Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Trump applauds Putin's move, calls him a genius and suggests America should do similar (presumably with Mexico/Cuba)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trump-praises-putins-genius-incursion-into-ukraine-234001858.html

"This is genius," he said of Putin's decision on Monday to officially recognize the breakaway provinces and authorize the use of Russian military personnel to assist them. "So Putin is now saying it’s independent — a large section of Ukraine. I said, how smart is that? And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace, all right."

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

Half a million Hungarians in Eastern Slovakia too. It dates back to the aftermath of WW1, when Hungary lost territory. There are thought to be up to 2-3 million Ethnic Hungarians in neighbouring countries, whose presence dates from then.

You are spot on about 'blurred' borders all around Eastern Europe, largely caused by historic border changes.

Lots of Ethnic Russians in the 3 Baltic States who date from Soviet times. With current tensions, they could become a problem.

What about Scotland ?

there are many who are ethnically Irish, or English .

And that’s before the shetlands considers its Scandinavian origins .

If the borders wanted to join England after Indy , would you let them go?

Just shows what a total farce race is , and nationality .

Used by the powerful for money.

highlandjambo3
50 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Trump applauds Putin's move, calls him a genius and suggests America should do similar (presumably with Mexico/Cuba)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trump-praises-putins-genius-incursion-into-ukraine-234001858.html

"This is genius," he said of Putin's decision on Monday to officially recognize the breakaway provinces and authorize the use of Russian military personnel to assist them. "So Putin is now saying it’s independent — a large section of Ukraine. I said, how smart is that? And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace, all right."

I did a UN peacekeepers tour in Bosnia back in the day when it all kicked off.  As well as the UK, there was a whole raft of other countries involved and, one stipulation was every UN vehicle had to be painted white…….including the Danish leopard 2 main battle tanks (see below)……..  must admit……still looked formidable when it was white.

4FB73D17-7314-408D-9543-45CF5278A981.jpeg

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

What about Scotland ?

Britain being about the worst aye. 
The indy arguments have got amusing too from “I’m just as Scottish as you or anyone else!” to the now trotted out “what even is nationality it doesnae exist” 🤣🤣
Orkney and Shetland would have to go if they want they can have their own indy referendum that we’ll allow when it suits us not them. That’s how it works no? 
They’d also have hard borders in their sea and currency issues who’s going to protect them etc I mean what a minefield. 
Im fairly sure they don’t take all the waters around them I think it’s 12 miles from their coastline so they’d be more than welcome to re-connect with their Scandinavian brothers and sisters or rely on WM to look after them I guess. The borders are also the Scottish Borders with centuries old lines. If the people there want to be part of England they can move over the other side it’s really that simple. This annexing bolloks the union side trot out is nonsense. By this argument Scotland is broken into half a dozen regions aye? All hard borders and border checks aye?? Border checks getting in and out aberdeen? Where is the cut off too? Someone’s street who doesn’t want to be part of WM or indy Scotland? I just draw a line in my street? Mibbe my neighbour can stay in the union and I can leave? People can be independent on their own? Just all do what we want?

15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Putin seems to be getting more and more erratic. Has to be a genuine worry that this lunatic is spoiling for a fight whilst sitting on 6000+ nuclear missiles. 

He actually said in public the other day that Russia could no beat the combined might of the west in a straight fight but that if it came to it no one would win.

susprised more wasn’t made of that statement.

Yes, I'm also surprised more hasn't been made of it, because during the same statement that Putin gave about not being able to beat the West in a straight fight, he added that Russia has a lot of nuclear weapons, some of which are better than the West has and that nobody would win with a nuclear war in Europe.

It was the a clear warning to the West, not to push him too far and that if I can't win (Putin) then nobody is going to win.

18 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

3 oligarch’s and some banks…

For real?? That’s it?? 
Send Putin a met polis questionnaire next??
Honestly what a joke the uk is :lol: 

The rest being given plenty time and space to make arrangements for rehousing their filthy lucre. 

Must be a tricky time for the Tories given that their funding is largely dependent on Russian money and that 14 ministers in Johnson’s last cabinet had accepted donations from Russian sources.

Just imagine the outcry from the Tories’ London laundromat backers when the Russian billions are no longer pouring in.

Still, on the plus side for the Tories, Putin sure did get Brexit done.

il Duce McTarkin
49 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The indy arguments have got amusing too from “I’m just as Scottish as you or anyone else!” to the now trotted out “what even is nationality it doesnae exist” 🤣🤣
Orkney and Shetland would have to go if they want they can have their own indy referendum that we’ll allow when it suits us not them. That’s how it works no? 
They’d also have hard borders in their sea and currency issues who’s going to protect them etc I mean what a minefield. 
Im fairly sure they don’t take all the waters around them I think it’s 12 miles from their coastline so they’d be more than welcome to re-connect with their Scandinavian brothers and sisters or rely on WM to look after them I guess. The borders are also the Scottish Borders with centuries old lines. If the people there want to be part of England they can move over the other side it’s really that simple. This annexing bolloks the union side trot out is nonsense. By this argument Scotland is broken into half a dozen regions aye? All hard borders and border checks aye?? Border checks getting in and out aberdeen? Where is the cut off too? Someone’s street who doesn’t want to be part of WM or indy Scotland? I just draw a line in my street? Mibbe my neighbour can stay in the union and I can leave? People can be independent on their own? Just all do what we want?

You need help, mate.

:lol:

Lord Montpelier
34 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s ok lads Nicky is on the case 

0FAC1CF9-6CD1-4CD4-96F4-C1D691AADD1A.jpeg

She's even got her serious face on. I feel very reassured. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

They should block all Russian banks from carrying out any transactions with banks in the EU/UK/US. Prevent any cash transfers in or out of the country. Cripple the feckers

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You guys must be fuming she didn't hand out party poppers.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They should block all Russian banks from carrying out any transactions with banks in the EU/UK/US. Prevent any cash transfers in or out of the country. Cripple the feckers

100%.

Sanctions on all Russians and all their assets in this country. Kick them all out. 

People need to understand the role the oligarchs play with/for Putin and how their wealth is used.

manaliveits105
46 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s ok lads Nicky is on the case 

0FAC1CF9-6CD1-4CD4-96F4-C1D691AADD1A.jpeg

Nicola Sturgeon has said she is “appalled” by Alex Salmond’s continued involvement with the Russian-state backed broadcaster RT.

The First Minister criticised her predecessor, as he was urged to ditch his show on the channel.

Salmond began hosting The Alex Salmond Show on RT back in 2017 months after losing his seat as an MP.

Sturgeon has previously warned Salmond against appearing on the broadcaster, but those calls have been ignored.

How do the Alba zealots feel about Salmonds involvement I wonder 

12 hours ago, Costanza said:

I had half joked during the Brexit negotiations that Johnson was a Russian asset....

There's loads of them in the Tory party -

John Whittingdale and his "Conservative Friends of Russia"

Numerous current cabinet ministers who are on the Putin payroll.

Liz Truss on BBC this am being shown a picture of her & 5 then current female cabinet ministers meeting the wife of Putin's ex-finanace minister - who had paid the Tories £120K for a one off event and nearly £2 million in total. 

Johnson is known to have attended bunga bunga parties in Italy where he ditched his security protection. 

His wife has close ties to Russia & Russian money.

The Tories are infested with Russian ties & money in a way that the establishment used to be terrified would happen with the Labour party back in the day. And no one bats an eyelid. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

God bless her . If there’s a bandwagon to jump on she’s jumping on it . Not said much about the human rights in infringements in  Canada 🇨🇦 

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

God bless her . If there’s a bandwagon to jump on she’s jumping on it . Not said much about the human rights in infringements in  Canada 🇨🇦 

I feel much safer now I know she's pledging the support of the Scottish resistance movement to the Ukrainian cause. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Liz Truss on BBC this am being shown a picture of her & 5 then current female cabinet ministers meeting the wife of Putin's ex-finanace minister - who had paid the Tories £120K for a one off event and nearly £2 million in total. 

Johnson is known to have attended bunga bunga parties in Italy where he ditched his security protection. 

The Tories are infested with Russian ties & money in a way that the establishment used to be terrified would happen with the Labour party back in the day. And no one bats an eyelid. 

No it’s what aboot Salmond daeing a show on RT :lol: ****ing incredible. 
Well it’s not really. 

I feel much safer now I know she's pledging the support of the Scottish resistance movement to the Ukrainian cause. 

Oh my god I can just imagine the resistance movement peoples supplied by our finest ! 😂 to help with it 

The West was never going to intervene when the tanks rolled into to the break away regions. Putin new this as no one intervened when he went into Crimea.

The big question is will the West step in if he goes into Ukraine?

My suspicious mind thinks his plan all along was to take control of the break away regions and not push any further.

He can cope with a few sanctions which will be reversed in the future. 

As for the U.K. sanctions :rofl: No way they were going to stop easy money filtering through and skimmed of into their pockets. 

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The West was never going to intervene when the tanks rolled into to the break away regions. Putin new this as no one intervened when he went into Crimea.

My suspicious mind thinks his plan all along was to take control of the break away regions and not push any further.

As for the U.K. sanctions :rofl: No way they were going to stop easy money filtering through and skimmed of into their pockets. 

Yeah you think ?

I'm with this guy...

I know, it's a parody account. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I think you're right. Apparently the people of Donetsk want to be a part of Russia so there it is.

Maybe just testing the waters for further moves in the future elsewhere

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s a serious thing though, borders, race, ethnicity .

All of or arbitrary and fluid.

look at the harm it causes .

separatists cause wars.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah you think ?

I'm with this guy...

I know, it's a parody account. :lol:

Brilliant. 😂

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve no doubt at all Johnson is an asset to Russian oligarchs. 
Also if I was Putin I’d already have flattened Ukraine if I only had to worry about complete and utter saps like that Trudeau. 
Leaders everywhere nowadays Jesus ****ing christ man what’s going on?!

Send in Nicola. She'll sort the *****.  :surrender:

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

separatists cause wars.

Putin wants to unite the old Soviet Union. So there you go talking pish again. The UK is 4 different states, they can separate any time they choose. It's not like Cornwall or Yorkshire going rogue.

Cross over thread time. How does the Fat Eton Mess get away with so much incompetence and lies. 

Conversation

-F8MOAWi_x96.jpg

The PM told the House that Roman Abramovich has already been sanctioned. He hasn’t. It’s untrue.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

separatists cause wars.

It is yeah. Jim Murphy got hit by an egg here and Sarah Smith made it sound like it’s no safe to walk the streets. Wait till she picks a side over stateside there :lol: 

As long as your British it’s cool though I getcha. That’s a nationality that we can all get behind? We should respect all countries or states who want to choose who governs them as long it’s no Scotland? Scotland doesn’t really exist cos folk came here from Ireland a few centuries ago or whatever or some folk doon the borders dinny fancy it? 
I’m half kidding with you tbh but I find the constant goal post moving amusing. 

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

What about Scotland ?

Scotland owns the Shetland islands etc ... As for the borders they've been Scottish for over 1000 years. I'm sure Yorkshire , Cornwall, and Northumberland would like to be Danish, or am I just talking shit. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

It is yeah. Jim Murphy got hit by an egg here and Sarah Smith made it sound like it’s no safe to walk the streets. Wait till she picks a side over stateside there :lol: 

As long as your British it’s cool though I getcha. That’s a nationality that we can all get behind? We should respect all countries or states who want to choose who governs them as long it’s no Scotland? Scotland doesn’t really exist cos folk came here from *Ireland a few centuries ago or whatever or some folk doon the borders dinny fancy it? 
I’m half kidding with you tbh but I find the constant goal post moving amusing. 

That's not even 100 percent been confirmed, it's guess work. The Picts owned the place, they beat everyone and allowed them to keep their lands as long as they paid the piper. The Northumbria mob tried to push their luck, so we're slapped and told to bolt.

Anyway, why does DJ keep bringing it back to this.

Oh and Salmond was run off the road during Indyref. And some we Britnats would spray paint anti English shite on walls and blame wee old yes voters. 

Anyway, has Putin stopped laughing at the British sanctions yet.IMG-20220219-WA0002.thumb.jpg.5ef199091586d73e655c9f4667bce9bb.jpg

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

That's not even 100 percent been confirmed, it's guess work. The Picts owned the place, they beat everyone and allowed them to keep their lands as long as they paid the piper. The Northumbria mob tried to push their luck, so we're slapped and told to bolt.

Anyway, why does DJ keep bringing it back to this.

Oh and Salmond was run off the road during Indyref. And some we Britnats would spray paint anti English shite on walls and blame wee old yes voters. 

Anyway, has Putin stopped laughing at the British sanctions yet.IMG-20220219-WA0002.thumb.jpg.5ef199091586d73e655c9f4667bce9bb.jpg

:lol: Vladimir Petin.

Eck on Sturgeons naughty step now for continuing with his Russia Today show.

Is this bad for alba / good for unionists ? 

When Johnson accepts there was Russian interference but tries to negate it by saying it was unsuccessful.

He obviously wasn't talking about brexit, which was funded & won with Russian money.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

How do the Alba zealots feel about Salmonds involvement I wonder 

Less perturbed than I feel about your guy ditching his MI6 bodyguards to go to the Italian Castle of the son of a KGB Colonel. 

Oh BTW that's Evgeney Lebedev, who Spaffer put in the Lords months later. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

100%.

Sanctions on all Russians and all their assets in this country. Kick them all out. 

People need to understand the role the oligarchs play with/for Putin and how their wealth is used.

I believe the conversation has started as to how to remove Russia from SWIFT. Would have serious implications for the movement, well the legal movement, of funds to and from the country.

Will no doubt be last resort as every Russian would be affected, not just the Oligarchs.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Given Johnson's penchant for corruption, lack of any kind of morality and his fondness for getting steaming and getting his Nat King, one can only imagine the kompromat the Russians have on him.

He'll do what he's told. 

17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Less perturbed than I feel about your guy ditching his MI6 bodyguards to go to the Italian Castle of the son of a KGB Colonel. 

Oh BTW that's Evgeney Lebedev, who Spaffer put in the Lords months later. 

bump

@rorybremner

·

20h

BREAKING: Boris Johnson to hit Russia ‘very hard’ by returning £2m Russian donations to Tory Party and going to fewer of their oligarch’s parties

manaliveits105

Ian Murray saying just now  RT and Sputnik opened offices in Edinburgh before the 2014 referendum to help Salmond and the Indy movement 

deary me comrades 

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ian Murray saying just now  RT and Sputnik opened offices in Edinburgh before the 2014 referendum to help Salmond and the Indy movement 

deary me comrades 

Risible. 

19 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Hope my vodka tastes the same and they don't do an irn bru on it now🧐

It might have Novichok in it soon.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:robboyas: She'll talk a bit of sense.

It looks very intense . She must be 😂now she has got Covid under control the world is her oyster 🦪  ps name the film 

B0A0A2F1-9B46-43E3-A0F1-5F65D9EF4A6D.jpeg

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine