await with interest, the next move made by Ukraine. They have told their citizens to get out if Russia, but not sure what they will do with these 2 regions.

The stopping of monies into and out of Russia would be next move, but the Oligarchs aren't stupid, they will have other routes to divert their money where they need it. All that will happen is normal Russian citizens will suffer and they can't do much about Putin. He would crush any rebellion, unless military supported it.

I'm not wanting you to bite.

Just pointing out earlier in thread Indy was mentioned and that you obviously missed it. 

I agree that the thread is about the Ukraine. 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

In what way is NATO involved in Ukraine ? 

PS You do realise Putin said this week, effectively, Ukraine has no right to exist as a country ? 

NATO countries have been sending Ukraine weapons, U.S marines have been sent to Poland. Hundreds of fighters have been put on stand by. That's how NATO has been involved. Russia are mirroring what the west have been doing for years and were throwing toys out the pram.

22 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Who are you to say the room is empty when my ignorance is taking up most of it?

😂

Maybe should hold a referendum to see if that room should remain empty?

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The oligarchs have had 8 years to prepare for this, the report I seen on one of the news channels said the oligarchs & the Russian government/Putin haven't been sitting idly by, doing nothing for those 8 years.

Just heard Boris and Starmer declare that Russia has invaded a sovereign state and that we must stand up to Russia. They forgot to mention how British governments under Blair and Cameron invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and other sovereign states. Hypocrisy writ large. 

The hypocrisy of the Foreign Secretary referring to the democratically elected government of Putin as a regime while sitting in a Tory Gov mired in sleaze,corruption and electoral fraud, The UK Gov is a regime, The House of Lords with 900 unelected toadies confirms we have a regime

The Mighty Thor
26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wonder how many free LFTs each missile was worth? 💣

Depends which Tory donor was supplying them 🤔

Good ol' UK. World beating hypocrisy. 

Jeffros Furios
39 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Just heard Boris and Starmer declare that Russia has invaded a sovereign state and that we must stand up to Russia. They forgot to mention how British governments under Blair and Cameron invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and other sovereign states. Hypocrisy writ large. 

🇺🇦 🇺🇦 🇺🇦 GLORY TO UKRAINE 🇺🇦 🇺🇦 🇺🇦

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Gaaawd laaaav a faaackin daack :lol: 

This is going to get interesting. 

Does Benjy boy realise that the Russians have 3 times as many troops around the Ukraine than the UK has in total? 

The Junta have lost the plot. 

jack D and coke

Does Benjy boy realise that the Russians have 3 times as many troops around the Ukraine than the UK has in total? 

I just wonder where we find these people man. Good lord :lol: 

Paddy Crossan

Bony M should cash in here, just change a few words. Rasputin becomes Mr Putin etc. Keep the tune and change the lyrics a wee bit. But I'm not sure if anyone from Bony M is still with us though.

46 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Right up there with Russian invasions of Hungary, Czech, Moldova, Chechnya , Georgia etc, etc.

Keep up the good work, tovarich. 

🇷🇺:tank: 🇷🇺

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Britain being about the worst aye. 
The indy arguments have got amusing too from “I’m just as Scottish as you or anyone else!” to the now trotted out “what even is nationality it doesnae exist” 🤣🤣
Orkney and Shetland would have to go if they want they can have their own indy referendum that we’ll allow when it suits us not them. That’s how it works no? 
They’d also have hard borders in their sea and currency issues who’s going to protect them etc I mean what a minefield. 
Im fairly sure they don’t take all the waters around them I think it’s 12 miles from their coastline so they’d be more than welcome to re-connect with their Scandinavian brothers and sisters or rely on WM to look after them I guess. The borders are also the Scottish Borders with centuries old lines. If the people there want to be part of England they can move over the other side it’s really that simple. This annexing bolloks the union side trot out is nonsense. By this argument Scotland is broken into half a dozen regions aye? All hard borders and border checks aye?? Border checks getting in and out aberdeen? Where is the cut off too? Someone’s street who doesn’t want to be part of WM or indy Scotland? I just draw a line in my street? Mibbe my neighbour can stay in the union and I can leave? People can be independent on their own? Just all do what we want?

Cringe. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Okay, okay. 

Maybi you'ri just hungry.

Nyp down to Farmfoods and grab somi chyckin kyivs.

:D

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Just watching the actual clip on C4News now - he was with some army top brass , they all looked & sounded like a bunch of public schoolboys going on  a rather jolly  jape back in the days of empire.

Delusional. 

Malinga the Swinga
39 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

The hypocrisy of the Foreign Secretary referring to the democratically elected government of Putin as a regime while sitting in a Tory Gov mired in sleaze,corruption and electoral fraud, The UK Gov is a regime, The House of Lords with 900 unelected toadies confirms we have a regime

You have to carry on posting. Reading your pro Russia/Putin viewpoint is great, seeing as their propaganda is mostly banned these days. 

Don't know if your on a retainer for them, or your just stark raving mad, but whatever, it's makes me laugh. 

Strange name choice though as Libertarians don't normally support repressive regimes like Russia's, but hey, it's your life.

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You have to carry on posting. Reading your pro Russia/Putin viewpoint is great, seeing as their propaganda is mostly banned these days. 

Don't know if your on a retainer for them, or your just stark raving mad, but whatever, it's makes me laugh. 

Strange name choice though as Libertarians don't normally support repressive regimes like Russia's, but hey, it's your life.

A retainer sounds good. Could always do with a bit more dosh.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I hear Harry Flashman is being airdropped into Donetsk on a covert mission as we type. Spiffing.

Some Ukrainian filly is going to have a splendid weekend. 

Edited by Tazio

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine